|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to break Marcia's concentration?
2. How does the young soldier alert the Hunter to their location?
3. Who is the first to notice the Hunter's boat returning?
4. What spell does Marcia teach those who do not already know at Zelda's?
5. What two spells does Marcia maintain to save them from the Hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is DomDaniel's apprentice excited?
2. How does Sally respond to the Hunter and why?
3. What is a Boggart?
4. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
5. What is a Shieldbug, and what are they good for?
6. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
7. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
8. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
9. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
10. What kind of food does Aunt Zelda, serve and why is it so special to Boy 412?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Boy 412? Where is he found and by whom? What happens that causes Boy 412 to be fearful? What has Boy 412 been taught that he learns is untrue? When and where is he when he discovers the truth? How did Boy 412 almost ruin things for himself and those with him? What happens that changes his mind?
Essay Topic 2
Although Alther is a ghost, he is still more than willing to help out where he can. In what ways does Alther help Marcia? How does he manage to make life more difficult for DomDaniel, despite lacking a corporeal self? What surprises does he leave for DomDaniel that will cause him discomfort?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to DomDaniel after he is frozen by Zelda? What do they collectively decide is the best fate for someone like him? Who is DomDaniel when he finishes thawing? Why does he knock on the door? What does the future hold for him?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)