|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color scarf does Carol knit for her husband?
2. Who does Carol consider a most "considerate" host?
(a) The Red Swede.
(b) Mrs. Haydock.
(d) Mrs. Bogart.
3. What depresses Carol about the farmers on the train?
(a) They leer at her.
(b) They are drunk.
(c) They seem provincial.
(d) They all read books.
4. In what month does Carol move to Gopher Prairie?
(b) She does not move there.
5. Who has the Village Virus?
(a) Mrs. Perry.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Guy Pollock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol compares the women of Gopher Prairie to what animal?
2. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
3. How long does it take Carol to walk the town?
4. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
5. Dr. Kennicott requests that Carol start grocery shopping where?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dr. and Mrs. Kennicott return home, what is the response?
2. Describe the characters of Uncle Whittier and Aunt Bessie.
3. What drives Carol to go to Los Angeles?
4. What role does Carol play at the beginning of Chapter 15 and why?
5. The townspeople often ask Carol is she "finds Gopher Prairie pleasing." Why is their interest ironic?
6. How does the town react to the disastrous play performance?
7. Mrs. Bogart raised her sons to be good Christian boys. How do they turn out?
8. When and why do the women at the bridge club decide to accept Carol?
9. What is Hugh's reaction upon Carol's description of what lies ahead for them, outside of Gopher Prairie?
10. On the train ride Carol takes in Chapter 3, how are the passengers described?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)