|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(b) George III.
(c) Prince Edward.
(d) King Edward VII.
2. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
(a) The atomic bomb.
(c) The hydrogen bomb.
(d) A mass spectrometer.
3. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
4. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
5. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(b) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
(c) Designer of the plutonium gun.
(d) Test pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Operation Barbarossa?
2. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
3. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
4. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
5. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)