|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
2. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
3. How long of a lease does Roger take on the first cottage he sees?
4. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
5. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
2. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
3. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
4. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
5. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
6. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
7. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
8. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
9. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
10. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the major obstacles in the relationship between Jasmina and the Major, and how are they overcome?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Sandy and Roger's relationship end?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)