|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
(a) Amina's shop.
(b) The Golf Club.
(c) Apple Cottage.
(d) Rose Lodge.
2. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) He is distraught.
(b) He is sick.
(c) None of these.
(d) He has other plans.
3. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A bush.
(b) A sign post.
(c) A mail box.
(d) A fence.
4. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
(a) They ask him to use the side door.
(b) They invite Mrs. Ali to the dance.
(c) They tell him to not stare at them.
(d) They say Mrs. Ali is in charge.
5. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
(a) Hearing that Pettigrew stole the guns.
(b) Finding Mrs. Ali's nephew at the house.
(c) Seeing the true state of his new cottage.
(d) Learning about Bertie's will.
6. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
7. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
(a) To get them appraised.
(b) To clean them.
(c) To take them to market.
(d) To go shooting.
8. What does Pettigrew say annoys him most about men?
(a) Their arrogance.
(b) Their ignorance.
(c) Their inconsistency.
(d) Their hatred.
9. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
10. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
(b) Put out.
11. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
(a) He asks to join.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He starts a fight.
(d) He goes back to sleep.
12. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She is offended at the dance.
(b) She is being deported.
(c) She has family obligations.
(d) She is in love with Pettigrew.
13. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
(a) Apple Cottage.
(b) Amina's shop.
(c) The Golf Club.
(d) Rose Lodge.
14. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(b) He buys a bag of groceries.
(c) He asks the ladies to leave.
(d) He asks for a private word.
15. What does the Major take Amina's child to do?
(a) Sail a toy boat.
(b) Visit his father.
(c) Fly a kite.
(d) Buy an ice cream cone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
2. Who does Abdul marry?
3. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
4. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
5. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)