|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers that radium gives off a radioactive gas?
(a) Leo Szilard.
(b) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Wilhelm Roentgen.
2. When does Rutherford suggest the existence of the neutron?
3. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
(d) United States.
4. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(b) Write equations.
(c) Recite the periodic table.
(d) Read science books.
5. What does J.J. Thompson discover?
(a) The atom.
(b) The neutron.
(c) The proton.
(d) The electron.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
2. When does Robert Oppenheimer come to Berkeley?
3. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
5. When are the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes in Berlin dedicated?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)