|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does the apprentice take back to DomDaniel?
2. How old is the sentry that Marcia sees on her way to the Heap house?
3. Where is the sentry who stood outside the Tower?
4. Why doesn't the assassin see Marcia and Jenna escape?
5. What comes in the door when Jenna opens it after she hears a meow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
2. How does Sally respond to the Hunter and why?
3. What is a Shieldbug, and what are they good for?
4. What does Morwenna Mould tell Sarah when she and Galen take the children to the Midwinter feast day, and how does she respond?
5. What is a Boggart?
6. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
7. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
8. What story had Jenna and her best friend Bo often told each other, and what had Jenna said that upset Bo?
9. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
10. What did Alther learn from DomDaniel and become so adept at that he taught Marcia, who now uses it against DomDaniel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to DomDaniel after he is frozen by Zelda? What do they collectively decide is the best fate for someone like him? Who is DomDaniel when he finishes thawing? Why does he knock on the door? What does the future hold for him?
Essay Topic 2
How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice? What risk does she take, instinctively knowing there is no alternative? What does Aunt Zelda do before the apprentice wakes up to help him?
Essay Topic 3
How does DomDaniel's apprentice escape? In which direction is he headed, and why? What does he encounter along the way that gets on his nerves? Where does he finally manage to arrive? What does he report and to whom? What happens as a result?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)