Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
(a) Mrs. Ali goes home with Grace.
(b) Roger has money for a summer cottage.
(c) An engagement is announced.
(d) Sandy is always with Roger.
2. What is Saadia Khan good at?
3. How many children does Mrs. Ali have?
4. What was Mr. Pettigrew doing before learning that his brother died?
(d) Getting ready to eat out.
5. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's wife?
6. What is the name of Mr. Pettigrew's house?
(a) Rose Lodge.
(b) Rose Bunch.
(c) Rose Corner.
(d) Rose Grove.
7. Who takes Mr. Pettigrew to the funeral?
(a) His sister-in-law.
(b) Mrs. Ali.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Mrs. Ali's nephew.
8. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
(a) He is moving away.
(b) He is getting ready.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) He is grown.
9. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is confused.
10. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
(a) He cherishes it.
(b) He doesn't know much about it.
(c) He can take it or leave it.
(d) He is ashamed of it.
11. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
(a) To hunt with.
(b) To hide them.
(c) To repair them.
(d) To sell them.
12. How does Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son treat him?
13. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
(a) He has to milk his cow.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He has to take Mrs. Ali home.
14. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
15. Why is Mrs. Khan rude to Mrs. Ali?
(a) Her ethnicity.
(b) Her bad manners.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her social status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Pettigrew serve most of his time in the military?
2. Why does Pettigrew go to the Taj Mahal in the first place?
3. What does Mrs. Ali wear in her garden?
4. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
5. What does Jemima need money for?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)