|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of people does Stephen believe exist in the world?
2. What types of people does Barbara believe exist in the world?
3. Who does Lady Britomart ask for advice on the problem of family finances?
4. In what city does Lady Britomart live?
5. For which person does Mr. Undershaft show disdain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the primary activities that take place at the Salvation Army?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft view Adolphus Cusins?
3. Describe Snobby Price.
4. Why does Mr. Undershaft show preference to Barbara?
5. How does Peter Shirley react to the offer of food?
6. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
7. Why are Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separated?
8. What is Barbara's fiance's financial situation?
9. How did Jenny Hill help Bill Walker's girlfriend?
10. What does Adolphus Cusins disclose upon seeing the foundry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a theme throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 characters and explain why they are good, evil, or a mixture, and provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Lady Britomart and Stephen are two significant characters with a relationship that changes throughout the play. What are the changes that take place in their relationship? Are they changes of positive or negative growth?
Essay Topic 3
Poverty in Britain is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What were the conditions of poverty in the early 1900s, and how do they compare to Shaw's representation?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)