|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicko not know, forcing him to remain behind in the boat?
2. What is the purpose of the small, silver hammer that Zelda gives to Jenna?
3. What shape is the boat that appears to Jenna?
4. How does the message refer to Marcia?
5. What does a ghost woman tell Silas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Boy 412 tell them that the dragon boat came from ,and how does he know?
2. Why is Marcia unable to return to the Keeper's Cottage that night?
3. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
4. What does DomDaniel do when he senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412?
5. Where is the body of DomDaniel's apprentice found, and in what condition?
6. What does the large surge of water created by DomDaniel reveal on the marsh?
7. What do Aunt Zelda and the group decide to do with the Hunter before he thaws, and who finds and carries out the spell?
8. Where does Marcia send the apprentice boy when she comes back from a walk to discover him in the cottage with the others, and why?
9. What joins the hunter's apprentice in the boat as he paddles through Deppen Ditch after leaving Aunt Zelda's through the cat door after Bert waddled out?
10. What is the first and most important thing Boy 412 remembers from his days in the Young Army, and how does it help him now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the Hunter? What is he hunting and for whom? What tools does he have at his disposal? Who is his latest prey? Why is this prey so important and to whom? What kind of help does he have, and who does it come from? What powers of persuasion does he use, and on whom?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to the Queen? When does this occur? Who is taken from the castle shortly thereafter? What is the importance of this person's survival? Who knows the person's true identity? What allies are lending their support to ensure the safety and survival of this person?
Essay Topic 3
Magyk is filled with spells, charms and enchantments. What are they, and what do each of them do? Which side of magyk do each of them fall on - Light or Darke - and who employs them?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)