|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
2. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
3. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
4. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
5. What does Alec's wife need help choosing for the event she is planning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
2. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
3. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
4. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
5. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
6. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
7. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
8. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
9. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
10. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is something that was very important to Pettigrew in his life. Where are some places that friendship appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the defining moments in Pettigrew's friendship with Grace, and how did these moments affect Pettigrew's life?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)