|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Operation Forager take place?
(b) United States.
(c) The Pacific.
2. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
(a) The anticipated atomic bomb.
(b) The new cyclotron.
(c) The megatron accelerator.
(d) The anticipated hydrogen bomb.
3. Who discovers X-rays?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Wilhelm Roentgen.
4. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
(a) James Maxwell.
(b) Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
5. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) German nobility.
(b) Other European commercial groups.
(c) Old Hungarian nobility.
(d) Government bureaucracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
2. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
3. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
4. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
5. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)