|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adolphus Cusins accuse Mr. Undershaft of?
(a) Being rude.
(b) Being crazy.
(c) Being poor.
(d) Talking too much.
2. The Salvation Army is located in what city?
(c) West Ham.
3. What is Mr.Undershaft's opinion of poverty?
(a) It is a challenge.
(b) It is a blessing.
(c) It is a burden.
(d) It's nothing to be proud of.
4. Barbara says the only way to earn forgiveness is to do what?
(b) Join the army.
5. How does Peter Shirley feel about being poor?
6. What does Bill Walker do finally to ease his conscience?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Kneels and prays.
(c) Donates money.
(d) Seeks salvation.
7. Act 2 opens with a man and woman eating what sparse meal?
(a) Cheese and crackers.
(b) Beans and rice.
(c) Bread and milk.
8. After accepting donations, the Salvationists leave for what event?
(a) Salvation Army march.
(b) Another fundraiser.
(c) A picnic
(d) A wedding.
9. Mr. Undershaft believes honor, justice, truth, love and mercy are luxuries for which class?
(a) The lower class.
(b) The wealthy class.
(c) The religious.
(d) The middle class.
10. Why does Peter Shirley think he lost his job?
(a) Premature graying.
(b) He was no longer able to do the work.
(c) He was caught stealing.
(d) He was replaced.
11. Who laughs at Barbara over Snobby Price's conversion being a farce?
(a) Peter Shirley.
(b) Lord Saxmundham.
(c) Rummy Mitchens.
(d) Bill Walker.
12. Who does Peter Shirley bet Bill Walker to fight?
(a) Todger Fairmile.
(b) Rummy Mitchens.
(c) Snobby Price.
(d) Peter Shirley.
13. Rummy Mitchens conceals what secret?
(a) That she is not religious.
(b) That she is married.
(c) That she is in love with Snobby Price.
(d) That she is a painter.
14. Who steals the money that Bill Walker donated?
(a) Adolphus Cusins.
(b) Lord Saxmundham.
(c) Mr. Undershaft.
(d) Snobby Price.
15. Who is Jenny Hill?
(a) A Salvation Army worker.
(b) A homeless person.
(c) A painter.
(d) Lady Britomart's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adolphus Cusins feel about Mr. Undershaft's attitudes toward religion?
2. Why won't Todger Fairmile fight Bill Walker?
3. How does Barbara react to Mr. Undershaft's donation?
4. Who does Adolphus Cusins believe is responsible for providing for Barbara?
5. What does Mr. Undershaft believe should control the masses?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)