|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
(a) It is her duty.
(b) She knew of his secret.
(c) She loves him.
(d) It makes her feel safe.
3. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
(a) To go shooting.
(b) To get them appraised.
(c) To take them to market.
(d) To clean them.
4. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
(b) She helps fix the garden.
(c) She asks to hear some war stories.
(d) She promises to visit.
5. What is Mrs. Ali's nephew's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
2. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
3. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
4. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
5. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
2. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
3. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
4. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
5. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
6. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
7. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
8. What secret is Amina keeping?
9. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
10. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)