Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sally give Silas before he leaves Galen's?
2. What worries Boy 412 about Marcia's response?
3. What does Sally drink when she sees the Hunter and his group coming her way?
4. What does the sentry think is going on?
5. Who is roused from his sleep on Jenna's tenth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What or who did the Hunter bring with him other than his apprentice to guard his prisoners on the way back to the castle?
2. What happens to the Shield Bugs that Jenna, Boy 412 and Nicko release against the Hunter?
3. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
4. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
5. What is the first and most important thing Boy 412 remembers from his days in the Young Army, and how does it help him now?
6. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
7. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
8. What do Aunt Zelda and the group decide to do with the Hunter before he thaws, and who finds and carries out the spell?
9. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
10. What does Stanley's wife, Dawnie, tell him as he is getting ready to leave?
Who is Silas Heap? What does he share with his family? What happens to the son that his wife, Sarah, gives birth to last? Why is this considered by all to be a tragic situation? How does Silas handle it? What is the truth behind this entire event? How long does it take before Silas and Sarah uncover it? In which chapter is one of the parents given the first hint that things might not have been what they seemed?
Why doesn't Silas return with Marcia's SafeKeeping? Where does he get stopped and why? What are the circumstances of his incarceration? Who visits him regularly? Why is Silas unshackled? Why does Silas waffle when he discovers the unlocked door?
What spell does Marcia attempt to teach everyone in the house? Who balks, claiming they already know one, which is sufficient? Where does Marcia get the spell from? What is the spell called and when do they have occasion to actually use it? Who is left out at that time and why?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)