|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
(a) He starts a fight.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He goes back to sleep.
(d) He asks to join.
2. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
(b) Mrs. Ali.
3. Why does Roger put off his wedding?
(a) Sandy is finishing her education.
(b) It will hurt his career.
(c) The cottage is beign fixed.
(d) He wants his inheritance.
4. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
(a) Lived with her fiance.
(b) Had an abortion.
(c) Wrote a book.
(d) Starred in a movie.
5. What does the Major take Amina's child to do?
(a) Buy an ice cream cone.
(b) Fly a kite.
(c) Sail a toy boat.
(d) Visit his father.
6. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
(a) Go after Sandy.
(b) Return to London.
(c) Find a new girl.
(d) Buy his own house.
7. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
(a) She will go with the theme.
(b) They need to fill another table.
(c) Major Pettigrew has requested her.
(d) She is making some of the food.
8. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He has done too much for him.
(b) He is too close to her.
(c) He has an award to receive.
(d) He has to take Grace home.
9. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A fence.
(b) A mail box.
(c) A sign post.
(d) A bush.
10. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
(a) Take his guns back.
(b) Buy his land.
(c) Give a speech.
(d) Break things off with Mrs. Ali.
11. What does Roger wear to the dance?
(a) A new tuxedo.
(b) His grandfather's uniform.
(c) His father's suit.
(d) Indian robes.
12. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) He is sick.
(b) None of these.
(c) He is distraught.
(d) He has other plans.
13. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He buys a bag of groceries.
(b) He asks for a private word.
(c) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(d) He asks the ladies to leave.
14. What would Pettigrew have preferred to losing Sandy?
(a) Losing Grace.
(b) Losing Roger.
(c) Losing Abdul.
(d) Losing Jasmina.
15. What does Roger reveal on Christmas?
(a) He has been cheating on Sandy.
(b) He has plans with Gertrude.
(c) He is leaving Sandy.
(d) He is ready to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
2. What does Pettigrew say annoys him most about men?
3. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
4. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
5. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)