|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
(a) Roger has money for a summer cottage.
(b) An engagement is announced.
(c) Sandy is always with Roger.
(d) Mrs. Ali goes home with Grace.
2. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(a) The will.
(b) A book.
(c) The golf club dance.
3. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
(a) All the flowers his wife loved.
(b) All the beauty of his world.
(c) All the things that are wrong with it.
(d) All the flowers Mrs. Ali loves.
4. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
(a) Her social status.
(b) Her ethnicity.
(c) Her bad manners.
(d) Her clothing.
5. Where was Mrs. Ali born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
2. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
3. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
4. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
5. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
2. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
3. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
4. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
5. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
6. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
7. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
8. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
9. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
10. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)