|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Adolphus von Brogan.
(c) The czarist secret police.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
2. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Gustav Stolper.
(c) Alexander Sachs.
(d) Albert Einstein.
3. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
(a) Julian Carian.
(b) Anna Toble.
(c) Laura Capon.
(d) Maria Karenina.
4. When does the Oak Ridge pilot reactor reach critical mass?
(a) November 1943.
(b) June 1943.
(c) January 1944.
(d) January 1943.
5. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Enrico Fermi move to Los Alamos?
2. In the 1940's, the Japanese scientists researching nuclear power for propulsion switch their research to what field?
3. Where is particle acceleration developed?
4. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
5. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)