|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
(a) Rose Grove.
(b) Rose Corner.
(c) Rose Lodge.
(d) Rose Bunch.
2. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
3. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
(a) Her son's boots.
(b) A robe.
(c) A down jacket.
(d) Her husband's jacket.
4. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
(a) His sister-in-law.
(b) His mail-man.
(c) A courrier.
(d) His son.
5. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(c) Getting ready to eat out.
6. What is the Major's brother's name?
7. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
(a) All the flowers Mrs. Ali loves.
(b) All the things that are wrong with it.
(c) All the beauty of his world.
(d) All the flowers his wife loved.
8. How does Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son treat him?
9. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
(a) Tweaking the policies of the will.
(b) Using her inheritance.
(c) Selling the Churchills.
(d) Selling her mother's house.
10. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is in shock about his brother's death.
(b) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
(c) He has a head cold.
(d) He is depressed and missing his wife.
11. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
(a) Wild flowers.
(b) Botanical flowers.
(d) Fake flowers.
12. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
13. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Tourist shop.
14. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
15. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
(a) He doesn't have enough gas.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He doesn't want to.
(d) He can't get across the bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
2. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
3. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
4. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
5. What is Saadia Khan good at?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)