|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
2. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
3. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
5. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
2. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
3. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
4. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
5. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
7. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
8. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
9. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
10. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is something that was very important to Pettigrew in his life. Where are some places that friendship appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Sandy gain favor in Pettigrew's eyes, and how does Pettigrew show this increased acceptance of her?
Essay Topic 3
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)