|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When his wife dies, Carol discovers Champ where?
2. Carol fears what, if she were to ask Dr. Kennicott for independence?
3. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
4. When the women of the town finally call on Bea when she is ill, how does Miles react?
5. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the relationship between Carol and the Smails.
Essay Topic 2
Carol's marriage to Dr. Kennicott and her move to Gopher Prairie is partly due to his suggestion that Carol can reform the town. Discuss the various ways Carol tries to live up this suggestion and whether her actions get results.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Carol and Erik.
Part 1) How does the relationship begin?
Part 2) When does the relationship become serious?
Part 3) How does the relationship in?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)