|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who destroys the Norwegian heavy-water installation in February 1943?
2. What is Alsos?
(a) A nickname for Los Alamos.
(b) A security unit established by Groves.
(c) The American League Sons of Soldiers.
(d) The American League for Southern Officers.
3. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
(a) Heavy water.
4. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Lewis Strauss.
(b) Nobel Foundation.
(c) Princeton Foundation.
(d) Neils Bohr.
5. Where does Operation Forager take place?
(a) United States.
(c) The Pacific.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
2. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
3. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
4. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
5. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)