|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
2. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) George de Hevesy.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Niels Bohr.
3. What does Frisch call the division process of the nucleus?
4. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
(a) November 30, 1941.
(b) December 7, 1941.
(c) December 6, 1941.
(d) November 6, 1941.
5. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) The uncertainty principle.
(d) The relativity theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
2. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
3. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
4. What is Operation Barbarossa?
5. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)