|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Undershaft first mistake for his son?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to the question of morality of his work?
3. Who does Mr. Undershaft mistake for his son after his first mistake?
4. What is Barbara's primary job at the Salvation Army?
5. How old is Stephen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Undershaft show interest in Barbara's work?
2. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
3. What are Mr. Undershaft's ideas about Stephen's career?
4. How does Peter Shirley react to the offer of food?
5. How familiar is Mr. Undershaft with his children?
6. How do Stephen and Mr. Undershaft feel about each other?
7. Describe Snobby Price.
8. What are Mr. Undershaft's views on religion?
9. What are the decided travel arrangements to the foundry?
10. How does Peter Shirley react to Bill Walker's anger?
Essay Topic 1
Bernard Shaw wrote many other works, including plays and novels. Choose an area of his life that recurs as a theme in his works and write a synopsis of his beliefs on that theme.
Essay Topic 2
Major Barbara and Mr. Undershaft are two of the most influential characters in the play. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft believes that significant historical change occurs only through violence. Compare Mr. Undershaft's view on violence to his view on crime. How are they similar or different?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)