|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alec's wife need help choosing for the event she is planning?
(a) A menu.
(b) A theme.
(c) A guest list.
(d) A venue.
2. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
(a) She should get re-married.
(b) She should sell her hotel.
(c) She should move back to Pakistan.
(d) She should retire.
3. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
4. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
(a) Rose Grove.
(b) Rose Bunch.
(c) Rose Lodge.
(d) Rose Corner.
5. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The city center.
(b) The golf club.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The Elk's club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
2. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
3. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
4. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
5. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
2. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
3. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
5. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
6. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
7. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
8. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
9. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
10. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)