|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
(a) John Robinson.
(b) John Landsdale.
(c) Edward Jacobs.
(d) Howard von Alben.
2. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Write equations.
(b) Recite the periodic table.
(c) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(d) Read science books.
3. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(c) The uncertainty principle.
(d) The relativity theory.
4. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(b) Hanford facility.
(c) Oak Ridge facility.
(d) Los Alamos.
5. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Other European commercial groups.
(b) Old Hungarian nobility.
(c) Government bureaucracy.
(d) German nobility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alexander Sachs?
2. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
3. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
4. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)