Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "The Evils of This Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element does Enrico Fermi and his team begin to experiment with?
2. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
(a) Hungarian physicists.
(b) Lise Meitner.
(c) German physicists.
(d) George Hans.
3. What is the topic of one of the debates that takes place at the Solvay Conference?
(b) The nuclear chain reaction.
(d) The structure of the proton.
4. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
5. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(a) Los Alamos.
(b) Hanford facility.
(d) Oak Ridge facility.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does World War II begin?
2. When does the Solvay Conference in Brussels take place?
3. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
4. Who does Enrico Fermi marry?
5. What does Frisch call the division process of the nucleus?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)