|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
(b) She promises to visit.
(c) She asks to hear some war stories.
(d) She helps fix the garden.
2. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
3. Where does Amina work?
(a) The church.
(b) The golf club.
(c) Mrs. Ali's store.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
4. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She has family obligations.
(b) She is being deported.
(c) She is offended at the dance.
(d) She is in love with Pettigrew.
5. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
(a) Not defending her.
(b) All of these.
(c) Getting his award.
(d) Not going with her.
6. What does Roger wear to the dance?
(a) Indian robes.
(b) His father's suit.
(c) A new tuxedo.
(d) His grandfather's uniform.
7. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) He has other plans.
(b) He is distraught.
(c) None of these.
(d) He is sick.
8. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He has to take Grace home.
(b) He has an award to receive.
(c) He is too close to her.
(d) He has done too much for him.
9. Who owns the cricket field?
(a) Count Donblooth.
(b) Countess Digworth.
(c) Lady Dagwood.
(d) Lord Dagenham.
10. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Mrs. Ali for the dance?
(a) Grace's house.
(b) His garden.
(c) The shop.
(d) Apple Cottage.
11. What is Mrs. Ali's nephew's name?
12. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) He is denied his reward.
(b) They laugh at the play about his father.
(c) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
(d) He is insulted by his date choice.
13. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
(a) She is making some of the food.
(b) They need to fill another table.
(c) She will go with the theme.
(d) Major Pettigrew has requested her.
14. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
(a) She makes the menus.
(b) She is in charge of the music.
(c) She is the dance leader.
(d) She is passing out invitations.
15. What kind of compromises does Pettigrew say are the most common?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
2. When does Roger usually visit his father?
3. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
4. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
5. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)