|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character introduced in Act 1?
2. Who does Mr. Undershaft first mistake for his son?
3. Who does Mr. Undershaft mistake for his son after his first mistake?
4. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Stephen?
5. How many sisters does Stephen have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Undershaft react to Stephen standing up to Lady Britomart?
2. Describe Rummy Mitchens.
3. Why does Mr. Undershaft show preference to Barbara?
4. How does Stephen handle Lady Britomart when she objects to his political career choice?
5. How does Adolphus Cusins view Mr. Undershaft?
6. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the disclosure made by Adolphus Cusins?
7. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
8. What does Adolphus Cusins disclose upon seeing the foundry?
9. What does Mr. Undershaft believe about right and wrong?
10. What are Barbara and Adolphus Cusins' final decisions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
Essay Topic 2
Shaw uses foreshadowing in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses foreshadowing and describe the intended message behind each.
Essay Topic 3
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)