|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Carol play?
(a) The drums.
(b) The piano.
(c) The harp.
(d) The harmonica.
2. How is Dr. Kennicott's office described?
3. Why does Carol like the Marburys?
(a) They are admiring.
(b) They are rich.
(c) They're good cooks.
(d) They are foreign.
4. What does The Red Swede do for a living?
5. What man does Carol fantasize about in Chapter 10?
(a) Earl Haydock.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) Guy Pollock.
(d) Cy Bogart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carol live following her time at college?
2. What heinous act against an animal does Cy commit that Carol witnesses?
3. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
4. What type of party does Carol attempt to throw during the winter?
5. If farmers controlled Dr. Kennicott's rate, he's concerned they'd do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Carol's response to the film "Right on the Coco"?
2. When Carol hosts a salon, what is the result?
3. What is the Village Virus and who describes it to Carol?
4. Describe the characters of Uncle Whittier and Aunt Bessie.
5. How does Maud attempt to lure Dr. Kennicott to her home?
6. What does Carol discover as the only sensible response to the tyranny of any small town like Gopher Prairie?
7. How does Dr. Kennicott react to Maud's invitation and why does he follow through?
8. What makes Carol return to Gopher Prairie for good?
9. Once Carol has her child, how does her life change?
10. On the train ride Carol takes in Chapter 3, how are the passengers described?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)