|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the apprentice to Alther Mello?
2. What does Marcia suggest the Heaps do?
3. Who is Petroc Trelawney?
4. Who does Silas see coming out as he arrives home?
5. What else does the ring do aside from leading Boy 412?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
2. What did Alther learn from DomDaniel and become so adept at that he taught Marcia, who now uses it against DomDaniel?
3. On what day does information of the Princess emerge? What is the bearer of this news asked to do, and when?
4. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
5. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
6. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
7. What kind of food does Aunt Zelda, serve and why is it so special to Boy 412?
8. Why is DomDaniel's apprentice excited?
9. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
10. What does Morwenna Mould tell Sarah when she and Galen take the children to the Midwinter feast day, and how does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Alther is a ghost, he is still more than willing to help out where he can. In what ways does Alther help Marcia? How does he manage to make life more difficult for DomDaniel, despite lacking a corporeal self? What surprises does he leave for DomDaniel that will cause him discomfort?
Essay Topic 2
Why doesn't Silas return with Marcia's SafeKeeping? Where does he get stopped and why? What are the circumstances of his incarceration? Who visits him regularly? Why is Silas unshackled? Why does Silas waffle when he discovers the unlocked door?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the first to realize that there is someone else on the boat? What countermeasures are taken, and how effective are they? What is the damage done by the attempts to stop Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)