|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
(a) Ernest Lawrence.
(b) Robert Oppenheimer.
(c) James Chadwick.
(d) Rolf Wideroe.
2. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
3. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
4. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
5. Ernest Rutherford moves from New Zealand to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
2. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
3. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
4. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
5. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)