|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jemima need money for?
(a) To get married.
(b) To replace her old car.
(c) To buy a new home.
(d) To send her son to school.
2. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
(a) Grocery store.
(c) Tourist shop.
3. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
(a) A courrier.
(b) His mail-man.
(c) His son.
(d) His sister-in-law.
4. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
(a) He has to milk his cow.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He has an appointment.
(d) He has to take Mrs. Ali home.
5. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is depressed and missing his wife.
(b) He has a head cold.
(c) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
(d) He is in shock about his brother's death.
6. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
(a) She should sell her hotel.
(b) She should retire.
(c) She should get re-married.
(d) She should move back to Pakistan.
7. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her cousin.
8. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The porch.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The pond.
9. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A tuxedo.
(d) His wife's housecoat.
10. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(b) The golf club dance.
(c) A book.
(d) The will.
11. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. What is Saadia Khan good at?
13. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
(a) Rose Grove.
(b) Rose Corner.
(c) Rose Bunch.
(d) Rose Lodge.
14. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
(c) Polar Bear.
15. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
3. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
4. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
5. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)