|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
(a) Because they want to go to Israel.
(b) Because they want to find better schooling.
(c) Because of family.
(d) Because of increasingly violent anti-Semitism.
2. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
3. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
(a) Edward Wigner.
(b) Otto Reichart.
(c) Lou Geirigh.
(d) Hans Geiger.
4. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
5. When does Russia begin work on its atomic bomb project?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
2. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
3. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
4. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
5. When does World War II begin?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)