|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lady Britomart?
(a) In her fifties.
2. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
(a) Due to irreconcilable differences.
(b) He was in love with someone else.
(c) So that Stephen could one day inherit the business.
(d) She was in love with someone else.
3. What does Mr. Undershaft state is his primary goal in business?
(a) To make his business as profitable as possible.
(b) To produce weapons to the best of his ability.
(c) To provide adequately for his family.
(d) To grow his business to the largest in the region.
4. Why is Barbara pleased that her father is coming to visit?
(a) So that she can save his soul.
(b) So that she can discuss her wedding.
(c) So that he can see her mother.
(d) So that he can meet her fiance.
5. Barbara lives on how much money per week?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Four pounds.
6. In the Salvation Army, how does Barbara have the opportunity to help all people?
(a) By the grace of God.
(b) In time.
(d) One at a time.
7. Mr. Undershaft agrees to visit the Salvation Army under which condition?
(a) That Barbara will visit his business the next day.
(b) That Barbara agrees to work at his business.
(c) That Barbara does not get married.
(d) That Charles Lomax agrees to work at his business.
8. Who is Barbara's fiance?
(a) Adolphus Cusins.
(b) Charles Lomax.
(c) Snobby Price.
(d) Pete Shirley.
9. How does Lady Britomart expect her daughters to behave in front of Mr. Undershaft?
(d) By being on their best behavior.
10. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Stephen?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
11. The Undershaft family business is only passed down to which family members?
(a) Youngest male heir.
(b) Eldest female heir.
(c) Eldest male heir.
(d) Foundlings (children born out of wedlock).
12. How long has it been since Mr. Undershaft has seen his children?
(a) Many years.
(b) The day before.
(c) Last year.
(d) Last week.
13. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He is pleased.
14. Who ushers Mr. Undershaft into the home?
(a) The butler.
(c) Lady Britomart.
(d) Charles Lomax.
15. Who is the first character introduced in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Undershaft.
(c) Lady Britomart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act 1 begins in which room of the house?
2. What is the relationship of Barbara and Adolphus Cusins?
3. What types of people does Stephen believe exist in the world?
4. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
5. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Sarah?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)