|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first tells Carol that the town gossips about her?
(a) Mrs. Haydock.
(b) Maud Dyer.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Vida Sherwin.
2. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
3. What does The Red Swede call the Jolly Seventeen?
4. What man does Carol fantasize about in Chapter 10?
(a) Cy Bogart.
(b) Dr. Kennicott.
(c) Earl Haydock.
(d) Guy Pollock.
5. In Carol's college, the girls who are not engaged plan to do what?
(a) Become nannies.
(b) Run for political office.
(d) Go overseas.
6. How long does it take Carol to walk the town?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 32 minutes.
(c) The day.
(d) Ten minutes.
7. What type of party does Carol attempt to throw during the winter?
(c) All answers are correct.
8. What color scarf does Carol knit for her husband?
9. Who lost money due to investing in an elevator?
(a) The Goulds.
(b) The Mayberrys.
(c) The Perrys.
(d) The Kennicotts.
10. Dr. Kennicott requests that Carol start grocery shopping where?
(a) The Farmer's Market.
(b) Jenson or Ludelmeyer.
(c) In Minneapolis.
(d) Howard & Gould.
11. What does Carol's new home smell like?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Florida Water.
(d) Horse hair.
12. Why does Carol call on the Perrys when Dr. Kennicott is out of town?
13. During the winter, after shopping, what does Carol do on the city streets that shocks the town?
(a) She gallops and whoops.
(b) She sings.
(c) She doesn't wear a coat.
(d) She kisses a stranger.
14. After learning that the town speaks of her, Carol wants comfort from whom?
(a) Her father.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Her sister.
15. What does Dr. Kennicott encourage Carol to do to Gopher Prairie?
(a) Burn it down.
(b) Make it artistic.
(c) Paint it.
(d) Write about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what occasion does Dr. Kennicott think he was given a scarf?
2. Who arrives in town the same time that Carol does?
3. What is the train Carol and Dr. Kennicott take to Gopher Prairie?
4. In Chapter 10, who does Carol have supper with?
5. What vice of Dr. Kennicott's does Carol despise?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)