|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
3. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
4. Where does Amina work?
5. Who is Pettigrew's favorite author?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
2. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
3. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
4. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
5. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
6. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
7. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
8. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
9. What secret is Amina keeping?
10. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Sandy gain favor in Pettigrew's eyes, and how does Pettigrew show this increased acceptance of her?
Essay Topic 2
What are the Churchills, and what significance do they have on the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)