|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
(a) A courrier.
(b) His son.
(c) His mail-man.
(d) His sister-in-law.
2. What is Alec's wife planning?
(a) A dance.
(b) A charity.
(c) A banquet.
(d) An auction.
3. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(a) A book.
(b) The golf club dance.
(d) The will.
4. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
5. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
2. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
3. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
4. Where was Mrs. Ali born?
5. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
3. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
4. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
5. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
6. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
7. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
8. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
9. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
10. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)