|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Silas see coming out as he arrives home?
2. How old is Septimus?
3. Why does Boy 412 think he had such an easy time with a disappearing spell when he tries it for the first time?
4. What is Silas's wife named?
5. Where is the sentry who stood outside the Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Shieldbug, and what are they good for?
2. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
3. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
4. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
5. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
6. What does Marcia explain to Boy 412 about the ring that he found?
7. What does the large surge of water created by DomDaniel reveal on the marsh?
8. What does Morwenna Mould tell Sarah when she and Galen take the children to the Midwinter feast day, and how does she respond?
9. What is the first and most important thing Boy 412 remembers from his days in the Young Army, and how does it help him now?
10. What does DomDaniel do when he senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412?
Essay Topic 1
How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice? What risk does she take, instinctively knowing there is no alternative? What does Aunt Zelda do before the apprentice wakes up to help him?
Essay Topic 2
What spell does Marcia attempt to teach everyone in the house? Who balks, claiming they already know one, which is sufficient? Where does Marcia get the spell from? What is the spell called and when do they have occasion to actually use it? Who is left out at that time and why?
Essay Topic 3
What does Marcia do that irritates Zelda? What kind of alterations does she make? Why is Zelda so disturbed by them? What is left behind when Marcia is done? What was Marcia looking for, and what did she find that would help them all?
This section contains 1,930 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)