|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
2. What type of good deal does Dr. Kennicott make that he will not explain to Carol?
3. Who appoints Carol to the library board?
4. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
5. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carol is the main character in the novel "Main Street" and goes through many changes throughout the story. Who is Carol...
Part 1) When she first arrives in Gopher Prairie?
Part 2) When she leaves for D.C.?
Part 3) When she returns to Gopher Prairie?
Essay Topic 2
Setting is an important part of any novel, as it shapes the actions and lifestyle of the characters.
Part 1) Compare and contrast the different settings in "Main Street."
Part 2) Examine the effect of each setting on Carol.
Part 3) Determine why Carol's story is better told from the backdrop of Gopher Prairie.
Essay Topic 3
Choose from one of the following characters. Determine which character is the most toxic to Carol and why.
Part 1) Dr. Kennicott.
Part 2) Mrs. Bogart.
Part 3) Vida.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)