|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
2. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
3. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
4. What does Jemima need money for?
5. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
2. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
3. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
4. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
5. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
6. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
7. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
8. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
9. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
10. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
What happened at the dance?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)