|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) War wound.
(d) Old age.
2. What do Sandy and Mrs. Augerspier discuss?
3. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
(a) Spoil them.
(b) Discipline them.
(c) Through natural means.
(d) Get a nanny.
4. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
(b) Botanical flowers.
(c) Wild flowers.
(d) Fake flowers.
5. What is Mrs. De Vere's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
2. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
3. What does Jemima need money for?
4. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
5. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
2. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
3. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
4. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
6. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
7. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
8. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
9. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
10. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)