|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Boy 412 loses the ring, how does he find it again?
2. Where does the ring lead him?
3. How will the Heaps travel?
4. What does the Hunter's apprentice believe he is witnessing the beginning of?
5. What is Silas's wife named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
2. What kind of food does Aunt Zelda, serve and why is it so special to Boy 412?
3. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
4. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
5. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
6. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
7. Who shows up and Marcia's house and why? What is Jenna disappointed at first?
8. What did Alther learn from DomDaniel and become so adept at that he taught Marcia, who now uses it against DomDaniel?
9. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
10. What is a Boggart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to DomDaniel after he is frozen by Zelda? What do they collectively decide is the best fate for someone like him? Who is DomDaniel when he finishes thawing? Why does he knock on the door? What does the future hold for him?
Essay Topic 2
How does Boy 412 feel about Marcia and the others? What is his initial response to them, and why? What was his education? What events or behaviors change his mind? What is one of the first differences he notices? When does he make the decision that he never wants to return to the Young Army? What does he finally begin to do at that stage?
Essay Topic 3
How do Marcia, Silas, Jenna, Boy 412, and Nicko escape from the Hunter when he almost catches them on the way to Deppen Ditch? Who almost ruins their escape, how, and why? Who does Aunt Zelda send to help them find their way to the cottage? How are his intentions almost mistaken?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)