|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business does Lord Saxmundham own?
2. What is Todger Fairmile's relationship to Peter Shirley?
3. What does Mr. Undershaft believe should control the masses?
4. How does Mr. Undershaft tell Adolphus Cusins they must win Barbara's love?
5. What does Mr. Undershaft state is his religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Cannon Foundry and the Salvation Army are in stark contrast. Compare and contrast these 2 settings and how the "members" are treated.
Essay Topic 2
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
Essay Topic 3
Bernard Shaw wrote many other works, including plays and novels. Choose an area of his life that recurs as a theme in his works and write a synopsis of his beliefs on that theme.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)