|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
2. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
3. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) Edward Teller.
(b) John von Neumann.
(c) Hans Gieger.
(d) J.J. Thompson.
4. What is Alsos?
(a) A security unit established by Groves.
(b) A nickname for Los Alamos.
(c) The American League Sons of Soldiers.
(d) The American League for Southern Officers.
5. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Vannevar Bush.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Isador Rabi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
2. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
3. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
4. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
5. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)