|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do they see on the beach?
2. Where do they catch up with the apprentice?
3. Where does Zelda tell the children to hide?
4. What happened to DomDaniel's apprentice?
5. Why did Simon slip away from Sarah and the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
2. What happens to the Shield Bugs that Jenna, Boy 412 and Nicko release against the Hunter?
3. What is served for Boy 412's apprentice supper?
4. What one question does Boy 412 have that he wants answered?
5. Why is Marcia unable to return to the Keeper's Cottage that night?
6. What happens on the Vengeance when the Hunter's apprentice reveals he hasn't actually got Princess Jenna in his custody?
7. What happens to Stanley, the Message Rat, after Mad Jack cages him?
8. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
9. What does Stanley's wife, Dawnie, tell him as he is getting ready to leave?
10. What happens when Jenna wraps her arms around the neck of the dragon boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to the Queen? When does this occur? Who is taken from the castle shortly thereafter? What is the importance of this person's survival? Who knows the person's true identity? What allies are lending their support to ensure the safety and survival of this person?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the first to realize that there is someone else on the boat? What countermeasures are taken, and how effective are they? What is the damage done by the attempts to stop Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
Essay Topic 3
How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice? What risk does she take, instinctively knowing there is no alternative? What does Aunt Zelda do before the apprentice wakes up to help him?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)