|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcia do when she sees the Hunter coming?
2. How old is Septimus?
3. Who reveals the direction Silas and his group left in and their mode of transportation?
4. What does Silas discover on the way home?
5. What task does Marcia ask Boy 412 to help her with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alther tell Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
2. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
3. What does the large surge of water created by DomDaniel reveal on the marsh?
4. What is a Shieldbug, and what are they good for?
5. What did Alther learn from DomDaniel and become so adept at that he taught Marcia, who now uses it against DomDaniel?
6. Who usually gets Boy 412 out of bed and how?
7. What happens to the Marsh Python when the Big Thaw finally begins?
8. What joins the hunter's apprentice in the boat as he paddles through Deppen Ditch after leaving Aunt Zelda's through the cat door after Bert waddled out?
9. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
10. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to DomDaniel after he is frozen by Zelda? What do they collectively decide is the best fate for someone like him? Who is DomDaniel when he finishes thawing? Why does he knock on the door? What does the future hold for him?
Essay Topic 2
How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice? What risk does she take, instinctively knowing there is no alternative? What does Aunt Zelda do before the apprentice wakes up to help him?
Essay Topic 3
Boy 412 finally accepts an invitation to be Marcia's apprentice. What are the terms? What does she provide him upon his acceptance as part of the tradition handed down? What does he ask for as his one 'Anything He Wants' offer from Marcia? What does he discover as a result? How does he feel about it?
This section contains 1,914 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)