|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The poor.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
2. Who does Bea marry?
(a) The Red Swede.
(b) Ezra Stowbody.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
3. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
(a) At his hotel.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Boston.
(d) At his mother's.
4. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
(a) Vida's wedding.
(b) Dr. Kennicott's reluctance to have more children.
(c) The demolition of the town hall.
(d) Carol's fortieth birthday.
5. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
(a) The Merchant of Venice.
(b) The Boy From Kentucky.
(c) A Comedy of Errors.
(d) The Girl From Kankakee.
6. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
7. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
(a) The same birthday.
(b) A love for sports.
(c) A love for books.
(d) The same middle name.
8. What nickname does Dr. Kennicott call Carol?
9. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
10. What does Dr. Kennicott wish Carol would borrow, not buy?
11. What instrument lies useless in Carol's home?
(a) The flute.
(b) The violin.
(c) The clarinet.
(d) The harp.
12. Where does Carol meet Erik?
(a) The Hick's shop.
(b) In church.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's office.
(d) On the street.
13. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(d) Mrs. Bogart.
14. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
(a) I must go on.
(b) Forget them all.
(c) The best will win.
(d) Money can buy happiness.
15. What does Erik want to do for a living?
(a) Design women's clothing.
(b) Join the opera.
(c) Open a school for the blind.
(d) Be a dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the war, Carol is a volunteer what?
2. What do Bea and her son fall ill with?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what winter activity does Carol partake in?
4. What does Raymie do for a living?
5. How old is Vida when she marries?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)