|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
(a) He starts a fight.
(b) He goes back to sleep.
(c) He asks to join.
(d) He laughs.
2. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
(a) She is passing out invitations.
(b) She makes the menus.
(c) She is in charge of the music.
(d) She is the dance leader.
3. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
(a) They need to fill another table.
(b) She will go with the theme.
(c) Major Pettigrew has requested her.
(d) She is making some of the food.
4. What does Pettigrew say annoys him most about men?
(a) Their arrogance.
(b) Their ignorance.
(c) Their hatred.
(d) Their inconsistency.
5. When does Roger usually visit his father?
(a) On weekends.
(b) On holidays.
(c) All of these.
(d) On work days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Amina's son?
2. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
3. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
4. What kind of compromises does Pettigrew say are the most common?
5. Who does Abdul marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
2. What secret is Amina keeping?
3. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
4. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
5. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
6. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
7. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
8. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
9. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
10. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)