|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruined Roger's relationship?
(a) He proposed in a rude way.
(b) He lost some money.
(c) He cheated on Sandy.
(d) He stopped loving Sandy.
2. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
3. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
(b) He is denied his reward.
(c) They laugh at the play about his father.
(d) He is insulted by his date choice.
4. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
(a) To sell the guns.
(b) To find Sandy.
(c) To see Mrs. Ali.
(d) To sell some land.
5. Why does Pettigrew agree to go out with Alec?
(a) He wants to avoid a planning meeting.
(b) He knows an outing would be good for him.
(c) He hopes to see Mrs. Ali there.
(d) Roger tells him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
2. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
3. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
4. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
5. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
2. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
3. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
4. What secret is Amina keeping?
5. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
6. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
7. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
8. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
9. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
10. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)