|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
2. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) German nobility.
(b) Old Hungarian nobility.
(c) Government bureaucracy.
(d) Other European commercial groups.
3. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
4. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
(a) November 6, 1941.
(b) December 6, 1941.
(c) December 7, 1941.
(d) November 30, 1941.
5. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Lewis Strauss.
(b) Princeton Foundation.
(c) Nobel Foundation.
(d) Neils Bohr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
2. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
3. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
4. What is Operation Barbarossa?
5. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)