|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act 2 opens with a man and woman eating what sparse meal?
2. What does Mr. Undershaft say the poor pretend poverty to be?
3. How old is Peter Shirley?
4. How does Peter Shirley feel about being poor?
5. Todger Fairmile is famous for being what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Power is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What are the differing views of the power of money, the power of God and the power of weapons?
Essay Topic 3
Shaw seems to be very critical of the Salvation Army. What is the basis for Shaw's criticism, and what were the widely held views of the Salvation Army in the early 1900s?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)