|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Kennicott encourage Carol to do to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Write about it.
(b) Burn it down.
(c) Paint it.
(d) Make it artistic.
2. In what month does Carol move to Gopher Prairie?
(a) She does not move there.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Carol treat the townspeople?
(a) She is rude.
(b) She is extra friendly.
(c) She avoids them.
(d) She is fake.
4. What is Carol's winter coat made of?
5. What does Carol choose not to do in Chapter 10, for fear of judgment?
(a) Talk of her husband.
(b) Drink at dinner.
(c) Eat dessert.
(d) Help the poor.
6. How does Carol describe Mr. Dashaway's furniture?
(b) Mortuary pieces.
(d) Elegant artwork.
7. In what way does Carol see Gopher Prairie for the first time?
(a) In person.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) On television.
(d) In photographs.
8. What vice of Dr. Kennicott's does Carol despise?
(b) Chewing tobacco.
9. In Chapter 15, what role does Carol attempt to perfect?
(a) A foolish socialite.
(b) The perfect daughter-in-law.
(c) The wife of a country physician.
(d) A brave mother.
10. In Chapter 5, Carol refers to Dr. Kennicott as what?
(a) Mr. Capitalist.
(b) The Almighty Doctor.
(c) The Lord of the Manor.
(d) Dr. Inspiration.
11. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her ankles.
12. What depresses Carol about the farmers on the train?
(a) They seem provincial.
(b) They leer at her.
(c) They all read books.
(d) They are drunk.
13. What man does Carol fantasize about in Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Kennicott.
(b) Cy Bogart.
(c) Earl Haydock.
(d) Guy Pollock.
14. Who does Carol meet through the Marburys?
(a) Harry Haydock.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) Stewart Snyder.
(d) A film star.
15. How does The Red Swede make money in the spring?
(a) Selling vegetables.
(c) Selling horses.
(d) Training horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mrs. Vopni's husband killed?
2. In Chapter 12, what type of group does Carol start?
3. Where does Carol attend college?
4. What heinous act against an animal does Cy commit that Carol witnesses?
5. How long does it take Carol to walk the town?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)