|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
(b) His books.
(c) All of these.
(d) Mrs. Ali.
2. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
(a) The shop.
(b) Grace's house.
(c) Apple Cottage.
(d) His garden.
3. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
(a) He works hard.
(b) He writes.
(c) He finds a new girl.
(d) He drinks.
4. What does Amina keep talking about with Pettigrew at the rehearsal?
(a) The dance.
(b) His deceased wife.
(c) Mrs. Ali.
(d) Roger's engagement.
5. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
(a) He struggles with the language.
(b) He is not to be near women.
(c) There are certain meats he cannot eat.
(d) There are societal rules he is not yet aware of.
6. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
(b) A church.
(c) A store.
7. What does the Major take Amina's child to do?
(a) Buy an ice cream cone.
(b) Sail a toy boat.
(c) Visit his father.
(d) Fly a kite.
8. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
(b) She is totally ignored.
9. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
(a) The unwarranted boasting of the children.
(b) The lack of care they give their children.
(c) The over protection of their children.
(d) All of these.
10. What is the name of Amina's son?
11. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She asks to hear some war stories.
(b) She promises to visit.
(c) She helps fix the garden.
(d) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
12. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
(a) To go shooting.
(b) To take them to market.
(c) To clean them.
(d) To get them appraised.
13. Why is Roger dressed differently than others at the dance?
(a) He is in the play.
(b) He didn't know about the theme.
(c) Sandy dressed him.
(d) He wants to make a statement.
14. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She is in love with Pettigrew.
(b) She is offended at the dance.
(c) She is being deported.
(d) She has family obligations.
15. What kind of compromises does Pettigrew say are the most common?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertrude want to contact Roger about?
2. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
3. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
4. What does Roger wear to the dance?
5. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)