|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Director of the London School of Economics in the 1930's?
(a) John Maynard Keynes.
(b) William Beveridge.
(c) A.E. Houseman.
(d) Edward Teller.
2. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
3. When does the Third Reich promulgate its first anti-Jewish ordinance?
(a) September, 1933.
(b) April, 1933.
(c) June, 1933.
(d) January, 1933.
4. Bohr sets out the order of elements on the periodic table based on what part of the atom?
5. What instrument does Frisch use to prove the nucleus splits?
(b) Cloud chamber.
(c) Accelerator tube.
(d) Bubble chamber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bohr teach in 1916?
2. When does the U.S. Uranium Committee meet to reorganize work on the atomic bomb?
3. In 1940, how long does the MAUD Committee think it takes its members to create an atomic weapon?
4. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
5. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)