|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcia take Jenna when they leave the Heap house?
2. How does Marcia know who is at her door?
3. What hobby does DomDaniel's apprentice enjoy?
4. Who is Jenna?
5. What does Silas discover on the way home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
2. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
3. What did Alther learn from DomDaniel and become so adept at that he taught Marcia, who now uses it against DomDaniel?
4. What kind of food does Aunt Zelda, serve and why is it so special to Boy 412?
5. What happens to the sentry Marcia finds outside the Wizard's Tower? What is he afraid of?
6. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
7. Why does Silas go into the forest, and what does he return with? What does he sense on the way back?
8. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
9. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
10. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the first to realize that there is someone else on the boat? What countermeasures are taken, and how effective are they? What is the damage done by the attempts to stop Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
Essay Topic 2
How does Boy 412 feel about Marcia and the others? What is his initial response to them, and why? What was his education? What events or behaviors change his mind? What is one of the first differences he notices? When does he make the decision that he never wants to return to the Young Army? What does he finally begin to do at that stage?
Essay Topic 3
How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice? What risk does she take, instinctively knowing there is no alternative? What does Aunt Zelda do before the apprentice wakes up to help him?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)