|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
(a) Juanita Haydock.
(c) No one will take the job.
2. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
(a) The Art Club of Gopher Prairie.
(b) Gatekeepers of Gopher Prairie.
(c) The Gopher Prairie Dramatic Association.
(d) Shakespeare's Groundlings.
3. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(d) Mrs. Bogart.
4. When the Kennicott's return from vacation, Carol worries Hugh is what?
(a) Mad at them.
5. How is Hugh's emotional state described?
(a) Thoughtful and casual.
(b) Eager and sensitive.
(c) Cold and calculating.
(d) Pretty but dumb.
6. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
7. What does Erik want to do for a living?
(a) Be a dancer.
(b) Open a school for the blind.
(c) Design women's clothing.
(d) Join the opera.
8. What type of glasses does Carol have to wear?
(a) Reading glasses.
(d) Rimless eyeglasses.
9. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
(a) Screen in the porch.
(b) Repair the floor.
(c) Fix the oil leak on the car.
(d) Change the light fixtures.
10. What type of good deal does Dr. Kennicott make that he will not explain to Carol?
(a) A partnership at his practice.
(b) A land deal.
(c) A pharmaceutical monopoly.
(d) He gets a great price on a car.
11. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
(a) The Kennicotts are added to the census sign.
(b) The Kennicott name is engraved in a church pew.
(c) She feels controlled by the town's mindset and fights.
(d) The town honors her anniversary of living there.
12. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
(a) In New York.
(b) In Boston.
(c) At his hotel.
(d) At his mother's.
13. In Chapter 17, what does Carol try to drink?
14. During the war, Carol is a volunteer what?
(b) Community kitchen leader.
15. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first play Guy Pollock suggests the theater group should perform?
2. Who is Hugh named after?
3. In Chapter 17's winter outing, what game does the group play?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what winter activity does Carol partake in?
5. Who is Carol excited to call after returning from vacation?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)