|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
(a) Solar energy.
(b) Production of radioactive cobalt.
(c) Nucelar chain reaction.
2. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
(a) Heavy water.
3. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(b) The uncertainty principle.
(c) The relativity theory.
4. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
5. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
(a) The design of the spiral particle accelerator.
(b) The discovery of the proton.
(c) The design of the cyclotron.
(d) The discovery of the neutron.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
2. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
3. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
4. Who is Alexander Sachs?
5. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)