|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
(a) Heavy water.
2. What theory or principle does Albert Einstein not accept?
(a) The relativity theory.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) The uncertainty principle.
3. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
(a) George Hans.
(b) Lise Meitner.
(c) German physicists.
(d) Hungarian physicists.
4. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(a) de Hevesy.
5. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
(a) Otto Reichart.
(b) Edward Wigner.
(c) Lou Geirigh.
(d) Hans Geiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
2. When does de Hevesy's entire family become ennobled?
3. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
4. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
5. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)