|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
2. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
(a) Vannevar Bush.
(b) Isador Rabi.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) George Bush.
3. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are visitors from Mars.
(b) They are related.
(c) They are specially trained from birth.
(d) They are not all Hungarians.
4. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(d) de Hevesy.
5. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
2. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
3. In what state is the Hanford facility located?
4. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
5. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)