|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how does Carol feel about her husband?
(a) She believes he's hiding debt.
(b) She thinks he's an idiot.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She loathes him.
2. What does Stewart Snyder suggest Carol would be good at being?
(a) A scholar.
(c) A lawyer's wife.
(d) The president.
3. Who is the wealthiest woman in Gopher's Prairie?
(a) Mrs. Luke Dawson.
(b) Vida Sherwin.
(d) Bea's grandmother.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Carol begs to learn about what?
(b) Social graces.
(d) Dr. Kennicott's cases.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Carol treat the townspeople?
(a) She is fake.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She is extra friendly.
(d) She avoids them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Mrs. Bogart have?
2. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
3. In Chapter 12, what type of group does Carol start?
4. What surrounds Main Street?
5. Why does Carol like the Marburys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mrs. Bogart raised her sons to be good Christian boys. How do they turn out?
2. When Carol hosts a salon, what is the result?
3. Describe Carol's time in Washington.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Carol worry about, in terms of her relationships in the town?
5. When Dr. and Mrs. Kennicott return home, what is the response?
6. What role does Carol play at the beginning of Chapter 15 and why?
7. How does Carol imagine the war will affect Gopher Prairie's conversation? What is the actual outcome?
8. What is Fern accused of by Mrs. Bogart and what is the effect on Fern?
9. Why does Carol fight with her husband after her meeting with Guy Pollock?
10. What is Hugh's reaction upon Carol's description of what lies ahead for them, outside of Gopher Prairie?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)