|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(c) de Hevesy.
2. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
3. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
4. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) George de Hevesy.
(c) John Karman.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
5. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
2. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
3. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
4. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
5. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)