|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows the Hunter as he searches for the Princess?
2. Where are they when they come to a halt down the rubbish chute?
3. What does Boggart warn them about?
4. Who are the Wendron Witches looking for?
5. What does Sally try to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Silas first meet Morwenna Mould, and what circumstances placed her in his debt?
2. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
3. How does Sally respond to the Hunter and why?
4. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
5. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
6. What kind of food does Aunt Zelda, serve and why is it so special to Boy 412?
7. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
8. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
9. Who usually gets Boy 412 out of bed and how?
10. What is a Boggart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Boy 412 feel about Marcia and the others? What is his initial response to them, and why? What was his education? What events or behaviors change his mind? What is one of the first differences he notices? When does he make the decision that he never wants to return to the Young Army? What does he finally begin to do at that stage?
Essay Topic 2
What does Marcia do that irritates Zelda? What kind of alterations does she make? Why is Zelda so disturbed by them? What is left behind when Marcia is done? What was Marcia looking for, and what did she find that would help them all?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the Hunter? What is he hunting and for whom? What tools does he have at his disposal? Who is his latest prey? Why is this prey so important and to whom? What kind of help does he have, and who does it come from? What powers of persuasion does he use, and on whom?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)