|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to the question of morality of his work?
2. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Barbara?
3. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
4. Who is Lady Britomart's oldest daughter?
5. Barbara lives on how much money per week?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mr. Undershaft's ideas about Stephen's career?
2. What is Barbara's fiance's financial situation?
3. How open is Lady Britomart with her daughters about their financial situation?
4. How does Lady Britomart feel after hearing Mr. Undershaft's views on his foundry?
5. Describe Snobby Price.
6. How does Lady Britomart feel about Stephen?
7. Describe Sarah's fiance's financial situation.
8. How did Jenny Hill help Bill Walker's girlfriend?
9. Describe the cannon foundry and how it has been handed down in the Undershaft family.
10. How familiar is Mr. Undershaft with his children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shaw seems to be very critical of the Salvation Army. What is the basis for Shaw's criticism, and what were the widely held views of the Salvation Army in the early 1900s?
Essay Topic 2
Forgiveness is a topic of discussion in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of forgiveness being given or withheld, and describe the effects on all characters. What are the benefits of forgiveness to both parties?
Essay Topic 3
Shaw uses foreshadowing in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses foreshadowing and describe the intended message behind each.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)