|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carol consider a most "considerate" host?
(a) The Red Swede.
(b) Mrs. Haydock.
(c) Mrs. Bogart.
2. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the party hosts at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What type of party does Carol attempt to throw during the winter?
(b) All answers are correct.
4. How many children does Mrs. Bogart have?
5. In Chapter 14, what do Carol and Dr. Kennicott quarrel about building?
(a) A sunroom.
(b) A new house.
(c) A pole barn.
(d) The engine on her car.
6. Who first tells Carol that the town gossips about her?
(a) Vida Sherwin.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) Mrs. Haydock.
(d) Maud Dyer.
7. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
8. Who does Carol meet through the Marburys?
(a) Harry Haydock.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) A film star.
(d) Stewart Snyder.
9. Who invites Carol and Dr. Kennicott over at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Clarks.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Simons.
(d) The Pollocks.
10. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
(a) Running water.
11. What does Carol wish for at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(c) Good spirits.
(d) A lover.
12. What is Carol's relationship to money?
(a) She dislikes it.
(b) She is extravagant.
(c) She is stingy.
(d) She is obsessed with it.
13. What color ties do the delinquents in town wear?
14. In Carol's college, the girls who are not engaged plan to do what?
(a) Go overseas.
(c) Run for political office.
(d) Become nannies.
15. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) The library.
(b) The choir.
(c) A woman's study group.
(d) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
2. In Chapter 10, Carol feels like her house is what?
3. If farmers controlled Dr. Kennicott's rate, he's concerned they'd do what?
4. How does Carol describe Mr. Dashaway's furniture?
5. After learning that the town speaks of her, Carol wants comfort from whom?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)