|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
2. What is Saadia Khan good at?
3. What is Alec's wife planning?
(a) A charity.
(b) An auction.
(c) A dance.
(d) A banquet.
4. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The women.
(c) The colors.
(d) The decor.
5. How did the Last Days of Pompeii party go?
(a) It was amazing.
(b) It was a disaster.
(c) It was rained out.
(d) It was offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
2. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
3. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
4. How does Pettigrew feel about the first cottage Roger shows him?
5. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
2. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
3. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
5. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
6. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
7. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
8. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
9. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
10. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)