|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew agree to go out with Alec?
2. What does Roger wear to the dance?
3. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
4. When does Roger usually visit his father?
5. Why does Roger put off his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
2. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
3. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
4. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
5. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
6. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
7. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
8. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
9. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
10. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
Essay Topic 2
Where does India come to play in this plot, and what affects does this have on the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the major obstacles in the relationship between Jasmina and the Major, and how are they overcome?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)