|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
(a) Old age.
(b) War wound.
(c) Heart attack.
2. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
(a) To show Mrs. Ali a good time.
(b) To taste wine.
(c) To see the museum.
(d) To sell the pistols.
3. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
4. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
5. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
(a) Plum Cottage.
(b) Berry Cottage.
(c) Peach Cottage.
(d) Apple Cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
3. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
4. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
5. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pettigrew so hesitant to make love to Jasmina?
2. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
3. What happened to the black actress at the club, and why?
4. What bothers Pettigrew about the way Jasmina's family treats her?
5. Why has Mrs. Ali allowed her nephew to help in his store?
6. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
7. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
8. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
9. How does Major Pettigrew describe his village?
10. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)