|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barbara's primary job at the Salvation Army?
2. What is the relationship of Barbara and Stephen?
3. What is the relationship of Sarah and Stephen?
4. Who questions the morality of Mr. Undershaft's business?
5. How old is Lady Britomart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Barbara still upset with Mr. Undershaft?
2. What are the decided travel arrangements to the foundry?
3. How open is Lady Britomart with her daughters about their financial situation?
4. Describe Snobby Price.
5. What types of money does Barbara refuse to accept?
6. How do Stephen and Mr. Undershaft feel about each other?
7. How did Jenny Hill help Bill Walker's girlfriend?
8. Describe Peter Shirley.
9. Why is Bill Walker upset when he arrives?
10. How does Mr. Undershaft react to Stephen standing up to Lady Britomart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is used throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses irony and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 2
Forgiveness is a topic of discussion in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of forgiveness being given or withheld, and describe the effects on all characters. What are the benefits of forgiveness to both parties?
Essay Topic 3
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)