|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
2. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
3. Who first tells Carol that the town gossips about her?
(a) Mrs. Haydock.
(b) Maud Dyer.
(c) Vida Sherwin.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
4. What does The Red Swede call the Jolly Seventeen?
5. Who does Carol consider a most "considerate" host?
(b) The Red Swede.
(c) Mrs. Bogart.
(d) Mrs. Haydock.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Carol say she could have kissed Guy Pollock?
2. For what occasion does Dr. Kennicott think he was given a scarf?
3. What is Carol's winter coat made of?
4. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
5. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what point does Carol make the decision that she has to stop being embarrassed about the gossip and make a place for herself in the town?
2. How does Maud attempt to lure Dr. Kennicott to her home?
3. Why does Carol start a dramatic society?
4. What is Carol's family background and how does this affect her financial situation?
5. What is Carol worried about when she leaves from first private talk with Guy Pollock?
6. In what way does Carol try to convince herself Gopher Prairie is like New York?
7. What is Hugh's reaction upon Carol's description of what lies ahead for them, outside of Gopher Prairie?
8. Why does Carol fight with her husband after her meeting with Guy Pollock?
9. The library board shocks Carol. Why?
10. When first Erik comes to town, why do people make fun of him? How does Carol react to this?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)