|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
2. What happens after Roger's part of the dance?
3. What does Roger wear to the dance?
4. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
5. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
3. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
4. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
5. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
6. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
7. What secret is Amina keeping?
8. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
9. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
10. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think is the main message sent through this book, and how is it displayed?
Essay Topic 2
Death and mortality were two integral themes in this book. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this affect Pettigrew's relationships?
Essay Topic 3
What happened at the dance?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)