|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather greets the Kennicotts when they return from vacation?
(d) A tornado.
2. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
(c) No one will take the job.
(d) Juanita Haydock.
3. Carol fears what, if she were to ask Dr. Kennicott for independence?
(d) A beating.
4. How does Carol feel about Percy Bresnahan?
(a) All answer are correct.
(b) She admires him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is jealous of him.
5. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
(a) Dr. Kennicott has a crush on her.
(b) Mrs. Flickerbaugh's unusual outfit.
(c) Carol doesn't like her.
(d) She walks with a limp.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
2. What do Bea and her son fall ill with?
3. What nickname does Dr. Kennicott call Carol?
4. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
5. What type of good deal does Dr. Kennicott make that he will not explain to Carol?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)