|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Carol redecorates Dr. Kennicott's waiting room, he calls her actions what?
2. What man does Carol fantasize about in Chapter 10?
(a) Cy Bogart.
(b) Earl Haydock.
(c) Guy Pollock.
(d) Dr. Kennicott.
3. What word scares Carol in Chapter 3, Part III?
4. How is Dr. Kennicott's office described?
5. In Chapter 14, what do Carol and Dr. Kennicott quarrel about building?
(a) The engine on her car.
(b) A pole barn.
(c) A new house.
(d) A sunroom.
6. How many children does Mrs. Bogart have?
7. Who humiliates his wife in front of others about money?
(a) Mr. Dyer.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) Mr. Bogart.
(d) Mr. Clark.
8. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
(b) A woman's study group.
(c) The choir.
(d) The library.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Carol treat the townspeople?
(a) She avoids them.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She is fake.
(d) She is extra friendly.
10. What is Carol's relationship to money?
(a) She is extravagant.
(b) She dislikes it.
(c) She is obsessed with it.
(d) She is stingy.
11. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the party hosts at the beginning of Chapter 4?
12. Who does Carol consider a most "considerate" host?
(a) The Red Swede.
(c) Mrs. Haydock.
(d) Mrs. Bogart.
13. After learning that the town speaks of her, Carol wants comfort from whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Her sister.
14. In Chapter 13, who does Guy Pollock invite for coffee?
(a) Mrs. Bogart.
(b) The Dillons.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
15. How does The Red Swede make money in the spring?
(a) Training horses.
(b) Selling horses.
(c) Selling vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of pelt makes Carol think of Guy's mustache?
2. Where do Carol and Dr. Kennicott purchase a summer home?
3. Who does Carol meet through the Marburys?
4. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
5. What does Stewart Snyder suggest Carol would be good at being?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)