|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara react to Mr. Undershaft's donation?
2. What two things does Mr. Undershaft believe are necessary for salvation?
3. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the request for his donation?
4. Who does Mrs. Baines ask to match Lord Saxmundham's donation?
5. The Salvation Army is located in what city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Poverty in Britain is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What were the conditions of poverty in the early 1900s, and how do they compare to Shaw's representation?
Essay Topic 2
Religion is a major theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain their religious viewpoints. What were Shaw's personal religious beliefs, and how did they influence his writings?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)