|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zelda decide to stay behind?
2. What do Jenna and Nicko find in the marsh?
3. What do Zelda and the children see coming toward the cottage?
4. Where do they catch up with the apprentice?
5. What happens to the apprentice as they watch the spell of Septimus' birth unfold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boy 412 feel when the hunter's apprentice is brought in, and why?
2. What happens when Jenna wraps her arms around the neck of the dragon boat?
3. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
4. Why is Marcia unable to return to the Keeper's Cottage that night?
5. What happens when Jenna touches the circle on the wall with the dragon inside it?
6. What does Aunt Zelda see in the duck pond?
7. Where does Marcia send the apprentice boy when she comes back from a walk to discover him in the cottage with the others, and why?
8. What one question does Boy 412 have that he wants answered?
9. What happens to Stanley, the Message Rat, after Mad Jack cages him?
10. What happens on the Vengeance when the Hunter's apprentice reveals he hasn't actually got Princess Jenna in his custody?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character or characters enjoy being able to fly? How is it that they are able to? How many characters in this story have that ability? Which character uses this particular talent to leave and why? Who still waits for him to return? When is this most evident?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Boy 412? Where is he found and by whom? What happens that causes Boy 412 to be fearful? What has Boy 412 been taught that he learns is untrue? When and where is he when he discovers the truth? How did Boy 412 almost ruin things for himself and those with him? What happens that changes his mind?
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Silas return with Marcia's SafeKeeping? Where does he get stopped and why? What are the circumstances of his incarceration? Who visits him regularly? Why is Silas unshackled? Why does Silas waffle when he discovers the unlocked door?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)