|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Silas find his way back?
2. How does Marcia know who is at her door?
3. What is the only way for Silas to escape, according to Marcia?
4. How does the young soldier alert the Hunter to their location?
5. Who is Silas taking this home for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
2. How does Marcia manage to save the Muriel and her passengers from the Hunter and his men?
3. What does Morwenna Mould tell Sarah when she and Galen take the children to the Midwinter feast day, and how does she respond?
4. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
5. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
6. What did Alther learn from DomDaniel and become so adept at that he taught Marcia, who now uses it against DomDaniel?
7. What happens to the Shield Bugs that Jenna, Boy 412 and Nicko release against the Hunter?
8. Why does Sarah allow herself to be talked into going to the Midwinter feast day by Galen?
9. Who shows up and Marcia's house and why? What is Jenna disappointed at first?
10. What happens on the Vengeance when the Hunter's apprentice reveals he hasn't actually got Princess Jenna in his custody?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Magyk is filled with spells, charms and enchantments. What are they, and what do each of them do? Which side of magyk do each of them fall on - Light or Darke - and who employs them?
Essay Topic 2
How does DomDaniel's apprentice escape? In which direction is he headed, and why? What does he encounter along the way that gets on his nerves? Where does he finally manage to arrive? What does he report and to whom? What happens as a result?
Essay Topic 3
What spell does Marcia attempt to teach everyone in the house? Who balks, claiming they already know one, which is sufficient? Where does Marcia get the spell from? What is the spell called and when do they have occasion to actually use it? Who is left out at that time and why?
This section contains 1,915 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)