|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
(a) He doesn't have enough gas.
(b) He can't get across the bridge.
(c) He doesn't want to.
(d) He is too busy.
2. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
3. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(b) A book.
(c) The golf club dance.
(d) The will.
4. What is the Major's brother's name?
5. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(a) Getting ready to eat out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
2. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Alec's last name?
4. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
5. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
2. What does Jasmina's father want for his future?
3. What tragedy occurs at the cliff?
4. What does the secretary say to offend Amina?
5. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Pettigrew realize when Roger and Sandy break up?
7. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
8. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
9. Why does Pettigrew take the protestors on Ferguson's land seriously?
10. What do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to do for the dance?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)