|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lizet believe had replaced her as her mother's new adopted daughter in Chapter 33?
(d) Anna Maria.
2. What did Lizet's mother give her to wear to the rally in Chapter 23?
(a) A black robe.
(b) A t-shirt.
(c) A black dress.
(d) A veil.
3. What does "cálmate" translate to in English?
(a) "Calm down."
(c) "Your father."
(d) "Your mother."
4. Where in California is the internship that Dr. Kaufmann recommended to Lizet?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
5. Where did Ethan spend his Christmas break?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lizet describe the raid as having lasted in Chapter 33?
2. Who was the U.S. Attorney General from 1993 until 2001?
3. What type of guys did Jillian say she preferred in Chapter 26?
4. Who was the professor for Lizet's Investigative Biology Laboratory class in Chapter 25?
5. Who is Zoila's second husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lizet feel conflicted about applying for the internship offered by Dr. Kaufmann?
2. What observations does Ricky make regarding Lourdes's behavior in Chapter 30?
3. Why is Lizet's encounter with Victor distressing for her?
4. Who is Zoila and how is she described?
5. What are the benefits of the internship that Dr. Kaufmann informs Lizet about in Chapter 27?
6. What is the significance of Ricky's note inside Lizet's envelope in Chapter 19?
7. What grades does Lizet receive after her first semester finals? What do these grades mean for her?
8. What does the ring symbolize that Omar gives to Lizet?
9. Why does Leidy say she did not confide in her sister regarding Lourdes's behavior in Chapter 31?
10. Why does Lizet insist on going to her father's home in Chapter 30?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)