|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
(a) Lived with her fiance.
(b) Had an abortion.
(c) Wrote a book.
(d) Starred in a movie.
2. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He has an award to receive.
(b) He has done too much for him.
(c) He is too close to her.
(d) He has to take Grace home.
3. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
(a) She will go with the theme.
(b) They need to fill another table.
(c) Major Pettigrew has requested her.
(d) She is making some of the food.
4. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She helps fix the garden.
(b) She asks to hear some war stories.
(c) She promises to visit.
(d) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
5. What are people protesting against on Ferguson's land?
(a) Building on wild land.
(b) Killing ducks.
(c) Hunting out of season.
(d) Wasting iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pettigrew's favorite author?
2. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
3. Why is Roger dressed differently than others at the dance?
4. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
5. Why is Mrs. Ali seated where she is at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
2. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
3. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
4. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
5. What secret is Amina keeping?
6. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
7. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
8. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
9. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
10. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)