|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the in-crowd refer to newcomer Erik as?
2. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
3. What movie does Carol criticize to Dr. Kennicott?
4. What nickname does Dr. Kennicott call Carol?
5. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the relationship between Carol and the Smails.
Essay Topic 2
Ambition is a human characteristic that causes people to act. Chronicle the ambition of those who appear in "Main Street" and how that ambition or lack of it affects the lifestyle they live.
Essay Topic 3
Carol is the main character in the novel "Main Street" and goes through many changes throughout the story. Who is Carol...
Part 1) When she first arrives in Gopher Prairie?
Part 2) When she leaves for D.C.?
Part 3) When she returns to Gopher Prairie?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)