Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
2. Charles Lomax goes by what nickname?
3. In what social class do the Undershaft's move?
4. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Barbara?
5. In what city does Lady Britomart live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Walker get the last laugh on Barbara?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
3. What does Adolphus Cusins disclose upon seeing the foundry?
4. How does Mr. Undershaft react to Stephen standing up to Lady Britomart?
5. How does Lady Britomart's family treat her opinion of not discussing religion?
6. How does Barbara treat Bill Walker?
7. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to Barbara's question of goodness and justification at the foundry?
8. What is Barbara's fiance's financial situation?
9. What are Barbara and Adolphus Cusins' final decisions?
10. How does Mr. Undershaft show interest in Barbara's work?
Hypocritical moralities are a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw reflects hypocritical moralities and write about that usage.
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Power is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What are the differing views of the power of money, the power of God and the power of weapons?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)