|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
2. What are people protesting against on Ferguson's land?
3. Who owns the cricket field?
4. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
5. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
2. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
3. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
4. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
5. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
6. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
7. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
8. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
9. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
10. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Sandy and Roger's relationship end?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways the Major and Nancy showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)