|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
2. What could have blown up Dr. Kennicott and Carol during the amputation?
(a) Choloform and the kerosene lamp.
(b) Carol's cigarette and gas lamp.
(c) The wife with her gun powder.
(d) Ether and the kerosene lamp.
3. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
(a) Her ankles.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her breasts.
4. Where does Dr. Kennicott take Carol at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(b) To church.
5. In Chapter 5, Carol refers to Dr. Kennicott as what?
(a) Mr. Capitalist.
(b) The Lord of the Manor.
(c) The Almighty Doctor.
(d) Dr. Inspiration.
6. Who is the wealthiest woman in Gopher's Prairie?
(a) Mrs. Luke Dawson.
(b) Bea's grandmother.
(d) Vida Sherwin.
7. Carol raves about her husband to whom, following the Dutch woman's surgery?
(c) Mrs. Haydock.
(d) Guy Pollock.
8. Who lost money due to investing in an elevator?
(a) The Goulds.
(b) The Kennicotts.
(c) The Perrys.
(d) The Mayberrys.
9. What does Carol's new home smell like?
(a) Florida Water.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Horse hair.
10. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
(a) Pound cake.
11. In Chapter 13, what does Carol have an impulse to do, when talking to Guy Pollock?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Pat his hair.
(c) Cry with him.
(d) Kiss him.
12. Who humiliates his wife in front of others about money?
(a) Mr. Clark.
(b) Mr. Bogart.
(c) Mr. Dyer.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
13. Where do Carol and Dr. Kennicott purchase a summer home?
(a) The Hamptons.
(c) Lake Minniemashie.
(d) Lake Woebegone.
14. When Gopher Prairie was founded, how many houses were put up?
(d) One hundred.
15. What is Carol's winter coat made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
2. Who has the Village Virus?
3. Where does Carol live following her time at college?
4. In what way does Carol see Gopher Prairie for the first time?
5. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)