|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Roger's part of the dance?
(a) A fight.
(b) An awkward silence.
(c) None of these.
(d) A cheer.
2. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He buys a bag of groceries.
(b) He asks the ladies to leave.
(c) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(d) He asks for a private word.
3. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
(a) He starts a fight.
(b) He asks to join.
(c) He goes back to sleep.
(d) He laughs.
4. What does Alice hide behind?
(a) A mail box.
(b) A bush.
(c) A fence.
(d) A sign post.
5. What does Pettigrew try to convince his son to do after his proposal is refused?
(a) Buy his own house.
(b) Return to London.
(c) Go after Sandy.
(d) Find a new girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shop does Mrs. Ali look at while Pettigrew goes to see Roger's cottage?
2. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
3. What does Sandy reveal right before Christmas?
4. What does Pettigrew call eye searing about the Taj Mahal?
5. Why does Roger say he no longer needs his father's guidance?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)