|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters does Stephen have?
2. Who does Lady Britomart ask for advice on the problem of family finances?
(d) Charles Lomax.
3. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Barbara?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(c) Aunt and niece.
4. The Undershaft family business is only passed down to which family members?
(a) Eldest male heir.
(b) Foundlings (children born out of wedlock).
(c) Youngest male heir.
(d) Eldest female heir.
5. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He does not care.
6. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
(a) She cries.
(b) She yells at Stephen.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She goes to bed.
7. What types of people does Barbara believe exist in the world?
(a) Only good men.
(b) Children of one Father.
(c) Only scoundrels.
(d) Good men and scoundrels.
8. Mr. Undershaft's business has been in the family for how long?
(a) He bought it recently.
(b) Many generations.
(c) He built it from the ground up.
(d) His father built it from the ground up.
9. Why is Adolphus Cusins poor?
(a) His family is poor.
(b) He was disinherited by his family.
(c) He is a Greek professor with little means.
(d) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
10. Who ushers Mr. Undershaft into the home?
(a) The butler.
(b) Lady Britomart.
(d) Charles Lomax.
11. What is Barbara's primary job at the Salvation Army?
(a) To train the other Salvationists.
(b) To raise money.
(c) To cook meals for the needy.
(d) To save souls.
12. Who does Mr. Undershaft first mistake for his son?
(a) Charles Lomax.
(b) Peter Shirley.
(c) Snobby Price.
(d) The Butler.
13. How is Lady Britomart currently supported?
(a) By Mr. Undershaft.
(b) By her inheritance.
(c) By her children.
(d) By Charles Lomax.
14. What does Mr. Undershaft state is his primary goal in business?
(a) To produce weapons to the best of his ability.
(b) To provide adequately for his family.
(c) To make his business as profitable as possible.
(d) To grow his business to the largest in the region.
15. How old is Stephen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
2. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
3. What types of people does Stephen believe exist in the world?
4. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Sarah?
5. What is Stephen's reaction when he is left in the library?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)