|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
(a) He starts a fight.
(b) He asks to join.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He goes back to sleep.
2. Why is Roger dressed differently than others at the dance?
(a) He wants to make a statement.
(b) He is in the play.
(c) He didn't know about the theme.
(d) Sandy dressed him.
3. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
(a) Rose Lodge.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) Amina's shop.
(d) The Golf Club.
4. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
(a) To clean them.
(b) To take them to market.
(c) To go shooting.
(d) To get them appraised.
5. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) They laugh at the play about his father.
(b) He is denied his reward.
(c) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
(d) He is insulted by his date choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
2. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
3. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
4. What happens after Roger's part of the dance?
5. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
2. Why do Roger and Sandy break up?
3. How does Pettigrew feel when he picks Mrs. Ali up for the dance?
4. What does Pettigrew say after Roger's bragging after the party?
5. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
6. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to do after the dance?
7. How do the club ladies hope to honor Pettigrew's father at the dance?
8. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
9. What secret is Amina keeping?
10. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)