|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The porch.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The pond.
(d) The garden.
2. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
3. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
(a) To show Mrs. Ali a good time.
(b) To sell the pistols.
(c) To see the museum.
(d) To taste wine.
4. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
5. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
(b) Reverend Shultz.
(c) Mrs. Ali.
6. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
7. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
(a) His son.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His mail-man.
(d) A courrier.
8. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
(a) The music committee.
(b) The guest committee.
(c) The food committee.
(d) The decoration committee.
9. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(a) The golf club dance.
(b) A book.
(c) The will.
10. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The Elk's club.
(b) The city center.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The golf club.
11. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 years.
12. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
(a) All the beauty of his world.
(b) All the flowers his wife loved.
(c) All the things that are wrong with it.
(d) All the flowers Mrs. Ali loves.
13. How does Pettigrew feel about the first cottage Roger shows him?
(a) It is charming.
(b) It is old.
(c) It is disgusting.
(d) It is tiny.
14. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
(a) She should sell her hotel.
(b) She should retire.
(c) She should get re-married.
(d) She should move back to Pakistan.
15. How did the Last Days of Pompeii party go?
(a) It was offensive.
(b) It was rained out.
(c) It was a disaster.
(d) It was amazing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ali's first name?
2. What is Mrs. De Vere's first name?
3. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
4. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
5. What disappoints Mr. Pettigrew at the funeral?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)