|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carol consider a most "considerate" host?
(a) Mrs. Bogart.
(c) The Red Swede.
(d) Mrs. Haydock.
2. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
3. What type of party does Carol attempt to throw during the winter?
(d) All answers are correct.
4. What is the name of the in-crowd in Gopher Prairie?
(a) The Women's Society.
(b) The Jolly Seventeen.
(c) Gopher's Greats.
(d) The Gathering Harvest.
5. In Chapter 11, what public building does Carol mentally remodel?
(a) The school.
(b) The church.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Carol redecorates Dr. Kennicott's waiting room, he calls her actions what?
2. In Chapter 15, what role does Carol attempt to perfect?
3. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
4. How does Carol describe Mr. Dashaway's furniture?
5. What song does a boy on the train play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Carol the first time she walks about the Main Street?
2. During the summer, where do the women of Gopher Prairie leave their petty concerns behind?
3. Why does Carol panic when she arrives in Gopher Prairie?
4. How does Maud attempt to lure Dr. Kennicott to her home?
5. How does the Christmas holiday affect Carol?
6. What influence does Carol feel a doctor should exercise in his community?
7. What is Hugh's reaction upon Carol's description of what lies ahead for them, outside of Gopher Prairie?
8. In Chapter 24, Carol has strong opinions on how she is treated by others. How does she respond to these emotions?
9. Why does Carol choose not to plan for a new home?
10. What does Carol feel is missing in her marriage and how does she try to correct it?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)