|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather greets the Kennicotts when they return from vacation?
(b) A tornado.
2. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
(a) A love for sports.
(b) The same middle name.
(c) The same birthday.
(d) A love for books.
3. Who does Bea marry?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
(b) Ezra Stowbody.
(c) The Red Swede.
4. When his wife dies, Carol discovers Champ where?
(a) On the railroad tracks.
(b) Lying across his wife's grave.
(c) In her house.
(d) On a ledge.
5. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A sapphire bracelet.
(b) A ruby pendant.
(c) A diamond bar-pin.
(d) A pearl necklace.
6. In Chapter 24, what piece of clothing does Carol compare her life to?
(a) Guy Pollocks yellow tie.
(b) Bea's socks.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's hunting coat.
(d) Her wedding dress.
7. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
8. Where do Vida and Raymie live?
(a) Above the grocery.
(b) On the wrong side of the tracks.
(c) With the Kennicotts.
(d) The Ole Jenson house.
9. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
(a) Juanita Haydock.
(b) No one will take the job.
10. How old is Vida when she marries?
11. How many hours was Carol in labor?
12. Who do Carol and Dr. Kennicott run into in Minneapolis?
(b) The McGanums.
(c) The Dyers.
(d) Mrs. Bogart.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what winter activity does Carol partake in?
(a) A snowball fight.
(b) Sleigh riding.
(c) Hanging mistletoe.
(d) Shoveling snow.
14. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
(a) The Girl From Kankakee.
(b) The Boy From Kentucky.
(c) The Merchant of Venice.
(d) A Comedy of Errors.
15. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
(a) She walks with a limp.
(b) Dr. Kennicott has a crush on her.
(c) Mrs. Flickerbaugh's unusual outfit.
(d) Carol doesn't like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
2. What does Raymie do for a living?
3. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
4. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
5. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)