|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
2. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Read science books.
(b) Write equations.
(c) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(d) Recite the periodic table.
3. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
4. What is the subject of the patent Leo Szilard gives to Lewis Strass as a memorial to Strauss' parents?
(a) Solar energy.
(b) Nucelar chain reaction.
(d) Production of radioactive cobalt.
5. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) George de Hevesy.
(d) Niels Bohr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
2. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
3. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
4. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
5. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)