|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Undershaft favor as the successor of his empire?
2. What does Mr. Undershaft say a cowardice preaches?
3. What does Bill Walker accuse Jenny Hill of doing?
4. Lord Saxmundham agrees to donate $5000 on what condition?
5. What does Mr. Undershaft state is his religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
Essay Topic 2
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
Essay Topic 3
The morality of manufacturing weapons is a theme in Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the opposing views on the morality of manufacturing weapons during the early 1900s to today's views of weapons.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)