|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
2. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
3. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
4. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
5. What does Erik want to do for a living?
Essay Topic 1
Although Carol feels she is doing what she can to befriend the people of Gopher Prairie, some of her actions seem like insults to the locals.
Part1) Identify these actions.
Part 2) Discuss how they appear to those in Gopher Prairie.
Part 3) Analyze Carol's intentions.
Essay Topic 2
Although Carol spends much of her time in Gopher Prairie complaining about the town, there are things that she grows to love. Analyze the different aspects of Gopher Prairie Carol appreciates and why.
Essay Topic 3
Choose from one of the following characters. Determine which character is the most toxic to Carol and why.
Part 1) Dr. Kennicott.
Part 2) Mrs. Bogart.
Part 3) Vida.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)