|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
2. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
3. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Copenhagen.
(b) University of Manchester.
(c) University of Berlin.
(d) University of Edinburgh.
4. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
(a) Bubble chamber.
(c) Accelerator tube.
(d) Cloud chamber.
5. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
4. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
5. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)