|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
(a) Getting his award.
(b) Not going with her.
(c) All of these.
(d) Not defending her.
2. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
(a) His image.
(c) Offending the dead.
(d) Her image.
3. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
(a) He finds it absurd.
(b) He understands completely.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is disappointed.
4. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
(a) Apple Cottage.
(b) The shop.
(c) His garden.
(d) Grace's house.
5. What ruined Roger's relationship?
(a) He cheated on Sandy.
(b) He stopped loving Sandy.
(c) He lost some money.
(d) He proposed in a rude way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
2. When does Roger usually visit his father?
3. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Mrs. Ali for the dance?
4. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
5. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
2. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
3. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
4. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
5. What secret is Amina keeping?
6. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
7. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
8. What is Pettigrew asked to do about Lord Dagenham's land?
9. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
10. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)