|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Read science books.
(b) Write equations.
(c) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(d) Recite the periodic table.
2. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
(b) The atom.
(c) The surface tension of water.
3. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
4. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
(a) The design of the cyclotron.
(b) The design of the spiral particle accelerator.
(c) The discovery of the neutron.
(d) The discovery of the proton.
5. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
2. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
3. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
4. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
5. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)