|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word scares Carol in Chapter 3, Part III?
2. When Carol redecorates Dr. Kennicott's waiting room, he calls her actions what?
3. Where do Carol and Dr. Kennicott purchase a summer home?
(a) The Hamptons.
(c) Lake Woebegone.
(d) Lake Minniemashie.
4. During the winter, after shopping, what does Carol do on the city streets that shocks the town?
(a) She doesn't wear a coat.
(b) She sings.
(c) She kisses a stranger.
(d) She gallops and whoops.
5. What does Mrs. Dyer hate?
(a) "Would-be woman politicians."
(b) Scholars with big dreams.
6. What heinous act against an animal does Cy commit that Carol witnesses?
(a) Scaring a horse.
(b) Shooting a dog.
(c) Hanging a cat.
(d) Stepping on a mouse.
7. What type of operation does Dr. Kennicott perform in a Dutch woman's kitchen?
(a) A tooth extraction.
(b) Intestinal surgery.
(c) An appendix removal.
8. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
(a) A pamphlet.
(b) The Gopher Times.
(c) The Gopher Prairie Tattle.
(d) The Gopher Prairie Weekly Dauntless.
9. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
10. What card game is frequently played by the in-crowd?
11. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the party hosts at the beginning of Chapter 4?
12. In Carol's college, the girls who are not engaged plan to do what?
(a) Run for political office.
(b) Become nannies.
(c) Go overseas.
13. What type of pelt makes Carol think of Guy's mustache?
14. Who does Carol meet through the Marburys?
(a) Dr. Kennicott.
(b) Stewart Snyder.
(c) Harry Haydock.
(d) A film star.
15. What instrument does Carol play?
(a) The drums.
(b) The piano.
(c) The harmonica.
(d) The harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What depresses Carol about the farmers on the train?
2. How long does it take Carol to walk the town?
3. Who does Carol consider a most "considerate" host?
4. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
5. What type of shoes does Carol where on the train?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)