|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of people does Barbara believe exist in the world?
(a) Only good men.
(b) Children of one Father.
(c) Only scoundrels.
(d) Good men and scoundrels.
2. Who is left in the library at the end of Act 1?
(b) Mr. Undershaft.
(d) Lady Britomart.
3. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to the question of morality of his work?
(a) He is a good man.
(b) He has no qualms about his work.
(c) He worries about this question.
(d) He can justify it.
4. Barbara lives on how much money per week?
(a) One pound.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Four pounds.
5. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He is pleased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Britomart believe to be Mr. Undershaft's intentions?
2. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
3. Why is Barbara pleased that her father is coming to visit?
4. How long has it been since Mr. Undershaft has seen his children?
5. Who does Lady Britomart ask for advice on the problem of family finances?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Undershaft's views of his foundry.
2. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
3. How does the group feel about the foundry once they have seen it?
4. How does Mr. Undershaft feel about the morality of his business?
5. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
6. What are the reasons Lady Britomart has invited Mr. Undershaft over?
7. How does Adolphus Cusins view Mr. Undershaft?
8. How does Peter Shirley react to Bill Walker's anger?
9. What are Mr. Undershaft's ideas about Stephen's career?
10. How open is Lady Britomart with her daughters about their financial situation?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)