|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
2. Charles Lomax goes by what nickname?
3. In what social class do the Undershaft's move?
4. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Barbara?
5. In what city does Lady Britomart live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Walker get the last laugh on Barbara?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
3. What does Adolphus Cusins disclose upon seeing the foundry?
4. How does Mr. Undershaft react to Stephen standing up to Lady Britomart?
5. How does Lady Britomart's family treat her opinion of not discussing religion?
6. How does Barbara treat Bill Walker?
7. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to Barbara's question of goodness and justification at the foundry?
8. What is Barbara's fiance's financial situation?
9. What are Barbara and Adolphus Cusins' final decisions?
10. How does Mr. Undershaft show interest in Barbara's work?
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Religion is a major theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain their religious viewpoints. What were Shaw's personal religious beliefs, and how did they influence his writings?
Essay Topic 3
Class & social standing are themes throughout Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the high society characters in the play and the lower class society characters. What social class was Bernard Shaw a member of, and how did this influence his writings?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)