|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Undershaft respond to the question of morality of his work?
(a) He is a good man.
(b) He worries about this question.
(c) He has no qualms about his work.
(d) He can justify it.
2. How long has it been since Mr. Undershaft has seen his children?
(a) Many years.
(b) Last week.
(c) The day before.
(d) Last year.
3. What types of people does Barbara believe exist in the world?
(a) Children of one Father.
(b) Only scoundrels.
(c) Good men and scoundrels.
(d) Only good men.
4. What is the relationship of Sarah and Charles Lomax?
(b) Sister and brother.
5. Why is Barbara pleased that her father is coming to visit?
(a) So that he can see her mother.
(b) So that she can save his soul.
(c) So that she can discuss her wedding.
(d) So that he can meet her fiance.
6. What does Lady Britomart believe to be Mr. Undershaft's intentions?
(a) To reconcile with her.
(b) To steal her children's love.
(c) To steal from her.
(d) To give Stephen the business.
7. What is the relationship of Barbara and Adolphus Cusins?
(b) Sister and brother.
8. In the Salvation Army, how does Barbara have the opportunity to help all people?
(a) In time.
(b) One at a time.
(c) By the grace of God.
9. Barbara lives on how much money per week?
(a) One pound.
(b) Three pounds.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Four pounds.
10. Who is Sarah's fiance?
(a) Adolphus Cusins.
(b) Charles Lomax.
(c) Pete Shirley.
(d) Snobby Price.
11. Who does Mr. Undershaft first mistake for his son?
(a) The Butler.
(b) Snobby Price.
(c) Peter Shirley.
(d) Charles Lomax.
12. Mr. Undershaft agrees to visit the Salvation Army under which condition?
(a) That Charles Lomax agrees to work at his business.
(b) That Barbara will visit his business the next day.
(c) That Barbara agrees to work at his business.
(d) That Barbara does not get married.
13. Charles Lomax goes by what nickname?
14. Why is Adolphus Cusins poor?
(a) He was disinherited by his family.
(b) He is a Greek professor with little means.
(c) His family is poor.
(d) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
15. What does Lady Britomart wish for her son?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To take on more family responsibility.
(c) To get married.
(d) To live with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. By which person is Mr. Undershaft most intrigued?
2. What does Mr. Undershaft state is his primary goal in business?
3. Who is Lady Britomart's youngest daughter?
4. Mr. Undershaft's business has been in the family for how long?
5. Who is left in the library at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)