|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(a) Getting ready to eat out.
2. How long of a lease does Roger take on the first cottage he sees?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 months.
3. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The women.
(c) The decor.
(d) The colors.
4. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
(a) To repair them.
(b) To hunt with.
(c) To sell them.
(d) To hide them.
5. What is Saadia Khan good at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
2. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
3. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
4. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
5. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
2. What is Major Pettigrew thinking about while he is in his garden with Mrs. Ali?
3. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
4. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
5. What is the pretense for Major Pettigrew's tea with Mrs. Ali?
6. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
7. How is Grace's sudden illness a good thing for Pettigrew?
8. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
9. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
10. Please describe Mrs. Ali's store.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)