|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Mrs. Ali for the dance?
(a) Apple Cottage.
(b) Grace's house.
(c) His garden.
(d) The shop.
2. What kind of compromises does Pettigrew say are the most common?
3. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
(a) Roger offended some waiters.
(b) Roger was saying rude things about Mrs. Ali.
(c) Roger raised the credit limit.
(d) Roger has been to the club.
4. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
(a) She is totally ignored.
5. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
(a) Go after Sandy.
(b) Find a new girl.
(c) Buy his own house.
(d) Return to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew find Roger's dance attire ironic?
2. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
3. What ruined Roger's relationship?
4. Who is Pettigrew's favorite author?
5. How does Roger feel in his outfit for the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
2. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
3. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
4. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
5. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
6. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
7. What secret is Amina keeping?
8. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
9. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
10. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)