Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sally give Silas before he leaves Galen's?
2. What worries Boy 412 about Marcia's response?
3. What does Sally drink when she sees the Hunter and his group coming her way?
4. What does the sentry think is going on?
5. Who is roused from his sleep on Jenna's tenth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What or who did the Hunter bring with him other than his apprentice to guard his prisoners on the way back to the castle?
2. What happens to the Shield Bugs that Jenna, Boy 412 and Nicko release against the Hunter?
3. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
4. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
5. What is the first and most important thing Boy 412 remembers from his days in the Young Army, and how does it help him now?
6. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
7. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
8. What do Aunt Zelda and the group decide to do with the Hunter before he thaws, and who finds and carries out the spell?
9. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
10. What does Stanley's wife, Dawnie, tell him as he is getting ready to leave?
How do Marcia, Silas, Jenna, Boy 412, and Nicko escape from the Hunter when he almost catches them on the way to Deppen Ditch? Who almost ruins their escape, how, and why? Who does Aunt Zelda send to help them find their way to the cottage? How are his intentions almost mistaken?
What happens to the Queen? When does this occur? Who is taken from the castle shortly thereafter? What is the importance of this person's survival? Who knows the person's true identity? What allies are lending their support to ensure the safety and survival of this person?
Why doesn't Silas return with Marcia's SafeKeeping? Where does he get stopped and why? What are the circumstances of his incarceration? Who visits him regularly? Why is Silas unshackled? Why does Silas waffle when he discovers the unlocked door?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)