|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does World War II begin?
2. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
(a) Edward Jacobs.
(b) John Landsdale.
(c) Howard von Alben.
(d) John Robinson.
3. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(d) de Hevesy.
4. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
(a) Edward Wigner.
(b) Hans Geiger.
(c) Otto Reichart.
(d) Lou Geirigh.
5. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
(b) Heavy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
2. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
3. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
4. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
5. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)