|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
2. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
3. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
4. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
5. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
2. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
3. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
4. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
5. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
6. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
7. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
8. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
9. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
10. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways the Major and Nancy showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the defining moments in Pettigrew's friendship with Grace, and how did these moments affect Pettigrew's life?
Essay Topic 3
Amina was a person who was seen very little in this book, but whose presence made a big difference in Pettigrew's life. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered Pettigrew's life? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)