Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
2. What is Saadia Khan good at?
3. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
4. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
5. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
2. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
3. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
4. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
5. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
6. What happens in the Epilogue?
7. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
8. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
9. What does Abdul plan to do during his wedding?
10. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
Essay Topic 2
Amina was a person who was seen very little in this book, but whose presence made a big difference in Pettigrew's life. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered Pettigrew's life? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What are the Churchills, and what significance do they have on the plot of this book?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)