|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
(a) He understands completely.
(b) He finds it absurd.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is disappointed.
2. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
(a) Allows him to live at his home.
(b) All of these.
(c) Gives him some money.
(d) Hires him to work in the garden.
3. Where does Amina work?
(a) The church.
(b) Mrs. Ali's store.
(c) The golf club.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
4. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A sign post.
(b) A fence.
(c) A mail box.
(d) A bush.
5. Why is Mrs. Ali seated where she is at the dance?
(a) She is front and center.
(b) The minorities are grouped together.
(c) It is in the darkest corner of the room.
(d) Pettigrew bought those spots.
6. What does Ferguson want Roger's help with?
(a) Finding a renter.
(b) Selling his land.
(c) Getting Bertie's guns.
(d) Getting Alim in trouble.
7. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) They laugh at the play about his father.
(b) He is insulted by his date choice.
(c) He is denied his reward.
(d) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
8. What is Mrs. Ali's nephew's name?
9. What is the name of Amina's son?
10. What does Amina keep talking about with Pettigrew at the rehearsal?
(a) His deceased wife.
(b) The dance.
(c) Mrs. Ali.
(d) Roger's engagement.
11. What does the Major take Amina's child to do?
(a) Fly a kite.
(b) Buy an ice cream cone.
(c) Sail a toy boat.
(d) Visit his father.
12. What do the club ladies say that make Mrs. Ali's nephew mad?
(a) They invite Mrs. Ali to the dance.
(b) They ask him to use the side door.
(c) They tell him to not stare at them.
(d) They say Mrs. Ali is in charge.
13. Why does Mrs. Ali leave?
(a) She has family obligations.
(b) She is in love with Pettigrew.
(c) She is offended at the dance.
(d) She is being deported.
14. Who is Mrs. Ali seated by at the dance?
(a) The Wahids.
(b) The Browns.
(c) Roger and Sandy.
(d) The Khans.
15. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
(c) Put out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
2. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
3. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
4. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
5. Who owns the cricket field?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)