|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Write equations.
(b) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
(c) Read science books.
(d) Recite the periodic table.
2. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
3. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
(a) Edward Wigner.
(b) Otto Reichart.
(c) Lou Geirigh.
(d) Hans Geiger.
4. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
(a) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute.
(b) Otto Hahn.
(c) Hans Geiger.
(d) The War Office.
5. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
2. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
3. When does World War II begin?
4. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
5. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)