|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jenna wake up the next morning?
2. Who is Silas taking this home for?
3. What does Marcia do when she sees the Hunter coming?
4. Who is roused from his sleep on Jenna's tenth birthday?
5. Who is the first to realize that they are chasing a mirror image?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
2. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
3. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
4. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
5. How does Sally respond to the Hunter and why?
6. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
7. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
8. What story had Jenna and her best friend Bo often told each other, and what had Jenna said that upset Bo?
9. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
10. What is a Boggart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to the Queen? When does this occur? Who is taken from the castle shortly thereafter? What is the importance of this person's survival? Who knows the person's true identity? What allies are lending their support to ensure the safety and survival of this person?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Boy 412? Where is he found and by whom? What happens that causes Boy 412 to be fearful? What has Boy 412 been taught that he learns is untrue? When and where is he when he discovers the truth? How did Boy 412 almost ruin things for himself and those with him? What happens that changes his mind?
Essay Topic 3
How do Marcia, Silas, Jenna, Boy 412, and Nicko escape from the Hunter when he almost catches them on the way to Deppen Ditch? Who almost ruins their escape, how, and why? Who does Aunt Zelda send to help them find their way to the cottage? How are his intentions almost mistaken?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)