|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does the ring do aside from leading Boy 412?
(a) It shrinks to fit his finger.
(b) It glows.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It gives him light.
2. How old is Septimus?
3. How does Boy 412 usually get woken up?
(a) With toast and jam.
(b) With porridge.
(c) With guard duty.
(d) With a bucket of icy water.
4. What does Sally tell Sarah about the Queen?
(a) She's left the castle.
(b) She's had twins.
(c) She is gravely ill.
(d) She's been killed.
5. What does Sally give Silas before he leaves Galen's?
(a) A hat to help hide his identity.
(b) A warm coat.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) Marcia's KeepSafe charm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion has Sally come to about Jenna?
2. Who gets separated from the group when Jenna, Nicko, and Boy go for a walk?
3. Who restrains the Boy until they can safely elude the Hunter?
4. What is name of Zelda's cat?
5. What surprises Boy 412 when he makes a list to ease his turmoil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
2. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
3. What does Morwenna Mould tell Sarah when she and Galen take the children to the Midwinter feast day, and how does she respond?
4. Who shows up and Marcia's house and why? What is Jenna disappointed at first?
5. What kind of food does Aunt Zelda, serve and why is it so special to Boy 412?
6. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
7. When did Silas first meet Morwenna Mould, and what circumstances placed her in his debt?
8. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
9. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
10. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)