|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets separated from the group when Jenna, Nicko, and Boy go for a walk?
(d) Jenna and Boy.
2. What does the sentry think is going on?
(a) He will be punished.
(b) He has been kidnapped.
(c) He is being tested by the Young Army.
(d) He is dreaming.
3. How does Marcia know who is at her door?
(a) She uses a Translucent Spell.
(b) She calls out, "Hello."
(c) She doesn't.
(d) She looks through a peephole.
4. What is the only way for Silas to escape, according to Marcia?
(a) Down the laundry tube.
(b) Over the rooftops.
(c) Down the rubbish chute.
(d) Through the basement.
5. Where does Sally take them after Silas explains?
(a) To a traveler's cabin.
(b) To her house.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To a roadside inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silas discover on the way home?
2. Where does Marcia take Jenna when they leave the Heap house?
3. Who is Petroc Trelawney?
4. Where does Galen live?
5. Who does Silas see coming out as he arrives home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
2. What happens to the sentry Marcia finds outside the Wizard's Tower? What is he afraid of?
3. What kind of food does Aunt Zelda, serve and why is it so special to Boy 412?
4. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
5. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
6. Why is DomDaniel's apprentice excited?
7. What is a Boggart?
8. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
9. Why is Sally fearful after Silas and his group leave? What does she reveal and to whom?
10. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)