|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
2. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
3. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
4. What disappoints Mr. Pettigrew at the funeral?
5. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
2. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
3. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
4. What bothers Pettigrew about the way Jasmina's family treats her?
5. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
6. What happens in the Epilogue?
7. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
8. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
9. What does Abdul plan to do during his wedding?
10. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the defining moments in Pettigrew's friendship with Grace, and how did these moments affect Pettigrew's life?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)