|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
(a) A refrigerator that does not freeze.
(b) An accelerator tube that causes high voltage problems.
(c) A matrix table for elements.
(d) An accelerator tube that avoids high voltage problems.
2. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
3. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
4. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The uncertainty principle.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) The relativity theory.
5. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Marie and Pierre Curie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
2. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
3. Where is particle acceleration developed?
4. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
5. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)