|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act 2 takes place is what location?
2. Who stands up to Bill Walker?
3. Why do Snobby Price and Rummy Mitchens lie to the Salvation Army?
4. Who does Mr. Undershaft favor as the successor of his empire?
5. How does Peter Shirley feel about being poor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Cannon Foundry and the Salvation Army are in stark contrast. Compare and contrast these 2 settings and how the "members" are treated.
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Shaw uses foreshadowing in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses foreshadowing and describe the intended message behind each.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)