|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
(a) Fix the oil leak on the car.
(b) Change the light fixtures.
(c) Repair the floor.
(d) Screen in the porch.
2. Following Hugh's birth, what is the biggest event for Carol?
(a) Carol's fortieth birthday.
(b) The demolition of the town hall.
(c) Vida's wedding.
(d) Dr. Kennicott's reluctance to have more children.
3. What instrument lies useless in Carol's home?
(a) The clarinet.
(b) The flute.
(c) The harp.
(d) The violin.
4. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
(a) Carol Churchill.
(c) Sam Shephard.
5. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
(a) Dr. Kennicott.
6. In Chapter 21, what does Vida accuse Raymie of?
(a) "Flirting" with Carol.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Being "too apologetic."
(d) A dependence on liquor.
7. Where does Carol meet Erik?
(a) The Hick's shop.
(b) On the street.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's office.
(d) In church.
8. What nickname does Dr. Kennicott call Carol?
9. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
(c) No one will take the job.
(d) Juanita Haydock.
10. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
11. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
(a) Money can buy happiness.
(b) The best will win.
(c) I must go on.
(d) Forget them all.
12. Who is Hugh named after?
(a) Carol's father.
(b) A poet Carol loves.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's father.
(d) Carol's dead brother.
13. When the women of the town finally call on Bea when she is ill, how does Miles react?
(a) He thanks them for their kindness.
(b) He sends them away.
(c) He invites them in.
(d) He starts to cry.
14. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
(b) Poor performances.
(c) A lack of commitment.
(d) The passion of the play.
15. During the war, Carol is a volunteer what?
(a) Community kitchen leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. Where do Vida and Raymie live?
3. During the war, how does Gopher Prairie suddenly get rich?
4. What women did Dr. Kennicott flirt with prior to marrying Carol?
5. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)