|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
2. What does Erik want to do for a living?
3. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
4. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
5. What game does Carol resent the men for playing without her?
Essay Topic 1
Although Carol feels she is doing what she can to befriend the people of Gopher Prairie, some of her actions seem like insults to the locals.
Part1) Identify these actions.
Part 2) Discuss how they appear to those in Gopher Prairie.
Part 3) Analyze Carol's intentions.
Essay Topic 2
Choose from one of the following characters. Determine which character is the most toxic to Carol and why.
Part 1) Dr. Kennicott.
Part 2) Mrs. Bogart.
Part 3) Vida.
Essay Topic 3
"Main Street" is set in a time period where women begin to have freedom and options other than marriage. Analyze the various women who appear in the first several chapters of "Main Street" and how they reflect the time period of the novel.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)