|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
2. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
3. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
(c) Eastman Kodak.
4. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
(a) Alexander Sachs.
(b) Gustav Stolper.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Albert Einstein.
5. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
2. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
3. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
4. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
5. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)