Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
2. After learning that the town speaks of her, Carol wants comfort from whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) Her sister.
3. Who does Carol meet through the Marburys?
(a) A film star.
(b) Harry Haydock.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Stewart Snyder.
4. How does The Red Swede make money in the spring?
(a) Selling vegetables.
(b) Selling horses.
(c) Training horses.
5. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
6. What is unique about the suit Carol wears in Chapter 9?
(a) It's vintage.
(b) It's Chanel.
(c) It's bright pink.
(d) It's checkered.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Carol treat the townspeople?
(a) She is fake.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She avoids them.
(d) She is extra friendly.
8. What type of operation does Dr. Kennicott perform in a Dutch woman's kitchen?
(a) Intestinal surgery.
(b) An appendix removal.
(c) A tooth extraction.
9. What type of pelt makes Carol think of Guy's mustache?
10. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
(c) Pound cake.
11. In Chapter 12, what type of group does Carol start?
(a) A church.
(b) A sorority.
(c) A book club.
(d) A salon.
12. What does Carol wish for at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(b) Good spirits.
(d) A lover.
13. In Chapter 10, who does Carol have supper with?
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
14. Carol raves about her husband to whom, following the Dutch woman's surgery?
(a) Guy Pollock.
(d) Mrs. Haydock.
15. In Chapter 15, what role does Carol attempt to perfect?
(a) A brave mother.
(b) The wife of a country physician.
(c) A foolish socialite.
(d) The perfect daughter-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Carol have an impulse to do, when talking to Guy Pollock?
2. Carol compares the women of Gopher Prairie to what animal?
3. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
4. If farmers controlled Dr. Kennicott's rate, he's concerned they'd do what?
5. Who first tells Carol that the town gossips about her?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)