|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) John Karman.
2. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
3. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
4. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Darwin and Meitner.
(b) Haber and Meitner.
(c) Hahn and Darwin.
(d) Hahn and Haber.
5. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
(a) University of Manchester.
(b) Marie Curie's Radium Institute.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
2. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
3. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
4. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
5. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
This section contains 133 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)