|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
3. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
4. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
5. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
2. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
3. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
4. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
5. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
6. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
8. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
9. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
10. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at the dance?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main cultural differences between Jasmina and Major Pettigrew?
Essay Topic 3
Amina was a person who was seen very little in this book, but whose presence made a big difference in Pettigrew's life. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered Pettigrew's life? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)