|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adolphus Cusins believe is responsible for providing for Barbara?
2. Mr. Undershaft believes honor, justice, truth, love and mercy are luxuries for which class?
3. Who does Mr. Undershaft favor as the successor of his empire?
4. Who does Bill Walker hit in the face?
5. How does Peter Shirley eat the food that Jenny Hill brings him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bernard Shaw wrote many other works, including plays and novels. Choose an area of his life that recurs as a theme in his works and write a synopsis of his beliefs on that theme.
Essay Topic 2
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
Essay Topic 3
Hypocritical moralities are a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw reflects hypocritical moralities and write about that usage.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)