|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Barbara and Stephen?
2. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
3. What types of people does Stephen believe exist in the world?
4. Mr. Undershaft is what type of son?
5. What does Lady Britomart believe to be Mr. Undershaft's intentions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How familiar is Mr. Undershaft with his children?
2. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to Barbara's question of goodness and justification at the foundry?
3. What are the lies that Snobby Price told the Salvation Army?
4. How does Barbara treat Bill Walker?
5. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
6. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the disclosure made by Adolphus Cusins?
7. How does Lady Britomart feel about Stephen?
8. How does Adolphus Cusins view Mr. Undershaft?
9. How does Lady Britomart feel about how she is treated by the group?
10. What are Stephen's ideas about his career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is used throughout Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of how Shaw uses irony and write about that usage.
Essay Topic 2
Forgiveness is a topic of discussion in Major Barbara. Choose 3 examples of forgiveness being given or withheld, and describe the effects on all characters. What are the benefits of forgiveness to both parties?
Essay Topic 3
Lady Britomart and Stephen are two significant characters with a relationship that changes throughout the play. What are the changes that take place in their relationship? Are they changes of positive or negative growth?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)