|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr.Undershaft's opinion of poverty?
(a) It is a challenge.
(b) It is a blessing.
(c) It is a burden.
(d) It's nothing to be proud of.
2. How does Barbara react to Lord Saxmundham's donation?
(a) With thanksgiving.
(b) With caution.
(c) With protest.
(d) She quits as Major.
3. Todger Fairmile is famous for being what?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A millionaire.
(c) A fighting champion.
(d) A Salvationist.
4. What is Snobby Price's occupation?
(a) A Salvationist.
(b) A butler.
(c) A distillery worker.
(d) A painter.
5. The Salvation Army only takes what type of people?
(a) Bad people that need to be saved.
(b) Good people out of work.
(c) People that can pay.
(d) Hard workers.
6. Rummy Mitchens conceals what secret?
(a) That she is married.
(b) That she is a painter.
(c) That she is in love with Snobby Price.
(d) That she is not religious.
7. What does Todger Fairmile do when confronted by Bill Walker?
(a) Kneels and prays.
(b) Walks away.
(c) Tries to negotiate.
(d) Starts the fight.
8. What does Mr. Undershaft promise he will get Barbara to do?
(a) Leave the Salvation Army.
(b) Come to work for him.
(c) See his point of view.
(d) Take his donation.
9. How does Adolphus Cusins feel about Mr. Undershaft's attitudes toward religion?
10. What does Mr. Undershaft accuse Adolphus Cusins of?
(a) Talking too much.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Being insincere in his devotion to the Salvation Army,
(d) Being rude.
11. Barbara says the only way to earn forgiveness is to do what?
(d) Join the army.
12. Who says "I have been a common man and a poor man; and it has no romance for me."?
(a) Mr. Undershaft.
(b) Snobby Price.
(c) Adolphus Cusins.
(d) Bill Walker.
13. Why do Snobby Price and Rummy Mitchens lie to the Salvation Army?
(a) To receive food and shelter.
(b) For work.
(c) To be saved.
(d) To be together.
14. Why does Peter Shirley think he lost his job?
(a) Premature graying.
(b) He was caught stealing.
(c) He was no longer able to do the work.
(d) He was replaced.
15. Who does Adolphus Cusins believe is responsible for providing for Barbara?
(b) Mr. Undershaft.
(c) Adolphus Cusins.
(d) Lady Britomart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Undershaft favor as the successor of his empire?
2. What business does Lord Saxmundham own?
3. Who does Bill Walker hit in the face?
4. What two things does Mr. Undershaft believe are necessary for salvation?
5. Mr. Undershaft says no plan is crazy with enough what?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)