|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter Shirley not want to eat the Salvation Army food?
2. How does Barbara react to Bill Walker's donation?
3. What business does Lord Saxmundham own?
4. Who stands up to Bill Walker?
5. What does Mr. Undershaft promise Barbara to watch her do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shaw seems to be very critical of the Salvation Army. What is the basis for Shaw's criticism, and what were the widely held views of the Salvation Army in the early 1900s?
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)