|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara react to Mr. Undershaft's donation?
2. How old is Peter Shirley?
3. Why does Peter Shirley not want to eat the Salvation Army food?
4. Mr. Undershaft says no plan is crazy with enough what?
5. What does Bill Walker accuse Jenny Hill of doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The morality of manufacturing weapons is a theme in Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the opposing views on the morality of manufacturing weapons during the early 1900s to today's views of weapons.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Undershaft believes that significant historical change occurs only through violence. Compare Mr. Undershaft's view on violence to his view on crime. How are they similar or different?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)