|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lizet related to Fito?
(a) Fito is Lizet's father.
(b) Fito is Lizet's grandfather.
(c) Fito is Lizet's uncle.
(d) Fito is Lizet's brother.
2. What kind of car does Lizet describe Omar driving in Chapter 8?
(a) A Subaru Forester.
(b) An Acura Integra.
(c) A Ford Explorer.
(d) A Ford Accent.
3. Where is Dana's father from?
4. How old was Ariel when he was rescued by a fisherman crossing into the U.S.?
5. What is Jaquelin's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lizet end up having to spend the night because her connecting flight was overbooked in Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of Dante's father?
3. When did Lizet say her flight was leaving when Leidy asked in Chapter 7?
4. What does "trabajando todavia" translate to in English?
5. Who is the real-life child that the story of Ariel Hernandez is likely inspired by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two main timelines presented in the narrative and how are they established?
2. Who is Dante's father? Where is he?
3. What do Lizet and the young Latina woman on the shuttle have in common in Chapter 3?
4. What academic support does Lizet begin taking advantage of at Rawlings in Chapter 12?
5. What does Lizet think of when driving past her childhood home in Chapter 18?
6. What does attending Rawlings mean to Lizet?
7. How do Lourdes and Leidy respond when Lizet asks about the sources of their stories in Chapter 7? Why?
8. For how long have Lizet and Omar been dating in Chapter 7? What are Lizet's feelings about their relationship?
9. What information does the reader learn of Lizet's education in Chapters 1 and 2?
10. How do Lourdes and Leidy react to seeing Lizet in Chapter 4?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)