|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The uncertainty principle.
(b) The relativity theory.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
2. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
(d) Eastman Kodak.
3. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
4. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
5. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(a) Oak Ridge facility.
(b) Hanford facility.
(d) Los Alamos.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
2. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
3. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
4. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
5. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)