|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ali's nephew's name?
2. What are people protesting against on Ferguson's land?
3. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
4. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
5. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
2. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
3. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
4. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
5. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
6. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
7. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
8. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
9. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
10. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between The Major and Jasmina change throughout the course of this book, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)