|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the apprentice escape again?
2. What happens when Boy 412 grabs the tiller?
3. Who does DomDaniel have on his ship?
4. How does Aunt Zelda deal with the Hunter?
5. Who did Jenna's Shield Bug take a disliking to after it floated into port?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcia explain to Boy 412 about the ring that he found?
2. How does Boy 412 feel when the hunter's apprentice is brought in, and why?
3. What is served for Boy 412's apprentice supper?
4. What happens when Jenna touches the circle on the wall with the dragon inside it?
5. What kind of food is served at a Midwinter feast day celebration, and where does it come from?
6. What one question does Boy 412 have that he wants answered?
7. What happens to Stanley when he accepts an offer of a ride from Mad Jack?
8. How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice?
9. What joins the hunter's apprentice in the boat as he paddles through Deppen Ditch after leaving Aunt Zelda's through the cat door after Bert waddled out?
10. Where does Marcia send the apprentice boy when she comes back from a walk to discover him in the cottage with the others, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What spell does Marcia attempt to teach everyone in the house? Who balks, claiming they already know one, which is sufficient? Where does Marcia get the spell from? What is the spell called and when do they have occasion to actually use it? Who is left out at that time and why?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Boy 412? Where is he found and by whom? What happens that causes Boy 412 to be fearful? What has Boy 412 been taught that he learns is untrue? When and where is he when he discovers the truth? How did Boy 412 almost ruin things for himself and those with him? What happens that changes his mind?
Essay Topic 3
How does Boy 412 feel about Marcia and the others? What is his initial response to them, and why? What was his education? What events or behaviors change his mind? What is one of the first differences he notices? When does he make the decision that he never wants to return to the Young Army? What does he finally begin to do at that stage?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)