|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Mor Karman.
(b) Michael Polanyi.
(c) Von Neumann.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
2. When does World War II begin?
3. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
4. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because of family.
(b) Because they want to find better schooling.
(c) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
(d) Because they want to go to Israel.
5. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
2. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
3. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
4. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
5. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)