|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
(b) Tourist shop.
(c) Grocery store.
2. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
3. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(a) The golf club dance.
(c) A book.
(d) The will.
4. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
(a) To taste wine.
(b) To see the museum.
(c) To show Mrs. Ali a good time.
(d) To sell the pistols.
5. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
(a) Rose Lodge.
(b) Rose Grove.
(c) Rose Corner.
(d) Rose Bunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
2. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
3. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
4. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
5. Who did Mr. Pettigrew serve with in the Military?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Major Pettigrew blame for the things he doesn't like about Sandy?
2. Why is it hard for Major Pettigrew to visit his sister-in-law after the funeral?
3. How does Mrs. Khan treat Mrs. Ali, and why?
4. How does Major Pettigrew change in his thoughts towards Mrs. Ali at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Jemima want to do with her father's guns?
6. How does Sandy react to seeing Apple Cottage?
7. How did people respond to Pettigrew's suggestion for the golf club dance?
8. How does Pettigrew protect his brother's guns?
9. What does Major Pettigrew love about the walk into town?
10. Why is Mrs. Ali hesitant to get too close to Major Pettigrew?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)