|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's reluctance to have more children.
(b) Vida's wedding.
(c) Carol's fortieth birthday.
(d) The demolition of the town hall.
2. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) The poor.
(d) Her father.
3. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
(a) Shakespeare's Groundlings.
(b) The Art Club of Gopher Prairie.
(c) Gatekeepers of Gopher Prairie.
(d) The Gopher Prairie Dramatic Association.
4. Where do Vida and Raymie live?
(a) With the Kennicotts.
(b) The Ole Jenson house.
(c) Above the grocery.
(d) On the wrong side of the tracks.
5. Who appoints Carol to the library board?
(a) Dr. Westlake.
(b) Ole Jenson.
(c) Lyman Cass.
(d) Guy Pollock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What responsibility does Carol hold in her theater group?
2. How long of a vacation do the Kennicotts take?
3. What does the in-crowd refer to newcomer Erik as?
4. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
5. Who does Bea marry?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)