|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Pettigrew most about looking at Roger's cottage?
(a) Roger is rude to him.
(b) He doesn't want to move.
(c) Roger gave him short notice.
(d) He is missing out on time with Mrs. Ali.
2. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
(a) He is getting ready.
(b) He is moving away.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) He is grown.
3. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
(a) It is not enough.
(b) It is appropriate.
(c) It is strange.
(d) It is too much.
4. How did the Last Days of Pompeii party go?
(a) It was offensive.
(b) It was rained out.
(c) It was amazing.
(d) It was a disaster.
5. What does Jemima need money for?
(a) To get married.
(b) To send her son to school.
(c) To buy a new home.
(d) To replace her old car.
6. Who did Mr. Pettigrew serve with in the Military?
(a) Royal Sussex.
(b) The Crusaders.
(c) East India Company.
(d) The infantry.
7. Where was Mrs. Ali born?
8. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
(a) To taste wine.
(b) To show Mrs. Ali a good time.
(c) To see the museum.
(d) To sell the pistols.
9. How many children does Mr. Pettirgrew have?
10. Why does Mr. Pettigrew need help at the beginning of the book?
(a) He cannot undo the bowtie on his tuxedo.
(b) He has a head cold.
(c) He is depressed and missing his wife.
(d) He is in shock about his brother's death.
11. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
12. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bathrobe.
(c) His wife's housecoat.
(d) A tuxedo.
13. What is Pettigrew surprised to admire about Mrs. Ali during Sunday tea?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) How she reads literature.
(c) Her history.
(d) The way she speaks.
14. What does Pettigrew notice while giving Mrs. Ali a tour of the garden?
(a) All the things that are wrong with it.
(b) All the beauty of his world.
(c) All the flowers Mrs. Ali loves.
(d) All the flowers his wife loved.
15. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
(a) He hates children.
(b) He doesn't want others to know of his new friendship.
(c) He knows Roger will dislike him leaving the house.
(d) He lied about where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Ali from?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
3. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
4. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
5. What is Alec's wife planning?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)