|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
(a) A fever.
(b) A cough.
(c) An infection.
(d) A heart palpitation.
2. What does Roger wear to the dance?
(a) Indian robes.
(b) His grandfather's uniform.
(c) A new tuxedo.
(d) His father's suit.
3. What does Pettigrew play with Alec?
4. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
(a) Religious objections.
(b) Financial objections.
(c) Social objections.
(d) Cultural objections.
5. What would Pettigrew have preferred to losing Sandy?
(a) Losing Grace.
(b) Losing Roger.
(c) Losing Jasmina.
(d) Losing Abdul.
6. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
7. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) He is denied his reward.
(b) He is insulted by his date choice.
(c) They laugh at the play about his father.
(d) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
8. What ruined Roger's relationship?
(a) He cheated on Sandy.
(b) He proposed in a rude way.
(c) He lost some money.
(d) He stopped loving Sandy.
9. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A fence.
(b) A bush.
(c) A sign post.
(d) A mail box.
10. Why doesn't Roger spend Christmas with his father?
(a) None of these.
(b) He has other plans.
(c) He is distraught.
(d) He is sick.
11. What does the secretary of the club want to talk to Pettigrew about?
(a) All of these.
(b) Mrs. Ali.
(c) His books.
12. What kind of compromises does Pettigrew say are the most common?
13. Why is Roger dressed differently than others at the dance?
(a) He didn't know about the theme.
(b) Sandy dressed him.
(c) He wants to make a statement.
(d) He is in the play.
14. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
15. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He understands completely.
(c) He finds it absurd.
(d) He is disappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amina doing for the golf club dance?
2. Why do the club ladies want Mrs. Ali to come to the dance?
3. What does Gertrude want to contact Roger about?
4. How does Roger feel in his outfit for the dance?
5. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)