|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) The uncertainty principle.
(d) The relativity theory.
2. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
3. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(a) Oak Ridge facility.
(b) Hanford facility.
(c) Los Alamos.
4. How much money does Leo Szilard ask the Uranium Committee for?
5. When does World War II begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
2. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
3. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
4. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
5. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)