|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
2. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
4. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
5. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
2. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
3. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
4. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
5. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
6. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
7. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
8. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
9. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
10. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the Churchills, and what significance do they have on the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Pettigrew's life altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 3
How does Sandy gain favor in Pettigrew's eyes, and how does Pettigrew show this increased acceptance of her?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)