|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zelda tell the children to hide?
2. Who did Jenna's Shield Bug take a disliking to after it floated into port?
3. Where is the Message Rat to deliver a message to?
4. What does Gringe tell Silas he is late for?
5. What does closer inspection of the boat reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
2. What is the first and most important thing Boy 412 remembers from his days in the Young Army, and how does it help him now?
3. What does Aunt Zelda see in the duck pond?
4. What happens when Jenna wraps her arms around the neck of the dragon boat?
5. What does the large surge of water created by DomDaniel reveal on the marsh?
6. What does DomDaniel do when he senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412?
7. What or who did the Hunter bring with him other than his apprentice to guard his prisoners on the way back to the castle?
8. What do Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412 find when they wake the next morning and chase the hunter's apprentice, hoping to catch up with him before he can tell anyone where the Keeper's Cottage is?
9. How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice?
10. What happens to Stanley when he accepts an offer of a ride from Mad Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Silas return with Marcia's SafeKeeping? Where does he get stopped and why? What are the circumstances of his incarceration? Who visits him regularly? Why is Silas unshackled? Why does Silas waffle when he discovers the unlocked door?
Essay Topic 2
How does DomDaniel's apprentice escape? In which direction is he headed, and why? What does he encounter along the way that gets on his nerves? Where does he finally manage to arrive? What does he report and to whom? What happens as a result?
Essay Topic 3
Boy 412 finally accepts an invitation to be Marcia's apprentice. What are the terms? What does she provide him upon his acceptance as part of the tradition handed down? What does he ask for as his one 'Anything He Wants' offer from Marcia? What does he discover as a result? How does he feel about it?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)