|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A mail box.
(b) A sign post.
(c) A bush.
(d) A fence.
2. Why is Roger dressed differently than others at the dance?
(a) He is in the play.
(b) Sandy dressed him.
(c) He wants to make a statement.
(d) He didn't know about the theme.
3. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
(a) Her image.
(b) Offending the dead.
(d) His image.
4. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
(a) He does not shoot well.
(b) He disapproves of Pakistanis.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is selling his land.
5. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
(a) Break things off with Mrs. Ali.
(b) Take his guns back.
(c) Give a speech.
(d) Buy his land.
6. What does Gertrude want to contact Roger about?
(a) A dance.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A contract.
(d) A play.
7. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
(c) A church.
(d) A store.
8. What does Roger wear to the dance?
(a) A new tuxedo.
(b) His grandfather's uniform.
(c) His father's suit.
(d) Indian robes.
9. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He writes.
(c) He finds a new girl.
(d) He works hard.
10. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
(a) Roger was saying rude things about Mrs. Ali.
(b) Roger raised the credit limit.
(c) Roger offended some waiters.
(d) Roger has been to the club.
11. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
(a) Put out.
12. Why does Pettigrew agree to go out with Alec?
(a) Roger tells him to.
(b) He hopes to see Mrs. Ali there.
(c) He knows an outing would be good for him.
(d) He wants to avoid a planning meeting.
13. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He asks to join.
(c) He starts a fight.
(d) He goes back to sleep.
14. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
(a) The lack of care they give their children.
(b) All of these.
(c) The unwarranted boasting of the children.
(d) The over protection of their children.
15. When does Roger usually visit his father?
(a) On work days.
(b) On weekends.
(c) On holidays.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of compromises does Pettigrew say are the most common?
2. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
4. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
5. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)