|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are related.
(b) They are not all Hungarians.
(c) They are visitors from Mars.
(d) They are specially trained from birth.
2. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Isaac Newton.
3. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
4. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
(a) Ernest Lawrence.
(b) James Conant.
(c) Lyman Briggs.
(d) Kenneth Bainbridge.
5. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Neils Bohr.
(b) Nobel Foundation.
(c) Lewis Strauss.
(d) Princeton Foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
2. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
3. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
4. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
5. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)