|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcia give Jenna?
(a) A crown.
(b) An amulet.
(c) A parchment.
(d) Her birth certificate.
2. What is Silas's wife named?
3. Who is Boggart?
(a) A companion to Maxie.
(b) A mud-loving creature sent by Aunt Zelda.
(c) A creature summoned by the use of Darke Magyk.
(d) A river dweller sent by the Hunter.
4. Who is in charge of the Muriel?
5. Why does Marcia drag Jenna upstairs when the Message Rat shows up?
(a) It might be a charmed Rat.
(b) It might not be a Chartered Confidential Rat.
(c) It might not be a Message Rat.
(d) It might be a spell caster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Silas find his way back?
2. What helps Jenna believe it is all true?
3. Where does the ring lead him?
4. Who is roused from his sleep on Jenna's tenth birthday?
5. What process must each member of the household go through so that Shield Bugs recognize them and are willing to protect them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
2. Why does Silas go into the forest, and what does he return with? What does he sense on the way back?
3. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
4. Who shows up and Marcia's house and why? What is Jenna disappointed at first?
5. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
6. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
7. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
8. Why is DomDaniel's apprentice excited?
9. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
10. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)