|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
2. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
3. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
4. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Michael Polanyi.
(b) Mor Karman.
(c) Eugene Wigner.
(d) Von Neumann.
5. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
2. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
3. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
4. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
5. What is Theordor von Karman's area of study?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)