|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Britomart's oldest daughter?
2. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
3. Who does Lady Britomart ask for advice on the problem of family finances?
4. How long has it been since Mr. Undershaft has seen his children?
5. Where does everyone go to avoid praying with Lady Britomart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Stephen and Barbara's views of people in the world?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft react to Stephen standing up to Lady Britomart?
3. How does Peter Shirley react to the offer of food?
4. Describe Rummy Mitchens.
5. Describe Mr. Undershaft's views of his foundry.
6. Why is Bill Walker upset when he arrives?
7. How does Lady Britomart's family treat her opinion of not discussing religion?
8. How does Mr. Undershaft feel about the morality of his business?
9. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the disclosure made by Adolphus Cusins?
10. How does Lady Britomart feel about the topic of religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What are the differing views of the power of money, the power of God and the power of weapons?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is used throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses irony and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 3
The morality of manufacturing weapons is a theme in Major Barbara. Compare and contrast the opposing views on the morality of manufacturing weapons during the early 1900s to today's views of weapons.
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)