Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals the money that Bill Walker donated?
2. Barbara says the only way to earn forgiveness is to do what?
3. What does Mr. Undershaft state is his religion?
4. Who does Peter Shirley bet Bill Walker to fight?
5. Snobby Price lies about what action?
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
Essay Topic 2
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
Essay Topic 3
Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)