|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
(b) A woman's study group.
(c) The library.
(d) The choir.
2. For what occasion does Dr. Kennicott think he was given a scarf?
(c) Valentine's Day.
3. What type of operation does Dr. Kennicott perform in a Dutch woman's kitchen?
(b) An appendix removal.
(c) Intestinal surgery.
(d) A tooth extraction.
4. In what month does Carol move to Gopher Prairie?
(b) She does not move there.
5. What color ties do the delinquents in town wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What heinous act against an animal does Cy commit that Carol witnesses?
2. In Chapter 5, Carol refers to Dr. Kennicott as what?
3. What is the name of the in-crowd in Gopher Prairie?
4. In Chapter 14, what do Carol and Dr. Kennicott quarrel about building?
5. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the summer, where do the women of Gopher Prairie leave their petty concerns behind?
2. In Chapter 24, Carol has strong opinions on how she is treated by others. How does she respond to these emotions?
3. When Carol hosts a salon, what is the result?
4. How does the town react to the disastrous play performance?
5. When Carol moves to town, how do the other women feel about her and why?
6. Why is Vida interested in Raymie?
7. Carol and the women at the bridge game argue about the maids' wages. Why?
8. Why does Carol panic when she arrives in Gopher Prairie?
9. How does Carol feel about Dr. Kennicott when she first meets him?
10. Describe Main Street in Gopher Prairie.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)