|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
(a) German physicists.
(b) Hungarian physicists.
(c) Lise Meitner.
(d) George Hans.
2. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
3. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Von Neumann.
(b) Eugene Wigner.
(c) Michael Polanyi.
(d) Mor Karman.
4. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
5. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
(a) Isador Rabi.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Vannevar Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
2. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
3. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
4. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
5. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)