|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
(a) His wife died.
(b) He is poor.
(c) His children live far away.
(d) He is divorced.
2. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
(b) She is totally ignored.
3. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
(a) Roger was saying rude things about Mrs. Ali.
(b) Roger offended some waiters.
(c) Roger raised the credit limit.
(d) Roger has been to the club.
4. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
(a) Find a new girl.
(b) Return to London.
(c) Buy his own house.
(d) Go after Sandy.
5. What is planned to be built on the cricket field?
(a) A store.
(b) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Ali feel about helping with the dance?
2. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
3. What do the club ladies want the theme of the dance to be?
4. What month does Pettigrew take Mrs. Ali on a tour of his garden?
5. What does the Major wear to every event Alec's wife plans?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)