|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys does Silas tell Morwenna he has?
2. Why does Alther return to the castle?
3. How does the Hunter leave Sally?
4. What process must each member of the household go through so that Shield Bugs recognize them and are willing to protect them?
5. What does Morwenna tell Silas has come out of the Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is DomDaniel's apprentice excited?
2. When did Silas first meet Morwenna Mould, and what circumstances placed her in his debt?
3. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
4. What did Alther learn from DomDaniel and become so adept at that he taught Marcia, who now uses it against DomDaniel?
5. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
6. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
7. What does Morwenna Mould tell Sarah when she and Galen take the children to the Midwinter feast day, and how does she respond?
8. Who usually gets Boy 412 out of bed and how?
9. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
10. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Wizard's Tower? Who uses it? Why was it originally built and by whom? What features did the tower have with Marcia as ExtraOrdinary Wizard? What happens when her title is taken by DomDaniel? How does his presence affect the various features in the Tower and why?
Essay Topic 2
Although Alther is a ghost, he is still more than willing to help out where he can. In what ways does Alther help Marcia? How does he manage to make life more difficult for DomDaniel, despite lacking a corporeal self? What surprises does he leave for DomDaniel that will cause him discomfort?
Essay Topic 3
How does Boy 412 feel about Marcia and the others? What is his initial response to them, and why? What was his education? What events or behaviors change his mind? What is one of the first differences he notices? When does he make the decision that he never wants to return to the Young Army? What does he finally begin to do at that stage?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)