|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
2. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(b) Quantam theory.
(c) Water tension.
(d) Atomic bomb.
3. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Wilhelm Roentgen.
4. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(b) United States.
5. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
2. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
3. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
4. When does World War II begin?
5. What is Alsos?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)