|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
(a) Mrs. Ali leaves without saying goodbye.
(b) He got caught in a rain storm.
(c) He was out too late without sleep.
(d) His son is rude to him.
2. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
(a) Rose Lodge.
(b) The Golf Club.
(c) Amina's shop.
(d) Apple Cottage.
3. Why is Mrs. Ali seated where she is at the dance?
(a) The minorities are grouped together.
(b) She is front and center.
(c) It is in the darkest corner of the room.
(d) Pettigrew bought those spots.
4. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
(a) The Khans.
(b) The Browns.
(c) The Wahids.
(d) Roger and Sandy.
5. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the cricket field?
2. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
3. What is the name of Amina's son?
4. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
5. Why is Roger dressed differently than others at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
2. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
3. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
4. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
5. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
6. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
7. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
8. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
9. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
10. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)