|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Barbara's fiance?
2. Mr. Undershaft is what type of son?
3. What does Lady Britomart wish for her son?
4. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
5. For which person does Mr. Undershaft show disdain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of money does Barbara refuse to accept?
2. What does Mr. Undershaft believe about right and wrong?
3. Why did Snobby Price lie to the Salvation Army?
4. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the disclosure made by Adolphus Cusins?
5. What are the decided travel arrangements to the foundry?
6. What are the reasons Lady Britomart has invited Mr. Undershaft over?
7. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
8. Why does Mr. Undershaft show preference to Barbara?
9. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
10. What is Barbara's fiance's financial situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hypocritical moralities are a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw reflects hypocritical moralities and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 2
Bernard Shaw wrote many other works, including plays and novels. Choose an area of his life that recurs as a theme in his works and write a synopsis of his beliefs on that theme.
Essay Topic 3
Lady Britomart and Stephen are two significant characters with a relationship that changes throughout the play. What are the changes that take place in their relationship? Are they changes of positive or negative growth?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)