|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Deputy Hunter who taught Boy 412 how to check for signs of disturbance?
2. What does Silas do with Alther's helpful suggestion?
3. What happens to Boggart when Zelda sends him to see who is coming?
4. Where does Alther take Silas?
5. Allowed one gift from Marcia for his apprenticeship, what does Boy 412 choose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
2. What is served for Boy 412's apprentice supper?
3. What do Aunt Zelda and the group decide to do with the Hunter before he thaws, and who finds and carries out the spell?
4. What happens when Jenna touches the circle on the wall with the dragon inside it?
5. What does Alther tell Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
6. What happens when Jenna wraps her arms around the neck of the dragon boat?
7. What happens to the Marsh Python when the Big Thaw finally begins?
8. What happens on the Vengeance when the Hunter's apprentice reveals he hasn't actually got Princess Jenna in his custody?
9. How does Boy 412 feel when the hunter's apprentice is brought in, and why?
10. What one question does Boy 412 have that he wants answered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the first to realize that there is someone else on the boat? What countermeasures are taken, and how effective are they? What is the damage done by the attempts to stop Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the Hunter? What is he hunting and for whom? What tools does he have at his disposal? Who is his latest prey? Why is this prey so important and to whom? What kind of help does he have, and who does it come from? What powers of persuasion does he use, and on whom?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Silas Heap? What does he share with his family? What happens to the son that his wife, Sarah, gives birth to last? Why is this considered by all to be a tragic situation? How does Silas handle it? What is the truth behind this entire event? How long does it take before Silas and Sarah uncover it? In which chapter is one of the parents given the first hint that things might not have been what they seemed?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)