|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
2. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
3. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
4. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
5. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abdul choose to do what he does during his wedding?
2. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
3. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
4. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
5. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
6. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
7. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
8. What does Jasmina's father want for his future?
9. What happens in the Epilogue?
10. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does India come to play in this plot, and what affects does this have on the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the major obstacles in the relationship between Jasmina and the Major, and how are they overcome?
Essay Topic 3
What are the Churchills, and what significance do they have on the plot of this book?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)