|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pettigrew say annoys him most about men?
(a) Their hatred.
(b) Their arrogance.
(c) Their ignorance.
(d) Their inconsistency.
2. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
3. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
(a) Finding Mrs. Ali's nephew at the house.
(b) Seeing the true state of his new cottage.
(c) Learning about Bertie's will.
(d) Hearing that Pettigrew stole the guns.
5. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
(a) He got caught in a rain storm.
(b) His son is rude to him.
(c) Mrs. Ali leaves without saying goodbye.
(d) He was out too late without sleep.
6. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
(a) Roger and Sandy.
(b) The Browns.
(c) The Khans.
(d) The Wahids.
7. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She has family obligations.
(b) She is offended at the dance.
(c) She is in love with Pettigrew.
(d) She is being deported.
8. Why does Pettigrew find Roger's dance attire ironic?
(a) He hates the military.
(b) He is too big for the uniform.
(c) He seems over dressed.
(d) He looks natural in it.
9. What happens after Roger's part of the dance?
(a) A fight.
(b) An awkward silence.
(c) None of these.
(d) A cheer.
10. What is Mrs. Ali most concerned about when thinking about a relationship with Pettigrew?
(a) Offending the dead.
(b) His image.
(d) Her image.
11. What would Pettigrew have preferred to losing Sandy?
(a) Losing Grace.
(b) Losing Abdul.
(c) Losing Roger.
(d) Losing Jasmina.
12. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) They laugh at the play about his father.
(b) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
(c) He is insulted by his date choice.
(d) He is denied his reward.
13. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
(a) A fever.
(b) A heart palpitation.
(c) An infection.
(d) A cough.
14. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
(a) The unwarranted boasting of the children.
(b) The lack of care they give their children.
(c) All of these.
(d) The over protection of their children.
15. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
(a) The Golf Club.
(b) Rose Lodge.
(c) Apple Cottage.
(d) Amina's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
2. Where does Amina work?
3. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
4. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
5. What does Roger wear to the dance?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)