|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
2. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
3. What is the name of Amina's son?
4. Why is Mrs. Ali seated where she is at the dance?
5. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
2. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
3. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
4. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
5. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
6. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
7. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
8. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
9. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
10. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
Essay Topic 2
How does Sandy gain favor in Pettigrew's eyes, and how does Pettigrew show this increased acceptance of her?
Essay Topic 3
What happened at the dance?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)