|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
(a) Her ethnicity.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her social status.
(d) Her bad manners.
2. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
(a) He can't get across the bridge.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He doesn't have enough gas.
(d) He doesn't want to.
3. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
(a) He knows Roger will dislike him leaving the house.
(b) He doesn't want others to know of his new friendship.
(c) He lied about where he is.
(d) He hates children.
4. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
(a) He has to take Mrs. Ali home.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He has to milk his cow.
(d) He is sick.
5. How does Pettigrew feel about the first cottage Roger shows him?
(a) It is old.
(b) It is tiny.
(c) It is disgusting.
(d) It is charming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son treat him?
2. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
3. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
4. What bothers Pettigrew most about looking at Roger's cottage?
5. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
2. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
3. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
4. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
5. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
6. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
7. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
8. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
9. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
10. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)