|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Write equations.
(b) Read science books.
(c) Recite the periodic table.
(d) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
4. Who discovers X-rays?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
5. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
2. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
3. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
4. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
5. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)