|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the strangest thing that happens as Boy 412 and Jenna flee from the Hunter?
2. What is the purpose of the small, silver hammer that Zelda gives to Jenna?
3. What shape is the boat that appears to Jenna?
4. What do they decide to do with the Hunter to keep him from pursuing them further?
5. Who took to feeding Stanley after he was released from his prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
2. What does Marcia explain to Boy 412 about the ring that he found?
3. How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice?
4. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
5. Where does Marcia send the apprentice boy when she comes back from a walk to discover him in the cottage with the others, and why?
6. What does the large surge of water created by DomDaniel reveal on the marsh?
7. What happens when Jenna wraps her arms around the neck of the dragon boat?
8. What does Aunt Zelda see in the duck pond?
9. What happens to Stanley when he accepts an offer of a ride from Mad Jack?
10. What does DomDaniel do when he senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Jenna get from her father for her tenth birthday? Why is she disappointed at first? What changes that? What does she name her gift? Who shares her love for it later? Why does it develop a liking for him?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to the Queen? When does this occur? Who is taken from the castle shortly thereafter? What is the importance of this person's survival? Who knows the person's true identity? What allies are lending their support to ensure the safety and survival of this person?
Essay Topic 3
What spell does Marcia attempt to teach everyone in the house? Who balks, claiming they already know one, which is sufficient? Where does Marcia get the spell from? What is the spell called and when do they have occasion to actually use it? Who is left out at that time and why?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)