|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Pettigrew most about looking at Roger's cottage?
2. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
3. What does Alec's wife need help choosing for the event she is planning?
4. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
5. What is Mrs. De Vere's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
2. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
4. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
5. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
6. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
7. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
8. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
9. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
10. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the defining moments in Pettigrew's friendship with Grace, and how did these moments affect Pettigrew's life?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways the Major and Nancy showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between The Major and Jasmina change throughout the course of this book, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)