|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
(a) Berry Cottage.
(b) Peach Cottage.
(c) Apple Cottage.
(d) Plum Cottage.
2. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The Elk's club.
(c) The golf club.
(d) The city center.
3. What does Jemima need money for?
(a) To replace her old car.
(b) To send her son to school.
(c) To get married.
(d) To buy a new home.
4. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
(a) Tourist shop.
(d) Grocery store.
5. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) Mrs. Ali's nephew.
(d) His daughter.
6. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
7. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
(a) He can't get across the bridge.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He doesn't have enough gas.
(d) He doesn't want to.
8. What is the Major's brother's name?
9. How does Pettigrew feel about the first cottage Roger shows him?
(a) It is old.
(b) It is disgusting.
(c) It is tiny.
(d) It is charming.
10. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
(c) Polar Bear.
11. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
12. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The women.
(c) The colors.
(d) The decor.
13. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
(a) Selling the Churchills.
(b) Selling her mother's house.
(c) Tweaking the policies of the will.
(d) Using her inheritance.
14. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The porch.
(b) The garden.
(c) The pond.
(d) The dining room.
15. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
(a) Through natural means.
(b) Get a nanny.
(c) Spoil them.
(d) Discipline them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
2. What is Alec's wife planning?
3. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
4. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)