|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does a boy on the train play?
(a) Sweet Home Alabama.
(b) My Country 'Tis of Thee.
(c) Marching Through Georgia.
(d) The Star Spangled Banner.
2. What does Dr. Kennicott encourage Carol to do to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Paint it.
(b) Make it artistic.
(c) Burn it down.
(d) Write about it.
3. In what way does Carol see Gopher Prairie for the first time?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) In person.
(c) In photographs.
(d) On television.
4. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her ankles.
(d) Her eyes.
5. What could have blown up Dr. Kennicott and Carol during the amputation?
(a) Ether and the kerosene lamp.
(b) Carol's cigarette and gas lamp.
(c) Choloform and the kerosene lamp.
(d) The wife with her gun powder.
6. What does Mrs. Dyer hate?
(a) Scholars with big dreams.
(c) "Would-be woman politicians."
7. Carol raves about her husband to whom, following the Dutch woman's surgery?
(a) Guy Pollock.
(d) Mrs. Haydock.
8. How is Dr. Kennicott's office described?
9. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the people of Gopher Prairie?
(a) Desperate for friendship.
(b) Slow and stupid.
(c) Up and coming.
10. When Carol redecorates Dr. Kennicott's waiting room, he calls her actions what?
11. In Chapter 5, Carol refers to Dr. Kennicott as what?
(a) The Lord of the Manor.
(b) Dr. Inspiration.
(c) Mr. Capitalist.
(d) The Almighty Doctor.
12. What color ties do the delinquents in town wear?
13. How does The Red Swede make money in the spring?
(a) Selling vegetables.
(b) Training horses.
(d) Selling horses.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Carol treat the townspeople?
(a) She avoids them.
(b) She is extra friendly.
(c) She is fake.
(d) She is rude.
15. Who lost money due to investing in an elevator?
(a) The Kennicotts.
(b) The Mayberrys.
(c) The Goulds.
(d) The Perrys.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
2. How much money does Bea hope to make as a maid?
3. Carol feels Dr. Kennicott is too what?
4. Where does Carol attend college?
5. In Chapter 13, who does Guy Pollock invite for coffee?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)