|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. De Vere's first name?
2. What is the Major's brother's name?
3. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
(a) Botanical flowers.
(b) Fake flowers.
(c) Wild flowers.
4. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
(a) His children live far away.
(b) He is poor.
(c) His wife died.
(d) He is divorced.
5. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
(a) He is too weak.
(b) He doesn't want to.
(c) It is not proper.
(d) His daughter won't let him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
2. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
3. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
4. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
5. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
2. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
3. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
4. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
5. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
6. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
7. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
8. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
9. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
10. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)