|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
2. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Government bureaucracy.
(b) Other European commercial groups.
(c) German nobility.
(d) Old Hungarian nobility.
3. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
4. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) University of Copenhagan.
(b) University of Denmark.
(c) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
5. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
2. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
3. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
4. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
5. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)