|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Write equations.
(b) Read science books.
(c) Recite the periodic table.
(d) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
2. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) German nobility.
(b) Old Hungarian nobility.
(c) Other European commercial groups.
(d) Government bureaucracy.
3. How much money does Leo Szilard ask the Uranium Committee for?
4. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Isador Rabi.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Vannevar Bush.
5. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
(a) Otto Reichart.
(b) Edward Wigner.
(c) Hans Geiger.
(d) Lou Geirigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
2. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
3. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
4. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
5. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)