|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Enrico Fermi team with to separate iodine isotopes?
(a) T.A. Chalmers.
(b) Patrick Blacket.
(c) Lisa Meitner.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
2. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
3. Who is the Secretary of War in 1942?
4. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
(a) Hungarian physicists.
(b) George Hans.
(c) German physicists.
(d) Lise Meitner.
5. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
2. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
3. When does Klaus Fuchs come to Los Alamos?
4. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
5. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)