|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
2. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
(a) Selling her mother's house.
(b) Tweaking the policies of the will.
(c) Selling the Churchills.
(d) Using her inheritance.
3. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
(a) He doesn't know much about it.
(b) He is ashamed of it.
(c) He cherishes it.
(d) He can take it or leave it.
4. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
(a) Her bad manners.
(b) Her ethnicity.
(c) Her social status.
(d) Her clothing.
5. What is the Major's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
2. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
3. What is Alec's wife planning?
4. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
5. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
3. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
4. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
5. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
6. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
7. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
8. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
9. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
10. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)