|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Septimus?
2. What task does Marcia ask Boy 412 to help her with?
(a) Scouting for signs of the Hunter.
(b) Collecting herbs for other spells.
(c) Collecting bugs to make Shield Bugs.
(d) Collecting salad greens for dinner.
3. What conclusion has Sally come to about Jenna?
(a) That she is spoiled.
(b) That Silas is not her father.
(c) That she is not a wizard.
(d) That she is the Princess.
4. What does Marcia ask Boy 412 when they are on their walk in the morning?
(a) If he wants to go home.
(b) If he wants to be her apprentice.
(c) How long he's been in service.
(d) If he remembers his parents.
5. What does Sally tell Sarah about the Queen?
(a) She's had twins.
(b) She is gravely ill.
(c) She's been killed.
(d) She's left the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Boggart sent?
2. What surprises Boy 412 when he makes a list to ease his turmoil?
3. How does Boy 412 usually get woken up?
4. How does the young soldier alert the Hunter to their location?
5. How old is the sentry that Marcia sees on her way to the Heap house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marcia reasonably certain that Sally will be safe?
2. How does Marcia manage to save the Muriel and her passengers from the Hunter and his men?
3. On what day does information of the Princess emerge? What is the bearer of this news asked to do, and when?
4. How does Sally respond to the Hunter and why?
5. How do Silas, Jenna, the sentry, Nicko, Marcia and Maxie escape from the assassin? Where do they end up, and what complication arises as a result?
6. Why is DomDaniel's apprentice excited?
7. What does Silas illegally rescue from the school? Why do these items require rescuing? Where does Silas take them? What use are they?
8. What does Jenna tell Boy 412 after he reveals the ring he found to her?
9. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
10. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)