|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
(a) The Gopher Prairie Tattle.
(b) The Gopher Prairie Weekly Dauntless.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) The Gopher Times.
2. In Carol's college, the girls who are not engaged plan to do what?
(b) Go overseas.
(c) Become nannies.
(d) Run for political office.
3. During Chapter 5, Dr. Kennicott asks a farmer's wife for what?
4. What word scares Carol in Chapter 3, Part III?
5. In Chapter 14, what do Carol and Dr. Kennicott quarrel about building?
(a) The engine on her car.
(b) A sunroom.
(c) A new house.
(d) A pole barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what public building does Carol mentally remodel?
2. Why does Carol like the Marburys?
3. When Carol redecorates Dr. Kennicott's waiting room, he calls her actions what?
4. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
5. What does The Red Swede call the Jolly Seventeen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What drives Carol to go to Los Angeles?
2. At what point does Carol make the decision that she has to stop being embarrassed about the gossip and make a place for herself in the town?
3. What is the Village Virus and who describes it to Carol?
4. What is Carol's response to the film "Right on the Coco"?
5. What is Carol's family background and how does this affect her financial situation?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Carol worry about, in terms of her relationships in the town?
7. How does the Christmas holiday affect Carol?
8. What is Carol worried about when she leaves from first private talk with Guy Pollock?
9. How does the town react to the disastrous play performance?
10. The library board shocks Carol. Why?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)