|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Undershaft's business has been in the family for how long?
(a) Many generations.
(b) He bought it recently.
(c) He built it from the ground up.
(d) His father built it from the ground up.
2. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Sarah?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Aunt and niece.
3. What topic does Lady Britomart wish to discuss with her son, Stephen?
(a) His job at the Salvation Army.
(b) The wedding plans of his sisters.
(c) His future as the head of the Undershaft family.
(d) Care of the family residence.
4. Who is Lady Britomart's youngest daughter?
5. Why is Adolphus Cusins poor?
(a) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
(b) He is a Greek professor with little means.
(c) He was disinherited by his family.
(d) His family is poor.
6. Who is left in the library at the end of Act 1?
(c) Lady Britomart.
(d) Mr. Undershaft.
7. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to the question of morality of his work?
(a) He worries about this question.
(b) He is a good man.
(c) He can justify it.
(d) He has no qualms about his work.
8. In the Salvation Army, how does Barbara have the opportunity to help all people?
(a) In time.
(b) By the grace of God.
(d) One at a time.
9. What is Stephen's reaction when he is left in the library?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He sulks.
(d) He goes to bed.
10. Who is the first character introduced in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Undershaft.
(c) Lady Britomart.
11. What is the relationship of Barbara and Adolphus Cusins?
(d) Sister and brother.
12. How does Stephen react to Lady Britomart's proposal to ask Mr. Undershaft for money?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He does not care.
13. How is Lady Britomart currently supported?
(a) By Charles Lomax.
(b) By Mr. Undershaft.
(c) By her children.
(d) By her inheritance.
14. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Stephen?
(b) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
15. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
(a) She goes to bed.
(b) She yells at Stephen.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Sarah and Barbara?
2. What is Barbara's primary job at the Salvation Army?
3. For which person does Mr. Undershaft show disdain?
4. Barbara lives on how much money per week?
5. Why is Charles Lomax poor?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)