|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Ali seated where she is at the dance?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
3. What would Pettigrew have preferred to losing Sandy?
4. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
5. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
2. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
3. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
4. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
5. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
6. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
7. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
8. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
9. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
10. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the Churchills, and what significance do they have on the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the main message sent through this book, and how is it displayed?
Essay Topic 3
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Pettigrew's life altered because of these incidents?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)