|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does a boy on the train play?
(a) My Country 'Tis of Thee.
(b) The Star Spangled Banner.
(c) Sweet Home Alabama.
(d) Marching Through Georgia.
2. During Chapter 5, Dr. Kennicott asks a farmer's wife for what?
3. How is Dr. Kennicott's office described?
4. In Chapter 11, what public building does Carol mentally remodel?
(a) The school.
(b) The church.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The library.
5. Why does Carol like the Marburys?
(a) They are foreign.
(b) They are admiring.
(c) They are rich.
(d) They're good cooks.
6. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
(c) Running water.
7. In Chapter 5, Carol refers to Dr. Kennicott as what?
(a) The Almighty Doctor.
(b) Dr. Inspiration.
(c) Mr. Capitalist.
(d) The Lord of the Manor.
8. What is unique about the suit Carol wears in Chapter 9?
(a) It's checkered.
(b) It's bright pink.
(c) It's vintage.
(d) It's Chanel.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Carol begs to learn about what?
(b) Social graces.
(c) Dr. Kennicott's cases.
10. Where does Dr. Kennicott take Carol at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(d) To church.
11. How much money does Bea hope to make as a maid?
(a) One hundred dollars a month.
(b) Two dollars a day.
(c) Fifty dollars a month.
(d) Six dollars a week.
12. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
13. What type of shoes does Carol where on the train?
(c) Flip flops.
14. When Carol redecorates Dr. Kennicott's waiting room, he calls her actions what?
15. When Gopher Prairie was founded, how many houses were put up?
(c) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds Main Street?
2. What instrument does Carol play?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Carol treat the townspeople?
4. In what month does Carol move to Gopher Prairie?
5. What is Carol's winter coat made of?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)