|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the party hosts at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What type of shoes does Carol where on the train?
(b) Flip flops.
3. For what occasion does Dr. Kennicott think he was given a scarf?
(c) Valentine's Day.
4. Who is the wealthiest woman in Gopher's Prairie?
(a) Mrs. Luke Dawson.
(b) Vida Sherwin.
(c) Bea's grandmother.
5. What does Carol wish for at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Good spirits.
(b) A lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carol describe Mr. Dashaway's furniture?
2. What card game is frequently played by the in-crowd?
3. What man does Carol fantasize about in Chapter 10?
4. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Carol begs to learn about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. The novel Main Street declares what as the "great mystery about a human being?"
2. In Carol's eyes, how does the country compare to Main Street, and when does she determine this?
3. Carol and the women at the bridge game argue about the maids' wages. Why?
4. What is Carol's response to the film "Right on the Coco"?
5. Why does Dr. Kennicott want Carol to shop at a different grocery store than the one she has been using? How does she feel about this?
6. Why does Carol start a dramatic society?
7. What role does Carol play at the beginning of Chapter 15 and why?
8. Once Carol has her child, how does her life change?
9. How does the town react to the disastrous play performance?
10. When and why do the women at the bridge club decide to accept Carol?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)