|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
2. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
(a) A Japanese physicist.
(b) A British physicist.
(c) An American nuclear physicist.
(d) A Japanese diplomat.
3. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
4. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
5. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Eugene Wigner.
(b) Michael Polanyi.
(c) Von Neumann.
(d) Mor Karman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
2. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
3. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
4. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
5. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)