|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
2. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
(a) Harry Moseley.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Chaim Weizmann.
3. Who discovers X-rays?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Ernest Lawrence.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Wilhelm Roentgen.
4. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
5. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) Prince Edward.
(b) George III.
(c) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(d) King Edward VII.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
2. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
3. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
4. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
5. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)