|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alec's last name?
2. What is Mrs. Ali's first name?
3. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 years.
4. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
(a) Formal attire.
(b) His bath robe.
(c) His military uniform.
(d) His golf attire.
5. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
(a) The store.
(b) The pool.
(c) The bar.
(d) The golf course.
6. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The city center.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The Elk's club.
(d) The golf club.
7. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(a) The golf club dance.
(b) A book.
(c) The will.
8. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
(a) His mail-man.
(b) His son.
(c) A courrier.
(d) His sister-in-law.
9. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
(a) Selling her mother's house.
(b) Selling the Churchills.
(c) Tweaking the policies of the will.
(d) Using her inheritance.
10. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
11. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has a head cold.
(b) He is in shock about his brother's death.
(c) He is depressed and missing his wife.
(d) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
12. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
(a) He has an appointment.
(b) He has to milk his cow.
(c) He has to take Mrs. Ali home.
(d) He is sick.
13. What is Alec's wife planning?
(a) A dance.
(b) A charity.
(c) A banquet.
(d) An auction.
14. Where was Mrs. Ali born?
15. Where did Mr. Pettigrew serve most of his time in the military?
(a) East Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
2. How long of a lease does Roger take on the first cottage he sees?
3. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
4. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the Major's brother's name?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)