|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Message Rat to deliver a message to?
2. Why was Marcia so sure that the Boy in the cottage was not the apprentice?
3. What does Gringe tell Silas he is late for?
4. What did the Deputy Hunter drill into Boy 412 over and over again?
5. Where does Marcia get taken after the guards grab her outside the Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Zelda see in the duck pond?
2. Where does Boy 412 tell them that the dragon boat came from ,and how does he know?
3. What happens to Stanley when he accepts an offer of a ride from Mad Jack?
4. What does Stanley's wife, Dawnie, tell him as he is getting ready to leave?
5. Why is Marcia unable to return to the Keeper's Cottage that night?
6. What happens when Jenna touches the circle on the wall with the dragon inside it?
7. What is served for Boy 412's apprentice supper?
8. What joins the hunter's apprentice in the boat as he paddles through Deppen Ditch after leaving Aunt Zelda's through the cat door after Bert waddled out?
9. What kind of food is served at a Midwinter feast day celebration, and where does it come from?
10. What do Aunt Zelda and the group decide to do with the Hunter before he thaws, and who finds and carries out the spell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the first to realize that there is someone else on the boat? What countermeasures are taken, and how effective are they? What is the damage done by the attempts to stop Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
Essay Topic 2
Magyk is filled with spells, charms and enchantments. What are they, and what do each of them do? Which side of magyk do each of them fall on - Light or Darke - and who employs them?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Silas Heap? What does he share with his family? What happens to the son that his wife, Sarah, gives birth to last? Why is this considered by all to be a tragic situation? How does Silas handle it? What is the truth behind this entire event? How long does it take before Silas and Sarah uncover it? In which chapter is one of the parents given the first hint that things might not have been what they seemed?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)