|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
2. Mr. Undershaft's business has been in the family for how long?
3. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
4. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
5. What is the relationship of Barbara and Adolphus Cusins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bill Walker upset when he arrives?
2. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
3. What is Adolphus Cusins' reason for arriving late?
4. How does Lady Britomart feel about how she is treated by the group?
5. How does Barbara treat Bill Walker?
6. Describe Sarah's fiance's financial situation.
7. What is the difference between Stephen and Barbara's views of people in the world?
8. Why does Barbara resign from the Salvation Army?
9. What are the lies that Snobby Price told the Salvation Army?
10. What are the decided travel arrangements to the foundry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lady Britomart and Stephen are two significant characters with a relationship that changes throughout the play. What are the changes that take place in their relationship? Are they changes of positive or negative growth?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty is the primary cause of crime. Describe how Mr. Undershaft believes that poverty causes crime, and explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Shaw seems to be very critical of the Salvation Army. What is the basis for Shaw's criticism, and what were the widely held views of the Salvation Army in the early 1900s?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)