One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Different Animals".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, who is pursuing atomic research in Germany?
(a) Hans Geiger.
(b) Edward Wigner.
(c) Otto Reichart.
(d) Lou Geirigh.
2. Who writes the letters to Roosevelt "sounding the alarm" about nuclear fission?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Alexander Sachs.
(c) Gustav Stolper.
(d) Leo Szilard.
3. When does Isador Isaac Rabi become a Nobel laureate in physics?
4. Who reorganizes the Hungarian school system along German lines?
(a) Michael Polanyi.
(b) Von Neumann.
(c) Mor Karman.
(d) Eugene Wigner.
5. When does World War II begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alexander Sachs?
2. In 1939, who is President of Carnegie Institute and is reluctant to invest in chain-reaction experiments?
3. Who gets Enrico Fermi a meeting with Admiral Hooper, the Undersecretary of the Navy?
4. To what does the nickname Dogpatch refer?
5. What company provides contracted employees to operate the Oak Ridge facility?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)