|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Carol's college, the girls who are not engaged plan to do what?
(b) Go overseas.
(c) Run for political office.
(d) Become nannies.
2. Where does Carol attend college?
(a) The University of Michigan.
(b) DePaul University.
(c) Blodgett College.
(d) Virginia Tech.
3. What is Carol's relationship to money?
(a) She is obsessed with it.
(b) She is extravagant.
(c) She dislikes it.
(d) She is stingy.
4. If farmers controlled Dr. Kennicott's rate, he's concerned they'd do what?
(a) Make him a rich man.
(b) Put him on salary.
(c) Tax 50% of his profits.
(d) Make him work for free.
5. What vice of Dr. Kennicott's does Carol despise?
(a) Chewing tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
2. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
3. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
4. In Chapter 5, Carol refers to Dr. Kennicott as what?
5. In Chapter 12, what type of group does Carol start?
Short Essay Questions
1. What drives Carol to go to Los Angeles?
2. What is Carol's response to the film "Right on the Coco"?
3. How does the Christmas holiday affect Carol?
4. Why is Vida interested in Raymie?
5. When Carol hosts a party in Chapter 6, she creates a wild atmosphere. Describe the game the guests play that is unconventional.
6. What does Carol discover as the only sensible response to the tyranny of any small town like Gopher Prairie?
7. When Carol visits Minneapolis, she is worried that the porter at the hotel thinks she is what? Why is this significant?
8. Carol and the women at the bridge game argue about the maids' wages. Why?
9. During the summer, where do the women of Gopher Prairie leave their petty concerns behind?
10. What "great change" happens to Carol in Chapter 19?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)