|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) George de Hevesy.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Isaac Newton.
2. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
3. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
4. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(c) de Hevesy.
5. Where is particle acceleration developed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
2. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
3. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
4. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
5. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)