|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
2. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
3. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
4. Why does Pettigrew find Roger's dance attire ironic?
5. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
2. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
3. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
4. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
5. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
6. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
7. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
8. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
9. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
10. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between The Major and Jasmina change throughout the course of this book, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
Where does India come to play in this plot, and what affects does this have on the tone of the book?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)