|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
2. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
3. What does Amina keep talking about with Pettigrew at the rehearsal?
4. What are people protesting against on Ferguson's land?
5. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
2. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
3. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
4. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
5. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
6. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
7. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
8. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
9. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
10. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Sandy and Roger's relationship end?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the main message sent through this book, and how is it displayed?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)