|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
(a) Her ethnicity.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her bad manners.
(d) Her social status.
2. What bothers Pettigrew most about looking at Roger's cottage?
(a) Roger gave him short notice.
(b) Roger is rude to him.
(c) He is missing out on time with Mrs. Ali.
(d) He doesn't want to move.
3. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
4. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
(a) He lied about where he is.
(b) He hates children.
(c) He knows Roger will dislike him leaving the house.
(d) He doesn't want others to know of his new friendship.
5. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
2. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
3. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
4. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
5. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
2. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
3. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
4. What makes Roger stick out in the crowd at the funeral proceedings?
5. What does Major Pettigrew suggest for the golf club dance?
6. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
7. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
8. How does Major Pettigrew prepare for his tea with Mrs. Ali?
9. What does Major Pettigrew about after the funeral, and why?
10. Why does Major Pettigrew go to Tewkesberry and Teale?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)