|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of glasses does Carol have to wear?
(a) Reading glasses.
(c) Rimless eyeglasses.
2. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
3. What women did Dr. Kennicott flirt with prior to marrying Carol?
(a) Vida and Maud.
(b) Fern and Maud.
(c) Mrs. Cass.
(d) Mrs. Dawson.
4. Who does Bea marry?
(a) The Red Swede.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
(d) Ezra Stowbody.
5. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
(a) Carol doesn't like her.
(b) She walks with a limp.
(c) Dr. Kennicott has a crush on her.
(d) Mrs. Flickerbaugh's unusual outfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
2. What ceremony does Carol resist imposing on her son?
3. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
4. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
5. What do Bea and her son fall ill with?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)