|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
2. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
(a) Gives him some money.
(b) Hires him to work in the garden.
(c) All of these.
(d) Allows him to live at his home.
3. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A sign post.
(b) A bush.
(c) A fence.
(d) A mail box.
4. Who does Abdul marry?
5. Why does Pettigrew agree to go out with Alec?
(a) Roger tells him to.
(b) He hopes to see Mrs. Ali there.
(c) He knows an outing would be good for him.
(d) He wants to avoid a planning meeting.
6. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
(d) Mrs. Ali.
7. What is the name of Amina's son?
8. What would Pettigrew have preferred to losing Sandy?
(a) Losing Abdul.
(b) Losing Grace.
(c) Losing Roger.
(d) Losing Jasmina.
9. What does Sandy reveal right before Christmas?
(a) She is being deported.
(b) She is leaving Roger.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has been cheating on Roger.
10. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
(a) Give a speech.
(b) Break things off with Mrs. Ali.
(c) Buy his land.
(d) Take his guns back.
11. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
(a) They ask him to use the side door.
(b) They tell him to not stare at them.
(c) They say Mrs. Ali is in charge.
(d) They invite Mrs. Ali to the dance.
12. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
(a) Mrs. Ali leaves without saying goodbye.
(b) He was out too late without sleep.
(c) His son is rude to him.
(d) He got caught in a rain storm.
13. Why does Grace refuse to marry Pettigrew?
(a) He is not rich enough.
(b) He will die soon.
(c) She knows he is in love with Mrs. Ali.
(d) She doesn't plan to marry.
14. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
(b) All of these.
(c) Mrs. Ali.
(d) His books.
15. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
(a) Getting Alim in trouble.
(b) Getting Bertie's guns.
(c) Finding a renter.
(d) Selling his land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
2. Why is it hard for Mrs. Ali's nephew to go to dinner parties?
3. How does Roger deal with his lost love?
4. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
5. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)