|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Salvation Army is located in what city?
2. How does Barbara react to Mr. Undershaft's donation?
3. What is Todger Fairmile's relationship to Peter Shirley?
4. Lord Saxmundham agrees to donate $5000 on what condition?
5. Who does Mr. Undershaft favor as the successor of his empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Hypocritical moralities are a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw reflects hypocritical moralities and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 2Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
Essay Topic 3Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)