Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
2. Charles Lomax goes by what nickname?
3. In what social class do the Undershaft's move?
4. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Barbara?
5. In what city does Lady Britomart live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Walker get the last laugh on Barbara?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
3. What does Adolphus Cusins disclose upon seeing the foundry?
4. How does Mr. Undershaft react to Stephen standing up to Lady Britomart?
5. How does Lady Britomart's family treat her opinion of not discussing religion?
6. How does Barbara treat Bill Walker?
7. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to Barbara's question of goodness and justification at the foundry?
8. What is Barbara's fiance's financial situation?
9. What are Barbara and Adolphus Cusins' final decisions?
10. How does Mr. Undershaft show interest in Barbara's work?
Essay Topic 1
Poverty in Britain is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What were the conditions of poverty in the early 1900s, and how do they compare to Shaw's representation?
Essay Topic 2
Bernard Shaw wrote many other works, including plays and novels. Choose an area of his life that recurs as a theme in his works and write a synopsis of his beliefs on that theme.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)