|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
2. In what social class do the Undershaft's move?
3. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Stephen?
4. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
5. Who is Sarah's fiance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Barbara treat Bill Walker?
2. How do Stephen and Mr. Undershaft feel about each other?
3. What are Mr. Undershaft's ideas about Stephen's career?
4. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
5. What are the decided travel arrangements to the foundry?
6. Describe Rummy Mitchens.
7. How does Lady Britomart feel about Stephen?
8. Describe Mr. Undershaft's views of his foundry.
9. How does Mr. Undershaft show interest in Barbara's work?
10. Why is Bill Walker upset when he arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Forgiveness is a topic of discussion in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of forgiveness being given or withheld, and describe the effects on all characters. What are the benefits of forgiveness to both parties?
Essay Topic 2
The character of Major Barbara goes through the most significant changes throughout the play. Describe those significant changes and the events that lead to her changes.
Essay Topic 3
Bernard Shaw wrote many other works, including plays and novels. Choose an area of his life that recurs as a theme in his works and write a synopsis of his beliefs on that theme.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)