|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Amina's son?
2. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
(a) To sell the guns.
(b) To see Mrs. Ali.
(c) To find Sandy.
(d) To sell some land.
3. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
(a) Starred in a movie.
(b) Wrote a book.
(c) Had an abortion.
(d) Lived with her fiance.
4. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
(a) The Browns.
(b) Roger and Sandy.
(c) The Khans.
(d) The Wahids.
5. Why does Pettigrew find Roger's dance attire ironic?
(a) He looks natural in it.
(b) He seems over dressed.
(c) He is too big for the uniform.
(d) He hates the military.
6. Who owns the cricket field?
(a) Lady Dagwood.
(b) Lord Dagenham.
(c) Countess Digworth.
(d) Count Donblooth.
7. What does Sandy reveal right before Christmas?
(a) She is being deported.
(b) She has been cheating on Roger.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is leaving Roger.
8. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
(a) Social objections.
(b) Financial objections.
(c) Cultural objections.
(d) Religious objections.
9. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
(a) To get them appraised.
(b) To take them to market.
(c) To clean them.
(d) To go shooting.
10. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He finds it absurd.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He understands completely.
11. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
(a) Gives him some money.
(b) Hires him to work in the garden.
(c) All of these.
(d) Allows him to live at his home.
12. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
(a) Major Pettigrew has requested her.
(b) They need to fill another table.
(c) She is making some of the food.
(d) She will go with the theme.
13. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He finds a new girl.
(c) He writes.
(d) He works hard.
14. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
(a) There are certain meats he cannot eat.
(b) There are societal rules he is not yet aware of.
(c) He struggles with the language.
(d) He is not to be near women.
15. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
(a) Grace's house.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) The shop.
(d) His garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
2. When does Roger usually visit his father?
3. What ruined Roger's relationship?
4. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
5. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)