|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carol's new home smell like?
(a) Florida Water.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Horse hair.
2. If farmers controlled Dr. Kennicott's rate, he's concerned they'd do what?
(a) Tax 50% of his profits.
(b) Put him on salary.
(c) Make him a rich man.
(d) Make him work for free.
3. What heinous act against an animal does Cy commit that Carol witnesses?
(a) Scaring a horse.
(b) Hanging a cat.
(c) Shooting a dog.
(d) Stepping on a mouse.
4. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
5. In Chapter 11, what public building does Carol mentally remodel?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The church.
(c) The school.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the in-crowd in Gopher Prairie?
2. In Chapter 14, what do Carol and Dr. Kennicott quarrel about building?
3. Who humiliates his wife in front of others about money?
4. Who does Carol consider a most "considerate" host?
5. How is Dr. Kennicott's office described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carol panic when she arrives in Gopher Prairie?
2. In Chapter 24, Carol has strong opinions on how she is treated by others. How does she respond to these emotions?
3. Why does Dr. Kennicott want Carol to shop at a different grocery store than the one she has been using? How does she feel about this?
4. When Miles leaves town, what does he do and how does the town react?
5. When Carol hosts a party in Chapter 6, she creates a wild atmosphere. Describe the game the guests play that is unconventional.
6. Through what club does Carol first feel like she might be able to make a difference in Gopher Prairie?
7. What upsets Carol the first time she walks about the Main Street?
8. What surprises Carol at the first meeting of the dramatic society?
9. Why does Carol choose not to plan for a new home?
10. How does Carol feel about Dr. Kennicott when she first meets him?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)