|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Todger Fairmile fight Bill Walker?
2. Snobby Price lies about what action?
3. Why does Peter Shirley think he lost his job?
4. How does Barbara react to Bill Walker's donation?
5. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the request for his donation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shaw uses foreshadowing in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses foreshadowing and describe the intended message behind each.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Undershaft believes that significant historical change occurs only through violence. Compare Mr. Undershaft's view on violence to his view on crime. How are they similar or different?
Essay Topic 3
Poverty in Britain is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What were the conditions of poverty in the early 1900s, and how do they compare to Shaw's representation?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)