|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carol choose not to do in Chapter 10, for fear of judgment?
(a) Help the poor.
(b) Drink at dinner.
(c) Talk of her husband.
(d) Eat dessert.
2. What does Stewart Snyder suggest Carol would be good at being?
(a) A scholar.
(b) A lawyer's wife.
(c) The president.
3. How long does it take Carol to walk the town?
(a) The day.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 32 minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
4. What is unique about the suit Carol wears in Chapter 9?
(a) It's Chanel.
(b) It's checkered.
(c) It's vintage.
(d) It's bright pink.
5. What instrument does Carol play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The drums.
(c) The harmonica.
(d) The harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color ties do the delinquents in town wear?
2. Who first tells Carol that the town gossips about her?
3. What man does Carol fantasize about in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
5. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Vida Sherwin's relationship with Carol become surprising?
2. In what way does Carol try to convince herself Gopher Prairie is like New York?
3. How does the town react to the disastrous play performance?
4. When Carol hosts a party in Chapter 6, she creates a wild atmosphere. Describe the game the guests play that is unconventional.
5. On the train ride Carol takes in Chapter 3, how are the passengers described?
6. What role does Carol play at the beginning of Chapter 15 and why?
7. The library board shocks Carol. Why?
8. At what point does Carol make the decision that she has to stop being embarrassed about the gossip and make a place for herself in the town?
9. What makes Carol return to Gopher Prairie for good?
10. Why does Carol choose not to plan for a new home?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)