|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
(b) The library.
(c) The choir.
(d) A woman's study group.
2. At what age does Carol say she could have kissed Guy Pollock?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Carol treat the townspeople?
(a) She avoids them.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She is fake.
(d) She is extra friendly.
4. What color scarf does Carol knit for her husband?
5. What is unique about the suit Carol wears in Chapter 9?
(a) It's vintage.
(b) It's bright pink.
(c) It's checkered.
(d) It's Chanel.
6. In Chapter 11, what public building does Carol mentally remodel?
(a) The school.
(b) The library.
(c) The church.
(d) The courthouse.
7. What type of pelt makes Carol think of Guy's mustache?
8. What does Carol choose not to do in Chapter 10, for fear of judgment?
(a) Eat dessert.
(b) Talk of her husband.
(c) Help the poor.
(d) Drink at dinner.
9. Where do Carol and Dr. Kennicott purchase a summer home?
(b) The Hamptons.
(c) Lake Woebegone.
(d) Lake Minniemashie.
10. What does Carol's new home smell like?
(a) Horse hair.
(c) Florida Water.
(d) All answers are correct.
11. What could have blown up Dr. Kennicott and Carol during the amputation?
(a) Ether and the kerosene lamp.
(b) Carol's cigarette and gas lamp.
(c) Choloform and the kerosene lamp.
(d) The wife with her gun powder.
12. What does Stewart Snyder suggest Carol would be good at being?
(a) The president.
(b) A scholar.
(c) A lawyer's wife.
13. Which neighbor spies on Carol?
(a) Mrs. Bogart.
(b) Mrs. Dyer.
(d) The Reverand.
14. What surrounds Main Street?
(a) The prairie.
(b) Fields of corn.
(d) City streets.
15. What word scares Carol in Chapter 3, Part III?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Carol's body does Cy comment on to Earl?
2. What does The Red Swede do for a living?
3. How is Dr. Kennicott's office described?
4. Who is the wealthiest woman in Gopher's Prairie?
5. Where does Carol live following her time at college?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)