|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
(a) The Merchant of Venice.
(b) The Boy From Kentucky.
(c) A Comedy of Errors.
(d) The Girl From Kankakee.
2. How long of a vacation do the Kennicotts take?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3.5 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. What responsibility does Carol hold in her theater group?
(a) Stage star.
(b) Director and president.
(d) President and secretary.
4. How is Mrs. Swiftwaite described?
(a) A "homewrecker."
(b) A "tramp that won't quit."
(c) A "very beautiful outsider."
(d) An "awful peroxide blond."
5. Who does Carol weep for at Christmas time?
(a) The poor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Her sister.
6. What movie does Carol criticize to Dr. Kennicott?
(a) Right on the Coco.
(b) Down Over Yonder.
(c) Gone With the Wind.
7. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
(a) Gatekeepers of Gopher Prairie.
(b) The Art Club of Gopher Prairie.
(c) The Gopher Prairie Dramatic Association.
(d) Shakespeare's Groundlings.
8. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) He is a drunk.
(c) He is German.
(d) He has a secret fortune.
9. What does Miles do, following Bea's death?
(a) He lives with the Kennicotts.
(b) He burns down his house.
(c) He goes back to school.
(d) He leaves town.
10. Who sends Raymie to an officer's training camp?
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
11. What type of review does the theater group's play receive in the paper?
(a) An embarrassing review.
(b) A dishonest, glowing review.
(c) A lukewarm review.
(d) Well-deserved praise.
12. In Chapter 24, what piece of clothing does Carol compare her life to?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Dr. Kennicott's hunting coat.
(c) Guy Pollocks yellow tie.
(d) Bea's socks.
13. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
(a) Guy Pollock.
(b) The Red Swede.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
14. What ceremony does Carol resist imposing on her son?
(a) School admission.
(b) Introduction into society.
15. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
(a) I must go on.
(b) Money can buy happiness.
(c) The best will win.
(d) Forget them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the in-crowd refer to newcomer Erik as?
2. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
3. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
4. In Chapter 20, why does Carol decide she's "part of the town"?
5. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)