Chapter 1 "Moonshine"
1. Who writes "The Shape of Things to Come"?
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Richard Rhodes.
(d) Leo Szilard.
2. Where does Leo Szilard study engineering?
3. What does Max Planck discover?
(a) The neutron.
(b) The atom.
(c) A universal constant.
(d) Home refrigeration theory.
4. Why is Yehudi Menuhim famous?
(a) He writes a book.
(b) He is a child prodigy mathematician.
(c) He discovers uranium.
(d) He is a child prodigy violinist.
5. What does "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" advocate?
(a) The earlier education of child prodigies.
(b) The destruction of the Jews.
(c) The founding of a Jewish homeland.
(d) The destruction of Arians.
6. What is the subject of Leo Szilard's Ph.D. thesis?
(c) Nuclear physics.
(d) General physics.
7. How many patents does Szilard apply for in Germany between 1924 and 1934?
8. When does Ernest Lawrence win the Nobel Prize in Physics for producing a working model of the cyclotron?
9. Who confirms the existence of a neutron?
(a) Max von Laue.
(b) James Chadwick.
(c) Ernest Lawrence.
(d) Fyodor Vinbert.
This section contains 3,136 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)