|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By which person is Mr. Undershaft most intrigued?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to the question of morality of his work?
3. Who is Sarah's fiance?
4. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
5. What types of people does Stephen believe exist in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the results of the Salvation Army march?
2. What are Mr. Undershaft's ideas about Stephen's career?
3. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
4. What are the primary activities that take place at the Salvation Army?
5. Describe Peter Shirley.
6. What is Adolphus Cusins' reason for arriving late?
7. How did Jenny Hill help Bill Walker's girlfriend?
8. How does Stephen handle Lady Britomart when she objects to his political career choice?
9. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
10. Why is Bill Walker upset when he arrives?
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty is the primary cause of crime. Describe how Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty causes crime, and explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Major Barbara and Mr. Undershaft are two of the most influential characters in the play. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Lady Britomart and Stephen are two significant characters with a relationship that changes throughout the play. What are the changes that take place in their relationship? Are they changes of positive or negative growth?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)