|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Major Pettigrew about his brother's death?
(a) His mail-man.
(b) His son.
(c) A courrier.
(d) His sister-in-law.
2. Why does Mr. Pettigrew live alone?
(a) His wife died.
(b) He is divorced.
(c) He is poor.
(d) His children live far away.
3. Why doesn't Mr. Pettigrew's oldest son take him to the funeral?
(a) He can't get across the bridge.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He doesn't have enough gas.
(d) He doesn't want to.
4. How long has Mr. Pettigrew been living alone?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. How does Mr. Pettigrew feel about his pedigree?
(a) He is ashamed of it.
(b) He can take it or leave it.
(c) He cherishes it.
(d) He doesn't know much about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mrs. Ali with her business?
2. What kind of dwelling is Mr. Pettigrew's house?
3. How long has Mr. Ali been dead?
4. How did Mr. Pettigrew prefer to raise children?
5. Who did Mr. Pettigrew serve with in the Military?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)