|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ali's first name?
2. How did the Last Days of Pompeii party go?
(a) It was amazing.
(b) It was a disaster.
(c) It was rained out.
(d) It was offensive.
3. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
4. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
(a) Her son's boots.
(b) A down jacket.
(c) Her husband's jacket.
(d) A robe.
5. Where did Mr. Pettigrew serve most of his time in the military?
(c) East Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alec's wife planning?
2. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
3. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
4. What does Jemima need money for?
5. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
3. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
4. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
5. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
6. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
7. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
8. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
9. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
10. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)