|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Britomart wish for her son?
2. Mr. Undershaft is what type of son?
3. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
4. Act 1 begins in which room of the house?
5. Why is Barbara pleased that her father is coming to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Britomart feel after hearing Mr. Undershaft's views on his foundry?
2. How does Peter Shirley react to the offer of food?
3. Describe Rummy Mitchens.
4. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
5. Describe Peter Shirley.
6. What does Mr. Undershaft believe about the poor and wealthy classes?
7. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the disclosure made by Adolphus Cusins?
8. Why does Barbara resign from the Salvation Army?
9. Why did Snobby Price lie to the Salvation Army?
10. What does Adolphus Cusins disclose upon seeing the foundry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty is the primary cause of crime. Describe how Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty causes crime, and explain why.
Essay Topic 2
The Cannon Foundry and the Salvation Army are in stark contrast. Compare and contrast these 2 settings and how the "members" are treated.
Essay Topic 3
Poverty in Britain is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What were the conditions of poverty in the early 1900s, and how do they compare to Shaw's representation?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)