|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pettigrew regret when Mrs. Ali leaves the dance?
(a) Not defending her.
(b) Getting his award.
(c) Not going with her.
(d) All of these.
2. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
(a) He can't get across the bridge.
(b) He doesn't want to.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He doesn't have enough gas.
3. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
(a) He is too close to her.
(b) He has to take Grace home.
(c) He has done too much for him.
(d) He has an award to receive.
4. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
(a) Their seriousness.
(b) Their lack of humor.
(c) Their brevity.
(d) Their ineptitude.
5. How does Roger respond to his father's reasons for visiting Scotland?
(a) He starts a fight.
(b) He asks to join.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He goes back to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alec's wife planning?
2. What kind of business does Mrs. Ali own?
3. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
4. Why does Pettigrew feel so uncomfortable when the boy comes in the shop?
5. What do Sandy and Mrs. Augerspier discuss?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)