|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alexander Sachs?
(a) A professor.
(b) A personal friend of Roosevelt.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A financier.
2. How much money does Leo Szilard ask the Uranium Committee for?
3. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
(a) Hanford facility.
(b) Los Alamos.
(d) Oak Ridge facility.
4. When does the first meeting of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Uranium meet?
5. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
(a) Vannevar Bush.
(b) George Pegram.
(c) Andrew Lawrence.
(d) Leo Szilard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
2. Why do the Jewish scientists leave Hungary?
3. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
4. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
5. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)