|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Sarah and Charles Lomax?
2. Mr. Undershaft's business has been in the family for how long?
3. In what city does Lady Britomart live?
4. In the Salvation Army, how does Barbara have the opportunity to help all people?
5. Adolphus Cusins goes by what nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft feel about the morality of his business?
3. Describe Rummy Mitchens.
4. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
5. What does Adolphus Cusins disclose upon seeing the foundry?
6. What were the results of the Salvation Army march?
7. How have Barbara's views of power changed after seeing the foundry?
8. How does the group feel about the foundry once they have seen it?
9. How familiar is Mr. Undershaft with his children?
10. What are the reasons Lady Britomart has invited Mr. Undershaft over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lady Britomart and Stephen are two significant characters with a relationship that changes throughout the play. What are the changes that take place in their relationship? Are they changes of positive or negative growth?
Essay Topic 2
Major Barbara is a discussion play rather than an action play. Compare and contrast the 2 writing styles and the effectiveness of the messages.
Essay Topic 3
Hypocritical moralities are a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw reflects hypocritical moralities and write about that usage.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)