|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person with whom Boy 412 has ever shared secrets?
2. What kind of spell does she admit she has no time to create?
3. What does Sally try to do?
4. What does the Hunter's apprentice believe he is witnessing the beginning of?
5. What does Marcia do when the Hunter catches up to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
2. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
3. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
4. Why does Silas go into the forest, and what does he return with? What does he sense on the way back?
5. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
6. What story had Jenna and her best friend Bo often told each other, and what had Jenna said that upset Bo?
7. On what day does information of the Princess emerge? What is the bearer of this news asked to do, and when?
8. How does Sally respond to the Hunter and why?
9. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
10. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the first to realize that there is someone else on the boat? What countermeasures are taken, and how effective are they? What is the damage done by the attempts to stop Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
Essay Topic 2
Who catches DomDaniel's apprentice? Where does he bring him? What do they discover after Jenna calls him stupid? What confession does he inadvertently make? How does Nicko respond? When Zelda reminds him that the apprentice is just a boy, what does the apprentice reveal that surprises and dismays everyone?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Wizard's Tower? Who uses it? Why was it originally built and by whom? What features did the tower have with Marcia as ExtraOrdinary Wizard? What happens when her title is taken by DomDaniel? How does his presence affect the various features in the Tower and why?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)