|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She has family obligations.
(b) She is being deported.
(c) She is in love with Pettigrew.
(d) She is offended at the dance.
2. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A mail box.
(b) A bush.
(c) A sign post.
(d) A fence.
3. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
(a) A cough.
(b) An infection.
(c) A fever.
(d) A heart palpitation.
4. What does Roger reveal on Christmas?
(a) He is ready to get married.
(b) He is leaving Sandy.
(c) He has plans with Gertrude.
(d) He has been cheating on Sandy.
5. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
(a) The Golf Club.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) Rose Lodge.
(d) Amina's shop.
6. When does Roger usually visit his father?
(a) All of these.
(b) On work days.
(c) On holidays.
(d) On weekends.
7. Where does Amina work?
(a) The golf club.
(b) Mrs. Ali's store.
(c) The church.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
8. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
(a) They ask him to use the side door.
(b) They say Mrs. Ali is in charge.
(c) They invite Mrs. Ali to the dance.
(d) They tell him to not stare at them.
9. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
10. What happens after Roger's part of the dance?
(a) A cheer.
(b) An awkward silence.
(c) A fight.
(d) None of these.
11. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He writes.
(c) He works hard.
(d) He finds a new girl.
12. What is the name of Amina's son?
13. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
(a) Religious objections.
(b) Social objections.
(c) Cultural objections.
(d) Financial objections.
14. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
(a) She is passing out invitations.
(b) She is in charge of the music.
(c) She is the dance leader.
(d) She makes the menus.
15. Why does Grace refuse to marry Pettigrew?
(a) He will die soon.
(b) She knows he is in love with Mrs. Ali.
(c) She doesn't plan to marry.
(d) He is not rich enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
2. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
3. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
4. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
5. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)