|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
2. Who is Sarah's fiance?
3. Mr. Undershaft's business has been in the family for how long?
4. For which person does Mr. Undershaft show disdain?
5. What is the relationship of Sarah and Stephen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
2. What are the primary activities that take place at the Salvation Army?
3. Why does Barbara resign from the Salvation Army?
4. Describe Barbara's work and lifestyle.
5. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
6. What are Mr. Undershaft's ideas about Stephen's career?
7. What are Stephen's ideas about his career?
8. How does Mr. Undershaft describe his view of the Salvation Army?
9. How do Stephen and Mr. Undershaft feel about each other?
10. How does Lady Britomart's family treat her opinion of not discussing religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Undershaft has a skewed sense of the value of family. Compare and contrast his views in Major Barbara to Shaw's values of family.
Essay Topic 2
Power is a theme that we see in Major Barbara. What are the differing views of the power of money, the power of God and the power of weapons?
Essay Topic 3
Major Barbara and Mr. Undershaft are two of the most influential characters in the play. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)