|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes are made before Stanley leaves?
(a) His status is upgraded to Priority Rat.
(b) His status is questioned.
(c) He is asked to deliver a parcel as well.
(d) His status as Confidential Rat is removed.
2. What happens to the apprentice as they watch the spell of Septimus' birth unfold?
(a) He hides in the marsh.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He is taken by the Python.
(d) He breaks the spell.
3. What does Silas do with Alther's helpful suggestion?
(a) Becomes a cat so he can roam unmolested.
(b) Hides from the removal man.
(c) Changes into a guard's uniform.
(d) Moves the Magyk books upstairs to hide them.
4. What does Marcia do to the young DomDaniel?
(a) She freezes him.
(b) She banishes him.
(c) She locks him in a dungeon.
(d) She turns him into a Boggart.
5. Who does Stanley finally reveal his message is for?
(a) Jenna Heap.
(b) Aunt Zelda.
(c) Silas Heap.
(d) Marcia Overstrand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who realizes that the Boy is actually DomDaniel in apprentice form?
2. Where do they catch up with the apprentice?
3. What does the dragon boat agree to do?
4. Where does Alther take Silas?
5. What operation is the Supreme Custodian planning against Silas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of message does Marcia receive from the Message Rat, and what are the consequences of that message?
2. What one question does Boy 412 have that he wants answered?
3. What kinds of preparations are done before the Big Freeze?
4. What or who did the Hunter bring with him other than his apprentice to guard his prisoners on the way back to the castle?
5. What is served for Boy 412's apprentice supper?
6. What joins the hunter's apprentice in the boat as he paddles through Deppen Ditch after leaving Aunt Zelda's through the cat door after Bert waddled out?
7. Why does Sarah allow herself to be talked into going to the Midwinter feast day by Galen?
8. Where does Marcia send the apprentice boy when she comes back from a walk to discover him in the cottage with the others, and why?
9. What is the first and most important thing Boy 412 remembers from his days in the Young Army, and how does it help him now?
10. What does DomDaniel do when he senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)