|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
2. A part of what country does Neville Chamberlain and Hitler agree should be ceded to Germany?
3. Who heads the Academic Assistance Council in the 1930's?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Ernest Rutherford.
(c) Kurt Mendelssohn.
(d) John Maynard Keynes.
4. What religion is Enrico Fermi?
5. How does Hans Bethe learn of his dismissal from Tubingen University?
(a) From Leo Szilard.
(b) From the Third Reich.
(c) From the head of the faculty.
(d) From a student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many wealthy Jewish men do the Germans send to concentration camps during the German Kristallnacht?
2. Who teaches Bohr about radiochemistry?
3. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
4. Whose contributions to 20th century physics rank second only to Albert Einstein's?
5. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)