|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adolphus Cusins accuse Mr. Undershaft of?
2. Who does Peter Shirley bet Bill Walker to fight?
3. What does Bill Walker accuse Jenny Hill of doing?
4. Why does Bill Walker sympathize with Adolphus Cusins for marrying his fiance?
5. Who stands up to Bill Walker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Undershaft believes that significant historical change occurs only through violence. Compare Mr. Undershaft's view on violence to his view on crime. How are they similar or different?
Essay Topic 3
Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)