|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara react to Mr. Undershaft's donation?
2. Why do Snobby Price and Rummy Mitchens lie to the Salvation Army?
3. What does Mr. Undershaft believe should control the masses?
4. Who does Bill Walker hit in the face?
5. What does Bill Walker do finally to ease his conscience?
Essay Topic 1
Shaw seems to be very critical of the Salvation Army. What is the basis for Shaw's criticism, and what were the widely held views of the Salvation Army in the early 1900s?
Essay Topic 2
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
Essay Topic 3
Shaw uses foreshadowing in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses foreshadowing and describe the intended message behind each.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)