|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Einstein's second wife's name?
2. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
3. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(b) de Hevesy.
4. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
5. After Edward Teller becomes an American citizen and moves to Manhattan, his research involves what?
(a) The hydrogen bomb.
(b) A mass spectrometer.
(c) The atomic bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
2. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
3. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
4. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
5. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)