|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son?
2. How did the Last Days of Pompeii party go?
(a) It was a disaster.
(b) It was rained out.
(c) It was amazing.
(d) It was offensive.
3. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is depressed and missing his wife.
(b) He is in shock about his brother's death.
(c) He has a head cold.
(d) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
5. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
2. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
3. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Jemima need money for?
5. What do Sandy and Mrs. Augerspier discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
2. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
3. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
4. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
5. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
6. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
7. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
8. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
9. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
10. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)