|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alther return to the castle?
2. Who reports that the Princess has been found?
3. What does Sally give Silas before he leaves Galen's?
4. What surprises Boy 412 when he makes a list to ease his turmoil?
5. Who are the Wendron Witches looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcia manage to save the Muriel and her passengers from the Hunter and his men?
2. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
3. Who usually gets Boy 412 out of bed and how?
4. How does Sally respond to the Hunter and why?
5. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
6. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
7. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
8. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
9. On what day does information of the Princess emerge? What is the bearer of this news asked to do, and when?
10. What is a Shieldbug, and what are they good for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Boy 412 finally accepts an invitation to be Marcia's apprentice. What are the terms? What does she provide him upon his acceptance as part of the tradition handed down? What does he ask for as his one 'Anything He Wants' offer from Marcia? What does he discover as a result? How does he feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Boy 412? Where is he found and by whom? What happens that causes Boy 412 to be fearful? What has Boy 412 been taught that he learns is untrue? When and where is he when he discovers the truth? How did Boy 412 almost ruin things for himself and those with him? What happens that changes his mind?
Essay Topic 3
How does Boy 412 feel about Marcia and the others? What is his initial response to them, and why? What was his education? What events or behaviors change his mind? What is one of the first differences he notices? When does he make the decision that he never wants to return to the Young Army? What does he finally begin to do at that stage?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)