|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
(a) Dr. Kennicott.
(b) The poor.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
2. Who does Bea marry?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
(b) The Red Swede.
(c) Ezra Stowbody.
3. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
(a) Shakespeare's Groundlings.
(b) The Art Club of Gopher Prairie.
(c) Gatekeepers of Gopher Prairie.
(d) The Gopher Prairie Dramatic Association.
4. What women did Dr. Kennicott flirt with prior to marrying Carol?
(a) Mrs. Cass.
(b) Mrs. Dawson.
(c) Fern and Maud.
(d) Vida and Maud.
5. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
(a) He has a secret fortune.
(b) He is German.
(c) He is a drunk.
(d) He didn't love her.
6. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
(a) The Boy From Kentucky.
(b) A Comedy of Errors.
(c) The Girl From Kankakee.
(d) The Merchant of Venice.
7. Who moves into Carol's home?
(a) The Smails.
(b) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
(c) Mrs. Dyer.
(d) Her sister.
8. Who do Carol and Dr. Kennicott run into in Minneapolis?
(a) Mrs. Bogart.
(b) The Dyers.
(c) The McGanums.
9. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(c) Mrs. Bogart.
10. What is the first play Guy Pollock suggests the theater group should perform?
(a) Inherit the Wind.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) School for Scandal.
(d) Dogs and Catfights.
11. What woman invites Dr. Kennicott over for a beer?
(b) Mrs. Dyer.
(c) Mrs. Westlake.
12. What nickname does Dr. Kennicott call Carol?
13. What type of review does the theater group's play receive in the paper?
(a) An embarrassing review.
(b) A lukewarm review.
(c) Well-deserved praise.
(d) A dishonest, glowing review.
14. In Chapter 21, what does Vida accuse Raymie of?
(a) A dependence on liquor.
(b) "Flirting" with Carol.
(c) Being "too apologetic."
(d) Having an affair.
15. What does Vida become interested in, once married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
2. What do Bea and her son fall ill with?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Carol try to drink?
4. Where does Carol meet Erik?
5. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)