|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) Chaim Weizmann.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Theodor von Penski.
2. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
(c) "Big Berthas".
3. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Michael Polanyi.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Mor Karman.
(d) Von Neumann.
4. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
5. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
2. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
3. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
4. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
5. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)