|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way for Silas to escape, according to Marcia?
(a) Down the laundry tube.
(b) Over the rooftops.
(c) Through the basement.
(d) Down the rubbish chute.
2. What else does the ring do aside from leading Boy 412?
(a) It glows.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It gives him light.
(d) It shrinks to fit his finger.
3. What surprises Boy 412 when he makes a list to ease his turmoil?
(a) He fears their rejection.
(b) There are more good things than bad things.
(c) It is unbalanced.
(d) He wants to go back to the Young Army.
4. What process must each member of the household go through so that Shield Bugs recognize them and are willing to protect them?
(a) Imprinting the bugs.
(b) Creating the spell.
(c) Injecting the bugs.
(d) Catching the bugs.
5. Where is the sentry who stood outside the Tower?
(a) On a breakfast break.
(b) Covered in snow on the ground in a heap.
(d) Standing at the back entrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcia ask Boy 412 when they are on their walk in the morning?
2. What does Sally tell Sarah about the Queen?
3. What does Aunt Zelda look for when the storm is high?
4. What does Morwenna think happened to Simon?
5. What does Silas discover on the way home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
2. What does Morwenna Mould tell Sarah when she and Galen take the children to the Midwinter feast day, and how does she respond?
3. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
4. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
5. Why is DomDaniel's apprentice excited?
6. What is a Boggart?
7. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
8. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
9. What story had Jenna and her best friend Bo often told each other, and what had Jenna said that upset Bo?
10. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)