|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Pettigrew to lose some friends at the dance?
(a) People are rude to Mrs. Ali.
(b) He is insulted by his date choice.
(c) He is denied his reward.
(d) They laugh at the play about his father.
2. What objections does Amina's love interest have to the relationship?
(a) Financial objections.
(b) Religious objections.
(c) Social objections.
(d) Cultural objections.
3. Who does Pettigrew invite to his house for Christmas?
(c) Mrs. Ali.
4. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Sandy for the dance?
(a) Apple Cottage.
(b) His garden.
(c) The shop.
(d) Grace's house.
5. What kind of illness does Pettigrew have after the dance?
(a) A fever.
(b) An infection.
(c) A heart palpitation.
(d) A cough.
6. How does Pettigrew feel about picking up Sandy for the dance?
(d) Put out.
7. Why does Pettigrew agree to go out with Alec?
(a) He wants to avoid a planning meeting.
(b) He hopes to see Mrs. Ali there.
(c) Roger tells him to.
(d) He knows an outing would be good for him.
8. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
(c) A church.
(d) A store.
9. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He has to take Grace home.
(b) He has an award to receive.
(c) He is too close to her.
(d) He has done too much for him.
10. Where does Pettigrew end up spending Christmas?
(a) Apple Cottage.
(b) The Golf Club.
(c) Rose Lodge.
(d) Amina's shop.
11. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
(a) Hires him to work in the garden.
(b) Gives him some money.
(c) Allows him to live at his home.
(d) All of these.
12. What does Roger ask to borrow the guns for?
(a) To clean them.
(b) To go shooting.
(c) To get them appraised.
(d) To take them to market.
13. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
(a) Hearing that Pettigrew stole the guns.
(b) Learning about Bertie's will.
(c) Seeing the true state of his new cottage.
(d) Finding Mrs. Ali's nephew at the house.
14. Who runs the shop when Mrs. Ali leaves?
15. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
(a) She knew of his secret.
(b) She loves him.
(c) It is her duty.
(d) It makes her feel safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruined Roger's relationship?
2. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
3. What is the name of Amina's son?
4. What causes Pettigrew to get sick after the dance?
5. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)