|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
2. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
3. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
4. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
5. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
5. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
6. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
7. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
8. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
9. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
10. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the major obstacles in the relationship between Jasmina and the Major, and how are they overcome?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways the Major and Nancy showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)