|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act 2 opens with a man and woman eating what sparse meal?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the request for his donation?
3. Who steals the money that Bill Walker donated?
4. Mr. Undershaft says no plan is crazy with enough what?
5. How old is Peter Shirley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is used throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses irony and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 2
Lady Britomart and Stephen are two significant characters with a relationship that changes throughout the play. What are the changes that take place in their relationship? Are they changes of positive or negative growth?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)