|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Other European commercial groups.
(b) Old Hungarian nobility.
(c) Government bureaucracy.
(d) German nobility.
2. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
3. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
(a) Andrew Carnegie.
(b) Vannevar Bush.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Isador Rabi.
4. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(b) Oak Ridge facility.
(c) Hanford facility.
(d) Los Alamos.
5. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
(a) Gustav Stolper.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Alexander Sachs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
2. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
3. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
4. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
5. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)