|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business does Lord Saxmundham own?
(a) A weapon factory.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(c) A paint store.
(d) A whiskey distillery.
2. Why did Bill Walker's girlfriend want an alternative living situation?
(a) Because she lost her job.
(b) To escape Bill's abuse.
(c) To be with her new boyfriend.
(d) To work at the Salvation Army.
3. Who is Jenny Hill?
(a) Lady Britomart's sister.
(b) A painter.
(c) A homeless person.
(d) A Salvation Army worker.
4. Mr. Undershaft believes honor, justice, truth, love and mercy are a direct result of what?
5. What does Bill Walker accuse Jenny Hill of doing?
(a) Stealing his food.
(b) Hitting him.
(c) Being a bad cook.
(d) Taking his girlfriend away from him.
6. Why does Peter Shirley not want to eat the Salvation Army food?
(a) He just ate at home.
(b) He has never lived on charity.
(c) He is a vegetarian.
(d) If does not seem appetizing.
7. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the request for his donation?
(a) He writes a check immediately.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He asks for Barbara's opinion.
(d) He asks to think about the request.
8. How did Snobby Price's mother treat him?
(a) She encouraged him.
(b) She beat him.
(c) She left him alone.
(d) She yelled at him.
9. Snobby Price lies about what action?
(a) Beating his wife.
(b) Quitting his job.
(c) Beating Rummy Mitchens.
(d) Beating his mother.
10. Who does Adolphus Cusins believe is responsible for providing for Barbara?
(b) Lady Britomart.
(c) Mr. Undershaft.
(d) Adolphus Cusins.
11. Who says "I have been a common man and a poor man; and it has no romance for me."?
(a) Bill Walker.
(b) Adolphus Cusins.
(c) Snobby Price.
(d) Mr. Undershaft.
12. How does Barbara react to Bill Walker's donation?
(a) With Thanksgiving.
(b) With skepticism.
(c) She refuses to accept it.
(d) With caution.
13. How does Peter Shirley feel about being poor?
14. What is Mr.Undershaft's opinion of poverty?
(a) It is a burden.
(b) It is a blessing.
(c) It is a challenge.
(d) It's nothing to be proud of.
15. Who stands up to Bill Walker?
(a) Snobby Price.
(b) Jenny Hill
(c) Rummy Mitchens.
(d) Peter Shirley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara react to Mr. Undershaft's donation?
2. What does Mr. Undershaft accuse Adolphus Cusins of?
3. How old is Peter Shirley?
4. What does Mr. Undershaft promise he will get Barbara to do?
5. What is Mr. Undershaft's plan to win his daughter's favor?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)