|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stephen's reaction when he is left in the library?
2. In the Salvation Army, how does Barbara have the opportunity to help all people?
3. Who questions the morality of Mr. Undershaft's business?
4. How old is Stephen?
5. Adolphus Cusins goes by what nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rummy Mitchens.
2. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
3. How does Stephen handle Lady Britomart when she objects to his political career choice?
4. What were the results of the Salvation Army march?
5. What are Mr. Undershaft's ideas about finding an inheritor for the foundry?
6. Describe Peter Shirley.
7. Why did Snobby Price lie to the Salvation Army?
8. How does Adolphus Cusins view Mr. Undershaft?
9. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the disclosure made by Adolphus Cusins?
10. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hypocritical moralities are a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw reflects hypocritical moralities and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 2
Lady Britomart and Stephen are two significant characters with a relationship that changes throughout the play. What are the changes that take place in their relationship? Are they changes of positive or negative growth?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty is the primary cause of crime. Describe how Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty causes crime, and explain why.
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)