|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandy reveal right before Christmas?
2. Who owns the cricket field?
3. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Mrs. Ali for the dance?
4. When does Roger usually visit his father?
5. What does Pettigrew say annoys him most about men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
3. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
4. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
5. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
6. What secret is Amina keeping?
7. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
8. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
9. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
10. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the defining moments in Pettigrew's friendship with Grace, and how did these moments affect Pettigrew's life?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is something that was very important to Pettigrew in his life. Where are some places that friendship appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)