|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter Shirley feel about being poor?
2. How did Snobby Price's mother treat him?
3. How does Barbara react to Mr. Undershaft's donation?
4. Mr. Undershaft believes honor, justice, truth, love and mercy are luxuries for which class?
5. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the request for his donation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
Essay Topic 2
Shaw seems to be very critical of the Salvation Army. What is the basis for Shaw's criticism, and what were the widely held views of the Salvation Army in the early 1900s?
Essay Topic 3
The Cannon Foundry and the Salvation Army are in stark contrast. Compare and contrast these 2 settings and how the "members" are treated.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)