|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Undershaft believes honor, justice, truth, love and mercy are a direct result of what?
2. Lord Saxmundham agrees to donate $5000 on what condition?
3. What does Mr. Undershaft accuse Adolphus Cusins of?
4. Adolphus Cusins believes Mr. Undershaft will have to choose between which two things?
5. What instrument does Adolphus Cusins arrive with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is used throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses irony and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 3
Major Barbara and Mr. Undershaft are two of the most influential characters in the play. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)