|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of spell does she admit she has no time to create?
2. Who is in charge of the Muriel?
3. Why was Boggart sent?
4. How does Boy 412 usually get woken up?
5. What amulet does Marcia wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of food does Aunt Zelda, serve and why is it so special to Boy 412?
2. Who usually gets Boy 412 out of bed and how?
3. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
4. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
5. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
6. Why does Silas go into the forest, and what does he return with? What does he sense on the way back?
7. What happens to the sentry Marcia finds outside the Wizard's Tower? What is he afraid of?
8. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
9. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
10. What is a Boggart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Silas Heap? What does he share with his family? What happens to the son that his wife, Sarah, gives birth to last? Why is this considered by all to be a tragic situation? How does Silas handle it? What is the truth behind this entire event? How long does it take before Silas and Sarah uncover it? In which chapter is one of the parents given the first hint that things might not have been what they seemed?
Essay Topic 2
What does Marcia do that irritates Zelda? What kind of alterations does she make? Why is Zelda so disturbed by them? What is left behind when Marcia is done? What was Marcia looking for, and what did she find that would help them all?
Essay Topic 3
Boy 412 finally accepts an invitation to be Marcia's apprentice. What are the terms? What does she provide him upon his acceptance as part of the tradition handed down? What does he ask for as his one 'Anything He Wants' offer from Marcia? What does he discover as a result? How does he feel about it?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)