|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Sarah and Barbara?
2. In the Salvation Army, how does Barbara have the opportunity to help all people?
3. How is Lady Britomart currently supported?
4. Who is left in the library at the end of Act 1?
5. Who is Lady Britomart's youngest daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Undershaft's views of his foundry.
2. What does Adolphus Cusins disclose upon seeing the foundry?
3. How does Mr. Undershaft view Adolphus Cusins?
4. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
5. Describe Sarah's fiance's financial situation.
6. What is the difference between Stephen and Barbara's views of people in the world?
7. What types of money does Barbara refuse to accept?
8. What are Mr. Undershaft's views on religion?
9. How does Lady Britomart's family treat her opinion of not discussing religion?
10. How does Adolphus Cusins view Mr. Undershaft?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Major Barbara and Mr. Undershaft are two of the most influential characters in the play. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Poverty in Britain is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What were the conditions of poverty in the early 1900s, and how do they compare to Shaw's representation?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)