|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 100 yards.
(d) 1 mile.
2. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Manchester.
(b) University of Berlin.
(c) University of Edinburgh.
(d) University of Copenhagen.
3. Who determines how to use x-ray spectroscopy to study atoms?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Harry Moseley.
4. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
(a) The discovery of the neutron.
(b) The design of the spiral particle accelerator.
(c) The design of the cyclotron.
(d) The discovery of the proton.
5. In 1873, what physicist says that atoms do not exist?
(a) James Chadwick.
(b) James Maxwell.
(c) Fyodor Vinbert.
(d) Max Planck.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
2. What does Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner research together?
3. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
4. When does Rutherford announce that he splits the atom?
5. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)