|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
(a) Dr. Kennicott has a crush on her.
(b) Mrs. Flickerbaugh's unusual outfit.
(c) Carol doesn't like her.
(d) She walks with a limp.
2. What type of review does the theater group's play receive in the paper?
(a) Well-deserved praise.
(b) A lukewarm review.
(c) An embarrassing review.
(d) A dishonest, glowing review.
3. What movie does Carol criticize to Dr. Kennicott?
(a) Down Over Yonder.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Right on the Coco.
4. Who do Carol and Dr. Kennicott run into in Minneapolis?
(a) Mrs. Bogart.
(c) The Dyers.
(d) The McGanums.
5. What does Dr. Kennicott wish Carol would borrow, not buy?
6. In Chapter 17's winter outing, what game does the group play?
(a) Hide and seek.
(c) Snow tag.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what winter activity does Carol partake in?
(a) Sleigh riding.
(b) A snowball fight.
(c) Hanging mistletoe.
(d) Shoveling snow.
8. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
9. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
(a) Dr. Kennicott.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The poor.
10. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
(a) Carol's fortieth birthday.
(b) Dr. Kennicott's reluctance to have more children.
(c) The demolition of the town hall.
(d) Vida's wedding.
11. How is Hugh's emotional state described?
(a) Eager and sensitive.
(b) Thoughtful and casual.
(c) Pretty but dumb.
(d) Cold and calculating.
12. What does Vida become interested in, once married?
13. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
14. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
(a) Money can buy happiness.
(b) Forget them all.
(c) I must go on.
(d) The best will win.
15. Who plays a game with Carol, as though she is going to shoot him?
(a) Dave Dyer.
(b) Percy Bresnahan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appoints Carol to the library board?
2. What game does Carol resent the men for playing without her?
3. Carol fears what, if she were to ask Dr. Kennicott for independence?
4. During the war, Carol is a volunteer what?
5. What is the first play Guy Pollock suggests the theater group should perform?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)