|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife's housecoat.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A bathrobe.
2. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
(b) Polar Bear.
3. What is the Major's brother's name?
4. What is Alec's wife planning?
(a) A banquet.
(b) A charity.
(c) A dance.
(d) An auction.
5. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
2. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
3. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
4. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
5. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
2. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
3. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
4. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
5. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
6. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
7. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
8. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
9. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
10. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)