|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
2. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
(a) A way to make radios more efficient.
(b) An anerobic organism that decomposes starch.
(c) A new radioactive element.
(d) A secret code.
3. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Albert Teller.
4. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
5. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
2. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
3. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
4. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
5. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)