|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Sarah and Charles Lomax?
2. What topic does Lady Britomart wish to discuss with her son, Stephen?
3. What is Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft's current relationship?
4. Who is Lady Britomart's youngest daughter?
5. Who questions the morality of Mr. Undershaft's business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Britomart feel about Stephen?
2. What are Barbara and Adolphus Cusins' final decisions?
3. What are the lies that Snobby Price told the Salvation Army?
4. What is the social status of the Undershaft family?
5. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
6. What does Mr. Undershaft believe about right and wrong?
7. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
8. Describe Mr. Undershaft's views of his foundry.
9. How does Mr. Undershaft react to Stephen standing up to Lady Britomart?
10. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
Essay Topic 2
Bernard Shaw wrote many other works, including plays and novels. Choose an area of his life that recurs as a theme in his works and write a synopsis of his beliefs on that theme.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)