|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the apprentice to Alther Mello?
(a) The Necromancer.
(b) The Supreme Custodian.
(c) Sally Mullins.
(d) Marcia Overstrand.
2. Who is Boggart?
(a) A river dweller sent by the Hunter.
(b) A mud-loving creature sent by Aunt Zelda.
(c) A companion to Maxie.
(d) A creature summoned by the use of Darke Magyk.
3. What is the sentry's name?
(a) Boy 412.
(b) Joseph of Castlerock.
(c) Phillip of the Rambles.
(d) James the Second.
4. What does Marcia suggest the Heaps do?
(a) Take their sons and hide in the forest.
(b) Wait for her at the tavern.
(c) Move to another kingdom.
(d) Beg for forgiveness from the Supreme Custodian.
5. What does Boy find on the sandy bottom of the cave he is in?
(a) An amulet.
(b) A skeleton.
(c) A message.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silas Heap taking home as the story opens?
2. Who reports that the Princess has been found?
3. Who restrains the Boy until they can safely elude the Hunter?
4. What does Silas assure Sarah that does not come to pass?
5. What is name of Zelda's cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the sentry Marcia finds outside the Wizard's Tower? What is he afraid of?
2. How does Marcia manage to save the Muriel and her passengers from the Hunter and his men?
3. Who usually gets Boy 412 out of bed and how?
4. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
5. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
6. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
7. What does Sally Mullins tell Sarah Heap six months after Jenna's arrival? Why is this knowledge significant?
8. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
9. When did Silas first meet Morwenna Mould, and what circumstances placed her in his debt?
10. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)