|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) John Maynard Keynes.
(b) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Niels Bohr.
2. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
3. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Copenhagen.
(b) University of Edinburgh.
(c) University of Manchester.
(d) University of Berlin.
4. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
5. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
2. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
3. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
4. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
5. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)