|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Undershaft says no plan is crazy with enough what?
2. How does Peter Shirley feel about being poor?
3. What business does Lord Saxmundham own?
4. Todger Fairmile is famous for being what?
5. What is Todger Fairmile's relationship to Peter Shirley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
Essay Topic 2
Lady Britomart and Stephen are two significant characters with a relationship that changes throughout the play. What are the changes that take place in their relationship? Are they changes of positive or negative growth?
Essay Topic 3
Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)