|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "A Communication from Britain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John von Neumann go in 1930 when he leaves Germany?
2. About how many refugee physicists go the United States between 1933 and 1941?
3. How old is Hitler when he comes to power?
4. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
5. Hahn and Strassman (without Meitner) continue experiments with neutron bombardment of what element?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provides Lise Meitner a grant to continue experimenting?
2. Who is the author of "Mein Kempf"?
3. Who is Tokutaro Hagiwara?
4. Who is the first American scientist of administrative rank to visit Britain in 1941?
5. Where does Hans Bethe go after his dismissal from Tubingen?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)