|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali allow her nephew to help in the shop?
(a) She loves him.
(b) It makes her feel safe.
(c) She knew of his secret.
(d) It is her duty.
2. What does Pettigrew think of Marjorie's grief over Bertie?
(a) It is too much.
(b) It is strange.
(c) It is not enough.
(d) It is appropriate.
3. What does Mrs. Ali come to Sunday tea to discuss?
(a) A book.
(b) The will.
(d) The golf club dance.
4. How does Pettigrew defend Mrs. Ali against the club ladies in her store?
(a) He invites her to the dance as his guest.
(b) He asks the ladies to leave.
(c) He buys a bag of groceries.
(d) He asks for a private word.
5. Why does Pettigrew find Roger's dance attire ironic?
(a) He hates the military.
(b) He is too big for the uniform.
(c) He looks natural in it.
(d) He seems over dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ali not let Pettigrew leave with her?
2. What bothers Pettigrew about most parents?
3. What does Pettigrew dislike about the women at the rehearsal?
4. How long is Pettigrew sick after the dance?
5. What does Sandy do to win approval in Pettigrew's eyes?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)