|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
(a) Through natural means.
(b) Get a nanny.
(c) Discipline them.
(d) Spoil them.
2. What bothers Pettigrew most about looking at Roger's cottage?
(a) He doesn't want to move.
(b) He is missing out on time with Mrs. Ali.
(c) Roger is rude to him.
(d) Roger gave him short notice.
3. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife's housecoat.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A bathrobe.
4. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
(a) It is appropriate.
(b) It is not enough.
(c) It is strange.
(d) It is too much.
5. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
(a) All the flowers his wife loved.
(b) All the flowers Mrs. Ali loves.
(c) All the beauty of his world.
(d) All the things that are wrong with it.
6. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
(a) His military uniform.
(b) His golf attire.
(c) Formal attire.
(d) His bath robe.
7. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
(a) Roger has money for a summer cottage.
(b) Sandy is always with Roger.
(c) An engagement is announced.
(d) Mrs. Ali goes home with Grace.
8. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
(a) She should move back to Pakistan.
(b) She should get re-married.
(c) She should sell her hotel.
(d) She should retire.
9. What is Mrs. De Vere's first name?
10. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
(b) Fake flowers.
(c) Wild flowers.
(d) Botanical flowers.
11. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The Elk's club.
(b) The city center.
(c) The golf club.
(d) The grocery store.
12. What is Alec's last name?
13. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
(a) Her husband's jacket.
(b) A down jacket.
(c) Her son's boots.
(d) A robe.
14. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
(b) Tourist shop.
(d) Grocery store.
15. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
(a) The golf course.
(b) The store.
(c) The bar.
(d) The pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
2. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
3. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
4. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
5. What is Mrs. Ali's first name?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)