|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are people protesting against on Ferguson's land?
2. What ruined Roger's relationship?
3. When does Roger usually visit his father?
4. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
5. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
2. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
4. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
5. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
6. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
7. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
8. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
9. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
10. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is something that was very important to Pettigrew in his life. Where are some places that friendship appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
Essay Topic 3
How does Sandy gain favor in Pettigrew's eyes, and how does Pettigrew show this increased acceptance of her?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)