|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ali's first name?
2. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) Mrs. Ali's nephew.
3. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
(a) Through natural means.
(b) Get a nanny.
(c) Discipline them.
(d) Spoil them.
4. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
(b) Fake flowers.
(c) Wild flowers.
(d) Botanical flowers.
5. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
2. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
3. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
4. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
5. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
2. Why does Mrs. Ali feel so down about her life at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
4. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
5. How does Major Pettigrew feel about the wives of the golf club?
6. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
7. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
8. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
9. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
10. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)