|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
2. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Other European commercial groups.
(b) German nobility.
(c) Old Hungarian nobility.
(d) Government bureaucracy.
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Recite the periodic table.
(b) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(c) Write equations.
(d) Read science books.
4. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
(a) J.J. Thompson.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) Hans Gieger.
(d) John von Neumann.
5. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Manchester.
(b) University of Edinburgh.
(c) University of Copenhagen.
(d) University of Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
2. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
3. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
4. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
5. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)