|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Snobby Price and Rummy Mitchens lie to the Salvation Army?
2. Who says "I have been a common man and a poor man; and it has no romance for me."?
3. What is Snobby Price's occupation?
4. Barbara says the only way to earn forgiveness is to do what?
5. Who steals the money that Bill Walker donated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shaw uses foreshadowing in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses foreshadowing and describe the intended message behind each.
Essay Topic 2
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
Essay Topic 3
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)