|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
2. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
3. What is Saadia Khan good at?
4. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
5. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
2. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
3. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
4. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
5. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
6. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
7. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
8. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
9. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
10. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death and mortality were two integral themes in this book. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this affect Pettigrew's relationships?
Essay Topic 2
What are the Churchills, and what significance do they have on the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 3
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)