|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what do Carol and Dr. Kennicott quarrel about building?
(a) A new house.
(b) A pole barn.
(c) A sunroom.
(d) The engine on her car.
2. Who invites Carol and Dr. Kennicott over at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Pollocks.
(c) The Simons.
(d) The Clarks.
3. What depresses Carol about the farmers on the train?
(a) They seem provincial.
(b) They are drunk.
(c) They leer at her.
(d) They all read books.
4. What man does Carol fantasize about in Chapter 10?
(a) Earl Haydock.
(b) Cy Bogart.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Guy Pollock.
5. In Carol's college, the girls who are not engaged plan to do what?
(b) Become nannies.
(c) Run for political office.
(d) Go overseas.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Carol begs to learn about what?
(c) Social graces.
(d) Dr. Kennicott's cases.
7. When Gopher Prairie was founded, how many houses were put up?
(c) One hundred.
8. If farmers controlled Dr. Kennicott's rate, he's concerned they'd do what?
(a) Tax 50% of his profits.
(b) Make him work for free.
(c) Put him on salary.
(d) Make him a rich man.
9. Carol compares the women of Gopher Prairie to what animal?
10. In what city does Main Street open?
(a) Gopher Prairie.
11. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
(c) Pound cake.
12. Who has the Village Virus?
(a) Mrs. Perry.
(b) Guy Pollock.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
13. Who does Carol meet through the Marburys?
(a) Stewart Snyder.
(b) Harry Haydock.
(c) A film star.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
14. What is the train Carol and Dr. Kennicott take to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Train 10.
(b) Train 7.
(c) Train 8.
(d) Train 1.
15. What color ties do the delinquents in town wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what role does Carol attempt to perfect?
2. How many children does Mrs. Bogart have?
3. What word scares Carol in Chapter 3, Part III?
4. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
5. What does Carol's new home smell like?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)