|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Pettigrew serve most of his time in the military?
(b) East Africa.
2. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
(a) It is strange.
(b) It is not enough.
(c) It is too much.
(d) It is appropriate.
3. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
(a) The way she speaks.
(b) Her history.
(c) How she reads literature.
(d) Her cooking.
4. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
(a) Spoil them.
(b) Discipline them.
(c) Through natural means.
(d) Get a nanny.
5. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
(a) To sell them.
(b) To hunt with.
(c) To repair them.
(d) To hide them.
6. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
7. What disappoints Mr. Pettigrew at the funeral?
(a) The service is too short.
(b) There is not enough crying.
(c) His daughter wore white.
(d) His son never arrives.
8. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The pond.
(c) The porch.
(d) The garden.
9. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son?
10. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
(a) The women.
(b) The decor.
(c) The clothing.
(d) The colors.
11. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is nervous.
12. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
(a) Berry Cottage.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) Plum Cottage.
(d) Peach Cottage.
13. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
(a) His son.
(b) His mail-man.
(c) A courrier.
(d) His sister-in-law.
14. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
(b) Polar Bear.
15. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(a) Getting ready to eat out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
2. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
3. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
4. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
5. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)