|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
(a) Buy his own house.
(b) Return to London.
(c) Find a new girl.
(d) Go after Sandy.
2. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
(a) Roger has been to the club.
(b) Roger raised the credit limit.
(c) Roger offended some waiters.
(d) Roger was saying rude things about Mrs. Ali.
3. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
(a) It makes her feel safe.
(b) It is her duty.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She knew of his secret.
4. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
(b) Mrs. Ali.
5. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
(a) Getting Alim in trouble.
(b) Getting Bertie's guns.
(c) Finding a renter.
(d) Selling his land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
2. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
3. What ruined Roger's relationship?
4. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
5. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
2. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
3. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
4. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
5. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
6. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
7. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
8. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
9. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
10. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)