|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Silas find his way back?
2. What does Sally tell Sarah about the Queen?
3. What does Boggart warn them about?
4. What does Silas assure Sarah that does not come to pass?
5. How does Boy 412 usually get woken up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who shows up and Marcia's house and why? What is Jenna disappointed at first?
2. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
3. What story had Jenna and her best friend Bo often told each other, and what had Jenna said that upset Bo?
4. Why does Silas go into the forest, and what does he return with? What does he sense on the way back?
5. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
6. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
7. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
8. On what day does information of the Princess emerge? What is the bearer of this news asked to do, and when?
9. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
10. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What spell does Marcia attempt to teach everyone in the house? Who balks, claiming they already know one, which is sufficient? Where does Marcia get the spell from? What is the spell called and when do they have occasion to actually use it? Who is left out at that time and why?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Silas Heap? What does he share with his family? What happens to the son that his wife, Sarah, gives birth to last? Why is this considered by all to be a tragic situation? How does Silas handle it? What is the truth behind this entire event? How long does it take before Silas and Sarah uncover it? In which chapter is one of the parents given the first hint that things might not have been what they seemed?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the first to realize that there is someone else on the boat? What countermeasures are taken, and how effective are they? What is the damage done by the attempts to stop Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)