|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carol raves about her husband to whom, following the Dutch woman's surgery?
(a) Guy Pollock.
(b) Mrs. Haydock.
2. What surrounds Main Street?
(b) The prairie.
(c) Fields of corn.
(d) City streets.
3. When Gopher Prairie was founded, how many houses were put up?
(a) One hundred.
4. What word scares Carol in Chapter 3, Part III?
5. In Chapter 5, Carol refers to Dr. Kennicott as what?
(a) Mr. Capitalist.
(b) The Lord of the Manor.
(c) The Almighty Doctor.
(d) Dr. Inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carol consider a most "considerate" host?
2. In Chapter 11, what public building does Carol mentally remodel?
3. What could have blown up Dr. Kennicott and Carol during the amputation?
4. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
5. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carol panic when she arrives in Gopher Prairie?
2. The townspeople often talk about money. What are some examples of this and how it affects Carol?
3. In what way does Carol try to convince herself Gopher Prairie is like New York?
4. When Carol visits Guy Pollock for the first time, what simple gestures suddenly appear heightened?
5. When does Vida Sherwin's relationship with Carol become surprising?
6. When Carol hosts a salon, what is the result?
7. When Dr. and Mrs. Kennicott return home, what is the response?
8. Describe Main Street in Gopher Prairie.
9. When first Erik comes to town, why do people make fun of him? How does Carol react to this?
10. What upsets Carol the first time she walks about the Main Street?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)