|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger put off his wedding?
2. What does Gertrude want to contact Roger about?
3. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
4. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
5. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
2. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
3. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
4. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
5. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
6. What secret is Amina keeping?
7. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
8. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
9. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
10. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
Essay Topic 3
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Pettigrew's life altered because of these incidents?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)