|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(a) The atom.
(c) The surface tension of water.
2. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
3. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
4. What gas do the Germans first introduce into the war at Ypres, contrary to the terms of the Hague Declaration of 1899?
(a) Xylyl bromide.
(b) Nerve gas.
5. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
2. Who envisions atoms as small billiard balls?
3. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
4. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)