|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Frisch's parents go to live after his father is released from concentration camp?
2. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Other European commercial groups.
(b) Government bureaucracy.
(c) German nobility.
(d) Old Hungarian nobility.
3. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
(a) John Karman.
(b) George de Hevesy.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
4. What is the name of Bohr's wife?
5. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
2. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
3. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
4. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
5. Where does Lise Meitner go when she flees Germany?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)