|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Undershaft promise he will get Barbara to do?
2. How does Adolphus Cusins feel about Mr. Undershaft's attitudes toward religion?
3. What does Mr. Undershaft say a cowardice preaches?
4. Act 2 opens with a man and woman eating what sparse meal?
5. Why does Peter Shirley not want to eat the Salvation Army food?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
Essay Topic 2
Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty is the primary cause of crime. Describe how Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty causes crime, and explain why.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)