|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jillian doing an internship in Chapter 35?
(a) New Haven.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
2. What did Lizet tell her Investigative Biology Lab instructor about the internship in Chapter 34?
(a) That she could not afford the fees for it.
(b) That she would be happy to accept it.
(c) That she would not be able to take it.
(d) That she was leaving school and would not attend.
3. Who was the woman at the rally that spoke to Lizet and her mother about the drunk drivers on New Year's Eve in Chapter 23?
4. Where in California is the internship that Dr. Kaufmann recommended to Lizet?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What color are Victor's eyes described as being?
6. How old does Lizet describe her mother as being in Chapter 23?
7. When did Lizet arrange to meet with Dr. Kaufmann after receving her email in Chapter 27?
(a) Friday at 3:00.
(b) Monday at 12:00.
(c) Tuesday at 2:00.
(d) Monday at 4:00.
8. Lizet says in Chapter 29 that she had come to think of Ethan as a grown-up version of whom?
9. How had Ethan changed when Lizet saw him after returnig to school in Chapter 34?
(a) He had cut his hair.
(b) He had been working out.
(c) He had lost weight.
(d) He had gained weight.
10. Who did Lizet believe had replaced her as her mother's new adopted daughter in Chapter 33?
(c) Anna Maria.
11. What was printed on the first of the banners that Lizet saw from the racist group protesting in Chapter 35?
(a) "Save a Life, Plant a Tree."
(b) "Go Back to Cuba."
(c) "1 Down, 800,000 to go!'
(d) "Speak English or Leave."
12. How much money did Lizet's father give to Dante for Christmas in Chapter 19?
13. During what years was Fidel Castro the President of Cuba?
14. What did Omar stop to buy at the liquor store on the way to the club in Chapter 22?
(a) Beer and whiskey.
(b) Bacardi and Sprite.
(d) Wine coolers.
15. How far from Lizet's mother's apartment did the uncle of Ariel Hernandez live?
(a) 6 blocks away.
(b) 4 blocks away.
(c) 1 block away.
(d) 2 blocks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Ariel Hernandez leave the U.S. in Chapter 35?
2. Who is Zoila's second husband?
3. What does "cálmate" translate to in English?
4. Who did Lizet's father call on the telephone after agreeing to let her spend the night in Chapter 30?
5. What was Lizet's Investigative Biology Laboratory class professor recognized as a leader in?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)