|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Harry Moseley.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Max Planck.
2. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
(d) Atomic bomb.
3. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
4. Where does Emilio Segre conduct his experiments on the rate of fission in uranium and plutonium?
(a) Los Alamos.
(c) Oak Ridge.
5. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(b) The relativity theory.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) The uncertainty principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Oppenheimer and his aides move to New Mexico?
2. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
3. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
4. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
5. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)