|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger feel in his outfit for the dance?
2. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
(a) Their brevity.
(b) Their ineptitude.
(c) Their lack of humor.
(d) Their seriousness.
3. What does Pettigrew say annoys him most about men?
(a) Their arrogance.
(b) Their hatred.
(c) Their ignorance.
(d) Their inconsistency.
4. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
(a) There are certain meats he cannot eat.
(b) He is not to be near women.
(c) He struggles with the language.
(d) There are societal rules he is not yet aware of.
5. What does Sandy reveal right before Christmas?
(a) She is leaving Roger.
(b) She is being deported.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has been cheating on Roger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amina work?
2. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
3. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
4. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
5. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
2. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
3. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
4. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
5. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
6. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
7. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
8. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
9. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
10. What secret is Amina keeping?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)