|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son treat him?
2. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
3. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A tuxedo.
(d) His wife's housecoat.
4. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
5. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
(d) Reverend Shultz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
2. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
3. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
4. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
5. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
2. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
3. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
4. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
5. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
6. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
7. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
8. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
9. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
10. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)