|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Chapter 5, Dr. Kennicott asks a farmer's wife for what?
2. What heinous act against an animal does Cy commit that Carol witnesses?
(a) Scaring a horse.
(b) Hanging a cat.
(c) Shooting a dog.
(d) Stepping on a mouse.
3. Why does Carol like the Marburys?
(a) They're good cooks.
(b) They are admiring.
(c) They are rich.
(d) They are foreign.
4. How many children does Mrs. Bogart have?
5. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
6. What type of operation does Dr. Kennicott perform in a Dutch woman's kitchen?
(a) An appendix removal.
(b) A tooth extraction.
(c) Intestinal surgery.
7. How does The Red Swede make money in the spring?
(b) Training horses.
(c) Selling vegetables.
(d) Selling horses.
8. What does Carol choose not to do in Chapter 10, for fear of judgment?
(a) Eat dessert.
(b) Drink at dinner.
(c) Talk of her husband.
(d) Help the poor.
9. In Chapter 14, what do Carol and Dr. Kennicott quarrel about building?
(a) A sunroom.
(b) A pole barn.
(c) A new house.
(d) The engine on her car.
10. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
11. Dr. Kennicott requests that Carol start grocery shopping where?
(a) The Farmer's Market.
(b) Howard & Gould.
(c) Jenson or Ludelmeyer.
(d) In Minneapolis.
12. In Chapter 15, what role does Carol attempt to perfect?
(a) A brave mother.
(b) A foolish socialite.
(c) The wife of a country physician.
(d) The perfect daughter-in-law.
13. At what age does Carol say she could have kissed Guy Pollock?
14. In Chapter 5, Carol refers to Dr. Kennicott as what?
(a) Dr. Inspiration.
(b) The Lord of the Manor.
(c) Mr. Capitalist.
(d) The Almighty Doctor.
15. What is Carol's winter coat made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
2. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
3. How long does it take Carol to walk the town?
4. Who invites Carol and Dr. Kennicott over at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)