|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
2. Where does Carol live following her time at college?
(a) New York.
3. What type of operation does Dr. Kennicott perform in a Dutch woman's kitchen?
(b) An appendix removal.
(c) Intestinal surgery.
(d) A tooth extraction.
4. Which neighbor spies on Carol?
(a) The Reverand.
(b) Mrs. Bogart.
(c) Mrs. Dyer.
5. What does The Red Swede do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Carol and Dr. Kennicott purchase a summer home?
2. In Chapter 10, who does Carol have supper with?
3. During Chapter 5, Dr. Kennicott asks a farmer's wife for what?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Carol begs to learn about what?
5. Why does Carol like the Marburys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mrs. Bogart raised her sons to be good Christian boys. How do they turn out?
2. When Dr. and Mrs. Kennicott return home, what is the response?
3. What does Carol feel is missing in her marriage and how does she try to correct it?
4. What upsets Carol the first time she walks about the Main Street?
5. In what way does Carol try to convince herself Gopher Prairie is like New York?
6. What "great change" happens to Carol in Chapter 19?
7. Why is Vida interested in Raymie?
8. How does Carol feel about Dr. Kennicott when she first meets him?
9. Describe Carol's time in Washington.
10. At what point does Carol make the decision that she has to stop being embarrassed about the gossip and make a place for herself in the town?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)