|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because they want to find better schooling.
(b) Because they want to go to Israel.
(c) Because of family.
(d) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
2. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are not all Hungarians.
(b) They are specially trained from birth.
(c) They are visitors from Mars.
(d) They are related.
3. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(b) Quantam theory.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Water tension.
4. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
5. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
(a) Univeristy of Franfurt.
(b) Kaiser Wilheim Institute.
(c) Univeristy of Berlin.
(d) Tubingen University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
2. What is the topic of Bohr's first published scientific paper?
3. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
4. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
5. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)