|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Boy 412 been taught is the most important part of ambush?
(a) Be ready or die.
(b) Stillness is all.
(c) Haste is waste.
(d) Speed is everything.
2. What does Boy 412 give Marcia before she is taken away?
(a) A book of spells.
(b) The ring he thinks is magical.
(c) A Shield Bug.
(d) A key for the lock.
3. Who realizes that the Boy is actually DomDaniel in apprentice form?
(c) Boy 412.
4. Until recently, who did Jenna believe that Septimus was?
(a) Her twin brother.
(b) Her half brother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her oldest brother.
5. How does Marcia decide to return to the Castle?
(a) She decides to send a duplicate of herself to be safe.
(b) She is returning using the Midnight Minutes.
(c) She asks Stanley to take her as he had Silas.
(d) She asks Boy 412 to take her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Stanley the Message Rat?
2. How long is the apprenticeship that Boy 412 accepted with Marcia?
3. Why was Marcia so sure that the Boy in the cottage was not the apprentice?
4. What does a ghost woman tell Silas?
5. What is done to try to stop them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the large surge of water created by DomDaniel reveal on the marsh?
2. Why is Marcia unable to return to the Keeper's Cottage that night?
3. What kind of food is served at a Midwinter feast day celebration, and where does it come from?
4. What is served for Boy 412's apprentice supper?
5. What does Aunt Zelda see in the duck pond?
6. What joins the hunter's apprentice in the boat as he paddles through Deppen Ditch after leaving Aunt Zelda's through the cat door after Bert waddled out?
7. How does Boy 412 feel when the hunter's apprentice is brought in, and why?
8. Why does Sarah allow herself to be talked into going to the Midwinter feast day by Galen?
9. What does Alther tell Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
10. What happens when Jenna touches the circle on the wall with the dragon inside it?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)