|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
(a) The demolition of the town hall.
(b) Carol's fortieth birthday.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's reluctance to have more children.
(d) Vida's wedding.
2. How long of a vacation do the Kennicotts take?
(a) 3.5 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 month.
3. What type of liquor is Fern accused of abusing?
4. In Chapter 21, what does Vida accuse Raymie of?
(a) "Flirting" with Carol.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) A dependence on liquor.
(d) Being "too apologetic."
5. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol tells Vida she can only be happy with what out of Gopher Prairie?
2. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
3. Who is Hugh named after?
4. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
5. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)