|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
(a) A Comedy of Errors.
(b) The Boy From Kentucky.
(c) The Girl From Kankakee.
(d) The Merchant of Venice.
2. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
(a) The Art Club of Gopher Prairie.
(b) Gatekeepers of Gopher Prairie.
(c) The Gopher Prairie Dramatic Association.
(d) Shakespeare's Groundlings.
3. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
(a) It's not their business.
(b) Saddened by the fighting.
(c) Hopeful for industry.
(d) It will change the world.
4. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
(b) Wind storms.
(d) Dust bowls.
5. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(b) Mrs. Bogart.
6. How old is Vida when she marries?
7. What does Dr. Kennicott wish Carol would borrow, not buy?
8. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
(a) No one will take the job.
(b) Juanita Haydock.
9. Who plays a game with Carol, as though she is going to shoot him?
(b) Dave Dyer.
(c) Percy Bresnahan.
10. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
(a) Patroness and manager.
(b) Maid of Honor.
(d) The piano player.
11. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
(a) She feels controlled by the town's mindset and fights.
(b) The Kennicotts are added to the census sign.
(c) The town honors her anniversary of living there.
(d) The Kennicott name is engraved in a church pew.
12. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
(a) A love for sports.
(b) A love for books.
(c) The same middle name.
(d) The same birthday.
13. What type of glasses does Carol have to wear?
(a) Reading glasses.
(b) Rimless eyeglasses.
14. When the Kennicott's return from vacation, Carol worries Hugh is what?
(a) Mad at them.
15. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mrs. Swiftwaite described?
2. What is the name of Percy Bresnahan's company?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what winter activity does Carol partake in?
4. During the war, Carol is a volunteer what?
5. How long of a vacation do the Kennicotts take?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)