|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
(a) He can't get across the bridge.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He doesn't have enough gas.
(d) He doesn't want to.
2. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(a) The will.
(b) A book.
(d) The golf club dance.
3. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
4. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
(a) Get a nanny.
(b) Through natural means.
(c) Discipline them.
(d) Spoil them.
5. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
6. What bothers Pettigrew most about looking at Roger's cottage?
(a) Roger is rude to him.
(b) Roger gave him short notice.
(c) He doesn't want to move.
(d) He is missing out on time with Mrs. Ali.
7. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
8. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is confused.
9. What do Sandy and Mrs. Augerspier discuss?
10. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
(a) He is ashamed of it.
(b) He doesn't know much about it.
(c) He can take it or leave it.
(d) He cherishes it.
11. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
(a) Peach Cottage.
(b) Apple Cottage.
(c) Plum Cottage.
(d) Berry Cottage.
12. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
(a) It is appropriate.
(b) It is strange.
(c) It is too much.
(d) It is not enough.
13. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
14. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A tuxedo.
(d) His wife's housecoat.
15. Where was Mrs. Ali born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
2. What committee is Pettigrew put on for the event Alec's wife is planning?
3. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
4. What does Alec's wife need help choosing for the event she is planning?
5. What does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green's group to?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)