|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
2. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
3. What responsibility does Carol hold in her theater group?
4. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
5. What does Dr. Kennicott wish Carol would borrow, not buy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carol's marriage to Dr. Kennicott and her move to Gopher Prairie is partly due to his suggestion that Carol can reform the town. Discuss the various ways Carol tries to live up this suggestion and whether her actions get results.
Essay Topic 2
Choose from one of the following characters. Determine which character is the most toxic to Carol and why.
Part 1) Dr. Kennicott.
Part 2) Mrs. Bogart.
Part 3) Vida.
Essay Topic 3
"Main Street" is set in a time period where women begin to have freedom and options other than marriage. Analyze the various women who appear in the first several chapters of "Main Street" and how they reflect the time period of the novel.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)