|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Pettigrew have preferred to losing Sandy?
2. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
3. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
4. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
5. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
2. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
3. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
4. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
5. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
6. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
7. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
8. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
9. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
10. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Where does India come to play in this plot, and what affects does this have on the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the main message sent through this book, and how is it displayed?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)