|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
4. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) John Maynard Keynes.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Kurt Mendelssohn.
5. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
(a) His retirement.
(b) The plans for an atomic bomb.
(c) A neutron can split uranium.
(d) The existence of protons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
2. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
3. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
4. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
5. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)