|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
2. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
(a) In Boston.
(b) In New York.
(c) At his mother's.
(d) At his hotel.
3. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
(a) The piano player.
(c) Maid of Honor.
(d) Patroness and manager.
4. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
(c) Carol Churchill.
(d) Sam Shephard.
5. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
(a) Wind storms.
(c) Dust bowls.
6. When the Kennicott's return from vacation, Carol worries Hugh is what?
(a) Mad at them.
7. What ceremony does Carol resist imposing on her son?
(a) School admission.
(d) Introduction into society.
8. How does Carol feel about Percy Bresnahan?
(a) She is jealous of him.
(b) She admires him.
(c) All answer are correct.
(d) She is afraid of him.
9. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
10. What type of glasses does Carol have to wear?
(a) Reading glasses.
(c) Rimless eyeglasses.
11. During the war, what does Cy develop a positive reputation for?
(a) Enlisting in the army.
(b) Being faithful to his wife.
(c) Beating up a local German.
(d) Organizing a food drive.
12. What responsibility does Carol hold in her theater group?
(a) Stage star.
(c) President and secretary.
(d) Director and president.
13. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
14. Who is Carol excited to call after returning from vacation?
(c) No one.
15. In Chapter 17's winter outing, what game does the group play?
(a) Snow tag.
(b) Hide and seek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Percy Bresnahan hold at his company?
2. Who appoints Carol to the library board?
3. What weather greets the Kennicotts when they return from vacation?
4. Who is Hugh named after?
5. What does Erik want to do for a living?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)