|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
(a) The lack of care they give their children.
(b) The over protection of their children.
(c) All of these.
(d) The unwarranted boasting of the children.
2. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
(c) His books.
(d) All of these.
3. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Mrs. Ali for the dance?
(a) His garden.
(b) Grace's house.
(c) Apple Cottage.
(d) The shop.
4. Why is Roger dressed differently than others at the dance?
(a) Sandy dressed him.
(b) He didn't know about the theme.
(c) He wants to make a statement.
(d) He is in the play.
5. Why does Grace refuse to marry Pettigrew?
(a) She knows he is in love with Mrs. Ali.
(b) He will die soon.
(c) She doesn't plan to marry.
(d) He is not rich enough.
6. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
7. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
(a) Allows him to live at his home.
(b) Gives him some money.
(c) All of these.
(d) Hires him to work in the garden.
8. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
(a) He is selling his land.
(b) He does not shoot well.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He disapproves of Pakistanis.
9. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
(a) Finding a renter.
(b) Selling his land.
(c) Getting Alim in trouble.
(d) Getting Bertie's guns.
10. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
11. Where does Amina work?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(b) Mrs. Ali's store.
(c) The golf club.
(d) The church.
12. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) He is denied his reward.
(b) He is insulted by his date choice.
(c) They laugh at the play about his father.
(d) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
13. What does the Major take Amina's child to do?
(a) Fly a kite.
(b) Visit his father.
(c) Buy an ice cream cone.
(d) Sail a toy boat.
14. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She promises to visit.
(b) She asks to hear some war stories.
(c) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
(d) She helps fix the garden.
15. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
(a) It is her duty.
(b) It makes her feel safe.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She knew of his secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
2. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
3. What does Roger reveal on Christmas?
4. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
5. What does Roger wear to the dance?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)