|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Pettigrew most about looking at Roger's cottage?
(a) Roger is rude to him.
(b) He doesn't want to move.
(c) He is missing out on time with Mrs. Ali.
(d) Roger gave him short notice.
2. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) War wound.
(d) Old age.
3. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
(a) Her husband's jacket.
(b) A down jacket.
(c) A robe.
(d) Her son's boots.
4. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
(a) She should move back to Pakistan.
(b) She should sell her hotel.
(c) She should get re-married.
(d) She should retire.
5. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
(a) Through natural means.
(b) Spoil them.
(c) Get a nanny.
(d) Discipline them.
6. How did the Last Days of Pompeii party go?
(a) It was a disaster.
(b) It was offensive.
(c) It was amazing.
(d) It was rained out.
7. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
(a) He lied about where he is.
(b) He hates children.
(c) He doesn't want others to know of his new friendship.
(d) He knows Roger will dislike him leaving the house.
8. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(a) A book.
(c) The will.
(d) The golf club dance.
9. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is in shock about his brother's death.
(b) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
(c) He is depressed and missing his wife.
(d) He has a head cold.
10. What disappoints Mr. Pettigrew at the funeral?
(a) There is not enough crying.
(b) His son never arrives.
(c) His daughter wore white.
(d) The service is too short.
11. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
12. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
(a) He is too weak.
(b) His daughter won't let him.
(c) He doesn't want to.
(d) It is not proper.
13. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) The way she speaks.
(c) Her history.
(d) How she reads literature.
14. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
15. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(c) Getting ready to eat out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
2. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
3. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
4. What is the Major's brother's name?
5. What does Alec's wife need help choosing for the event she is planning?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)