|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is depressed and missing his wife.
(b) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
(c) He has a head cold.
(d) He is in shock about his brother's death.
3. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
(a) All the flowers Mrs. Ali loves.
(b) All the things that are wrong with it.
(c) All the flowers his wife loved.
(d) All the beauty of his world.
4. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Tourist shop.
5. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son treat him?
2. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
3. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
4. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
5. Who did Mr. Pettigrew serve with in the Military?
Short Essay Questions
1. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
2. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
3. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
4. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
5. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
6. What mistake does Sandy make when meeting Major Pettigrew?
7. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
8. Who is Jemima, and what does Major Pettigrew think of her?
9. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
10. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)