|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amina work?
(a) Mrs. Ali's store.
(b) The church.
(c) The golf club.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
2. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He asks for a private word.
(b) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(c) He asks the ladies to leave.
(d) He buys a bag of groceries.
3. What is Mrs. Ali's nephew's name?
4. Who owns the cricket field?
(a) Lord Dagenham.
(b) Count Donblooth.
(c) Lady Dagwood.
(d) Countess Digworth.
5. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
(a) Go after Sandy.
(b) Find a new girl.
(c) Return to London.
(d) Buy his own house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
2. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
3. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
4. What is the name of Amina's son?
5. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
2. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
3. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
4. How does Roger try to get Abdul out of his father's house?
5. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
6. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
7. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
8. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
9. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
10. Why does Roger want to pursue Gertrude?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)