|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina keep talking about with Pettigrew at the rehearsal?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
(b) His deceased wife.
(c) The dance.
(d) Roger's engagement.
2. What does Gertrude want to contact Roger about?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A contract.
(c) A play.
(d) A dance.
3. Who does Abdul marry?
4. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
(a) He writes.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He works hard.
(d) He finds a new girl.
5. What does Roger wear to the dance?
(a) Indian robes.
(b) A new tuxedo.
(c) His father's suit.
(d) His grandfather's uniform.
6. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He has an award to receive.
(b) He is too close to her.
(c) He has to take Grace home.
(d) He has done too much for him.
7. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
(a) Getting his award.
(b) Not going with her.
(c) All of these.
(d) Not defending her.
8. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She has family obligations.
(b) She is being deported.
(c) She is in love with Pettigrew.
(d) She is offended at the dance.
9. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
(a) To sell some land.
(b) To find Sandy.
(c) To sell the guns.
(d) To see Mrs. Ali.
10. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
(a) The Wahids.
(b) The Browns.
(c) The Khans.
(d) Roger and Sandy.
11. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
(a) To take them to market.
(b) To clean them.
(c) To get them appraised.
(d) To go shooting.
12. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
(a) Buy his land.
(b) Break things off with Mrs. Ali.
(c) Take his guns back.
(d) Give a speech.
13. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
(a) Amina's shop.
(b) Rose Lodge.
(c) The Golf Club.
(d) Apple Cottage.
14. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
(c) She is totally ignored.
15. Why does Roger put off his wedding?
(a) It will hurt his career.
(b) The cottage is beign fixed.
(c) He wants his inheritance.
(d) Sandy is finishing her education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruined Roger's relationship?
2. Where does Amina work?
3. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
4. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
5. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)