|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife's housecoat.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) A tuxedo.
2. What animal does Pettigrew compare Daisy Green to?
(b) Polar Bear.
3. What is Mr. Pettigrew's favorite part of his home?
(a) The pond.
(b) The porch.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The garden.
4. What makes Pettigrew jealous after seeing the cottage?
(a) An engagement is announced.
(b) Sandy is always with Roger.
(c) Roger has money for a summer cottage.
(d) Mrs. Ali goes home with Grace.
5. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
(a) He doesn't want to.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He can't get across the bridge.
(d) He doesn't have enough gas.
6. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
7. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
(a) He is moving away.
(b) He is grown.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) He is getting ready.
8. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
9. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
(a) He is poor.
(b) His wife died.
(c) He is divorced.
(d) His children live far away.
10. How did Mr. Pettigrew's wife prefer to raise children?
(a) Get a nanny.
(b) Discipline them.
(c) Through natural means.
(d) Spoil them.
11. What is the name of the first cottage Roger shows his father?
(a) Berry Cottage.
(b) Plum Cottage.
(c) Apple Cottage.
(d) Peach Cottage.
12. Where does Jemima hope to get the money she needs?
(a) Using her inheritance.
(b) Tweaking the policies of the will.
(c) Selling her mother's house.
(d) Selling the Churchills.
13. How does Pettigrew get out of having tea with Sandy at the cottage?
(a) He has an appointment.
(b) He has to milk his cow.
(c) He has to take Mrs. Ali home.
(d) He is sick.
14. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
15. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew go to the funeral alone?
2. What is Mrs. De Vere's first name?
3. Why does Pettigrew say he wants to take the pistols to his house?
4. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
5. What is the Major's brother's name?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)