|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grace refuse to marry Pettigrew?
2. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
3. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
4. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
5. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is something that was very important to Pettigrew in his life. Where are some places that friendship appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways the Major and Nancy showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)