|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) James Chadwick.
(c) James Maxwell.
(d) Fyodor Vinbert.
2. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
3. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) Nuclear physics.
(d) Experimental physics.
4. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
(a) The plans for an atomic bomb.
(b) The existence of protons.
(c) A neutron can split uranium.
(d) His retirement.
5. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
2. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
3. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
4. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
5. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)