|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
(a) To find Sandy.
(b) To sell some land.
(c) To see Mrs. Ali.
(d) To sell the guns.
2. What are people protesting against on Ferguson's land?
(a) Wasting iron.
(b) Hunting out of season.
(c) Building on wild land.
(d) Killing ducks.
3. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) None of these.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is distraught.
(d) He has other plans.
4. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Mrs. Ali for the dance?
(a) Grace's house.
(b) His garden.
(c) The shop.
(d) Apple Cottage.
5. What does Gertrude want to contact Roger about?
(a) A dance.
(b) A play.
(c) A contract.
(d) A cottage.
6. What is Mrs. Ali's nephew's name?
7. What ruined Roger's relationship?
(a) He lost some money.
(b) He cheated on Sandy.
(c) He stopped loving Sandy.
(d) He proposed in a rude way.
8. What does Pettigrew say annoys him most about men?
(a) Their ignorance.
(b) Their hatred.
(c) Their inconsistency.
(d) Their arrogance.
9. Who is Pettigrew's favorite author?
10. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
(a) Their ineptitude.
(b) Their lack of humor.
(c) Their seriousness.
(d) Their brevity.
11. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
(a) Lived with her fiance.
(b) Had an abortion.
(c) Starred in a movie.
(d) Wrote a book.
12. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
(a) The unwarranted boasting of the children.
(b) All of these.
(c) The over protection of their children.
(d) The lack of care they give their children.
13. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
(d) She is totally ignored.
14. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
(c) Mrs. Ali.
15. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
(a) The Wahids.
(b) The Browns.
(c) Roger and Sandy.
(d) The Khans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
2. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
3. What is the name of Amina's son?
4. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
5. What kind of compromises does Pettigrew say are the most common?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)