|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Germans surrender at Stalingrad?
2. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) A.E. Houseman.
(b) William Beveridge.
(c) John Maynard Keynes.
(d) Edward Teller.
3. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
(a) Univeristy of Berlin.
(b) Tubingen University.
(c) Univeristy of Franfurt.
(d) Kaiser Wilheim Institute.
4. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(b) The uncertainty principle.
(d) The relativity theory.
5. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
2. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
3. What indispensable item does Teller and his wife bring to Los Alamos?
4. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
5. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)