|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Old Hungarian nobility.
(b) Other European commercial groups.
(c) Government bureaucracy.
(d) German nobility.
2. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
3. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 2 miles.
4. Who is the second woman in history to earn a Ph.D. at the University of Vienna?
(a) Maria Goeppert-Mayer.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) Yehuda Menuhia.
(d) Lise Meitner.
5. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) Prince Edward.
(b) George III.
(c) King Edward VII.
(d) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
2. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
3. When does Ernest Rutherford win the Nobel Prize in chemistry?
4. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
5. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)