|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) Yehuda Menuhia.
(d) Lise Meitner.
2. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
3. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
4. Who says, "I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough, they stop fighting."
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Paul W. Tibbets.
(c) President Truman.
(d) Curtis LeMay.
5. When does Marie Curie die?
Short Answer Questions
1. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
2. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
3. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
4. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
5. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)