|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
(a) His children live far away.
(b) His wife died.
(c) He is divorced.
(d) He is poor.
2. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
(a) He doesn't want to.
(b) His daughter won't let him.
(c) He is too weak.
(d) It is not proper.
3. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
4. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
(a) It is appropriate.
(b) It is not enough.
(c) It is strange.
(d) It is too much.
5. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The golf club.
(c) The Elk's club.
(d) The city center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
2. What do Sandy and Mrs. Augerspier discuss?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
4. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
5. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
2. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
5. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
6. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
7. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
8. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
9. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
10. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)