Chapters 1, 2, and 3
1. In what city does Main Street open?
(b) Gopher Prairie.
2. Where does Carol attend college?
(a) Virginia Tech.
(b) Blodgett College.
(c) DePaul University.
(d) The University of Michigan.
3. Carol is described as being the most what in her college class?
4. In Carol's college, the girls who are not engaged plan to do what?
(b) Run for political office.
(c) Become nannies.
(d) Go overseas.
5. What does Stewart Snyder suggest Carol would be good at being?
(a) A lawyer's wife.
(b) The president.
(c) A scholar.
6. Where does Carol live following her time at college?
(a) New York.
7. Why does Carol like the Marburys?
(a) They are rich.
(b) They are admiring.
(c) They are foreign.
(d) They're good cooks.
8. Who does Carol meet through the Marburys?
(a) Harry Haydock.
(b) A film star.
(c) Dr. Kennicott.
(d) Stewart Snyder.
9. How does Dr. Kennicott describe the people of Gopher Prairie?
(a) Up and coming.
(b) Slow and stupid.
(c) Desperate for friendship.
This section contains 3,273 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)