|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds Main Street?
(a) The prairie.
(b) City streets.
(c) Fields of corn.
2. What card game is frequently played by the in-crowd?
3. What vice of Dr. Kennicott's does Carol despise?
(b) Chewing tobacco.
4. In what month does Carol move to Gopher Prairie?
(a) She does not move there.
5. What heinous act against an animal does Cy commit that Carol witnesses?
(a) Shooting a dog.
(b) Scaring a horse.
(c) Hanging a cat.
(d) Stepping on a mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
2. What is the name of the in-crowd in Gopher Prairie?
3. Dr. Kennicott requests that Carol start grocery shopping where?
4. What does The Red Swede call the Jolly Seventeen?
5. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the people of Gopher Prairie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Main Street in Gopher Prairie.
2. Mrs. Bogart raised her sons to be good Christian boys. How do they turn out?
3. When Carol moves to town, how do the other women feel about her and why?
4. What influence does Carol feel a doctor should exercise in his community?
5. How does Dr. Kennicott react to Maud's invitation and why does he follow through?
6. Describe the character Carol.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Carol worry about, in terms of her relationships in the town?
8. When and why do the women at the bridge club decide to accept Carol?
9. At what point does Carol make the decision that she has to stop being embarrassed about the gossip and make a place for herself in the town?
10. What does Carol discover as the only sensible response to the tyranny of any small town like Gopher Prairie?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)