|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
2. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
3. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
4. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
5. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
2. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
3. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
4. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
5. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
6. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
7. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
8. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
9. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
10. What secret is Amina keeping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at the dance?
Essay Topic 2
Where does India come to play in this plot, and what affects does this have on the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the major obstacles in the relationship between Jasmina and the Major, and how are they overcome?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)