|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Percy Bresnahan's company?
(a) Ford and Percy Motors.
(b) Gilded Cages of Percy's Perfection.
(c) Velvet Motor Car Company of Boston.
(d) American Rides.
2. What do Bea and her son fall ill with?
3. What woman invites Dr. Kennicott over for a beer?
(b) Mrs. Westlake.
(c) Mrs. Dyer.
4. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
5. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
(a) No one will take the job.
(c) Juanita Haydock.
6. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
(a) The poor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Her sister.
7. How is Mrs. Swiftwaite described?
(a) A "tramp that won't quit."
(b) A "very beautiful outsider."
(c) An "awful peroxide blond."
(d) A "homewrecker."
8. What movie does Carol criticize to Dr. Kennicott?
(a) Down Over Yonder.
(c) Right on the Coco.
(d) Gone With the Wind.
9. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
(a) The Merchant of Venice.
(b) The Girl From Kankakee.
(c) The Boy From Kentucky.
(d) A Comedy of Errors.
10. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A diamond bar-pin.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A sapphire bracelet.
(d) A ruby pendant.
11. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
(a) In Boston.
(b) At his hotel.
(c) In New York.
(d) At his mother's.
12. What women did Dr. Kennicott flirt with prior to marrying Carol?
(a) Mrs. Dawson.
(b) Vida and Maud.
(c) Fern and Maud.
(d) Mrs. Cass.
13. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
(a) Dust bowls.
(d) Wind storms.
14. Who does Bea marry?
(a) Ezra Stowbody.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
(d) The Red Swede.
15. Where does Carol meet Erik?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's office.
(b) In church.
(c) On the street.
(d) The Hick's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first play Guy Pollock suggests the theater group should perform?
2. What type of good deal does Dr. Kennicott make that he will not explain to Carol?
3. What ceremony does Carol resist imposing on her son?
4. What type of review does the theater group's play receive in the paper?
5. Who moves into Carol's home?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)