|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alexander Sachs?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A financier.
(c) A personal friend of Roosevelt.
(d) A professor.
2. In the early 1900s, Budapest is the first European city to have what mode of transportation?
3. Under whom is the German fission research consolidated?
(a) Otto Hahn.
(b) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute.
(c) The War Office.
(d) Hans Geiger.
4. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
(a) Alexander Sachs.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Leo Szilard.
(d) Gustav Stolper.
5. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
(b) Eastman Kodak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo Szilard want to use as the moderator in the nuclear chain reaction?
2. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
3. Who is the Chief of Security for Groves?
4. How many of the 20th century's most exceptional scientists, who go on to become involved in the atomic bomb, are produced by the Hungarian Jewish middle class?
5. In the early 1900's, who do the Jewish commercial elite ally with, creating a large class of ennobled Jews?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)