|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
(a) Amina's shop.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) Rose Lodge.
(d) The Golf Club.
2. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
(a) Social objections.
(b) Cultural objections.
(c) Financial objections.
(d) Religious objections.
3. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
4. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
(a) Major Pettigrew has requested her.
(b) She is making some of the food.
(c) She will go with the theme.
(d) They need to fill another table.
5. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
(a) Selling his land.
(b) Getting Bertie's guns.
(c) Finding a renter.
(d) Getting Alim in trouble.
6. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) He has other plans.
(b) None of these.
(c) He is distraught.
(d) He is sick.
7. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
(a) Seeing the true state of his new cottage.
(b) Finding Mrs. Ali's nephew at the house.
(c) Hearing that Pettigrew stole the guns.
(d) Learning about Bertie's will.
8. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She promises to visit.
(b) She helps fix the garden.
(c) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
(d) She asks to hear some war stories.
9. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A mail box.
(b) A bush.
(c) A fence.
(d) A sign post.
10. What bothers Pettigrew about Ferguson?
(a) He does not shoot well.
(b) He disapproves of Pakistanis.
(c) He is selling his land.
(d) He is rude.
11. What does Roger reveal on Christmas?
(a) He is leaving Sandy.
(b) He has been cheating on Sandy.
(c) He is ready to get married.
(d) He has plans with Gertrude.
12. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
(a) Put out.
13. Why is Mrs. Ali seated where she is at the dance?
(a) The minorities are grouped together.
(b) She is front and center.
(c) It is in the darkest corner of the room.
(d) Pettigrew bought those spots.
14. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
15. What does Roger wear to the dance?
(a) A new tuxedo.
(b) Indian robes.
(c) His grandfather's uniform.
(d) His father's suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
2. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
3. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
4. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
5. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)