|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
2. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
3. What does Alec's wife need help choosing for the event she is planning?
4. What is Alec's wife planning?
5. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
2. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
3. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
4. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
5. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
6. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
7. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
8. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
9. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
10. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the major obstacles in the relationship between Jasmina and the Major, and how are they overcome?
Essay Topic 2
What are the Churchills, and what significance do they have on the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important attribute and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to Pettigrew's life and why?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)