|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
(a) The decoration committee.
(b) The food committee.
(c) The music committee.
(d) The guest committee.
2. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
(a) Through natural means.
(b) Spoil them.
(c) Discipline them.
(d) Get a nanny.
3. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(b) A book.
(c) The golf club dance.
(d) The will.
4. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He has to milk his cow.
(d) He has to take Mrs. Ali home.
5. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
(a) Mrs. Ali.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Mrs. Ali's nephew.
6. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
(a) His wife died.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is divorced.
(d) His children live far away.
7. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
(a) Tweaking the policies of the will.
(b) Selling the Churchills.
(c) Using her inheritance.
(d) Selling her mother's house.
8. What kind of flowers are in the Taj Mahal?
(a) Fake flowers.
(b) Botanical flowers.
(d) Wild flowers.
9. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The golf club.
(b) The Elk's club.
(c) The city center.
(d) The grocery store.
10. Where did Mr. Pettigrew serve most of his time in the military?
(c) East Africa.
11. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
12. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The pond.
(b) The garden.
(c) The porch.
(d) The dining room.
13. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
14. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
(a) Rose Lodge.
(b) Rose Bunch.
(c) Rose Grove.
(d) Rose Corner.
15. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
(a) His bath robe.
(b) His golf attire.
(c) Formal attire.
(d) His military uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
2. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
3. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
4. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
5. What is Alec's last name?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)