|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcia drag Jenna upstairs when the Message Rat shows up?
(a) It might not be a Message Rat.
(b) It might not be a Chartered Confidential Rat.
(c) It might be a charmed Rat.
(d) It might be a spell caster.
2. What else does the ring do aside from leading Boy 412?
(a) It gives him light.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It shrinks to fit his finger.
(d) It glows.
3. Who is the first to notice the Hunter's boat returning?
(b) Boy 412.
4. What does Sally tell Sarah about the Queen?
(a) She is gravely ill.
(b) She's left the castle.
(c) She's had twins.
(d) She's been killed.
5. Who is the first to realize that they are chasing a mirror image?
(a) Boy 412.
(b) DomDaniel's apprentice.
(c) The Hunter.
(d) An oarsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Septimus?
2. Who reports that the Princess has been found?
3. Who is in charge of the Muriel?
4. What does Boy find on the sandy bottom of the cave he is in?
5. What does Marcia do when the Hunter catches up to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
2. How does Marcia learn that the Heaps are in danger? Who is particularly in trouble, and what does Marcia recommend?
3. How does Marcia manage to save the Muriel and her passengers from the Hunter and his men?
4. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
5. What does Marcia do with Zelda's desk, and how does Zelda feel about it?
6. On what day does information of the Princess emerge? What is the bearer of this news asked to do, and when?
7. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
8. When did Silas first meet Morwenna Mould, and what circumstances placed her in his debt?
9. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
10. Who does the Message Rat bring a message to Aunt Zelda's for, and what does the message contain?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)