|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What women did Dr. Kennicott flirt with prior to marrying Carol?
(a) Mrs. Dawson.
(b) Mrs. Cass.
(c) Vida and Maud.
(d) Fern and Maud.
2. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
(a) Dr. Kennicott has a crush on her.
(b) Mrs. Flickerbaugh's unusual outfit.
(c) Carol doesn't like her.
(d) She walks with a limp.
3. What is the name of Percy Bresnahan's company?
(a) Ford and Percy Motors.
(b) Gilded Cages of Percy's Perfection.
(c) American Rides.
(d) Velvet Motor Car Company of Boston.
4. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
(a) It will change the world.
(b) Hopeful for industry.
(c) Saddened by the fighting.
(d) It's not their business.
5. In Chapter 24, what piece of clothing does Carol compare her life to?
(a) Bea's socks.
(b) Guy Pollocks yellow tie.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's hunting coat.
(d) Her wedding dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
2. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
3. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. What does the in-crowd refer to newcomer Erik as?
5. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)