|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
(a) Recite the periodic table.
(b) Write equations.
(c) Read science books.
(d) Multiply six figure numbers in his head.
2. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(a) Oak Ridge facility.
(c) Hanford facility.
(d) Los Alamos.
3. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
4. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
5. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
(a) Edward Wigner.
(b) Lou Geirigh.
(c) Hans Geiger.
(d) Otto Reichart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
2. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
3. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
4. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
5. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)