|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
(a) Cavendish Laboratory.
(b) Marie Curie's Radium Institute.
(c) University of Manchester.
2. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
(b) The hydrogen bomb.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) A mass spectrometer.
3. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
4. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(d) Marie and Pierre Curie.
5. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
2. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
3. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
4. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)