|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lady Britomart currently supported?
(a) By her inheritance.
(b) By Mr. Undershaft.
(c) By her children.
(d) By Charles Lomax.
2. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
(a) His family is poor.
(b) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
(c) He was disinherited by his family.
(d) He will not receive his inheritance until he is 35.
3. By which person is Mr. Undershaft most intrigued?
(d) Charles Lomax.
4. Adolphus Cusins goes by what nickname?
5. Who is the first character introduced in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Undershaft.
(d) Lady Britomart.
6. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to the question of morality of his work?
(a) He can justify it.
(b) He worries about this question.
(c) He has no qualms about his work.
(d) He is a good man.
7. How does Lady Britomart expect her daughters to behave in front of Mr. Undershaft?
(c) By being on their best behavior.
8. Lady Britomart has asked Mr. Undershaft over to discuss which topic?
(a) Passing the family business to Stephen.
(b) Their daughter's fiances.
(c) Providing financial support for his daughters.
(d) Wedding plans for their daughters.
9. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Stephen?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Uncle and nephew.
10. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
(a) She yells at Stephen.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She goes to bed.
(d) She cries.
11. How long has it been since Mr. Undershaft has seen his children?
(a) Last week.
(b) Many years.
(c) The day before.
(d) Last year.
12. The Undershaft family business is only passed down to which family members?
(a) Youngest male heir.
(b) Foundlings (children born out of wedlock).
(c) Eldest female heir.
(d) Eldest male heir.
13. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
(a) She was in love with someone else.
(b) Due to irreconcilable differences.
(c) He was in love with someone else.
(d) So that Stephen could one day inherit the business.
14. Who is left in the library at the end of Act 1?
(a) Mr. Undershaft.
(b) Lady Britomart.
15. Who is Sarah's fiance?
(a) Adolphus Cusins.
(b) Snobby Price.
(c) Pete Shirley.
(d) Charles Lomax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Barbara?
2. What is the relationship of Barbara and Adolphus Cusins?
3. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Sarah?
4. What is Barbara's primary job at the Salvation Army?
5. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Barbara?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)