|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Carol to walk the town?
(a) The day.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 32 minutes.
2. What vice of Dr. Kennicott's does Carol despise?
(c) Chewing tobacco.
3. Carol compares the women of Gopher Prairie to what animal?
4. What depresses Carol about the farmers on the train?
(a) They seem provincial.
(b) They are drunk.
(c) They all read books.
(d) They leer at her.
5. What modern convenience does Dr. Kennicott recommend for the Dutch?
(d) Running water.
6. What does Carol's new home smell like?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Horse hair.
(d) Florida Water.
7. At what age does Carol say she could have kissed Guy Pollock?
8. How does Carol describe Mr. Dashaway's furniture?
(b) Mortuary pieces.
(c) Elegant artwork.
9. What type of shoes does Carol where on the train?
(d) Flip flops.
10. In Chapter 13, who does Guy Pollock invite for coffee?
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) Mrs. Bogart.
(d) The Dillons.
11. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
12. Who is the wealthiest woman in Gopher's Prairie?
(a) Mrs. Luke Dawson.
(b) Bea's grandmother.
(c) Vida Sherwin.
13. Who has the Village Virus?
(a) Guy Pollock.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) Mrs. Perry.
14. What is unique about the suit Carol wears in Chapter 9?
(a) It's Chanel.
(b) It's checkered.
(c) It's vintage.
(d) It's bright pink.
15. Where does Carol attend college?
(a) Blodgett College.
(b) The University of Michigan.
(c) Virginia Tech.
(d) DePaul University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Bea hope to make as a maid?
2. What does Carol choose not to do in Chapter 10, for fear of judgment?
3. In Chapter 10, Carol prepares what in hopes of visitors?
4. In what month does Carol take control of her home?
5. Dr. Kennicott requests that Carol start grocery shopping where?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)