|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bohr win the Nobel Prize in physics?
2. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
(a) Ernest Rutherford.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Isaac Newton.
(d) George de Hevesy.
3. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
4. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
(a) Atomic bomb.
(b) Quantam theory.
(d) Water tension.
5. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
2. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
3. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
4. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
5. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)