|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
2. What types of people does Barbara believe exist in the world?
3. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
4. Who does Lady Britomart ask for advice on the problem of family finances?
5. What is Stephen's reaction when he is left in the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How open is Lady Britomart with her daughters about their financial situation?
2. What is the social status of the Undershaft family?
3. Why is Bill Walker upset when he arrives?
4. How does Lady Britomart feel after hearing Mr. Undershaft's views on his foundry?
5. How does Stephen handle Lady Britomart when she objects to his political career choice?
6. Why is Barbara still upset with Mr. Undershaft?
7. What types of money does Barbara refuse to accept?
8. What does Mr. Undershaft believe about the poor and wealthy classes?
9. How do Stephen and Mr. Undershaft feel about each other?
10. How does Mr. Undershaft view Adolphus Cusins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The morality of manufacturing weapons is a theme in Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the opposing views on the morality of manufacturing weapons during the early 1900s to today's views of weapons.
Essay Topic 2
Hypocritical moralities are a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw reflects hypocritical moralities and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 3
The Cannon Foundry and the Salvation Army are in stark contrast. Compare and contrast these 2 settings and how the "members" are treated.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)