|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A diamond bar-pin.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A sapphire bracelet.
(d) A ruby pendant.
2. What weather greets the Kennicotts when they return from vacation?
(b) A tornado.
3. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
4. Who is Carol excited to call after returning from vacation?
(a) No one.
5. What type of liquor is Fern accused of abusing?
6. What does Erik want to do for a living?
(a) Be a dancer.
(b) Design women's clothing.
(c) Open a school for the blind.
(d) Join the opera.
7. Who do Carol and Dr. Kennicott run into in Minneapolis?
(b) Mrs. Bogart.
(c) The Dyers.
(d) The McGanums.
8. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
9. What does Miles do, following Bea's death?
(a) He goes back to school.
(b) He burns down his house.
(c) He leaves town.
(d) He lives with the Kennicotts.
10. Where do Vida and Raymie live?
(a) The Ole Jenson house.
(b) With the Kennicotts.
(c) On the wrong side of the tracks.
(d) Above the grocery.
11. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
(c) Carol Churchill.
(d) Sam Shephard.
12. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
13. Who does Bea marry?
(a) The Red Swede.
(b) Ezra Stowbody.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
14. Carol tells Vida she can only be happy with what out of Gopher Prairie?
(c) A renaissance.
(d) It's destruction.
15. In Chapter 21, what does Vida accuse Raymie of?
(a) "Flirting" with Carol.
(b) Being "too apologetic."
(c) Having an affair.
(d) A dependence on liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What women did Dr. Kennicott flirt with prior to marrying Carol?
2. What game does Carol resent the men for playing without her?
3. When his wife dies, Carol discovers Champ where?
4. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
5. How old is Vida when she marries?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)