|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
2. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
4. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
5. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
2. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
3. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
4. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
5. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
6. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
7. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
8. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
9. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
10. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)