|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
(a) Dr. Kennicott has a crush on her.
(b) Mrs. Flickerbaugh's unusual outfit.
(c) She walks with a limp.
(d) Carol doesn't like her.
2. What does Miles do, following Bea's death?
(a) He burns down his house.
(b) He lives with the Kennicotts.
(c) He goes back to school.
(d) He leaves town.
3. What does Dr. Kennicott wish Carol would borrow, not buy?
4. During the war, what does Cy develop a positive reputation for?
(a) Being faithful to his wife.
(b) Organizing a food drive.
(c) Beating up a local German.
(d) Enlisting in the army.
5. When his wife dies, Carol discovers Champ where?
(a) In her house.
(b) Lying across his wife's grave.
(c) On the railroad tracks.
(d) On a ledge.
6. What do Bea and her son fall ill with?
7. Who moves into Carol's home?
(a) Mrs. Dyer.
(b) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The Smails.
8. Who is Carol excited to call after returning from vacation?
(d) No one.
9. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
(a) The Kennicotts are added to the census sign.
(b) She feels controlled by the town's mindset and fights.
(c) The town honors her anniversary of living there.
(d) The Kennicott name is engraved in a church pew.
10. How is Mrs. Swiftwaite described?
(a) A "homewrecker."
(b) A "very beautiful outsider."
(c) A "tramp that won't quit."
(d) An "awful peroxide blond."
11. Who appoints Carol to the library board?
(a) Dr. Westlake.
(b) Lyman Cass.
(c) Ole Jenson.
(d) Guy Pollock.
12. What does the in-crowd refer to newcomer Erik as?
13. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
14. When the Kennicott's return from vacation, Carol worries Hugh is what?
(d) Mad at them.
15. What type of liquor is Fern accused of abusing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
2. Who is Hugh named after?
3. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
4. What does Erik want to do for a living?
5. In Chapter 17's winter outing, what game does the group play?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)