|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
(a) She promises to visit.
(b) She is kind to Mrs. Pettigrew's nephew.
(c) She helps fix the garden.
(d) She asks to hear some war stories.
2. How does Pettigrew feel about his son's hesitance to wed?
(a) He finds it absurd.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He understands completely.
(d) He is relieved.
3. How old is Mr. Pettigrew at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Pettigrew accuse Roger of being when he takes a lease on the cottage?
5. What does Mrs. Ali's family suggest that offends her?
(a) She should sell her hotel.
(b) She should retire.
(c) She should get re-married.
(d) She should move back to Pakistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Last Days of Pompeii party go?
2. What does Ferguson tell Pettigrew to be sure and do after the dance?
3. How is Mrs. Ali treated at the dance?
4. What is Mr. Pettigrew wearing at the beginning of the book?
5. What does the secretary say that upsets Pettigrew?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)