|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Water tension.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Quantam theory.
2. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) Hans Gieger.
(d) Niels Bohr.
3. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
4. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
(a) The nuclear chain reaction.
(b) The structure of the proton.
5. What is the general topic for the Solvay Conference?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(c) Experimental physics.
(d) Nuclear physics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
2. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
3. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
5. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)