|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of liquor is Fern accused of abusing?
2. Who is Carol excited to call after returning from vacation?
3. What women did Dr. Kennicott flirt with prior to marrying Carol?
4. What does Raymie do for a living?
5. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the relationship between Carol and the Smails.
Essay Topic 2
Setting is an important part of any novel, as it shapes the actions and lifestyle of the characters.
Part 1) Compare and contrast the different settings in "Main Street."
Part 2) Examine the effect of each setting on Carol.
Part 3) Determine why Carol's story is better told from the backdrop of Gopher Prairie.
Essay Topic 3
Although Carol feels she is doing what she can to befriend the people of Gopher Prairie, some of her actions seem like insults to the locals.
Part1) Identify these actions.
Part 2) Discuss how they appear to those in Gopher Prairie.
Part 3) Analyze Carol's intentions.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)