|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
2. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
3. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
4. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
5. How does Roger feel in his outfit for the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
3. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
4. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
5. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
6. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
7. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
8. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
9. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
10. What secret is Amina keeping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Sandy gain favor in Pettigrew's eyes, and how does Pettigrew show this increased acceptance of her?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
Essay Topic 3
Amina was a person who was seen very little in this book, but whose presence made a big difference in Pettigrew's life. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered Pettigrew's life? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)