|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the party hosts at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 11, what public building does Carol mentally remodel?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The school.
(c) The library.
(d) The church.
3. For what occasion does Dr. Kennicott think he was given a scarf?
(c) Valentine's Day.
4. Where does Dr. Kennicott take Carol at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(d) To church.
5. In Carol's college, the girls who are not engaged plan to do what?
(a) Become nannies.
(c) Go overseas.
(d) Run for political office.
6. How many children does Mrs. Bogart have?
7. Where does Carol attend college?
(a) Virginia Tech.
(b) DePaul University.
(c) The University of Michigan.
(d) Blodgett College.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Carol begs to learn about what?
(b) Dr. Kennicott's cases.
(c) Social graces.
9. Who humiliates his wife in front of others about money?
(a) Mr. Dyer.
(b) Mr. Bogart.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Mr. Clark.
10. If farmers controlled Dr. Kennicott's rate, he's concerned they'd do what?
(a) Make him a rich man.
(b) Put him on salary.
(c) Make him work for free.
(d) Tax 50% of his profits.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Carol treat the townspeople?
(a) She is fake.
(b) She is extra friendly.
(c) She is rude.
(d) She avoids them.
12. Who arrives in town the same time that Carol does?
(a) Mrs. Howland.
(b) Carol's mother.
(c) Mrs. Elder.
13. Where does Carol live following her time at college?
(a) New York.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how does Carol feel about her husband?
(a) She thinks he's an idiot.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She believes he's hiding debt.
(d) She loathes him.
15. In Chapter 13, who does Guy Pollock invite for coffee?
(b) Mrs. Bogart.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) The Dillons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of party does Carol attempt to throw during the winter?
2. Who first tells Carol that the town gossips about her?
3. What is the name of the in-crowd in Gopher Prairie?
4. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the people of Gopher Prairie?
5. When Gopher Prairie was founded, how many houses were put up?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)