|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Harry Moseley.
2. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
3. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Michael Polanyi.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Von Neumann.
(d) Mor Karman.
4. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
(a) James Chadwick.
(b) James Maxwell.
(c) Fyodor Vinbert.
(d) Max Planck.
5. Where is particle acceleration developed?
Short Answer Questions
1. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
2. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
3. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
4. Who discovers radio waves in 1893?
5. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)