|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
(a) Shakespeare's Groundlings.
(b) The Gopher Prairie Dramatic Association.
(c) Gatekeepers of Gopher Prairie.
(d) The Art Club of Gopher Prairie.
2. During the war, what does Cy develop a positive reputation for?
(a) Enlisting in the army.
(b) Beating up a local German.
(c) Being faithful to his wife.
(d) Organizing a food drive.
3. What nickname does Dr. Kennicott call Carol?
4. Who plays a game with Carol, as though she is going to shoot him?
(b) Percy Bresnahan.
(c) Dave Dyer.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what winter activity does Carol partake in?
(a) Sleigh riding.
(b) Shoveling snow.
(c) Hanging mistletoe.
(d) A snowball fight.
6. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
(a) A lack of commitment.
(b) Poor performances.
(c) The passion of the play.
7. What position does Percy Bresnahan hold at his company?
(d) Financial advisor.
8. In Chapter 24, what piece of clothing does Carol compare her life to?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Guy Pollocks yellow tie.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's hunting coat.
(d) Bea's socks.
9. What type of review does the theater group's play receive in the paper?
(a) Well-deserved praise.
(b) A lukewarm review.
(c) An embarrassing review.
(d) A dishonest, glowing review.
10. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
11. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
12. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
(a) The same middle name.
(b) A love for sports.
(c) A love for books.
(d) The same birthday.
13. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
(a) The Girl From Kankakee.
(b) A Comedy of Errors.
(c) The Merchant of Venice.
(d) The Boy From Kentucky.
14. Where do Vida and Raymie live?
(a) On the wrong side of the tracks.
(b) Above the grocery.
(c) With the Kennicotts.
(d) The Ole Jenson house.
15. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
2. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
3. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
4. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
5. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)