|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lady Britomart?
2. Lady Britomart believes which topic is not fit for discussion?
3. By which person is Mr. Undershaft most intrigued?
4. What is Barbara's primary job at the Salvation Army?
5. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cannon foundry and how it has been handed down in the Undershaft family.
2. What are Stephen's ideas about his career?
3. Why is Bill Walker upset when he arrives?
4. How familiar is Mr. Undershaft with his children?
5. What are Mr. Undershaft's views on religion?
6. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
7. How does Peter Shirley react to Bill Walker's anger?
8. What is the social status of the Undershaft family?
9. What are Mr. Undershaft's views on government versus business?
10. What does Mr. Undershaft believe about right and wrong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
Essay Topic 2
Bernard Shaw wrote many other works, including plays and novels. Choose an area of his life that recurs as a theme in his works and write a synopsis of his beliefs on that theme.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft believes that significant historical change occurs only through violence. Compare Mr. Undershaft's view on violence to his view on crime. How are they similar or different?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)