|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(b) He buys a bag of groceries.
(c) He asks the ladies to leave.
(d) He asks for a private word.
2. How did Major Pettigrew's brother die?
(a) Old age.
(b) Heart attack.
(d) War wound.
3. What causes Roger to threaten to call the police?
(a) Hearing that Pettigrew stole the guns.
(b) Learning about Bertie's will.
(c) Seeing the true state of his new cottage.
(d) Finding Mrs. Ali's nephew at the house.
4. Where does Major Pettigrew pick up Mrs. Ali for the dance?
(a) The shop.
(b) His garden.
(c) Apple Cottage.
(d) Grace's house.
5. What favor does Pettigrew do for Mrs. Ali's nephew?
(a) Gives him some money.
(b) All of these.
(c) Hires him to work in the garden.
(d) Allows him to live at his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military status did Pettigrew's father hold?
2. What does Pettigrew say annoys him most about men?
3. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
4. Where did Mr. Pettigrew serve most of his time in the military?
5. What does the Major take Amina's child to do?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)