|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has a head cold.
(b) He is depressed and missing his wife.
(c) He is in shock about his brother's death.
(d) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
2. What is the Major's brother's name?
3. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
(a) A robe.
(b) A down jacket.
(c) Her son's boots.
(d) Her husband's jacket.
4. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
(c) Polar Bear.
5. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is nervous.
6. What is Alec's last name?
7. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
(a) Get a nanny.
(b) Discipline them.
(c) Through natural means.
(d) Spoil them.
8. What do Sandy and Mrs. Augerspier discuss?
9. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
(a) Through natural means.
(b) Spoil them.
(c) Discipline them.
(d) Get a nanny.
10. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The city center.
(c) The golf club.
(d) The Elk's club.
11. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
(a) It is appropriate.
(b) It is strange.
(c) It is not enough.
(d) It is too much.
12. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
(b) Reverend Shultz.
13. What disappoints Mr. Pettigrew at the funeral?
(a) His son never arrives.
(b) His daughter wore white.
(c) The service is too short.
(d) There is not enough crying.
14. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(b) A bathrobe.
(c) His wife's housecoat.
(d) A tuxedo.
15. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
(a) His bath robe.
(b) His military uniform.
(c) Formal attire.
(d) His golf attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
2. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
3. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
4. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
5. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)