|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter Shirley think he lost his job?
2. Who laughs at Barbara over Snobby Price's conversion being a farce?
3. How does Barbara react to Mr. Undershaft's donation?
4. What does Mr. Undershaft say the poor pretend poverty to be?
5. Why does Bill Walker sympathize with Adolphus Cusins for marrying his fiance?
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
Essay Topic 3
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)