|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
(a) The lack of care they give their children.
(b) The over protection of their children.
(c) The unwarranted boasting of the children.
(d) All of these.
2. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
(a) Amina's shop.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) The Golf Club.
(d) Rose Lodge.
3. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
(b) Offending the dead.
(c) Her image.
(d) His image.
4. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) He has other plans.
(b) None of these.
(c) He is distraught.
(d) He is sick.
5. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She promises to visit.
(b) She helps fix the garden.
(c) She asks to hear some war stories.
(d) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
2. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
3. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
4. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
5. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
3. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
4. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
5. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
6. What causes the chaos on Lord Dagenham's land during the shooting?
7. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
8. How does Grace respond to Pettigrew's proposal and why?
9. What inconvenience does Roger cause his father at the dance?
10. What does Roger brag about after the shooting party?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)