|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how does Carol feel about her husband?
(a) She loathes him.
(b) She believes he's hiding debt.
(c) She thinks he's an idiot.
(d) She loves him.
2. What song does a boy on the train play?
(a) The Star Spangled Banner.
(b) Marching Through Georgia.
(c) Sweet Home Alabama.
(d) My Country 'Tis of Thee.
3. In Chapter 15, what role does Carol attempt to perfect?
(a) The perfect daughter-in-law.
(b) A foolish socialite.
(c) The wife of a country physician.
(d) A brave mother.
4. In what city does Main Street open?
(a) Gopher Prairie.
5. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
(d) Pound cake.
6. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
7. What does Stewart Snyder suggest Carol would be good at being?
(a) A lawyer's wife.
(b) A scholar.
(d) The president.
8. When Gopher Prairie was founded, how many houses were put up?
(a) One hundred.
9. What instrument does Carol play?
(a) The harmonica.
(b) The drums.
(c) The harp.
(d) The piano.
10. What does Dr. Kennicott encourage Carol to do to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Burn it down.
(b) Paint it.
(c) Make it artistic.
(d) Write about it.
11. When Carol redecorates Dr. Kennicott's waiting room, he calls her actions what?
12. What is Carol's relationship to money?
(a) She is extravagant.
(b) She dislikes it.
(c) She is stingy.
(d) She is obsessed with it.
13. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
14. What is the train Carol and Dr. Kennicott take to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Train 1.
(b) Train 7.
(c) Train 10.
(d) Train 8.
15. Who invites Carol and Dr. Kennicott over at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Simons.
(c) The Pollocks.
(d) The Clarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Thantopsis?
2. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
3. During Chapter 5, Dr. Kennicott asks a farmer's wife for what?
4. What depresses Carol about the farmers on the train?
5. How does The Red Swede make money in the spring?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)