|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
2. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
3. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
4. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
5. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
2. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
3. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
4. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
5. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
6. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
7. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
8. What secret is Amina keeping?
9. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
10. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Sandy gain favor in Pettigrew's eyes, and how does Pettigrew show this increased acceptance of her?
Essay Topic 2
Where does India come to play in this plot, and what affects does this have on the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of this book?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)