|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
(b) Oak Ridge.
(d) Los Alamos.
2. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
3. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) A.E. Houseman.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) John Maynard Keynes.
(d) William Beveridge.
4. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
(a) Lyman Briggs.
(b) Kenneth Bainbridge.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) James Conant.
5. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
2. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
5. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)