|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Red Swede call the Jolly Seventeen?
2. What instrument does Carol play?
(a) The drums.
(b) The harmonica.
(c) The piano.
(d) The harp.
3. Who does Carol consider a most "considerate" host?
(a) Mrs. Bogart.
(b) The Red Swede.
(d) Mrs. Haydock.
4. What vice of Dr. Kennicott's does Carol despise?
(a) Chewing tobacco.
5. In what way does Carol see Gopher Prairie for the first time?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) In photographs.
(c) In person.
(d) On television.
6. If farmers controlled Dr. Kennicott's rate, he's concerned they'd do what?
(a) Put him on salary.
(b) Tax 50% of his profits.
(c) Make him a rich man.
(d) Make him work for free.
7. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the people of Gopher Prairie?
(a) Up and coming.
(b) Desperate for friendship.
(c) Slow and stupid.
8. What does Dr. Kennicott encourage Carol to do to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Burn it down.
(b) Make it artistic.
(c) Write about it.
(d) Paint it.
9. What type of party does Carol attempt to throw during the winter?
(c) All answers are correct.
10. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) A woman's study group.
(b) The choir.
(c) The library.
(d) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
11. How many children does Mrs. Bogart have?
12. What could have blown up Dr. Kennicott and Carol during the amputation?
(a) Ether and the kerosene lamp.
(b) The wife with her gun powder.
(c) Choloform and the kerosene lamp.
(d) Carol's cigarette and gas lamp.
13. At what age does Carol say she could have kissed Guy Pollock?
14. Where does Carol attend college?
(a) DePaul University.
(b) The University of Michigan.
(c) Virginia Tech.
(d) Blodgett College.
15. Carol feels Dr. Kennicott is too what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Main Street open?
2. What color scarf does Carol knit for her husband?
3. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
4. Carol asks for an allowance for what item?
5. How does Carol describe Mr. Dashaway's furniture?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)