|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Undershaft became wealthy through which means?
2. Who is Lady Britomart's youngest daughter?
3. What is the relationship of Sarah and Stephen?
4. What is Stephen's reaction when he is left in the library?
5. How old is Lady Britomart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Britomart feel about the topic of religion?
2. What are Stephen's ideas about his career?
3. How familiar is Mr. Undershaft with his children?
4. How does Peter Shirley react to Bill Walker's anger?
5. What types of money does Barbara refuse to accept?
6. How does Mr. Undershaft react to Stephen standing up to Lady Britomart?
7. Describe Lady Britomart's family.
8. Describe Mr. Undershaft's views of his foundry.
9. What are the reasons Lady Britomart has invited Mr. Undershaft over?
10. How does Mr. Undershaft view Adolphus Cusins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
Essay Topic 3
Irony is used throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses irony and write about that usage.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)