|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Barbara pleased that her father is coming to visit?
(a) So that he can meet her fiance.
(b) So that she can save his soul.
(c) So that he can see her mother.
(d) So that she can discuss her wedding.
2. Where does everyone go to avoid praying with Lady Britomart?
(a) The library.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) Their own homes.
3. Who is Lady Britomart's youngest daughter?
4. How many sisters does Stephen have?
5. Act 1 begins in which room of the house?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The sitting room.
(c) The library.
(d) The kitchen.
6. How is Lady Britomart currently supported?
(a) By her inheritance.
(b) By her children.
(c) By Charles Lomax.
(d) By Mr. Undershaft.
7. How long has it been since Mr. Undershaft has seen his children?
(a) Many years.
(b) The day before.
(c) Last week.
(d) Last year.
8. Who is Sarah's fiance?
(a) Pete Shirley.
(b) Snobby Price.
(c) Adolphus Cusins.
(d) Charles Lomax.
9. Adolphus Cusins goes by what nickname?
10. What is the relationship of Sarah and Charles Lomax?
(a) Sister and brother.
11. Mr. Undershaft agrees to visit the Salvation Army under which condition?
(a) That Barbara will visit his business the next day.
(b) That Charles Lomax agrees to work at his business.
(c) That Barbara does not get married.
(d) That Barbara agrees to work at his business.
12. What is the relationship of Sarah and Barbara?
(b) Mother and daughter.
13. What is the relationship of Barbara and Adolphus Cusins?
(b) Sister and brother.
14. The Undershaft family business is only passed down to which family members?
(a) Eldest male heir.
(b) Foundlings (children born out of wedlock).
(c) Youngest male heir.
(d) Eldest female heir.
15. For what reason did Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separate?
(a) She was in love with someone else.
(b) So that Stephen could one day inherit the business.
(c) He was in love with someone else.
(d) Due to irreconcilable differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Britomart expect her daughters to behave in front of Mr. Undershaft?
2. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Barbara?
3. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to the question of morality of his work?
4. How old is Stephen?
5. What is Barbara's primary job at the Salvation Army?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)