|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
2. What is Mrs. De Vere's first name?
3. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
4. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
5. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
2. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
3. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
5. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
6. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
7. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
8. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
9. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
10. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the defining moments in Pettigrew's friendship with Grace, and how did these moments affect Pettigrew's life?
Essay Topic 2
Amina was a person who was seen very little in this book, but whose presence made a big difference in Pettigrew's life. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered Pettigrew's life? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the major obstacles in the relationship between Jasmina and the Major, and how are they overcome?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)