|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first play Guy Pollock suggests the theater group should perform?
2. What woman invites Dr. Kennicott over for a beer?
3. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
4. When his wife dies, Carol discovers Champ where?
5. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Carol spends much of her time in Gopher Prairie complaining about the town, there are things that she grows to love. Analyze the different aspects of Gopher Prairie Carol appreciates and why.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Carol and Erik.
Part 1) How does the relationship begin?
Part 2) When does the relationship become serious?
Part 3) How does the relationship in?
Essay Topic 3
Carol's marriage to Dr. Kennicott and her move to Gopher Prairie is partly due to his suggestion that Carol can reform the town. Discuss the various ways Carol tries to live up this suggestion and whether her actions get results.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)