|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
2. What does Amina keep talking about with Pettigrew at the rehearsal?
3. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
4. What is the name of Amina's son?
5. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
2. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
3. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
4. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
5. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
6. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
7. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
8. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
9. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
10. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the defining moments in Pettigrew's friendship with Grace, and how did these moments affect Pettigrew's life?
Essay Topic 2
Where does India come to play in this plot, and what affects does this have on the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Death and mortality were two integral themes in this book. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this affect Pettigrew's relationships?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)