|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What heinous act against an animal does Cy commit that Carol witnesses?
(a) Shooting a dog.
(b) Hanging a cat.
(c) Scaring a horse.
(d) Stepping on a mouse.
2. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the people of Gopher Prairie?
(a) Up and coming.
(b) Desperate for friendship.
(d) Slow and stupid.
3. What is the Thantopsis?
(a) The library.
(b) Dr. Kennicott's nurse's society.
(c) The choir.
(d) A woman's study group.
4. Carol's article of introduction appears in what publication?
(a) A pamphlet.
(b) The Gopher Prairie Weekly Dauntless.
(c) The Gopher Prairie Tattle.
(d) The Gopher Times.
5. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
(d) Running water.
6. How was Mrs. Vopni's husband killed?
(a) By a train.
7. What does Carol's new home smell like?
(a) All answers are correct.
(c) Florida Water.
(d) Horse hair.
8. For what occasion does Dr. Kennicott think he was given a scarf?
(b) Valentine's Day.
9. What is the train Carol and Dr. Kennicott take to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Train 10.
(b) Train 1.
(c) Train 7.
(d) Train 8.
10. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
11. What color scarf does Carol knit for her husband?
12. When Carol redecorates Dr. Kennicott's waiting room, he calls her actions what?
13. Carol raves about her husband to whom, following the Dutch woman's surgery?
(b) Mrs. Haydock.
(d) Guy Pollock.
14. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the party hosts at the beginning of Chapter 4?
15. What word scares Carol in Chapter 3, Part III?
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol compares the women of Gopher Prairie to what animal?
2. What type of operation does Dr. Kennicott perform in a Dutch woman's kitchen?
3. At what age does Carol say she could have kissed Guy Pollock?
4. How is Dr. Kennicott's office described?
5. In Chapter 12, what type of group does Carol start?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)