|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adolphus Cusins accuse Mr. Undershaft of?
(a) Talking too much.
(b) Being rude.
(c) Being poor.
(d) Being crazy.
2. Mr. Undershaft believes honor, justice, truth, love and mercy are a direct result of what?
3. Mr. Undershaft says no plan is crazy with enough what?
4. What does Mr. Undershaft promise Barbara to watch her do?
(a) Work saving souls.
(b) Raise money,
(c) Recruit new sinners.
(d) Prepare meals.
5. What business does Lord Saxmundham own?
(a) A whiskey distillery.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(c) A paint store.
(d) A weapon factory.
6. How old is Peter Shirley?
7. What is Snobby Price's occupation?
(a) A distillery worker.
(b) A painter.
(c) A Salvationist.
(d) A butler.
8. What does Bill Walker do finally to ease his conscience?
(a) Kneels and prays.
(b) Walks away.
(c) Seeks salvation.
(d) Donates money.
9. How does Mr. Undershaft react to the request for his donation?
(a) He writes a check immediately.
(b) He asks for Barbara's opinion.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He asks to think about the request.
10. Adolphus Cusins believes Mr. Undershaft will have to choose between which two things?
(a) Lady Britomart and Barbara.
(b) Barbara and Stephen.
(c) His religion and Barbara.
(d) His religion and Stephen.
11. What does Mr. Undershaft promise he will get Barbara to do?
(a) Leave the Salvation Army.
(b) Come to work for him.
(c) See his point of view.
(d) Take his donation.
12. How does Peter Shirley eat the food that Jenny Hill brings him?
(b) With his hands.
(c) With a straw.
13. Who stands up to Bill Walker?
(a) Jenny Hill
(b) Rummy Mitchens.
(c) Peter Shirley.
(d) Snobby Price.
14. Rummy Mitchens conceals what secret?
(a) That she is not religious.
(b) That she is a painter.
(c) That she is in love with Snobby Price.
(d) That she is married.
15. Why do Snobby Price and Rummy Mitchens lie to the Salvation Army?
(a) For work.
(b) To receive food and shelter.
(c) To be together.
(d) To be saved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Todger Fairmile is famous for being what?
2. What is Mr.Undershaft's opinion of poverty?
3. What is Mr. Undershaft's plan to win his daughter's favor?
4. How does Barbara react to Lord Saxmundham's donation?
5. What instrument does Adolphus Cusins arrive with?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)