|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Machines".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two scientists are known to work together on gas warfare in German-occupied Brussels?
(a) Hahn and Darwin.
(b) Haber and Meitner.
(c) Hahn and Haber.
(d) Darwin and Meitner.
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. Who is the financial mainstay of pioneering Jewish settlements in Palestine when World War I begins?
(a) J.P. Morgan.
(b) Edmond de Rothchild.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) David Lloyd George.
4. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
5. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The uncertainty principle.
(c) The relativity theory.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
2. When World War I begins, Bohr moves from Denmark to where?
3. Who designs the first working cyclotron?
4. What does Chaim Weizmann discover that helps the war effort?
5. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)