|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
2. Who questions the morality of Mr. Undershaft's business?
3. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
4. What does Lady Britomart believe to be Mr. Undershaft's intentions?
5. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Stephen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Britomart feel about Stephen?
2. How does the group feel about the foundry once they have seen it?
3. How does Lady Britomart's family treat her opinion of not discussing religion?
4. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to Barbara's question of goodness and justification at the foundry?
5. What are the reasons Lady Britomart has invited Mr. Undershaft over?
6. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
7. Describe Mr. Undershaft's views of his foundry.
8. Describe Barbara's work and lifestyle.
9. What are the primary activities that take place at the Salvation Army?
10. Describe Peter Shirley.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shaw uses foreshadowing in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses foreshadowing and describe the intended message behind each.
Essay Topic 2
Bernard Shaw wrote many other works, including plays and novels. Choose an area of his life that recurs as a theme in his works and write a synopsis of his beliefs on that theme.
Essay Topic 3
Major Barbara and Mr. Undershaft are two of the most influential characters in the play. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)