|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Michael Polanyi.
(b) Mor Karman.
(c) Eugene Wigner.
(d) Von Neumann.
2. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
3. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Wilhelm Roentgen.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Marie and Pierre Curie.
4. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
5. In the 1920's/1930's, what is the world's largest source of radioactive polonium?
(b) University of Manchester.
(c) Marie Curie's Radium Institute.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
2. Where is particle acceleration developed?
3. What does Rolf Wideroe invent?
4. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
5. When does the Allied campaign at the Turkish Gallipoli Peninsula begin?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)