|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Barbara?
(a) Aunt and niece.
(d) Mother and daughter.
2. Why is Adolphus Cusins poor?
(a) He is a Greek professor with little means.
(b) His family is poor.
(c) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
(d) He was disinherited by his family.
3. Who is Barbara's fiance?
(a) Adolphus Cusins.
(b) Pete Shirley.
(c) Snobby Price.
(d) Charles Lomax.
4. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to the question of morality of his work?
(a) He can justify it.
(b) He has no qualms about his work.
(c) He worries about this question.
(d) He is a good man.
5. Who is Lady Britomart's oldest daughter?
6. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
(a) He was in love with someone else.
(b) She was in love with someone else.
(c) Due to irreconcilable differences.
(d) So that Stephen could one day inherit the business.
7. Who does Mr. Undershaft mistake for his son after his first mistake?
(a) Adolphus Cusins.
(b) Snobby Price.
(c) Charles Lomax.
(d) The Butler.
8. In the Salvation Army, how does Barbara have the opportunity to help all people?
(a) By the grace of God.
(b) In time.
(c) One at a time.
9. How old is Stephen?
10. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
(b) Father and daughter.
(d) Uncle and niece.
11. Adolphus Cusins goes by what nickname?
12. Act 1 begins in which room of the house?
(a) The library.
(b) The veranda.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The kitchen.
13. What is Barbara's primary job at the Salvation Army?
(a) To cook meals for the needy.
(b) To save souls.
(c) To train the other Salvationists.
(d) To raise money.
14. Who is left in the library at the end of Act 1?
(a) Lady Britomart.
(c) Mr. Undershaft.
15. The Undershaft family business is only passed down to which family members?
(a) Youngest male heir.
(b) Foundlings (children born out of wedlock).
(c) Eldest male heir.
(d) Eldest female heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does everyone go to avoid praying with Lady Britomart?
2. What is Stephen's reaction when he is left in the library?
3. Why is Barbara pleased that her father is coming to visit?
4. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Barbara?
5. In what social class do the Undershaft's move?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)