|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boy 412 think he had such an easy time with a disappearing spell when he tries it for the first time?
2. What two spells does Marcia maintain to save them from the Hunter?
3. How does the Hunter leave Sally?
4. What is the only way for Silas to escape, according to Marcia?
5. What happens to break Marcia's concentration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Boggart?
2. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
3. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
4. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
5. What is a Shieldbug, and what are they good for?
6. How does Marcia manage to save the Muriel and her passengers from the Hunter and his men?
7. Why does Silas go into the forest, and what does he return with? What does he sense on the way back?
8. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
9. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
10. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Wizard's Tower? Who uses it? Why was it originally built and by whom? What features did the tower have with Marcia as ExtraOrdinary Wizard? What happens when her title is taken by DomDaniel? How does his presence affect the various features in the Tower and why?
Essay Topic 2
How do Marcia, Silas, Jenna, Boy 412, and Nicko escape from the Hunter when he almost catches them on the way to Deppen Ditch? Who almost ruins their escape, how, and why? Who does Aunt Zelda send to help them find their way to the cottage? How are his intentions almost mistaken?
Essay Topic 3
Which character or characters enjoy being able to fly? How is it that they are able to? How many characters in this story have that ability? Which character uses this particular talent to leave and why? Who still waits for him to return? When is this most evident?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)