|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) He is distraught.
(b) None of these.
(c) He has other plans.
(d) He is sick.
2. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
(a) To go shooting.
(b) To clean them.
(c) To get them appraised.
(d) To take them to market.
3. Who is Pettigrew's favorite author?
4. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
5. Why is Roger dressed differently than others at the dance?
(a) He wants to make a statement.
(b) He is in the play.
(c) Sandy dressed him.
(d) He didn't know about the theme.
6. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
(a) All of these.
(b) The over protection of their children.
(c) The unwarranted boasting of the children.
(d) The lack of care they give their children.
7. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) They laugh at the play about his father.
(b) He is denied his reward.
(c) He is insulted by his date choice.
(d) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
8. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
9. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
(a) Religious objections.
(b) Cultural objections.
(c) Financial objections.
(d) Social objections.
10. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
(a) Seeing the true state of his new cottage.
(b) Learning about Bertie's will.
(c) Hearing that Pettigrew stole the guns.
(d) Finding Mrs. Ali's nephew at the house.
11. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
(a) It makes her feel safe.
(b) It is her duty.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She knew of his secret.
12. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He has to take Grace home.
(b) He has an award to receive.
(c) He has done too much for him.
(d) He is too close to her.
13. What ruined Roger's relationship?
(a) He proposed in a rude way.
(b) He cheated on Sandy.
(c) He stopped loving Sandy.
(d) He lost some money.
14. Why does Roger put off his wedding?
(a) He wants his inheritance.
(b) The cottage is beign fixed.
(c) Sandy is finishing her education.
(d) It will hurt his career.
15. What does Sandy reveal right before Christmas?
(a) She has been cheating on Roger.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is leaving Roger.
(d) She is being deported.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pettigrew want to go to Scotland?
2. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
3. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
4. Where does Pettigrew plan to spend Christmas?
5. Where does Amina work?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)