|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara react to Lord Saxmundham's donation?
2. After accepting donations, the Salvationists leave for what event?
3. What two things does Mr. Undershaft believe are necessary for salvation?
4. The Salvation Army is located in what city?
5. Who is the new boyfriend of Bill Walker's previous girlfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is used throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses irony and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 3
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)