|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because of family.
(b) Because they want to go to Israel.
(c) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
(d) Because they want to find better schooling.
2. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
(a) Cloud chamber.
(b) Bubble chamber.
(c) Accelerator tube.
3. When does Bohr receive his Ph.D.?
4. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Mor Karman.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Michael Polanyi.
(d) Von Neumann.
5. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
(a) April, 1933.
(b) June, 1933.
(c) January, 1933.
(d) September, 1933.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
2. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
3. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
4. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
5. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)