|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(c) de Hevesy.
2. Who is Queen Victoria of England's oldest grandson?
(a) Kaiser Wilhelm II.
(b) George III.
(c) Prince Edward.
(d) King Edward VII.
3. What kind of planes does Germany use to bomb England?
(a) "Big Berthas".
4. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
5. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The electron.
(b) The proton.
(c) The neutron.
(d) The atom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hailed as the beginning of true nuclear physics?
2. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
3. Who founds big-machine physics in America?
4. What Russian-Jewish biochemist is later elected first president of Israel?
5. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)