|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the boat instinctively obey?
(b) Boy 412.
(d) Aunt Zelda.
2. What is done to try to stop them?
(a) A storm spell is used against them.
(b) A disappearing spell is used.
(c) Marcia's life is threatened.
(d) The ladder is removed.
3. How does Marcia decide to return to the Castle?
(a) She is returning using the Midnight Minutes.
(b) She decides to send a duplicate of herself to be safe.
(c) She asks Stanley to take her as he had Silas.
(d) She asks Boy 412 to take her.
4. What changes are made before Stanley leaves?
(a) He is asked to deliver a parcel as well.
(b) His status is upgraded to Priority Rat.
(c) His status as Confidential Rat is removed.
(d) His status is questioned.
5. What is the strangest thing that happens as Boy 412 and Jenna flee from the Hunter?
(a) The Hunter leaves Nicko alone.
(b) Boy 412 speaks.
(c) The Shield Bugs are all killed.
(d) Jenna falls into a cavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many witches are there at the MidWinter feast?
2. How long is the apprenticeship that Boy 412 accepted with Marcia?
3. Who helps to capture the apprentice this time?
4. What does closer inspection of the boat reveal?
5. What happened to Aunt Zelda's chicken coop after DomDaniel's storm washed it away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the large surge of water created by DomDaniel reveal on the marsh?
2. What does DomDaniel do when he senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412?
3. How does Boy 412 feel when the hunter's apprentice is brought in, and why?
4. What does Alther tell Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412?
5. How does Aunt Zelda manage to heal DomDaniel's apprentice?
6. Where is the body of DomDaniel's apprentice found, and in what condition?
7. What happens when Jenna touches the circle on the wall with the dragon inside it?
8. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
9. What happens to Stanley when he accepts an offer of a ride from Mad Jack?
10. Why does Sarah allow herself to be talked into going to the Midwinter feast day by Galen?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)