|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
(a) The czarist secret police.
(b) Adolphus von Brogan.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
2. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
3. Who recruits Bohr for research in in radioactivity in Manchester?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Albert Teller.
4. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
(a) From Leo Szilard.
(b) From the Third Reich.
(c) From the head of the faculty.
(d) From a student.
5. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
2. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
3. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
4. What is Operation Barbarossa?
5. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)