|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bea marry?
(a) The Red Swede.
(b) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
(d) Ezra Stowbody.
2. What is the name of Percy Bresnahan's company?
(a) Gilded Cages of Percy's Perfection.
(b) Ford and Percy Motors.
(c) Velvet Motor Car Company of Boston.
(d) American Rides.
3. What type of glasses does Carol have to wear?
(b) Reading glasses.
(d) Rimless eyeglasses.
4. In Chapter 33, what does Carol decide about Erik?
(a) He is a con artist.
(b) She loves him.
(c) He is a pleasant distraction.
(d) He is a crook.
5. What does Dr. Kennicott wish Carol would borrow, not buy?
6. Percy Bresnahan tells Carol they should have lunch where?
(a) At his hotel.
(b) At his mother's.
(c) In Boston.
(d) In New York.
7. What does Dr. Kennicott plan to do but never does?
(a) Fix the oil leak on the car.
(b) Repair the floor.
(c) Change the light fixtures.
(d) Screen in the porch.
8. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
(a) The Gopher Prairie Dramatic Association.
(b) The Art Club of Gopher Prairie.
(c) Gatekeepers of Gopher Prairie.
(d) Shakespeare's Groundlings.
9. What movie does Carol criticize to Dr. Kennicott?
(a) Right on the Coco.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(d) Down Over Yonder.
10. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
(a) The Girl From Kankakee.
(b) A Comedy of Errors.
(c) The Merchant of Venice.
(d) The Boy From Kentucky.
11. Carol fears what, if she were to ask Dr. Kennicott for independence?
(b) A beating.
12. How old is Vida when she marries?
13. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
(b) Dust bowls.
(c) Wind storms.
14. In Chapter 17's winter outing, what game does the group play?
(a) Hide and seek.
(c) Snow tag.
15. What does the in-crowd refer to newcomer Erik as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Percy Bresnahan hold at his company?
2. What part does Carol play in Bea's wedding?
3. What instrument lies useless in Carol's home?
4. What does Erik want to do for a living?
5. Who is Carol excited to call after returning from vacation?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)