Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
2. Charles Lomax goes by what nickname?
3. In what social class do the Undershaft's move?
4. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Barbara?
5. In what city does Lady Britomart live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Walker get the last laugh on Barbara?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
3. What does Adolphus Cusins disclose upon seeing the foundry?
4. How does Mr. Undershaft react to Stephen standing up to Lady Britomart?
5. How does Lady Britomart's family treat her opinion of not discussing religion?
6. How does Barbara treat Bill Walker?
7. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to Barbara's question of goodness and justification at the foundry?
8. What is Barbara's fiance's financial situation?
9. What are Barbara and Adolphus Cusins' final decisions?
10. How does Mr. Undershaft show interest in Barbara's work?
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
Hypocritical moralities are a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw reflects hypocritical moralities and write about that usage.
Major Barbara and Mr. Undershaft are two of the most influential characters in the play. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)