|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Britomart believe to be Mr. Undershaft's intentions?
(a) To steal her children's love.
(b) To reconcile with her.
(c) To give Stephen the business.
(d) To steal from her.
2. Mr. Undershaft became wealthy through which means?
(a) The Cannon foundry.
(c) A distillery.
(d) The Salvation Army.
3. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
(b) Uncle and niece.
(c) Father and daughter.
4. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
(a) His family is poor.
(b) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
(c) He was disinherited by his family.
(d) He will not receive his inheritance until he is 35.
5. Who questions the morality of Mr. Undershaft's business?
(a) Charles Lomax.
(c) Lady Britomart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act 1 begins in which room of the house?
2. Who is Sarah's fiance?
3. Where does everyone go to avoid praying with Lady Britomart?
4. In the Salvation Army, how does Barbara have the opportunity to help all people?
5. What types of people does Stephen believe exist in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jenny Hill help Bill Walker's girlfriend?
2. Describe Sarah's fiance's financial situation.
3. Describe the cannon foundry and how it has been handed down in the Undershaft family.
4. How does Peter Shirley react to the offer of food?
5. Why is Barbara still upset with Mr. Undershaft?
6. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
7. What is the social status of the Undershaft family?
8. How have Barbara's views of power changed after seeing the foundry?
9. Why does Barbara resign from the Salvation Army?
10. How does Lady Britomart feel after hearing Mr. Undershaft's views on his foundry?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)