|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way for Silas to escape, according to Marcia?
(a) Over the rooftops.
(b) Down the rubbish chute.
(c) Down the laundry tube.
(d) Through the basement.
2. What happens to break Marcia's concentration?
(a) Maxie licks her hand.
(b) The sail boat almost tips.
(c) She steps in cold water.
(d) She is splashed with cold water.
3. Why does Marcia drag Jenna upstairs when the Message Rat shows up?
(a) It might be a spell caster.
(b) It might be a charmed Rat.
(c) It might not be a Message Rat.
(d) It might not be a Chartered Confidential Rat.
4. Who is Petroc Trelawney?
(a) Silas's cousin.
(b) Marcia's brother.
(c) Jenna's teacher.
(d) Jenna's pet rock.
5. What does Boy find on the sandy bottom of the cave he is in?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) An amulet.
(c) A message.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Galen live?
2. What amulet does Marcia wear?
3. Who is Jenna?
4. What is the sentry's name?
5. What does Marcia suggest the Heaps do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
2. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
3. What story had Jenna and her best friend Bo often told each other, and what had Jenna said that upset Bo?
4. What did Alther learn from DomDaniel and become so adept at that he taught Marcia, who now uses it against DomDaniel?
5. What is a Shieldbug, and what are they good for?
6. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
7. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
8. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
9. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
10. How does Sally respond to the Hunter and why?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)