|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Atomic bomb.
(b) Water tension.
(c) Quantam theory.
2. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
(a) A refrigerator that does not freeze.
(b) An accelerator tube that causes high voltage problems.
(c) A matrix table for elements.
(d) An accelerator tube that avoids high voltage problems.
3. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) Edward Teller.
(b) Hans Gieger.
(c) J.J. Thompson.
(d) John von Neumann.
4. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
(a) Rolf Wideroe.
(b) James Chadwick.
(c) Robert Oppenheimer.
(d) Ernest Lawrence.
5. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
2. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
3. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
4. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
5. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)