|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
2. What is the name of Amina's son?
3. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
4. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
5. What happens after Roger's part of the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
2. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
3. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
4. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
5. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
6. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
7. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
8. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
9. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
10. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is something that was very important to Pettigrew in his life. Where are some places that friendship appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the Churchills, and what significance do they have on the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the major obstacles in the relationship between Jasmina and the Major, and how are they overcome?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)