|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Undershaft mistake for his son after his first mistake?
2. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
3. Who does Mr. Undershaft first mistake for his son?
4. Mr. Undershaft agrees to visit the Salvation Army under which condition?
5. Who is Barbara's fiance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lady Britomart's family.
2. What are Mr. Undershaft's views on government versus business?
3. What types of money does Barbara refuse to accept?
4. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
5. How do Stephen and Mr. Undershaft feel about each other?
6. What are Barbara and Adolphus Cusins' final decisions?
7. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
8. How does Peter Shirley react to Bill Walker's anger?
9. Describe Mr. Undershaft's views of his foundry.
10. What is the difference between Stephen and Barbara's views of people in the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What are the differing views of the power of money, the power of God and the power of weapons?
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Undershaft believes that significant historical change occurs only through violence. Compare Mr. Undershaft's view on violence to his view on crime. How are they similar or different?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)