|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Dr. Kennicott call Carol?
2. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
(a) Guy Pollock.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) The Red Swede.
3. What responsibility does Carol hold in her theater group?
(b) President and secretary.
(c) Director and president.
(d) Stage star.
4. Carol fears what, if she were to ask Dr. Kennicott for independence?
(c) A beating.
5. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
(a) He is German.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He has a secret fortune.
(d) He is a drunk.
6. What weather greets the Kennicotts when they return from vacation?
(c) A tornado.
7. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A ruby pendant.
(b) A sapphire bracelet.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A diamond bar-pin.
8. How many hours was Carol in labor?
9. Who appoints Carol to the library board?
(a) Ole Jenson.
(b) Dr. Westlake.
(c) Guy Pollock.
(d) Lyman Cass.
10. Who is Hugh named after?
(a) A poet Carol loves.
(b) Carol's father.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's father.
(d) Carol's dead brother.
11. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
(a) The demolition of the town hall.
(b) Dr. Kennicott's reluctance to have more children.
(c) Vida's wedding.
(d) Carol's fortieth birthday.
12. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
(b) No one will take the job.
(d) Juanita Haydock.
13. When his wife dies, Carol discovers Champ where?
(a) On a ledge.
(b) In her house.
(c) Lying across his wife's grave.
(d) On the railroad tracks.
14. In Chapter 24, what piece of clothing does Carol compare her life to?
(a) Bea's socks.
(b) Guy Pollocks yellow tie.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's hunting coat.
(d) Her wedding dress.
15. How long of a vacation do the Kennicotts take?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3.5 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carol meet Erik?
2. Carol tells Vida she can only be happy with what out of Gopher Prairie?
3. What type of liquor is Fern accused of abusing?
4. How is Hugh's emotional state described?
5. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)