|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Britomart believes which topic is not fit for discussion?
2. What does Lady Britomart believe to be Mr. Undershaft's intentions?
3. What topic does Lady Britomart wish to discuss with her son, Stephen?
4. Where does everyone go to avoid praying with Lady Britomart?
5. Adolphus Cusins goes by what nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Britomart feel about how she is treated by the group?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the disclosure made by Adolphus Cusins?
3. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
4. Describe the cannon foundry and how it has been handed down in the Undershaft family.
5. How open is Lady Britomart with her daughters about their financial situation?
6. What is the social status of the Undershaft family?
7. Why does Mr. Undershaft show preference to Barbara?
8. How does Peter Shirley react to the offer of food?
9. How does Peter Shirley react to Bill Walker's anger?
10. What does Mr. Undershaft believe about right and wrong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Cannon Foundry and the Salvation Army are in stark contrast. Compare and contrast these 2 settings and how the "members" are treated.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
Essay Topic 3
Major Barbara and Mr. Undershaft are two of the most influential characters in the play. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)