|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She has family obligations.
(b) She is offended at the dance.
(c) She is being deported.
(d) She is in love with Pettigrew.
2. What does Roger reveal on Christmas?
(a) He has been cheating on Sandy.
(b) He is ready to get married.
(c) He is leaving Sandy.
(d) He has plans with Gertrude.
3. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
(a) The Golf Club.
(b) Rose Lodge.
(c) Apple Cottage.
(d) Amina's shop.
4. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
(a) Getting his award.
(b) All of these.
(c) Not going with her.
(d) Not defending her.
5. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
(a) He understands completely.
(b) He finds it absurd.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is disappointed.
6. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
(c) A store.
(d) A church.
7. Who does Abdul marry?
8. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She helps fix the garden.
(b) She asks to hear some war stories.
(c) She promises to visit.
(d) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
9. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(b) He buys a bag of groceries.
(c) He asks the ladies to leave.
(d) He asks for a private word.
10. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
(a) To find Sandy.
(b) To sell some land.
(c) To see Mrs. Ali.
(d) To sell the guns.
11. Why does Pettigrew find Roger's dance attire ironic?
(a) He hates the military.
(b) He is too big for the uniform.
(c) He looks natural in it.
(d) He seems over dressed.
12. When does Roger usually visit his father?
(a) On work days.
(b) All of these.
(c) On weekends.
(d) On holidays.
13. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
(a) Had an abortion.
(b) Lived with her fiance.
(c) Starred in a movie.
(d) Wrote a book.
14. What are people protesting against on Ferguson's land?
(a) Hunting out of season.
(b) Killing ducks.
(c) Wasting iron.
(d) Building on wild land.
15. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
(a) She makes the menus.
(b) She is in charge of the music.
(c) She is passing out invitations.
(d) She is the dance leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
2. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
3. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
4. Who is Pettigrew's favorite author?
5. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)