|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
2. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
4. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
5. Why does Roger put off his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
2. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
3. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
4. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
5. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
6. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
7. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
8. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
9. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
10. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the Churchills, and what significance do they have on the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)