|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Leidy mock Lizet for using when she returned home in Chapter 4?
2. Who was Lizet's boyfriend beginning in high school?
3. What does "Noche Buena" refer to?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
4. How old was Lizet's father when he came to the U.S.?
5. What does "vecinos" translate to in English?
6. What kind of sandwiches does Lizet describe being introduced to at college in Chapter 7?
7. What is Lizet's father's name?
8. Who is Lizet's father's roommate?
9. When did Lizet say her flight was leaving when Leidy asked in Chapter 7?
10. Who is the receptionist that gave Lizet her papers as she left the hearing in Chapter 11?
11. Where did the woman on the bus just fly in from in Chapter 3?
(c) New Jersey.
12. For whom did Lizet work when she managed her first lab at the institute?
(a) An occupational health specialist.
(b) A high school teacher.
(c) A pharmaceutical developer.
(d) A parasitologist.
13. Where did Omar's car get stuck in mud the last time he and Lizet saw one another in Chapter 8?
(a) At a drive-in movie theater.
(b) On a golf course.
(c) At a cheap motel.
(d) At a Wal-Mart parking lot.
14. At what diner did Jillian spend her nights studying before due dates?
15. What was the tradition for the students at Lizet's college at midnight before the first scheduled exam?
(a) To call home.
(b) To drink a shot.
(c) To streak the campus.
(d) To shriek out a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Lizet describe Omar driving in Chapter 8?
2. How much money was Lizet's family initially expected to pay toward her college tuition?
3. Who is Lizet's sister?
4. What story did Lizet make up to tell her mother and sister after she arrived home in Chapter 4?
5. Who was the young woman who began crying next to Lizet at the diversity orientation in Chapter 9?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)