|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
(a) Getting his award.
(b) All of these.
(c) Not going with her.
(d) Not defending her.
2. Who does Abdul marry?
3. What does Pettigrew say annoys him most about men?
(a) Their inconsistency.
(b) Their ignorance.
(c) Their arrogance.
(d) Their hatred.
4. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(b) He asks for a private word.
(c) He buys a bag of groceries.
(d) He asks the ladies to leave.
5. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A bush.
(b) A sign post.
(c) A fence.
(d) A mail box.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
3. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
4. Why does Grace refuse to marry Pettigrew?
5. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)