|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word scares Carol in Chapter 3, Part III?
2. Where does Carol live following her time at college?
(d) New York.
3. What does Carol wish for at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A lover.
(c) Good spirits.
4. What type of shoes does Carol where on the train?
(c) Flip flops.
5. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) A woman's study group.
(b) The choir.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
2. Dr. Kennicott requests that Carol start grocery shopping where?
3. How many children does Mrs. Bogart have?
4. What color ties do the delinquents in town wear?
5. Who lost money due to investing in an elevator?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Carol try to convince herself Gopher Prairie is like New York?
2. What "great change" happens to Carol in Chapter 19?
3. How does the Christmas holiday affect Carol?
4. Why does Carol start a dramatic society?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Carol worry about, in terms of her relationships in the town?
6. What surprises Carol at the first meeting of the dramatic society?
7. When Carol hosts a party in Chapter 6, she creates a wild atmosphere. Describe the game the guests play that is unconventional.
8. Why does Carol fight with her husband after her meeting with Guy Pollock?
9. When Miles leaves town, what does he do and how does the town react?
10. Describe Carol's time in Washington.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)