|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
2. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Chaim Weizmann.
(c) Harry Moseley.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
3. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
4. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
5. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
2. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
3. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
4. Where does Operation Forager take place?
5. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)