Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sally give Silas before he leaves Galen's?
2. What worries Boy 412 about Marcia's response?
3. What does Sally drink when she sees the Hunter and his group coming her way?
4. What does the sentry think is going on?
5. Who is roused from his sleep on Jenna's tenth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What or who did the Hunter bring with him other than his apprentice to guard his prisoners on the way back to the castle?
2. What happens to the Shield Bugs that Jenna, Boy 412 and Nicko release against the Hunter?
3. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
4. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
5. What is the first and most important thing Boy 412 remembers from his days in the Young Army, and how does it help him now?
6. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
7. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
8. What do Aunt Zelda and the group decide to do with the Hunter before he thaws, and who finds and carries out the spell?
9. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
10. What does Stanley's wife, Dawnie, tell him as he is getting ready to leave?
Essay Topic 1
Although Alther is a ghost, he is still more than willing to help out where he can. In what ways does Alther help Marcia? How does he manage to make life more difficult for DomDaniel, despite lacking a corporeal self? What surprises does he leave for DomDaniel that will cause him discomfort?
Essay Topic 2
How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice? What risk does she take, instinctively knowing there is no alternative? What does Aunt Zelda do before the apprentice wakes up to help him?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Boy 412? Where is he found and by whom? What happens that causes Boy 412 to be fearful? What has Boy 412 been taught that he learns is untrue? When and where is he when he discovers the truth? How did Boy 412 almost ruin things for himself and those with him? What happens that changes his mind?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)