|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
2. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
3. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
4. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
5. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
2. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
3. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
4. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
6. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
7. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
8. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
9. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
10. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death and mortality were two integral themes in this book. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this affect Pettigrew's relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Where does India come to play in this plot, and what affects does this have on the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)