|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Kennicott encourage Carol to do to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Paint it.
(b) Write about it.
(c) Make it artistic.
(d) Burn it down.
2. How is Dr. Kennicott's office described?
3. What heinous act against an animal does Cy commit that Carol witnesses?
(a) Stepping on a mouse.
(b) Shooting a dog.
(c) Scaring a horse.
(d) Hanging a cat.
4. What does Mrs. Dyer hate?
(c) Scholars with big dreams.
(d) "Would-be woman politicians."
5. Carol feels Dr. Kennicott is too what?
6. What does The Red Swede call the Jolly Seventeen?
7. In what city does Main Street open?
(a) Gopher Prairie.
8. What could have blown up Dr. Kennicott and Carol during the amputation?
(a) Ether and the kerosene lamp.
(b) Carol's cigarette and gas lamp.
(c) The wife with her gun powder.
(d) Choloform and the kerosene lamp.
9. What type of shoes does Carol where on the train?
(c) Flip flops.
10. In Chapter 5, Carol refers to Dr. Kennicott as what?
(a) Mr. Capitalist.
(b) The Almighty Doctor.
(c) Dr. Inspiration.
(d) The Lord of the Manor.
11. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
12. What instrument does Carol play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The harp.
(c) The harmonica.
(d) The drums.
13. In Chapter 15, what role does Carol attempt to perfect?
(a) A foolish socialite.
(b) A brave mother.
(c) The wife of a country physician.
(d) The perfect daughter-in-law.
14. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
(b) The library.
(c) A woman's study group.
(d) The choir.
15. What card game is frequently played by the in-crowd?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Carol begs to learn about what?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Carol treat the townspeople?
3. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the people of Gopher Prairie?
4. What does The Red Swede do for a living?
5. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)