|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
(a) His family is poor.
(b) He will not receive his inheritance until he is 35.
(c) He was disinherited by his family.
(d) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
2. Who is the first character introduced in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Undershaft.
(c) Lady Britomart.
3. How does Lady Britomart expect her daughters to behave in front of Mr. Undershaft?
(a) By being on their best behavior.
4. What does Lady Britomart wish for her son?
(a) To live with his father.
(b) To get married.
(c) To take on more family responsibility.
(d) To get a job.
5. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Barbara?
(a) Aunt and niece.
(c) Mother and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Britomart has asked Mr. Undershaft over to discuss which topic?
2. How old is Stephen?
3. Why is Barbara pleased that her father is coming to visit?
4. In the Salvation Army, how does Barbara have the opportunity to help all people?
5. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reasons Lady Britomart has invited Mr. Undershaft over?
2. Why is Barbara still upset with Mr. Undershaft?
3. How open is Lady Britomart with her daughters about their financial situation?
4. How does Stephen handle Lady Britomart when she objects to his political career choice?
5. Why did Snobby Price lie to the Salvation Army?
6. How does Lady Britomart feel after hearing Mr. Undershaft's views on his foundry?
7. What types of money does Barbara refuse to accept?
8. What are Stephen's ideas about his career?
9. What is the difference between Stephen and Barbara's views of people in the world?
10. What are the lies that Snobby Price told the Salvation Army?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)