|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Kennicott wish Carol would borrow, not buy?
2. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
3. Who plays a game with Carol, as though she is going to shoot him?
(a) Dave Dyer.
(d) Percy Bresnahan.
4. When the Kennicott's return from vacation, Carol worries Hugh is what?
(d) Mad at them.
5. What type of liquor is Fern accused of abusing?
6. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
(a) A love for sports.
(b) The same birthday.
(c) The same middle name.
(d) A love for books.
7. How many hours was Carol in labor?
8. What woman invites Dr. Kennicott over for a beer?
(a) Mrs. Dyer.
(d) Mrs. Westlake.
9. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
(a) It will change the world.
(b) It's not their business.
(c) Hopeful for industry.
(d) Saddened by the fighting.
10. In Chapter 17's winter outing, what game does the group play?
(a) Hide and seek.
(c) Snow tag.
11. During the war, Carol is a volunteer what?
(a) Community kitchen leader.
12. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
(b) Sam Shephard.
(c) Carol Churchill.
13. What movie does Carol criticize to Dr. Kennicott?
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Right on the Coco.
(d) Down Over Yonder.
14. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A sapphire bracelet.
(b) A diamond bar-pin.
(c) A ruby pendant.
(d) A pearl necklace.
15. What type of good deal does Dr. Kennicott make that he will not explain to Carol?
(a) A pharmaceutical monopoly.
(b) He gets a great price on a car.
(c) A partnership at his practice.
(d) A land deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Percy Bresnahan's company?
2. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
3. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
4. What does Miles do, following Bea's death?
5. What responsibility does Carol hold in her theater group?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)