|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger feel in his outfit for the dance?
2. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
(a) They ask him to use the side door.
(b) They tell him to not stare at them.
(c) They say Mrs. Ali is in charge.
(d) They invite Mrs. Ali to the dance.
3. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
(a) Getting Alim in trouble.
(b) Finding a renter.
(c) Getting Bertie's guns.
(d) Selling his land.
4. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
(a) Social objections.
(b) Financial objections.
(c) Cultural objections.
(d) Religious objections.
5. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
6. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
(a) Mrs. Ali leaves without saying goodbye.
(b) His son is rude to him.
(c) He was out too late without sleep.
(d) He got caught in a rain storm.
7. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He has other plans.
(c) He is distraught.
(d) None of these.
8. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A fence.
(b) A mail box.
(c) A sign post.
(d) A bush.
9. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
(a) Her image.
(b) His image.
(d) Offending the dead.
10. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
(a) Getting his award.
(b) Not going with her.
(c) Not defending her.
(d) All of these.
11. What is the name of Amina's son?
12. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
(a) She is passing out invitations.
(b) She is the dance leader.
(c) She is in charge of the music.
(d) She makes the menus.
13. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
(b) She is totally ignored.
14. Why does Pettigrew find Roger's dance attire ironic?
(a) He seems over dressed.
(b) He hates the military.
(c) He is too big for the uniform.
(d) He looks natural in it.
15. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
(d) Mrs. Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
2. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
3. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
4. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
5. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)