|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ushers Mr. Undershaft into the home?
2. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
3. Mr. Undershaft is what type of son?
4. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
5. What topic does Lady Britomart wish to discuss with her son, Stephen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the disclosure made by Adolphus Cusins?
2. How does the group feel about the foundry once they have seen it?
3. Describe Mr. Undershaft's views of his foundry.
4. What are the primary activities that take place at the Salvation Army?
5. How does Peter Shirley react to the offer of food?
6. Why is Barbara still upset with Mr. Undershaft?
7. What are the decided travel arrangements to the foundry?
8. Describe Peter Shirley.
9. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
10. How does Mr. Undershaft show interest in Barbara's work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is used throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses irony and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 2
Religion is a major theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain their religious viewpoints. What were Shaw's personal religious beliefs, and how did they influence his writings?
Essay Topic 3
Power is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What are the differing views of the power of money, the power of God and the power of weapons?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)