|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The pond.
(b) The garden.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The porch.
2. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Mrs. Ali's nephew.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) Mrs. Ali.
3. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
(a) He is divorced.
(b) His wife died.
(c) His children live far away.
(d) He is poor.
4. What is the Major's brother's name?
5. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(c) Getting ready to eat out.
6. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
(a) Old age.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) War wound.
7. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
8. What is Mrs. Ali's first name?
9. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
(a) Get a nanny.
(b) Discipline them.
(c) Spoil them.
(d) Through natural means.
10. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 2 years.
11. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her cousin.
12. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
13. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
(a) She should retire.
(b) She should sell her hotel.
(c) She should move back to Pakistan.
(d) She should get re-married.
14. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She is angry.
15. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
(a) It is not enough.
(b) It is too much.
(c) It is strange.
(d) It is appropriate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
2. Who did Mr. Pettigrew serve with in the Military?
3. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
4. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
5. How did the Last Days of Pompeii party go?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)