|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The pond.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The porch.
2. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
(b) Old age.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) War wound.
3. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
4. What is Mrs. De Vere's first name?
5. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
(a) He has to milk his cow.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He has to take Mrs. Ali home.
6. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
7. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
8. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
(a) To sell them.
(b) To hide them.
(c) To repair them.
(d) To hunt with.
9. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
10. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(c) Getting ready to eat out.
11. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
12. Where did Mr. Pettigrew serve most of his time in the military?
(a) East Africa.
13. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son?
14. Where is Pettigrew when he is put on a committee for the event Alec's wife is planning?
(a) The pool.
(b) The golf course.
(c) The bar.
(d) The store.
15. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jemima need money for?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
3. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
5. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)