|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are specially trained from birth.
(b) They are visitors from Mars.
(c) They are related.
(d) They are not all Hungarians.
2. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
3. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) German nobility.
(b) Old Hungarian nobility.
(c) Government bureaucracy.
(d) Other European commercial groups.
4. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
(a) George Pegram.
(b) Leo Szilard.
(c) Vannevar Bush.
(d) Andrew Lawrence.
5. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Isador Rabi.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Vannevar Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Niels Bohr escape from Stockholm to Scotland?
2. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
3. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
4. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
5. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)