|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
2. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
3. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
4. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
5. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
3. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
4. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
5. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
6. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
7. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Abdul plan to do during his wedding?
9. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
10. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Sandy and Roger's relationship end?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between The Major and Jasmina change throughout the course of this book, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
How does Sandy gain favor in Pettigrew's eyes, and how does Pettigrew show this increased acceptance of her?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)