|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
2. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
3. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
(c) Polar Bear.
4. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
(a) He can't get across the bridge.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He doesn't have enough gas.
(d) He doesn't want to.
5. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(c) Getting ready to eat out.
6. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
(a) He has to take Mrs. Ali home.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He has to milk his cow.
7. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
8. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The garden.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The pond.
(d) The porch.
9. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
10. Where does Pettigrew meet up with Alec?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The Elk's club.
(c) The city center.
(d) The golf club.
11. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
(a) He is divorced.
(b) He is poor.
(c) His children live far away.
(d) His wife died.
12. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(b) His wife's housecoat.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) A tuxedo.
13. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
(a) To see the museum.
(b) To show Mrs. Ali a good time.
(c) To taste wine.
(d) To sell the pistols.
14. What is Mrs. Ali's first name?
15. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Major's brother's name?
2. What do Sandy and Mrs. Augerspier discuss?
3. What is Alec's last name?
4. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
5. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)