|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappoints Mr. Pettigrew at the funeral?
(a) The service is too short.
(b) His daughter wore white.
(c) His son never arrives.
(d) There is not enough crying.
2. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The porch.
(b) The pond.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The garden.
3. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
(a) Her bad manners.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her social status.
(d) Her ethnicity.
4. How does Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son treat him?
5. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) Mrs. Ali.
(d) Mrs. Ali's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
2. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
3. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
4. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
5. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
2. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
4. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
5. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
6. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
7. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
8. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
9. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
10. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)