|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
2. What type of review does the theater group's play receive in the paper?
3. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
4. What movie does Carol criticize to Dr. Kennicott?
5. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character Carol and her expectations at the beginning of "Main Street."
Part 1) What are her expectations for her life?
Part 2) What are her expectations for other people?
Part 3) What are her expectations for the world?
Essay Topic 2
Ambition is a human characteristic that causes people to act. Chronicle the ambition of those who appear in "Main Street" and how that ambition or lack of it affects the lifestyle they live.
Essay Topic 3
Although Carol feels she is doing what she can to befriend the people of Gopher Prairie, some of her actions seem like insults to the locals.
Part1) Identify these actions.
Part 2) Discuss how they appear to those in Gopher Prairie.
Part 3) Analyze Carol's intentions.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)