|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morwenna think happened to Simon?
2. What is Silas's wife named?
3. What does Marcia suggest the Heaps do?
4. What conclusion has Sally come to about Jenna?
5. What does Morwenna tell Silas has come into the hub of the Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Shieldbug, and what are they good for?
2. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
3. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
4. What is a Boggart?
5. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
6. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
7. On what day does information of the Princess emerge? What is the bearer of this news asked to do, and when?
8. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
9. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
10. When did Silas first meet Morwenna Mould, and what circumstances placed her in his debt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What spell does Marcia attempt to teach everyone in the house? Who balks, claiming they already know one, which is sufficient? Where does Marcia get the spell from? What is the spell called and when do they have occasion to actually use it? Who is left out at that time and why?
Essay Topic 2
What does Jenna get from her father for her tenth birthday? Why is she disappointed at first? What changes that? What does she name her gift? Who shares her love for it later? Why does it develop a liking for him?
Essay Topic 3
Although Alther is a ghost, he is still more than willing to help out where he can. In what ways does Alther help Marcia? How does he manage to make life more difficult for DomDaniel, despite lacking a corporeal self? What surprises does he leave for DomDaniel that will cause him discomfort?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)