|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman invites Dr. Kennicott over for a beer?
(b) Mrs. Dyer.
(c) Mrs. Westlake.
2. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
(a) He is a drunk.
(b) He has a secret fortune.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He is German.
3. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
4. During the war, what does Cy develop a positive reputation for?
(a) Enlisting in the army.
(b) Beating up a local German.
(c) Being faithful to his wife.
(d) Organizing a food drive.
5. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
(a) At his mother's.
(b) At his hotel.
(c) In Boston.
(d) In New York.
6. In Chapter 33, what does Carol decide about Erik?
(a) She loves him.
(b) He is a crook.
(c) He is a con artist.
(d) He is a pleasant distraction.
7. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
(a) The Kennicott name is engraved in a church pew.
(b) The Kennicotts are added to the census sign.
(c) She feels controlled by the town's mindset and fights.
(d) The town honors her anniversary of living there.
8. During the war, Carol is a volunteer what?
(b) Community kitchen leader.
9. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's reluctance to have more children.
(b) Carol's fortieth birthday.
(c) Vida's wedding.
(d) The demolition of the town hall.
10. What does Dr. Kennicott wish Carol would borrow, not buy?
11. What type of liquor is Fern accused of abusing?
12. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
(a) Poor performances.
(c) The passion of the play.
(d) A lack of commitment.
13. In Chapter 24, what piece of clothing does Carol compare her life to?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Guy Pollocks yellow tie.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's hunting coat.
(d) Bea's socks.
14. What game does Carol resent the men for playing without her?
(a) All of the above.
15. How many hours was Carol in labor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
2. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
3. How is Hugh's emotional state described?
4. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
5. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)