|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(b) The uncertainty principle.
(c) The relativity theory.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
2. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Michael Polanyi.
(b) Von Neumann.
(c) Mor Karman.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
3. Who is Alexander Sachs?
(a) A professor.
(b) A personal friend of Roosevelt.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A financier.
4. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
(a) Gustav Stolper.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Alexander Sachs.
(d) Albert Einstein.
5. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
2. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
3. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
4. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
5. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)