|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain William S. Parsons?
(a) Test pilot.
(c) Designer of the plutonium gun.
(d) Commander of the Navy at Pearl Harbor.
2. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
3. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
(a) June 1943.
(b) January 1944.
(c) November 1943.
(d) January 1943.
4. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
(a) Lou Geirigh.
(b) Otto Reichart.
(c) Hans Geiger.
(d) Edward Wigner.
5. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is pure plutonium extracted for the first time?
2. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
3. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
4. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
5. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
This section contains 131 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)