|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June, what type of storm is common in Gopher Prairie?
(b) Dust bowls.
(c) Wind storms.
2. What causes quarrels at the theater group's rehearsal?
(a) Poor performances.
(b) A lack of commitment.
(d) The passion of the play.
3. In Chapter 33, what does Carol decide about Erik?
(a) She loves him.
(b) He is a crook.
(c) He is a con artist.
(d) He is a pleasant distraction.
4. After the boom in the economy, "Dauntless" calls Gopher Prairie what?
5. Who does Bea marry?
(a) The Red Swede.
(c) Ezra Stowbody.
(d) Dr. Kennicott's brother.
6. What type of glasses does Carol have to wear?
(a) Reading glasses.
(d) Rimless eyeglasses.
7. What play does the theater group choose to perform?
(a) The Girl From Kankakee.
(b) The Boy From Kentucky.
(c) The Merchant of Venice.
(d) A Comedy of Errors.
8. Who plays a game with Carol, as though she is going to shoot him?
(b) Dave Dyer.
(d) Percy Bresnahan.
9. What is the first play Guy Pollock suggests the theater group should perform?
(a) Dogs and Catfights.
(b) School for Scandal.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Inherit the Wind.
10. Why is Carol embarrassed to walk with Mrs. Flickerbaugh?
(a) Carol doesn't like her.
(b) Dr. Kennicott has a crush on her.
(c) She walks with a limp.
(d) Mrs. Flickerbaugh's unusual outfit.
11. What do Erik and Carol have in common?
(a) The same middle name.
(b) A love for books.
(c) The same birthday.
(d) A love for sports.
12. What playwright does Carol want her theater group to perform?
(a) Sam Shephard.
(c) Carol Churchill.
13. What type of good deal does Dr. Kennicott make that he will not explain to Carol?
(a) A partnership at his practice.
(b) He gets a great price on a car.
(c) A land deal.
(d) A pharmaceutical monopoly.
14. Carol tells Vida she can only be happy with what out of Gopher Prairie?
(c) It's destruction.
(d) A renaissance.
15. What does Dr. Kennicott wish Carol would borrow, not buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces Bea as Carol's help?
2. How is Mrs. Swiftwaite described?
3. What does Erik want to do for a living?
4. How old is Vida when she marries?
5. What does Raymie do for a living?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)