|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gopher Prairie feel about the Great War, when it begins?
(a) Saddened by the fighting.
(b) It will change the world.
(c) It's not their business.
(d) Hopeful for industry.
2. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
3. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
(a) Poor performances.
(c) A lack of commitment.
(d) The passion of the play.
4. How long of a vacation do the Kennicotts take?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3.5 months.
5. What nickname does Dr. Kennicott call Carol?
6. How is Mrs. Swiftwaite described?
(a) A "tramp that won't quit."
(b) An "awful peroxide blond."
(c) A "homewrecker."
(d) A "very beautiful outsider."
7. How many times a week does Dr. Kennicott shave?
8. What does the in-crowd refer to newcomer Erik as?
9. What type of fish does a shopkeeper try to talk Carol out of?
10. Carol determines that how many small towns are the same?
11. During the war, Carol is a volunteer what?
(a) Community kitchen leader.
12. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
(a) Repair the floor.
(b) Change the light fixtures.
(c) Screen in the porch.
(d) Fix the oil leak on the car.
13. In Chapter 21, what does Vida accuse Raymie of?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) A dependence on liquor.
(c) "Flirting" with Carol.
(d) Being "too apologetic."
14. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
(a) He is German.
(b) He is a drunk.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He has a secret fortune.
15. What does Vida become interested in, once married?
Short Answer Questions
1. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
2. Who do Carol and Dr. Kennicott run into in Minneapolis?
3. Where do Vida and Raymie live?
4. What position does Percy Bresnahan hold at his company?
5. What is the first play Guy Pollock suggests the theater group should perform?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)