|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her cousin.
2. How does Pettigrew feel about the first cottage Roger shows him?
(a) It is tiny.
(b) It is charming.
(c) It is disgusting.
(d) It is old.
3. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
(a) Rose Bunch.
(b) Rose Lodge.
(c) Rose Corner.
(d) Rose Grove.
5. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
(a) The pool.
(b) The golf course.
(c) The store.
(d) The bar.
6. What is the Major's brother's name?
7. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
8. What does Jemima need money for?
(a) To buy a new home.
(b) To get married.
(c) To replace her old car.
(d) To send her son to school.
9. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
(a) He doesn't want to.
(b) He is too weak.
(c) It is not proper.
(d) His daughter won't let him.
10. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
11. How did the Last Days of Pompeii party go?
(a) It was offensive.
(b) It was amazing.
(c) It was a disaster.
(d) It was rained out.
12. Where was Mrs. Ali born?
13. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
(a) A down jacket.
(b) Her son's boots.
(c) Her husband's jacket.
(d) A robe.
14. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has a head cold.
(b) He is in shock about his brother's death.
(c) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
(d) He is depressed and missing his wife.
15. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
2. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
3. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
5. How does Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son treat him?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)