|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Dr. Kennicott call Carol?
2. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
3. Who appoints Carol to the library board?
(a) Dr. Westlake.
(b) Ole Jenson.
(c) Lyman Cass.
(d) Guy Pollock.
4. Who do Carol and Dr. Kennicott run into in Minneapolis?
(b) The McGanums.
(c) The Dyers.
(d) Mrs. Bogart.
5. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
6. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
(a) I must go on.
(b) Money can buy happiness.
(c) The best will win.
(d) Forget them all.
7. Where does Carol meet Erik?
(a) In church.
(b) On the street.
(c) The Hick's shop.
(d) Dr. Kennicott's office.
8. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
(a) Poor performances.
(b) A lack of commitment.
(d) The passion of the play.
9. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
(a) The town honors her anniversary of living there.
(b) The Kennicotts are added to the census sign.
(c) She feels controlled by the town's mindset and fights.
(d) The Kennicott name is engraved in a church pew.
10. In Chapter 21, what does Vida accuse Raymie of?
(a) A dependence on liquor.
(b) "Flirting" with Carol.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Being "too apologetic."
11. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
(a) He has a secret fortune.
(b) He is German.
(c) He is a drunk.
(d) He didn't love her.
12. What is the name of Percy Bresnahan's company?
(a) Velvet Motor Car Company of Boston.
(b) Ford and Percy Motors.
(c) Gilded Cages of Percy's Perfection.
(d) American Rides.
13. Who moves into Carol's home?
(a) Mrs. Dyer.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The Smails.
(d) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
14. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(b) Mrs. Bogart.
15. Where do Vida and Raymie live?
(a) On the wrong side of the tracks.
(b) Above the grocery.
(c) The Ole Jenson house.
(d) With the Kennicotts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
2. What responsibility does Carol hold in her theater group?
3. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
4. What does Raymie do for a living?
5. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)