|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the young soldier alert the Hunter to their location?
2. Who is the first to realize that they are chasing a mirror image?
3. What process must each member of the household go through so that Shield Bugs recognize them and are willing to protect them?
4. What does Morwenna think happened to Simon?
5. What comes in the door when Jenna opens it after she hears a meow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who usually gets Boy 412 out of bed and how?
2. On what day does information of the Princess emerge? What is the bearer of this news asked to do, and when?
3. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
4. How does Marcia manage to save the Muriel and her passengers from the Hunter and his men?
5. How does Sally respond to the Hunter and why?
6. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
7. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
8. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
9. What kind of food does Aunt Zelda, serve and why is it so special to Boy 412?
10. What story had Jenna and her best friend Bo often told each other, and what had Jenna said that upset Bo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Silas Heap? What does he share with his family? What happens to the son that his wife, Sarah, gives birth to last? Why is this considered by all to be a tragic situation? How does Silas handle it? What is the truth behind this entire event? How long does it take before Silas and Sarah uncover it? In which chapter is one of the parents given the first hint that things might not have been what they seemed?
Essay Topic 2
How do Marcia, Silas, Jenna, Boy 412, and Nicko escape from the Hunter when he almost catches them on the way to Deppen Ditch? Who almost ruins their escape, how, and why? Who does Aunt Zelda send to help them find their way to the cottage? How are his intentions almost mistaken?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Boy 412? Where is he found and by whom? What happens that causes Boy 412 to be fearful? What has Boy 412 been taught that he learns is untrue? When and where is he when he discovers the truth? How did Boy 412 almost ruin things for himself and those with him? What happens that changes his mind?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)