|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roger put off his wedding?
(a) The cottage is beign fixed.
(b) Sandy is finishing her education.
(c) He wants his inheritance.
(d) It will hurt his career.
2. Who does Abdul marry?
3. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
(a) All of these.
(c) His books.
(d) Mrs. Ali.
4. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
(a) Her image.
(b) His image.
(d) Offending the dead.
5. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He asks the ladies to leave.
(b) He asks for a private word.
(c) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(d) He buys a bag of groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
2. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
3. What ruined Roger's relationship?
4. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
5. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
2. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
3. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
4. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
5. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
6. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
7. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
8. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
9. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
10. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)