|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to DomDaniel's apprentice?
2. Why does Zelda decide to stay behind?
3. Why are the castle Guards unable to find Silas after Gringe tells them he is in the castle?
4. How did the Gatekeeper keep the army from conscripting his son?
5. What is the name of DomDaniel's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
2. What does Marcia explain to Boy 412 about the ring that he found?
3. What joins the hunter's apprentice in the boat as he paddles through Deppen Ditch after leaving Aunt Zelda's through the cat door after Bert waddled out?
4. What happens when Jenna wraps her arms around the neck of the dragon boat?
5. What does DomDaniel do when he senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412?
6. What does the large surge of water created by DomDaniel reveal on the marsh?
7. Where is the body of DomDaniel's apprentice found, and in what condition?
8. What is served for Boy 412's apprentice supper?
9. Why is Marcia unable to return to the Keeper's Cottage that night?
10. What happens to Stanley, the Message Rat, after Mad Jack cages him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Boy 412? Where is he found and by whom? What happens that causes Boy 412 to be fearful? What has Boy 412 been taught that he learns is untrue? When and where is he when he discovers the truth? How did Boy 412 almost ruin things for himself and those with him? What happens that changes his mind?
Essay Topic 2
Boy 412 finally accepts an invitation to be Marcia's apprentice. What are the terms? What does she provide him upon his acceptance as part of the tradition handed down? What does he ask for as his one 'Anything He Wants' offer from Marcia? What does he discover as a result? How does he feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice? What risk does she take, instinctively knowing there is no alternative? What does Aunt Zelda do before the apprentice wakes up to help him?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)