|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
(a) His experimetnal data.
(b) Grand piano.
(d) Lab books.
2. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
(a) John Landsdale.
(b) Howard von Alben.
(c) John Robinson.
(d) Edward Jacobs.
3. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Harry Moseley.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Max Planck.
4. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
(b) "Big Berthas".
5. Who says, "Welcome to Los Alamos, and who the devil are you?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
2. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
3. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
4. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
5. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)