|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
(a) They say Mrs. Ali is in charge.
(b) They tell him to not stare at them.
(c) They ask him to use the side door.
(d) They invite Mrs. Ali to the dance.
2. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Mrs. Ali for the dance?
(a) His garden.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) Grace's house.
(d) The shop.
3. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
(a) The Golf Club.
(b) Rose Lodge.
(c) Amina's shop.
(d) Apple Cottage.
4. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
(a) Their seriousness.
(b) Their brevity.
(c) Their ineptitude.
(d) Their lack of humor.
5. Who does Abdul marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
2. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
3. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
4. Who is Pettigrew's favorite author?
5. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
2. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
3. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
4. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
5. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
6. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
7. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
8. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
9. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
10. What secret is Amina keeping?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)