|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She is in love with Pettigrew.
(b) She has family obligations.
(c) She is offended at the dance.
(d) She is being deported.
2. What does Roger reveal on Christmas?
(a) He is leaving Sandy.
(b) He has been cheating on Sandy.
(c) He has plans with Gertrude.
(d) He is ready to get married.
3. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
(a) Grace's house.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) His garden.
(d) The shop.
4. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She promises to visit.
(b) She asks to hear some war stories.
(c) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
(d) She helps fix the garden.
5. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He is too close to her.
(b) He has an award to receive.
(c) He has to take Grace home.
(d) He has done too much for him.
6. What does Amina keep talking about with Pettigrew at the rehearsal?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
(b) The dance.
(c) His deceased wife.
(d) Roger's engagement.
7. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
(c) She is totally ignored.
8. Why does Pettigrew agree to go out with Alec?
(a) He hopes to see Mrs. Ali there.
(b) He knows an outing would be good for him.
(c) Roger tells him to.
(d) He wants to avoid a planning meeting.
9. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
(a) She will go with the theme.
(b) Major Pettigrew has requested her.
(c) She is making some of the food.
(d) They need to fill another table.
10. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
(a) Return to London.
(b) Go after Sandy.
(c) Find a new girl.
(d) Buy his own house.
11. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
(a) Financial objections.
(b) Social objections.
(c) Religious objections.
(d) Cultural objections.
12. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
(a) The unwarranted boasting of the children.
(b) All of these.
(c) The over protection of their children.
(d) The lack of care they give their children.
13. Where does Amina work?
(a) The church.
(b) The Taj Mahal.
(c) The golf club.
(d) Mrs. Ali's store.
14. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
15. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
(b) His books.
(c) All of these.
(d) Mrs. Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial thing did Sandy do?
2. Why does Roger put off his wedding?
3. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
4. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
5. Why does Pettigrew find Roger's dance attire ironic?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)