|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the train Carol and Dr. Kennicott take to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Train 7.
(b) Train 8.
(c) Train 1.
(d) Train 10.
2. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
(a) Pound cake.
3. Who has the Village Virus?
(a) Guy Pollock.
(b) Mrs. Perry.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
4. What does Carol choose not to do in Chapter 10, for fear of judgment?
(a) Help the poor.
(b) Talk of her husband.
(c) Drink at dinner.
(d) Eat dessert.
5. What does Carol wish for at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(b) Good spirits.
(c) A lover.
6. What vice of Dr. Kennicott's does Carol despise?
(a) Chewing tobacco.
7. Who first tells Carol that the town gossips about her?
(a) Mrs. Haydock.
(b) Vida Sherwin.
(c) Maud Dyer.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
8. In Carol's college, the girls who are not engaged plan to do what?
(a) Go overseas.
(c) Become nannies.
(d) Run for political office.
9. What color scarf does Carol knit for her husband?
10. How long does it take Carol to walk the town?
(a) The day.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) 32 minutes.
11. In Chapter 15, what role does Carol attempt to perfect?
(a) The wife of a country physician.
(b) A brave mother.
(c) The perfect daughter-in-law.
(d) A foolish socialite.
12. What card game is frequently played by the in-crowd?
13. What type of shoes does Carol where on the train?
(d) Flip flops.
14. What is the name of the in-crowd in Gopher Prairie?
(a) The Women's Society.
(b) The Gathering Harvest.
(c) The Jolly Seventeen.
(d) Gopher's Greats.
15. In what way does Carol see Gopher Prairie for the first time?
(a) In photographs.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) In person.
(d) On television.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lost money due to investing in an elevator?
2. In what month does Carol move to Gopher Prairie?
3. In Chapter 13, who does Guy Pollock invite for coffee?
4. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
5. How does The Red Swede make money in the spring?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)