|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He asks the ladies to leave.
(b) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(c) He asks for a private word.
(d) He buys a bag of groceries.
2. What does Roger reveal on Christmas?
(a) He has been cheating on Sandy.
(b) He is ready to get married.
(c) He has plans with Gertrude.
(d) He is leaving Sandy.
3. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She is being deported.
(b) She is in love with Pettigrew.
(c) She is offended at the dance.
(d) She has family obligations.
4. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
(a) To sell some land.
(b) To see Mrs. Ali.
(c) To sell the guns.
(d) To find Sandy.
5. Why is Mrs. Ali seated where she is at the dance?
(a) It is in the darkest corner of the room.
(b) Pettigrew bought those spots.
(c) She is front and center.
(d) The minorities are grouped together.
6. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) He is insulted by his date choice.
(b) He is denied his reward.
(c) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
(d) They laugh at the play about his father.
7. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She asks to hear some war stories.
(b) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
(c) She promises to visit.
(d) She helps fix the garden.
8. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
(b) A store.
(d) A church.
9. What does Roger wear to the dance?
(a) His grandfather's uniform.
(b) Indian robes.
(c) A new tuxedo.
(d) His father's suit.
10. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He starts a fight.
(c) He asks to join.
(d) He goes back to sleep.
11. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
(a) She loves him.
(b) It makes her feel safe.
(c) It is her duty.
(d) She knew of his secret.
12. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
(a) Their ineptitude.
(b) Their seriousness.
(c) Their lack of humor.
(d) Their brevity.
13. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
14. Who is Pettigrew's favorite author?
15. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
(a) She is the dance leader.
(b) She is passing out invitations.
(c) She is in charge of the music.
(d) She makes the menus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
2. How does Roger feel in his outfit for the dance?
3. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
4. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
5. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)