|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A mail box.
(b) A bush.
(c) A sign post.
(d) A fence.
2. Why does Pettigrew agree to go out with Alec?
(a) He hopes to see Mrs. Ali there.
(b) He knows an outing would be good for him.
(c) He wants to avoid a planning meeting.
(d) Roger tells him to.
3. What does Amina keep talking about with Pettigrew at the rehearsal?
(a) The dance.
(b) Roger's engagement.
(c) His deceased wife.
(d) Mrs. Ali.
4. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) He has other plans.
(b) He is distraught.
(c) None of these.
(d) He is sick.
5. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He has to take Grace home.
(b) He has done too much for him.
(c) He is too close to her.
(d) He has an award to receive.
6. Why is Roger dressed differently than others at the dance?
(a) He is in the play.
(b) Sandy dressed him.
(c) He didn't know about the theme.
(d) He wants to make a statement.
7. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
(a) He disapproves of Pakistanis.
(b) He does not shoot well.
(c) He is selling his land.
(d) He is rude.
8. What does Gertrude want to contact Roger about?
(a) A dance.
(b) A play.
(c) A contract.
(d) A cottage.
9. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
(a) Offending the dead.
(b) His image.
(c) Her image.
10. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
(a) Starred in a movie.
(b) Wrote a book.
(c) Lived with her fiance.
(d) Had an abortion.
11. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
(a) To go shooting.
(b) To clean them.
(c) To take them to market.
(d) To get them appraised.
12. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
(d) Mrs. Ali.
13. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
(a) Getting Bertie's guns.
(b) Selling his land.
(c) Getting Alim in trouble.
(d) Finding a renter.
14. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
(a) Financial objections.
(b) Religious objections.
(c) Social objections.
(d) Cultural objections.
15. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
(a) It is her duty.
(b) She loves him.
(c) It makes her feel safe.
(d) She knew of his secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Pettigrew have preferred to losing Sandy?
2. Who owns the cricket field?
3. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
4. Who is Pettigrew's favorite author?
5. Why does Pettigrew find Roger's dance attire ironic?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)