|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
(a) The plans for an atomic bomb.
(b) A neutron can split uranium.
(c) The existence of protons.
(d) His retirement.
2. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
3. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are specially trained from birth.
(b) They are visitors from Mars.
(c) They are not all Hungarians.
(d) They are related.
4. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
(a) April, 1933.
(b) September, 1933.
(c) January, 1933.
(d) June, 1933.
5. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
2. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
3. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
4. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
5. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)