|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
2. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
3. How is Hugh's emotional state described?
4. What is the first play Guy Pollock suggests the theater group should perform?
5. What does Erik want to do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose from one of the following characters. Determine which character is the most toxic to Carol and why.
Part 1) Dr. Kennicott.
Part 2) Mrs. Bogart.
Part 3) Vida.
Essay Topic 2
In "Main Street," the Jolly Seventeen is a group of women claiming to be the elite of Gopher Prairie.
Part 1) Analyze the women who lead the Jolly Seventeen.
Part 2) In what way do the actions of the Jolly Seventeen affect the citizens Gopher Prairie?
Part 3) How does Carol change thanks to the Jolly Seventeen?
Essay Topic 3
Although Carol tries to conform to what is expected in Gopher Prairie, she does not always remain with a conventional set of friends. Discuss the various characters Carol has befriended and why. Include...
1. Guy Pollock.
3. The Red Swede.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)