|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
2. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
(a) University of Edinburgh.
(b) University of Berlin.
(c) University of Copenhagen.
(d) University of Manchester.
3. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
4. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
5. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
(a) November 6, 1941.
(b) December 6, 1941.
(c) November 30, 1941.
(d) December 7, 1941.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
2. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
3. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
4. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
5. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)