|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of this chapter comes from what philosopher's writings?
2. When is Albert Einstein's theory of relativity proven through studies during an eclipse of the sun?
3. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
4. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
5. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
(a) November 30, 1941.
(b) December 6, 1941.
(c) December 7, 1941.
(d) November 6, 1941.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
2. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
3. What is the specific topic of Bohr's controversial paper in 1913?
4. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
5. In the 1930's, where do Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn, and Fritz Strassman work when they are trying to sort out the elements created by neutron bombardment of the heaviest elements?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)