|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Zelda reveal with her spell to see the truth of Septimus' life?
2. What does closer inspection of the boat reveal?
3. What do they decide to do with the Hunter to keep him from pursuing them further?
4. Who was the Deputy Hunter who taught Boy 412 how to check for signs of disturbance?
5. Who took to feeding Stanley after he was released from his prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What one question does Boy 412 have that he wants answered?
2. Where does Boy 412 tell them that the dragon boat came from ,and how does he know?
3. What does Marcia explain to Boy 412 about the ring that he found?
4. What does Alther tell Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
5. What does the large surge of water created by DomDaniel reveal on the marsh?
6. What does DomDaniel do when he senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412?
7. What happens when Jenna wraps her arms around the neck of the dragon boat?
8. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
9. What happens to the Marsh Python when the Big Thaw finally begins?
10. What happens to Stanley when he accepts an offer of a ride from Mad Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Silas return with Marcia's SafeKeeping? Where does he get stopped and why? What are the circumstances of his incarceration? Who visits him regularly? Why is Silas unshackled? Why does Silas waffle when he discovers the unlocked door?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to the Queen? When does this occur? Who is taken from the castle shortly thereafter? What is the importance of this person's survival? Who knows the person's true identity? What allies are lending their support to ensure the safety and survival of this person?
Essay Topic 3
What spell does Marcia attempt to teach everyone in the house? Who balks, claiming they already know one, which is sufficient? Where does Marcia get the spell from? What is the spell called and when do they have occasion to actually use it? Who is left out at that time and why?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)