|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
(d) Polar Bear.
2. Where was Mrs. Ali born?
3. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) How she reads literature.
(c) The way she speaks.
(d) Her history.
4. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
(b) Mrs. Ali.
(d) Reverend Shultz.
5. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
(a) He doesn't know much about it.
(b) He is ashamed of it.
(c) He can take it or leave it.
(d) He cherishes it.
6. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
(a) He knows Roger will dislike him leaving the house.
(b) He lied about where he is.
(c) He hates children.
(d) He doesn't want others to know of his new friendship.
7. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
8. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The women.
(c) The decor.
(d) The colors.
9. How does Pettigrew feel about the first cottage Roger shows him?
(a) It is disgusting.
(b) It is tiny.
(c) It is charming.
(d) It is old.
10. Where did Mr. Pettigrew serve most of his time in the military?
(c) East Africa.
11. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The Elk's club.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The golf club.
(d) The city center.
12. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
(a) An army.
(b) All of these.
(c) A rebel band.
(d) A gang.
13. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Mrs. Ali's nephew.
14. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
(a) A courrier.
(b) His son.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) His mail-man.
15. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
2. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
3. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
4. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
5. What is Saadia Khan good at?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)