|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Carol say she could have kissed Guy Pollock?
2. Dr. Kennicott requests that Carol start grocery shopping where?
(a) Howard & Gould.
(b) The Farmer's Market.
(c) Jenson or Ludelmeyer.
(d) In Minneapolis.
3. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
4. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
5. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
6. What does The Red Swede do for a living?
7. In what way does Carol see Gopher Prairie for the first time?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) In person.
(c) On television.
(d) In photographs.
8. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
(a) Pound cake.
9. For what occasion does Dr. Kennicott think he was given a scarf?
(a) Valentine's Day.
10. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the people of Gopher Prairie?
(a) Desperate for friendship.
(c) Slow and stupid.
(d) Up and coming.
11. Carol feels Dr. Kennicott is too what?
12. What does Dr. Kennicott encourage Carol to do to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Burn it down.
(b) Paint it.
(c) Write about it.
(d) Make it artistic.
13. What color ties do the delinquents in town wear?
14. What does Carol's new home smell like?
(b) Horse hair.
(c) Florida Water.
(d) All answers are correct.
15. What is unique about the suit Carol wears in Chapter 9?
(a) It's Chanel.
(b) It's checkered.
(c) It's bright pink.
(d) It's vintage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Carol have an impulse to do, when talking to Guy Pollock?
2. In Chapter 12, what type of group does Carol start?
3. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how does Carol feel about her husband?
5. Where do Carol and Dr. Kennicott purchase a summer home?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)