|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Until recently, who did Jenna believe that Septimus was?
2. What happens to the giant python when the Big Thaw comes?
3. What does the apprentice begin by telling DomDaniel?
4. What is the main goal of Simon's return to the Castle?
5. What do they all fear at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412 find when they wake the next morning and chase the hunter's apprentice, hoping to catch up with him before he can tell anyone where the Keeper's Cottage is?
2. What does Aunt Zelda see in the duck pond?
3. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
4. What does Stanley's wife, Dawnie, tell him as he is getting ready to leave?
5. What is the first and most important thing Boy 412 remembers from his days in the Young Army, and how does it help him now?
6. What happens on the Vengeance when the Hunter's apprentice reveals he hasn't actually got Princess Jenna in his custody?
7. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
8. What happens to Stanley when he accepts an offer of a ride from Mad Jack?
9. Where does Boy 412 tell them that the dragon boat came from ,and how does he know?
10. What or who did the Hunter bring with him other than his apprentice to guard his prisoners on the way back to the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice? What risk does she take, instinctively knowing there is no alternative? What does Aunt Zelda do before the apprentice wakes up to help him?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Silas Heap? What does he share with his family? What happens to the son that his wife, Sarah, gives birth to last? Why is this considered by all to be a tragic situation? How does Silas handle it? What is the truth behind this entire event? How long does it take before Silas and Sarah uncover it? In which chapter is one of the parents given the first hint that things might not have been what they seemed?
Essay Topic 3
What spell does Marcia attempt to teach everyone in the house? Who balks, claiming they already know one, which is sufficient? Where does Marcia get the spell from? What is the spell called and when do they have occasion to actually use it? Who is left out at that time and why?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)