|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 33, what does Carol decide about Erik?
(a) He is a pleasant distraction.
(b) He is a crook.
(c) He is a con artist.
(d) She loves him.
2. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(c) Mrs. Bogart.
3. Where do Vida and Raymie live?
(a) The Ole Jenson house.
(b) Above the grocery.
(c) On the wrong side of the tracks.
(d) With the Kennicotts.
4. When the Kennicott's return from vacation, Carol worries Hugh is what?
(d) Mad at them.
5. What does Vida become interested in, once married?
6. What does the in-crowd refer to newcomer Erik as?
7. Carol fears what, if she were to ask Dr. Kennicott for independence?
(a) A beating.
8. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
(a) Dr. Kennicott.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) The poor.
9. What woman invites Dr. Kennicott over for a beer?
(a) Mrs. Dyer.
(c) Mrs. Westlake.
10. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
(a) It will change the world.
(b) It's not their business.
(c) Saddened by the fighting.
(d) Hopeful for industry.
11. What position does Percy Bresnahan hold at his company?
(a) Financial advisor.
12. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
(a) Carol's fortieth birthday.
(b) Dr. Kennicott's reluctance to have more children.
(c) The demolition of the town hall.
(d) Vida's wedding.
13. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
14. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
(a) She feels controlled by the town's mindset and fights.
(b) The town honors her anniversary of living there.
(c) The Kennicotts are added to the census sign.
(d) The Kennicott name is engraved in a church pew.
15. In Chapter 17's winter outing, what game does the group play?
(a) Hide and seek.
(d) Snow tag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
2. What does Erik want to do for a living?
3. Carol tells Vida she can only be happy with what out of Gopher Prairie?
4. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What game does Carol resent the men for playing without her?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)