|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Tourist shop.
2. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
(a) He doesn't want others to know of his new friendship.
(b) He lied about where he is.
(c) He hates children.
(d) He knows Roger will dislike him leaving the house.
3. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
4. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(a) Getting ready to eat out.
5. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
6. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
(a) The colors.
(b) The women.
(c) The decor.
(d) The clothing.
7. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She is excited.
8. What disappoints Mr. Pettigrew at the funeral?
(a) His daughter wore white.
(b) There is not enough crying.
(c) The service is too short.
(d) His son never arrives.
9. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(b) The golf club dance.
(c) The will.
(d) A book.
10. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
(a) Rose Grove.
(b) Rose Bunch.
(c) Rose Lodge.
(d) Rose Corner.
11. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
12. Where was Mrs. Ali born?
13. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The golf club.
(b) The city center.
(c) The Elk's club.
(d) The grocery store.
14. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
(a) Discipline them.
(b) Spoil them.
(c) Through natural means.
(d) Get a nanny.
15. What does Alec's wife need help choosing for the event she is planning?
(a) A menu.
(b) A guest list.
(c) A venue.
(d) A theme.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
2. How long of a lease does Roger take on the first cottage he sees?
3. What is Mrs. Ali's first name?
4. Who helps Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)