|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
2. Who did Mr. Pettigrew serve with in the Military?
(a) The infantry.
(b) The Crusaders.
(c) East India Company.
(d) Royal Sussex.
3. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
(a) The way she speaks.
(b) Her history.
(c) How she reads literature.
(d) Her cooking.
4. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
(a) A gang.
(b) A rebel band.
(c) An army.
(d) All of these.
5. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
6. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(b) Getting ready to eat out.
7. What do Sandy and Mrs. Augerspier discuss?
8. What does Jemima need money for?
(a) To get married.
(b) To buy a new home.
(c) To send her son to school.
(d) To replace her old car.
9. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
(b) Reverend Shultz.
(d) Mrs. Ali.
10. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
(a) Plum Cottage.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) Peach Cottage.
(d) Berry Cottage.
11. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The city center.
(c) The Elk's club.
(d) The golf club.
13. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
(a) The decoration committee.
(b) The food committee.
(c) The guest committee.
(d) The music committee.
14. What is Alec's last name?
15. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The pond.
(c) The garden.
(d) The porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
2. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
3. What is Alec's wife planning?
4. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
5. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)