|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Adolphus Cusins poor?
(a) He is a Greek professor with little means.
(b) He was disinherited by his family.
(c) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
(d) His family is poor.
2. Who is Barbara's fiance?
(a) Pete Shirley.
(b) Adolphus Cusins.
(c) Charles Lomax.
(d) Snobby Price.
3. Who is the first character introduced in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Undershaft.
(c) Lady Britomart.
4. What does Lady Britomart wish for her son?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To take on more family responsibility.
(c) To get married.
(d) To live with his father.
5. What does Lady Britomart believe to be Mr. Undershaft's intentions?
(a) To steal her children's love.
(b) To reconcile with her.
(c) To give Stephen the business.
(d) To steal from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does everyone go to avoid praying with Lady Britomart?
2. For which person does Mr. Undershaft show disdain?
3. Adolphus Cusins goes by what nickname?
4. Who questions the morality of Mr. Undershaft's business?
5. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Stephen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of money does Barbara refuse to accept?
2. How does Bill Walker attempt to ease his conscience for hitting Jenny Hill and Rummy Mitchens?
3. What are the primary activities that take place at the Salvation Army?
4. Describe the cannon foundry and how it has been handed down in the Undershaft family.
5. What is Barbara's fiance's financial situation?
6. Describe Snobby Price.
7. How do Stephen and Mr. Undershaft feel about each other?
8. What is Adolphus Cusins' reason for arriving late?
9. What are the decided travel arrangements to the foundry?
10. Why is Barbara still upset with Mr. Undershaft?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)