|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the first unconverted Jew ennobled since the Middle Ages?
(c) de Hevesy.
2. What is the rumor that circulates regarding the 20th century Hungarian Jewish scientists?
(a) They are visitors from Mars.
(b) They are related.
(c) They are not all Hungarians.
(d) They are specially trained from birth.
3. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
(a) Other European commercial groups.
(b) Government bureaucracy.
(c) German nobility.
(d) Old Hungarian nobility.
4. When does World War II begin?
5. By 1920, Jews make up what percent of Hungary's financiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1939, who does Leo Szilard want to prevent from learning about nuclear fission?
2. What can Von Karman do at age six that show he is a prodigy?
3. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
4. In 1910, Jews make up what percent of the Hungarian population?
5. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)