|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
(a) The Browns.
(b) Roger and Sandy.
(c) The Khans.
(d) The Wahids.
2. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
(a) To see Mrs. Ali.
(b) To sell some land.
(c) To sell the guns.
(d) To find Sandy.
3. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
4. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
(a) A store.
(b) A church.
5. What happens after Roger's part of the dance?
(a) A fight.
(b) A cheer.
(c) None of these.
(d) An awkward silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
2. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
3. What is the name of Amina's son?
4. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
5. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
2. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
3. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
4. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
5. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
6. What secret is Amina keeping?
7. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
8. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
9. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
10. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)