|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
2. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(c) de Hevesy.
3. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
(a) Theoretical physics.
(b) Experimental physics.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Aeronautical physics.
4. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The uncertainty principle.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(d) The relativity theory.
5. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
2. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
3. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
4. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
5. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)