Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
2. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
3. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
4. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
5. What does Erik want to do for a living?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character Carol and her expectations at the beginning of "Main Street."
Part 1) What are her expectations for her life?
Part 2) What are her expectations for other people?
Part 3) What are her expectations for the world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the relationship between Carol and the Smails.
Essay Topic 3
"Main Street" is set in a time period where women begin to have freedom and options other than marriage. Analyze the various women who appear in the first several chapters of "Main Street" and how they reflect the time period of the novel.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)