|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He has to milk his cow.
(c) He has an appointment.
(d) He has to take Mrs. Ali home.
2. How does Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son treat him?
3. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
(a) It is not enough.
(b) It is strange.
(c) It is appropriate.
(d) It is too much.
4. What does Alec's wife need help choosing for the event she is planning?
(a) A venue.
(b) A menu.
(c) A theme.
(d) A guest list.
5. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
2. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
3. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
4. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
5. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
2. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
3. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
4. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
5. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
6. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
7. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
8. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
9. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
10. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)