|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
(a) He goes back to sleep.
(b) He starts a fight.
(c) He asks to join.
(d) He laughs.
2. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
(a) The shop.
(b) Grace's house.
(c) His garden.
(d) Apple Cottage.
3. What does Roger wear to the dance?
(a) Indian robes.
(b) His father's suit.
(c) His grandfather's uniform.
(d) A new tuxedo.
4. What does Amina keep talking about with Pettigrew at the rehearsal?
(a) Roger's engagement.
(b) His deceased wife.
(c) Mrs. Ali.
(d) The dance.
5. What is the name of Amina's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
2. What does Gertrude want to contact Roger about?
3. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
4. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
5. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
2. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
3. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
4. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
5. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
6. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
7. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
8. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
9. What secret is Amina keeping?
10. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)