|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(d) de Hevesy.
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(b) Prince Edward.
(c) George III.
(d) King Edward VII.
4. When does Rutherford discover a radioactive gas emanating from thorium?
5. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works with Rutherford to develop a counter for alpha particles?
2. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
3. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
4. Who discovers X-rays?
5. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)