|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Carol and Dr. Kennicott purchase a summer home?
(a) Lake Woebegone.
(b) The Hamptons.
(d) Lake Minniemashie.
2. In Chapter 12, what type of group does Carol start?
(a) A sorority.
(b) A church.
(c) A book club.
(d) A salon.
3. What type of shoes does Carol where on the train?
(b) Flip flops.
4. Where does Dr. Kennicott take Carol at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) To church.
5. What does Dr. Kennicott encourage Carol to do to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Burn it down.
(b) Paint it.
(c) Make it artistic.
(d) Write about it.
6. When Gopher Prairie was founded, how many houses were put up?
(b) One hundred.
7. What color scarf does Carol knit for her husband?
8. In Chapter 10, who does Carol have supper with?
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
9. Who arrives in town the same time that Carol does?
(a) Carol's mother.
(b) Mrs. Howland.
(d) Mrs. Elder.
10. Where does Carol live following her time at college?
(d) New York.
11. Who humiliates his wife in front of others about money?
(a) Mr. Bogart.
(b) Mr. Clark.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Mr. Dyer.
12. What color ties do the delinquents in town wear?
13. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
(b) The library.
(c) The choir.
(d) A woman's study group.
14. At what age does Carol say she could have kissed Guy Pollock?
15. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
(a) Running water.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Carol begs to learn about what?
2. In Chapter 14, what do Carol and Dr. Kennicott quarrel about building?
3. What does Carol choose not to do in Chapter 10, for fear of judgment?
4. During Chapter 5, Dr. Kennicott asks a farmer's wife for what?
5. Who first tells Carol that the town gossips about her?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)