|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours was Carol in labor?
2. What women did Dr. Kennicott flirt with prior to marrying Carol?
(a) Fern and Maud.
(b) Vida and Maud.
(c) Mrs. Dawson.
(d) Mrs. Cass.
3. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
(a) The best will win.
(b) Forget them all.
(c) Money can buy happiness.
(d) I must go on.
4. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
(a) The same middle name.
(b) The same birthday.
(c) A love for books.
(d) A love for sports.
5. What is the name of Percy Bresnahan's company?
(a) American Rides.
(b) Velvet Motor Car Company of Boston.
(c) Gilded Cages of Percy's Perfection.
(d) Ford and Percy Motors.
6. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(c) Mrs. Bogart.
7. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
8. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
(a) In Boston.
(b) At his hotel.
(c) In New York.
(d) At his mother's.
9. Carol tells Vida she can only be happy with what out of Gopher Prairie?
(c) It's destruction.
(d) A renaissance.
10. What woman invites Dr. Kennicott over for a beer?
(a) Mrs. Westlake.
(b) Mrs. Dyer.
11. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
(a) Repair the floor.
(b) Screen in the porch.
(c) Change the light fixtures.
(d) Fix the oil leak on the car.
12. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
(a) The Gopher Prairie Dramatic Association.
(b) Shakespeare's Groundlings.
(c) Gatekeepers of Gopher Prairie.
(d) The Art Club of Gopher Prairie.
13. Why does the shopkeeper want to sell Carol something better?
(a) He does not like Carol.
(b) She is the doctor's wife.
(c) He has a crush on her.
(d) He knows the codfish is bad.
14. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
(a) She walks with a limp.
(b) Dr. Kennicott has a crush on her.
(c) Mrs. Flickerbaugh's unusual outfit.
(d) Carol doesn't like her.
15. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
(b) Juanita Haydock.
(d) No one will take the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
2. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
3. How old is Vida when she marries?
4. What does the in-crowd refer to newcomer Erik as?
5. What does Vida become interested in, once married?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)