|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
2. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
3. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
5. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
2. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
5. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
6. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
7. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
8. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
9. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
10. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at the dance?
Essay Topic 2
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Pettigrew's life altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 3
Where does India come to play in this plot, and what affects does this have on the tone of the book?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)