|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bohr announce at a Washington conference in 1939?
(a) A neutron can split uranium.
(b) The existence of protons.
(c) His retirement.
(d) The plans for an atomic bomb.
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
4. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(c) John Maynard Keynes.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
5. After finishing his Ph.D., where does Bohr start work?
(a) University of Copenhagan.
(b) Edinburgh Laboratory.
(c) University of Denmark.
(d) Cavendish Laboratory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
2. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
3. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
4. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
5. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)