|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
2. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
3. Where did Mr. Pettigrew serve most of his time in the military?
4. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
5. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
2. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
3. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
4. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
5. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
6. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
7. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
8. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
9. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
10. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think is the main message sent through this book, and how is it displayed?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways the Major and Nancy showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)