|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ushers Mr. Undershaft into the home?
(a) Lady Britomart.
(b) Charles Lomax.
(c) The butler.
2. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
(a) He was disinherited by his family.
(b) His family is poor.
(c) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
(d) He will not receive his inheritance until he is 35.
3. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Stephen?
(a) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
4. By which person is Mr. Undershaft most intrigued?
(d) Charles Lomax.
5. The Undershaft family business is only passed down to which family members?
(a) Eldest female heir.
(b) Eldest male heir.
(c) Foundlings (children born out of wedlock).
(d) Youngest male heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Barbara's fiance?
2. Mr. Undershaft's business has been in the family for how long?
3. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
4. How old is Stephen?
5. Who is Sarah's fiance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
2. Why is Bill Walker upset when he arrives?
3. Describe Peter Shirley.
4. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to Barbara's question of goodness and justification at the foundry?
5. Describe Barbara's work and lifestyle.
6. What are Stephen's ideas about his career?
7. Describe Sarah's fiance's financial situation.
8. How does Bill Walker get the last laugh on Barbara?
9. How does Lady Britomart feel after hearing Mr. Undershaft's views on his foundry?
10. How does Barbara treat Bill Walker?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)