|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carol meet Erik?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's office.
(b) The Hick's shop.
(c) In church.
(d) On the street.
2. How is Hugh's emotional state described?
(a) Thoughtful and casual.
(b) Cold and calculating.
(c) Pretty but dumb.
(d) Eager and sensitive.
3. How many hours was Carol in labor?
4. What does Miles do, following Bea's death?
(a) He lives with the Kennicotts.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He burns down his house.
(d) He goes back to school.
5. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
(a) It's not their business.
(b) It will change the world.
(c) Hopeful for industry.
(d) Saddened by the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 33, what does Carol decide about Erik?
2. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
3. In Chapter 24, what piece of clothing does Carol compare her life to?
4. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
5. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)