|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
2. Why does Grace refuse to marry Pettigrew?
3. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
4. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
5. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
2. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
3. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
4. What secret is Amina keeping?
5. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
6. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
7. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
8. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
9. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
10. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at the dance?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the main message sent through this book, and how is it displayed?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)