|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Quantam theory.
(b) Atomic bomb.
(d) Water tension.
2. How long does Lawrence calculate the size of the tube he needs?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 100 feet.
3. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(b) Cavendish Laboratory.
(c) University of Copenhagan.
(d) University of Denmark.
4. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
(a) The design of the cyclotron.
(b) The discovery of the neutron.
(c) The discovery of the proton.
(d) The design of the spiral particle accelerator.
5. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
2. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
3. Who is the Director of the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge after World War I?
4. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
5. What theoretical physicist moves to Manchester when he is twenty seven year old for experience working with radioactivity?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)