|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
2. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
(a) Nobel Foundation.
(b) Neils Bohr.
(c) Princeton Foundation.
(d) Lewis Strauss.
3. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because they want to find better schooling.
(b) Because of family.
(c) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
(d) Because they want to go to Israel.
4. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
5. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
2. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
3. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
4. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
5. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)