|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
2. What is Saadia Khan good at?
3. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
4. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
5. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
2. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
3. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
4. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
5. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
6. What happens in the Epilogue?
7. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
8. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
9. What does Abdul plan to do during his wedding?
10. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
Essay Topic 1
Amina was a person who was seen very little in this book, but whose presence made a big difference in Pettigrew's life. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered Pettigrew's life? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways the Major and Nancy showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)