Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
2. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
3. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
(a) Guy Pollock.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) The Red Swede.
4. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
(a) He is German.
(b) He is a drunk.
(c) He has a secret fortune.
(d) He didn't love her.
5. What does Erik want to do for a living?
(a) Design women's clothing.
(b) Join the opera.
(c) Open a school for the blind.
(d) Be a dancer.
6. What is the name of Percy Bresnahan's company?
(a) Velvet Motor Car Company of Boston.
(b) Ford and Percy Motors.
(c) American Rides.
(d) Gilded Cages of Percy's Perfection.
7. During the war, what does Cy develop a positive reputation for?
(a) Enlisting in the army.
(b) Beating up a local German.
(c) Organizing a food drive.
(d) Being faithful to his wife.
8. What weather greets the Kennicotts when they return from vacation?
(c) A tornado.
9. What type of liquor is Fern accused of abusing?
10. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
11. What does Miles do, following Bea's death?
(a) He goes back to school.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He lives with the Kennicotts.
(d) He burns down his house.
12. What type of glasses does Carol have to wear?
(a) Rimless eyeglasses.
(d) Reading glasses.
13. Why does the shopkeeper want to sell Carol something better?
(a) He does not like Carol.
(b) She is the doctor's wife.
(c) He has a crush on her.
(d) He knows the codfish is bad.
14. How long of a vacation do the Kennicotts take?
(a) 3.5 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 year.
15. Who tarnishes Fern's reputation?
(c) Mrs. Bogart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Carol excited to call after returning from vacation?
2. Carol tells Vida she can only be happy with what out of Gopher Prairie?
3. What movie does Carol criticize to Dr. Kennicott?
4. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
5. What does Vida become interested in, once married?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)