|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Major's brother's name?
2. How does Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son treat him?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
4. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
5. How long of a lease does Roger take on the first cottage he sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
2. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
3. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
4. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
5. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
6. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
7. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
8. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
9. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
10. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Amina was a person who was seen very little in this book, but whose presence made a big difference in Pettigrew's life. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered Pettigrew's life? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)