|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
2. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
3. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
4. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
5. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
2. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
3. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
4. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
5. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
6. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
7. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
8. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
9. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
10. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the major obstacles in the relationship between Jasmina and the Major, and how are they overcome?
Essay Topic 2
Death and mortality were two integral themes in this book. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this affect Pettigrew's relationships?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the main message sent through this book, and how is it displayed?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)