|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of party does Carol attempt to throw during the winter?
(a) All answers are correct.
2. Carol raves about her husband to whom, following the Dutch woman's surgery?
(a) Mrs. Haydock.
(c) Guy Pollock.
3. How does The Red Swede make money in the spring?
(b) Training horses.
(c) Selling horses.
(d) Selling vegetables.
4. What color scarf does Carol knit for her husband?
5. At what age does Carol say she could have kissed Guy Pollock?
6. Where does Carol live following her time at college?
(d) New York.
7. Who arrives in town the same time that Carol does?
(a) Mrs. Howland.
(b) Mrs. Elder.
(d) Carol's mother.
8. What does Stewart Snyder suggest Carol would be good at being?
(b) The president.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A lawyer's wife.
9. What does The Red Swede call the Jolly Seventeen?
10. Where does Carol attend college?
(a) The University of Michigan.
(b) DePaul University.
(c) Blodgett College.
(d) Virginia Tech.
11. Who is the wealthiest woman in Gopher's Prairie?
(a) Bea's grandmother.
(b) Mrs. Luke Dawson.
(d) Vida Sherwin.
12. Dr. Kennicott requests that Carol start grocery shopping where?
(a) The Farmer's Market.
(b) In Minneapolis.
(c) Howard & Gould.
(d) Jenson or Ludelmeyer.
13. How much money does Bea hope to make as a maid?
(a) Six dollars a week.
(b) Fifty dollars a month.
(c) One hundred dollars a month.
(d) Two dollars a day.
14. What does Carol wish for at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(b) A lover.
(c) Good spirits.
15. What instrument does Carol play?
(a) The harp.
(b) The piano.
(c) The drums.
(d) The harmonica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Carol and Dr. Kennicott purchase a summer home?
2. When Gopher Prairie was founded, how many houses were put up?
3. How does Carol describe Mr. Dashaway's furniture?
4. After learning that the town speaks of her, Carol wants comfort from whom?
5. Who lost money due to investing in an elevator?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)