|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument lies useless in Carol's home?
(a) The violin.
(b) The harp.
(c) The flute.
(d) The clarinet.
2. In Chapter 17, what does Carol try to drink?
3. How is Mrs. Swiftwaite described?
(a) A "homewrecker."
(b) An "awful peroxide blond."
(c) A "very beautiful outsider."
(d) A "tramp that won't quit."
4. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
(a) Guy Pollock.
(b) The Red Swede.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
5. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
(a) At his hotel.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Boston.
(d) At his mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carol meet Erik?
2. In Chapter 24, what piece of clothing does Carol compare her life to?
3. How does Carol feel about Percy Bresnahan?
4. What does Erik want to do for a living?
5. Who is Hugh named after?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)