|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Britamort's initial reaction when left in the library?
(a) She goes to bed.
(b) She cries.
(c) She yells at Stephen.
(d) She laughs.
2. Why is Barbara pleased that her father is coming to visit?
(a) So that he can see her mother.
(b) So that he can meet her fiance.
(c) So that she can discuss her wedding.
(d) So that she can save his soul.
3. Barbara lives on how much money per week?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Four pounds.
(d) One pound.
4. Who is the first character introduced in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Undershaft.
(d) Lady Britomart.
5. What is Stephen's reaction when he is left in the library?
(a) He goes to bed.
(b) He sulks.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
6. In what city does Lady Britomart live?
(a) West Ham.
7. What is the relationship of Barbara and Adolphus Cusins?
(d) Sister and brother.
8. Who does Mr. Undershaft mistake for his son after his first mistake?
(a) The Butler.
(b) Adolphus Cusins.
(c) Snobby Price.
(d) Charles Lomax.
9. Who questions the morality of Mr. Undershaft's business?
(a) Lady Britomart.
(d) Charles Lomax.
10. Why is Adolphus Cusins poor?
(a) He is a Greek professor with little means.
(b) He gave all of his inheritance to the Salvation Army.
(c) He was disinherited by his family.
(d) His family is poor.
11. How many sisters does Stephen have?
12. Who is left in the library at the end of Act 1?
(a) Mr. Undershaft.
(b) Lady Britomart.
13. What is the relationship of Lady Britomart and Sarah?
(b) Mother and daughter.
(c) Aunt and niece.
14. Mr. Undershaft became wealthy through which means?
(b) A distillery.
(c) The Cannon foundry.
(d) The Salvation Army.
15. By which person is Mr. Undershaft most intrigued?
(a) Charles Lomax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of people does Stephen believe exist in the world?
2. Adolphus Cusins goes by what nickname?
3. Charles Lomax goes by what nickname?
4. Who is Lady Britomart's oldest daughter?
5. What is the relationship of Mr. Undershaft and Sarah?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)