|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
(a) A robe.
(b) A down jacket.
(c) Her husband's jacket.
(d) Her son's boots.
2. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
(b) He is depressed and missing his wife.
(c) He is in shock about his brother's death.
(d) He has a head cold.
3. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
(a) The pool.
(b) The bar.
(c) The store.
(d) The golf course.
4. What is Alec's wife planning?
(a) A dance.
(b) A banquet.
(c) An auction.
(d) A charity.
5. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
(a) He cherishes it.
(b) He is ashamed of it.
(c) He can take it or leave it.
(d) He doesn't know much about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
2. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
3. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son?
4. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
5. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
2. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
3. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
4. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
5. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
6. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
7. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
8. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
9. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
10. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)