|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
2. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
3. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(b) Los Alamos.
(c) Hanford facility.
(d) Oak Ridge facility.
4. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(b) de Hevesy.
5. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are visitors from Mars.
(b) They are not all Hungarians.
(c) They are specially trained from birth.
(d) They are related.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
2. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
3. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
4. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
5. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)