|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 100 feet.
2. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(b) The surface tension of water.
(c) The atom.
3. What does Oppenheimer and a group of scientists name the "Super"?
(a) The anticipated atomic bomb.
(b) The new cyclotron.
(c) The megatron accelerator.
(d) The anticipated hydrogen bomb.
4. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
5. Who is Alexander Sachs?
(a) A financier.
(b) A professor.
(c) A personal friend of Roosevelt.
(d) A scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes up with the technical term "pile" or atomic pile?
2. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
3. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
5. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)