|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
2. When does Roger usually visit his father?
(a) On weekends.
(b) On holidays.
(c) On work days.
(d) All of these.
3. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) He is denied his reward.
(b) They laugh at the play about his father.
(c) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
(d) He is insulted by his date choice.
4. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
(a) Rose Lodge.
(b) The Golf Club.
(c) Amina's shop.
(d) Apple Cottage.
5. What does Roger reveal on Christmas?
(a) He is leaving Sandy.
(b) He has been cheating on Sandy.
(c) He has plans with Gertrude.
(d) He is ready to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
2. Where does Amina work?
3. What does Sandy reveal right before Christmas?
4. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
5. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
2. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
4. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
5. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
6. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
7. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
8. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
9. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
10. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)