|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Todger Fairmile's relationship to Peter Shirley?
(a) His son-in-law's brother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His son-in-law.
2. What does Mr. Undershaft say the poor pretend poverty to be?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A burden.
(c) A challenge.
(d) A joy.
3. What does Bill Walker do finally to ease his conscience?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Seeks salvation.
(c) Donates money.
(d) Kneels and prays.
4. Who does Peter Shirley bet Bill Walker to fight?
(a) Rummy Mitchens.
(b) Peter Shirley.
(c) Snobby Price.
(d) Todger Fairmile.
5. What two things does Mr. Undershaft believe are necessary for salvation?
(a) Money and gunpowder.
(b) Mercy and justice.
(c) Hardwork and justice.
(d) Faith and love.
6. Why does Peter Shirley not want to eat the Salvation Army food?
(a) He is a vegetarian.
(b) He just ate at home.
(c) If does not seem appetizing.
(d) He has never lived on charity.
7. Lord Saxmundham agrees to donate $5000 on what condition?
(a) It is used for food only.
(b) He is given a job.
(c) Barbara marries him.
(d) Someone matches the donation.
8. Who stands up to Bill Walker?
(a) Rummy Mitchens.
(b) Snobby Price.
(c) Jenny Hill
(d) Peter Shirley.
9. Mr. Undershaft believes honor, justice, truth, love and mercy are a direct result of what?
10. How does Barbara react to Lord Saxmundham's donation?
(a) With caution.
(b) She quits as Major.
(c) With thanksgiving.
(d) With protest.
11. After accepting donations, the Salvationists leave for what event?
(a) A wedding.
(b) Salvation Army march.
(c) Another fundraiser.
(d) A picnic
12. How does Barbara react to Mr. Undershaft's donation?
(a) With skepticism.
(b) With thanksgiving.
(c) With caution.
(d) She quits as Major.
13. How old is Peter Shirley?
14. Act 2 takes place is what location?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) Lady Britomart's.
(c) The Library.
(d) The Palace.
15. Rummy Mitchens conceals what secret?
(a) That she is in love with Snobby Price.
(b) That she is a painter.
(c) That she is married.
(d) That she is not religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals the money that Bill Walker donated?
2. How does Adolphus Cusins describe himself?
3. What does Mr. Undershaft believe should control the masses?
4. How does Peter Shirley feel about being poor?
5. What does Mr. Undershaft say a cowardice preaches?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)