|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
2. What does Vida become interested in, once married?
3. What do Bea and her son fall ill with?
4. When the Kennicott's return from vacation, Carol worries Hugh is what?
5. What game does Carol resent the men for playing without her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Injustice is not uncommon in Gopher Prairie. Identify and analyze some of the injustices that are accepted and appear throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Carol and Erik.
Part 1) How does the relationship begin?
Part 2) When does the relationship become serious?
Part 3) How does the relationship in?
Essay Topic 3
In "Main Street," the Jolly Seventeen is a group of women claiming to be the elite of Gopher Prairie.
Part 1) Analyze the women who lead the Jolly Seventeen.
Part 2) In what way do the actions of the Jolly Seventeen affect the citizens Gopher Prairie?
Part 3) How does Carol change thanks to the Jolly Seventeen?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)