|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
(a) The design of the cyclotron.
(b) The design of the spiral particle accelerator.
(c) The discovery of the proton.
(d) The discovery of the neutron.
2. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
3. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Yehuda Menuhia.
(b) Lise Meitner.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
4. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(c) The uncertainty principle.
(d) The relativity theory.
5. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
2. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
4. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
5. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)