|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
2. What game does Carol resent the men for playing without her?
3. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
4. What does Miles do, following Bea's death?
5. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Carol spends much of her time in Gopher Prairie complaining about the town, there are things that she grows to love. Analyze the different aspects of Gopher Prairie Carol appreciates and why.
Essay Topic 2
For a newcomer, communication can be confusing in Gopher Prairie, as much of what is said is delivered with a smile. Discuss the various forms of communication in Gopher Prairie and how these forms of communication manipulate the information being delivered.
Essay Topic 3
In order to avoid facing the dull reality of her life, Carol often relies on fantasy. Discuss the various fantasies Carol puts to use to make her life in Gopher Prairie bearable.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)