|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sally give Silas before he leaves Galen's?
2. Who gets separated from the group when Jenna, Nicko, and Boy go for a walk?
3. How will the Heaps travel?
4. Who sent a message to Silas?
5. Where does Galen live?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Silas first meet Morwenna Mould, and what circumstances placed her in his debt?
2. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
3. What happens to the sentry Marcia finds outside the Wizard's Tower? What is he afraid of?
4. Who usually gets Boy 412 out of bed and how?
5. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
6. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
7. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
8. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
9. What does Morwenna Mould tell Sarah when she and Galen take the children to the Midwinter feast day, and how does she respond?
10. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Marcia do that irritates Zelda? What kind of alterations does she make? Why is Zelda so disturbed by them? What is left behind when Marcia is done? What was Marcia looking for, and what did she find that would help them all?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the Hunter? What is he hunting and for whom? What tools does he have at his disposal? Who is his latest prey? Why is this prey so important and to whom? What kind of help does he have, and who does it come from? What powers of persuasion does he use, and on whom?
Essay Topic 3
What does Jenna get from her father for her tenth birthday? Why is she disappointed at first? What changes that? What does she name her gift? Who shares her love for it later? Why does it develop a liking for him?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)