|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carol raves about her husband to whom, following the Dutch woman's surgery?
(c) Mrs. Haydock.
(d) Guy Pollock.
2. What depresses Carol about the farmers on the train?
(a) They leer at her.
(b) They are drunk.
(c) They seem provincial.
(d) They all read books.
3. What does The Red Swede do for a living?
4. What color scarf does Carol knit for her husband?
5. In Chapter 11, what public building does Carol mentally remodel?
(a) The library.
(b) The church.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The school.
6. In Chapter 14, what do Carol and Dr. Kennicott quarrel about building?
(a) The engine on her car.
(b) A new house.
(c) A sunroom.
(d) A pole barn.
7. What does Dr. Kennicott encourage Carol to do to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Burn it down.
(b) Make it artistic.
(c) Paint it.
(d) Write about it.
8. What is Carol's relationship to money?
(a) She is stingy.
(b) She is extravagant.
(c) She dislikes it.
(d) She is obsessed with it.
9. During Chapter 5, Dr. Kennicott asks a farmer's wife for what?
10. Who has the Village Virus?
(b) Guy Pollock.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Mrs. Perry.
11. In Chapter 15, what role does Carol attempt to perfect?
(a) The perfect daughter-in-law.
(b) The wife of a country physician.
(c) A foolish socialite.
(d) A brave mother.
12. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) The library.
(b) A woman's study group.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
(d) The choir.
13. What word scares Carol in Chapter 3, Part III?
14. What type of party does Carol attempt to throw during the winter?
(d) All answers are correct.
15. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the people of Gopher Prairie?
(a) Slow and stupid.
(b) Desperate for friendship.
(d) Up and coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
2. Where do Carol and Dr. Kennicott purchase a summer home?
3. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
4. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the party hosts at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What is unique about the suit Carol wears in Chapter 9?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)