|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boy 412 finally agree to do?
2. Allowed one gift from Marcia for his apprenticeship, what does Boy 412 choose?
3. What does closer inspection of the boat reveal?
4. What happens to the apprentice as they watch the spell of Septimus' birth unfold?
5. What is the main goal of Simon's return to the Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
2. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
3. What do Aunt Zelda and the group decide to do with the Hunter before he thaws, and who finds and carries out the spell?
4. What does Marcia explain to Boy 412 about the ring that he found?
5. What is the first and most important thing Boy 412 remembers from his days in the Young Army, and how does it help him now?
6. What or who did the Hunter bring with him other than his apprentice to guard his prisoners on the way back to the castle?
7. What is served for Boy 412's apprentice supper?
8. What does DomDaniel do when he senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412?
9. What happens when Jenna touches the circle on the wall with the dragon inside it?
10. What does Stanley's wife, Dawnie, tell him as he is getting ready to leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Alther is a ghost, he is still more than willing to help out where he can. In what ways does Alther help Marcia? How does he manage to make life more difficult for DomDaniel, despite lacking a corporeal self? What surprises does he leave for DomDaniel that will cause him discomfort?
Essay Topic 2
How do Marcia, Silas, Jenna, Boy 412, and Nicko escape from the Hunter when he almost catches them on the way to Deppen Ditch? Who almost ruins their escape, how, and why? Who does Aunt Zelda send to help them find their way to the cottage? How are his intentions almost mistaken?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the Hunter? What is he hunting and for whom? What tools does he have at his disposal? Who is his latest prey? Why is this prey so important and to whom? What kind of help does he have, and who does it come from? What powers of persuasion does he use, and on whom?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)