|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
(a) All of these.
(b) The lack of care they give their children.
(c) The over protection of their children.
(d) The unwarranted boasting of the children.
2. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He has to take Grace home.
(b) He has done too much for him.
(c) He is too close to her.
(d) He has an award to receive.
3. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
(a) All of these.
(c) His books.
(d) Mrs. Ali.
4. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
(a) Find a new girl.
(b) Return to London.
(c) Go after Sandy.
(d) Buy his own house.
5. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
(a) Mrs. Ali leaves without saying goodbye.
(b) His son is rude to him.
(c) He was out too late without sleep.
(d) He got caught in a rain storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
2. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
3. What is the name of Amina's son?
4. What are people protesting against on Ferguson's land?
5. Why does Pettigrew agree to go out with Alec?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
2. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
3. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
4. Why does Pettigrew propose to Grace?
5. What secret is Amina keeping?
6. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
7. Why doesn't Abdul marry the woman he loves?
8. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
9. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
10. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)