|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of review does the theater group's play receive in the paper?
(a) An embarrassing review.
(b) A lukewarm review.
(c) Well-deserved praise.
(d) A dishonest, glowing review.
2. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
(a) The Red Swede.
(c) Guy Pollock.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
3. How many hours was Carol in labor?
4. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
(a) Poor performances.
(c) The passion of the play.
(d) A lack of commitment.
5. Where does Carol meet Erik?
(a) The Hick's shop.
(b) In church.
(c) On the street.
(d) Dr. Kennicott's office.
6. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A sapphire bracelet.
(c) A diamond bar-pin.
(d) A ruby pendant.
7. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
(b) Carol Churchill.
(d) Sam Shephard.
8. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
9. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
10. What woman invites Dr. Kennicott over for a beer?
(a) Mrs. Dyer.
(b) Mrs. Westlake.
11. What does Miles do, following Bea's death?
(a) He lives with the Kennicotts.
(b) He goes back to school.
(c) He leaves town.
(d) He burns down his house.
12. What type of good deal does Dr. Kennicott make that he will not explain to Carol?
(a) A land deal.
(b) He gets a great price on a car.
(c) A partnership at his practice.
(d) A pharmaceutical monopoly.
13. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
(a) Gatekeepers of Gopher Prairie.
(b) The Art Club of Gopher Prairie.
(c) The Gopher Prairie Dramatic Association.
(d) Shakespeare's Groundlings.
14. When his wife dies, Carol discovers Champ where?
(a) On a ledge.
(b) Lying across his wife's grave.
(c) In her house.
(d) On the railroad tracks.
15. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(b) Mrs. Bogart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
2. Who moves into Carol's home?
3. Why does the shopkeeper want to sell Carol something better?
4. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
5. How is Hugh's emotional state described?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)