|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(c) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
2. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) George III.
(b) King Edward VII.
(c) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(d) Prince Edward.
3. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Hahn and Haber.
(b) Darwin and Meitner.
(c) Haber and Meitner.
(d) Hahn and Darwin.
4. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
5. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
2. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
3. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
4. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
5. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)