|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) George de Hevesy.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) John Karman.
2. After World War I, the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge becomes the center for what science?
(a) Experimental physics.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Nuclear physics.
3. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Von Neumann.
(b) Mor Karman.
(c) Michael Polanyi.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
4. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
(a) Ernest Lawrence.
(b) James Chadwick.
(c) Robert Oppenheimer.
(d) Rolf Wideroe.
5. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
(a) James Maxwell.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Fyodor Vinbert.
(d) James Chadwick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
4. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)