|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
(a) The town honors her anniversary of living there.
(b) The Kennicott name is engraved in a church pew.
(c) She feels controlled by the town's mindset and fights.
(d) The Kennicotts are added to the census sign.
2. How old is Vida when she marries?
3. Who appoints Carol to the library board?
(a) Lyman Cass.
(b) Dr. Westlake.
(c) Guy Pollock.
(d) Ole Jenson.
4. In Chapter 33, what does Carol decide about Erik?
(a) He is a crook.
(b) He is a pleasant distraction.
(c) He is a con artist.
(d) She loves him.
5. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
(a) Money can buy happiness.
(b) Forget them all.
(c) I must go on.
(d) The best will win.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the shopkeeper want to sell Carol something better?
2. When his wife dies, Carol discovers Champ where?
3. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
4. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
5. What weather greets the Kennicotts when they return from vacation?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)