|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
2. Why does Pettigrew agree to go out with Alec?
3. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
4. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
5. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
2. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
3. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
4. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
5. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
6. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
7. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
8. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
9. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
10. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the main message sent through this book, and how is it displayed?
Essay Topic 3
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Pettigrew's life altered because of these incidents?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)