|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
2. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
3. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 17's winter outing, what game does the group play?
5. What game does Carol resent the men for playing without her?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character Carol and her expectations at the beginning of "Main Street."
Part 1) What are her expectations for her life?
Part 2) What are her expectations for other people?
Part 3) What are her expectations for the world?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Kennicott is a cornerstone of the community, due to his medical experience. How is the medical community portrayed in "Main Street"?
Part 1) Discuss the type of medicine Dr. Kennicott practices.
Part 2) Analyze the type of patients Dr. Kennicott serves.
Part 3) Determine the level of purpose Dr. Kennicott's profession gives him in his life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the relationship between Carol and the Smails.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)