|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(a) Getting ready to eat out.
2. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) The way she speaks.
(c) How she reads literature.
(d) Her history.
3. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bathrobe.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) His wife's housecoat.
4. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
5. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) War wound.
(d) Old age.
6. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
(a) Through natural means.
(b) Get a nanny.
(c) Spoil them.
(d) Discipline them.
7. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
(c) Mrs. Ali.
(d) Reverend Shultz.
8. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
(a) Peach Cottage.
(b) Plum Cottage.
(c) Apple Cottage.
(d) Berry Cottage.
9. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
10. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
(a) To taste wine.
(b) To see the museum.
(c) To show Mrs. Ali a good time.
(d) To sell the pistols.
11. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
(a) She should retire.
(b) She should move back to Pakistan.
(c) She should sell her hotel.
(d) She should get re-married.
12. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
13. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
(a) He is grown.
(b) He is getting ready.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) He is moving away.
14. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
(a) He doesn't know much about it.
(b) He is ashamed of it.
(c) He can take it or leave it.
(d) He cherishes it.
15. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
2. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
3. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
4. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son?
5. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)