|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The neutron.
(b) The proton.
(c) The atom.
(d) The electron.
2. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Harry Moseley.
(c) Chaim Weizmann.
(d) Niels Bohr.
3. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
(a) Ernest Lawrence.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Max von Laue.
(d) Isaac Newton.
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Copenhagen.
(b) University of Edinburgh.
(c) University of Berlin.
(d) University of Manchester.
5. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are related.
(b) They are visitors from Mars.
(c) They are not all Hungarians.
(d) They are specially trained from birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
2. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
4. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
5. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)