|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
(a) Her social status.
(b) Her ethnicity.
(c) Her bad manners.
(d) Her clothing.
2. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
(a) How she reads literature.
(b) Her cooking.
(c) The way she speaks.
(d) Her history.
3. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
(a) He doesn't know much about it.
(b) He is ashamed of it.
(c) He can take it or leave it.
(d) He cherishes it.
4. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
5. What is Alec's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
2. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
3. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
4. What is Mrs. De Vere's first name?
5. How long of a lease does Roger take on the first cottage he sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
2. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
3. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
4. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
5. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
6. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
7. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
8. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
9. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
10. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)