|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
2. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
3. What is Alec's wife planning?
4. How long of a lease does Roger take on the first cottage he sees?
5. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
2. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
3. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
4. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
5. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
6. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
7. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
8. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
9. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
10. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Sandy and Roger's relationship end?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
How does Sandy gain favor in Pettigrew's eyes, and how does Pettigrew show this increased acceptance of her?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)