Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals the money that Bill Walker donated?
2. Barbara says the only way to earn forgiveness is to do what?
3. What does Mr. Undershaft state is his religion?
4. Who does Peter Shirley bet Bill Walker to fight?
5. Snobby Price lies about what action?
Essay Topic 1
Shaw uses foreshadowing in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses foreshadowing and describe the intended message behind each.
Essay Topic 2
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
Essay Topic 3
Shaw seems to be very critical of the Salvation Army. What is the basis for Shaw's criticism, and what were the widely held views of the Salvation Army in the early 1900s?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)