|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Government bureaucracy.
(b) Other European commercial groups.
(c) Old Hungarian nobility.
(d) German nobility.
2. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
(a) Vannevar Bush.
(b) Andrew Lawrence.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) George Pegram.
3. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
4. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
(a) Alexander Sachs.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Gustav Stolper.
(d) Albert Einstein.
5. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
2. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
3. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
4. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
5. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)