|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Undershaft agrees to visit the Salvation Army under which condition?
(a) That Barbara agrees to work at his business.
(b) That Barbara does not get married.
(c) That Barbara will visit his business the next day.
(d) That Charles Lomax agrees to work at his business.
2. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
(c) Uncle and niece.
(d) Father and daughter.
3. Mr. Undershaft's business has been in the family for how long?
(a) His father built it from the ground up.
(b) Many generations.
(c) He bought it recently.
(d) He built it from the ground up.
4. What types of people does Stephen believe exist in the world?
(a) Good men and scoundrels.
(b) Only scoundrels.
(c) Only good men.
(d) Children of one Father.
5. What does Lady Britomart believe to be Mr. Undershaft's intentions?
(a) To reconcile with her.
(b) To steal her children's love.
(c) To steal from her.
(d) To give Stephen the business.
6. How many sisters does Stephen have?
7. Who is the first character introduced in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Undershaft.
(b) Lady Britomart.
8. What does Mr. Undershaft state is his primary goal in business?
(a) To make his business as profitable as possible.
(b) To produce weapons to the best of his ability.
(c) To provide adequately for his family.
(d) To grow his business to the largest in the region.
9. What is the relationship of Sarah and Charles Lomax?
(c) Sister and brother.
10. Who is Barbara's fiance?
(a) Snobby Price.
(b) Adolphus Cusins.
(c) Charles Lomax.
(d) Pete Shirley.
11. Who is Sarah's fiance?
(a) Adolphus Cusins.
(b) Snobby Price.
(c) Pete Shirley.
(d) Charles Lomax.
12. In what city does Lady Britomart live?
(b) West Ham.
13. How old is Lady Britomart?
(a) In her fifties.
14. How old is Stephen?
15. Who is left in the library at the end of Act 1?
(a) Lady Britomart.
(b) Mr. Undershaft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stephen's reaction when he is left in the library?
2. Who does Lady Britomart ask for advice on the problem of family finances?
3. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
4. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Barbara?
5. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Stephen?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)