|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
2. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Harry Moseley.
(d) Chaim Weizmann.
3. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
4. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) Edward Teller.
(b) John von Neumann.
(c) J.J. Thompson.
(d) Hans Gieger.
5. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
Short Answer Questions
1. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
2. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
3. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
4. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)