|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
2. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
3. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
4. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
5. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
2. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
3. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
4. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
5. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
6. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
7. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
8. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
9. What secret is Amina keeping?
10. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amina was a person who was seen very little in this book, but whose presence made a big difference in Pettigrew's life. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered Pettigrew's life? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is something that was very important to Pettigrew in his life. Where are some places that friendship appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the main message sent through this book, and how is it displayed?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)