|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
2. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
3. What type of review does the theater group's play receive in the paper?
(a) A lukewarm review.
(b) An embarrassing review.
(c) A dishonest, glowing review.
(d) Well-deserved praise.
4. How is Hugh's emotional state described?
(a) Eager and sensitive.
(b) Cold and calculating.
(c) Thoughtful and casual.
(d) Pretty but dumb.
5. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) The poor.
6. Who appoints Carol to the library board?
(a) Ole Jenson.
(b) Dr. Westlake.
(c) Guy Pollock.
(d) Lyman Cass.
7. During the war, what does Cy develop a positive reputation for?
(a) Enlisting in the army.
(b) Being faithful to his wife.
(c) Organizing a food drive.
(d) Beating up a local German.
8. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
(b) Patroness and manager.
(c) The piano player.
(d) Maid of Honor.
9. What does Raymie do for a living?
10. What instrument lies useless in Carol's home?
(a) The clarinet.
(b) The harp.
(c) The violin.
(d) The flute.
11. In Chapter 24, what piece of clothing does Carol compare her life to?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's hunting coat.
(b) Bea's socks.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Guy Pollocks yellow tie.
12. What responsibility does Carol hold in her theater group?
(b) Stage star.
(c) Director and president.
(d) President and secretary.
13. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
(a) Fix the oil leak on the car.
(b) Repair the floor.
(c) Change the light fixtures.
(d) Screen in the porch.
14. What movie does Carol criticize to Dr. Kennicott?
(a) Right on the Coco.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Down Over Yonder.
15. Carol tells Vida she can only be happy with what out of Gopher Prairie?
(b) It's destruction.
(c) A renaissance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of glasses does Carol have to wear?
2. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
3. What ceremony does Carol resist imposing on her son?
4. What women did Dr. Kennicott flirt with prior to marrying Carol?
5. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)