|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Aunt Zelda's chicken coop after DomDaniel's storm washed it away?
2. Allowed one gift from Marcia for his apprenticeship, what does Boy 412 choose?
3. How does the message refer to Marcia?
4. What has Boy 412 been taught is the most important part of ambush?
5. What is the former midwife, Agnes Meredith, searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Boy 412 tell them that the dragon boat came from ,and how does he know?
2. What kind of food is served at a Midwinter feast day celebration, and where does it come from?
3. What joins the hunter's apprentice in the boat as he paddles through Deppen Ditch after leaving Aunt Zelda's through the cat door after Bert waddled out?
4. What does Marcia explain to Boy 412 about the ring that he found?
5. Why does Sarah allow herself to be talked into going to the Midwinter feast day by Galen?
6. What happens to Stanley, the Message Rat, after Mad Jack cages him?
7. How does Boy 412 feel when the hunter's apprentice is brought in, and why?
8. What happens to Stanley when he accepts an offer of a ride from Mad Jack?
9. What does Aunt Zelda see in the duck pond?
10. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Silas return with Marcia's SafeKeeping? Where does he get stopped and why? What are the circumstances of his incarceration? Who visits him regularly? Why is Silas unshackled? Why does Silas waffle when he discovers the unlocked door?
Essay Topic 2
How do Marcia, Silas, Jenna, Boy 412, and Nicko escape from the Hunter when he almost catches them on the way to Deppen Ditch? Who almost ruins their escape, how, and why? Who does Aunt Zelda send to help them find their way to the cottage? How are his intentions almost mistaken?
Essay Topic 3
Which character or characters enjoy being able to fly? How is it that they are able to? How many characters in this story have that ability? Which character uses this particular talent to leave and why? Who still waits for him to return? When is this most evident?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)