|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(d) Mrs. Bogart.
2. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's reluctance to have more children.
(b) Vida's wedding.
(c) Carol's fortieth birthday.
(d) The demolition of the town hall.
3. How is Hugh's emotional state described?
(a) Pretty but dumb.
(b) Thoughtful and casual.
(c) Cold and calculating.
(d) Eager and sensitive.
4. In Chapter 33, what does Carol decide about Erik?
(a) She loves him.
(b) He is a crook.
(c) He is a pleasant distraction.
(d) He is a con artist.
5. Who is Carol excited to call after returning from vacation?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
2. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
3. What does Vida become interested in, once married?
4. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
5. What responsibility does Carol hold in her theater group?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)