Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lady Britomart's family.
2. How does Lady Britomart feel about Stephen?
3. What is the social status of the Undershaft family?
4. Describe Sarah's fiance's financial situation.
5. Describe Barbara's work and lifestyle.
6. Describe the cannon foundry and how it has been handed down in the Undershaft family.
7. Why are Lady Britomart and Mr. Undershaft separated?
8. What is Barbara's fiance's financial situation?
9. What are the disturbing items that Lady Britomart discloses to Stephen?
10. What are the reasons Lady Britomart has invited Mr. Undershaft over?
11. How does Barbara feel about Mr. Undershaft's visit?
12. How familiar is Mr. Undershaft with his children?
13. How open is Lady Britomart with her daughters about their financial situation?
14. How does Mr. Undershaft feel about the morality of his business?
15. How does Mr. Undershaft show interest in Barbara's work?
16. What is the difference between Stephen and Barbara's views of people in the world?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)