|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the apprentice begin by telling DomDaniel?
2. What does closer inspection of the boat reveal?
3. What do they decide to do with the Hunter to keep him from pursuing them further?
4. Where do they leave the dragon boat when they get back to Aunt Zelda's?
5. Why are the castle Guards unable to find Silas after Gringe tells them he is in the castle?
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Silas return with Marcia's SafeKeeping? Where does he get stopped and why? What are the circumstances of his incarceration? Who visits him regularly? Why is Silas unshackled? Why does Silas waffle when he discovers the unlocked door?
Essay Topic 2
How do Marcia, Silas, Jenna, Boy 412, and Nicko escape from the Hunter when he almost catches them on the way to Deppen Ditch? Who almost ruins their escape, how, and why? Who does Aunt Zelda send to help them find their way to the cottage? How are his intentions almost mistaken?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to DomDaniel after he is frozen by Zelda? What do they collectively decide is the best fate for someone like him? Who is DomDaniel when he finishes thawing? Why does he knock on the door? What does the future hold for him?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)