|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Snobby Price's occupation?
2. After accepting donations, the Salvationists leave for what event?
3. What does Mr. Undershaft believe should control the masses?
4. Who does Bill Walker hit in the face?
5. What does Todger Fairmile do when confronted by Bill Walker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
Essay Topic 2
Poverty in Britain is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What were the conditions of poverty in the early 1900s, and how do they compare to Shaw's representation?
Essay Topic 3
The Cannon Foundry and the Salvation Army are in stark contrast. Compare and contrast these 2 settings and how the "members" are treated.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)