|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What untrue rumor is spread about Miles, following Bea's death?
(a) He is a drunk.
(b) He is German.
(c) He has a secret fortune.
(d) He didn't love her.
2. Carol fears what, if she were to ask Dr. Kennicott for independence?
(b) A beating.
3. In Chapter 16, who flirts with Bea?
(a) Dr. Kennicott.
(b) The Red Swede.
(c) Guy Pollock.
4. What does The Red Swede do for a living?
5. What does Carol receive for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A sapphire bracelet.
(b) A diamond bar-pin.
(c) A ruby pendant.
(d) A pearl necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bea and her son fall ill with?
2. What color ties do the delinquents in town wear?
3. In Chapter 16, what is Carol's personal mantra?
4. During the winter, after shopping, what does Carol do on the city streets that shocks the town?
5. What is the name of the theater group Carol starts?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)