|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Snobby Price and Rummy Mitchens lie to the Salvation Army?
2. Who says "I have been a common man and a poor man; and it has no romance for me."?
3. What does Mr. Undershaft promise Barbara to watch her do?
4. After accepting donations, the Salvationists leave for what event?
5. Who laughs at Barbara over Snobby Price's conversion being a farce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Major Barbara and Mr. Undershaft are two of the most influential characters in the play. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
The Cannon Foundry and the Salvation Army are in stark contrast. Compare and contrast these 2 settings and how the "members" are treated.
Essay Topic 3
The morality of manufacturing weapons is a theme in Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the opposing views on the morality of manufacturing weapons during the early 1900s to today's views of weapons.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)