|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Barbara and Stephen?
2. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
3. Mr. Undershaft agrees to visit the Salvation Army under which condition?
4. The Undershaft family business is only passed down to which family members?
5. What is Stephen's reaction when he is left in the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Barbara's work and lifestyle.
2. How did Jenny Hill help Bill Walker's girlfriend?
3. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
4. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
5. How does Lady Britomart feel after hearing Mr. Undershaft's views on his foundry?
6. Describe the cannon foundry and how it has been handed down in the Undershaft family.
7. How have Barbara's views of power changed after seeing the foundry?
8. How does Mr. Undershaft feel about the morality of his business?
9. How open is Lady Britomart with her daughters about their financial situation?
10. What are Mr. Undershaft's views on religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Forgiveness is a topic of discussion in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of forgiveness being given or withheld, and describe the effects on all characters. What are the benefits of forgiveness to both parties?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)