|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
(a) Tweaking the policies of the will.
(b) Using her inheritance.
(c) Selling the Churchills.
(d) Selling her mother's house.
2. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother.
3. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
(a) The colors.
(b) The decor.
(c) The clothing.
(d) The women.
4. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
(a) He is too weak.
(b) He doesn't want to.
(c) It is not proper.
(d) His daughter won't let him.
5. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
(a) All the flowers Mrs. Ali loves.
(b) All the beauty of his world.
(c) All the flowers his wife loved.
(d) All the things that are wrong with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
2. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
4. How long of a lease does Roger take on the first cottage he sees?
5. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
2. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
3. What does Mr. Rasool do at the dance?
4. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
5. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
6. What saves Christmas for Major Pettigrew?
7. Why does Mrs. Ali tell Major Pettigrew to stay at the dance when she leaves?
8. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
9. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
10. Why can't the park rangers help Abdul?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)