|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
2. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
(b) Xylyl bromide.
(c) Nerve gas.
3. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
4. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
5. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
(a) From Leo Szilard.
(b) From the Third Reich.
(c) From a student.
(d) From the head of the faculty.
Short Answer Questions
1. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
2. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
3. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
4. Who is the token American at the Solvay Conference?
5. How much money does Leo Szilard ask the Uranium Committee for?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)