|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the giant python when the Big Thaw comes?
2. What is the purpose of the small, silver hammer that Zelda gives to Jenna?
3. What do Nicko, Boy 412, and Jenna do to amuse themselves?
4. Who realizes that the Boy is actually DomDaniel in apprentice form?
5. What changes are made before Stanley leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the body of DomDaniel's apprentice found, and in what condition?
2. What does Alther tell Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
3. Where does Marcia send the apprentice boy when she comes back from a walk to discover him in the cottage with the others, and why?
4. What happens on the Vengeance when the Hunter's apprentice reveals he hasn't actually got Princess Jenna in his custody?
5. What joins the hunter's apprentice in the boat as he paddles through Deppen Ditch after leaving Aunt Zelda's through the cat door after Bert waddled out?
6. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
7. How does Boy 412 feel when the hunter's apprentice is brought in, and why?
8. What happens to the Shield Bugs that Jenna, Boy 412 and Nicko release against the Hunter?
9. Why does Sarah allow herself to be talked into going to the Midwinter feast day by Galen?
10. What happens to the Marsh Python when the Big Thaw finally begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Silas return with Marcia's SafeKeeping? Where does he get stopped and why? What are the circumstances of his incarceration? Who visits him regularly? Why is Silas unshackled? Why does Silas waffle when he discovers the unlocked door?
Essay Topic 2
How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice? What risk does she take, instinctively knowing there is no alternative? What does Aunt Zelda do before the apprentice wakes up to help him?
Essay Topic 3
How do Marcia, Silas, Jenna, Boy 412, and Nicko escape from the Hunter when he almost catches them on the way to Deppen Ditch? Who almost ruins their escape, how, and why? Who does Aunt Zelda send to help them find their way to the cottage? How are his intentions almost mistaken?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)