|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
(a) He doesn't want others to know of his new friendship.
(b) He knows Roger will dislike him leaving the house.
(c) He lied about where he is.
(d) He hates children.
2. What bothers Pettigrew most about looking at Roger's cottage?
(a) Roger is rude to him.
(b) He doesn't want to move.
(c) He is missing out on time with Mrs. Ali.
(d) Roger gave him short notice.
3. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
5. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A bathrobe.
(c) His wife's housecoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
2. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
3. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
4. What is Mrs. Ali's first name?
5. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
2. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
3. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
4. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
5. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
6. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
7. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
8. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
9. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
10. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)