|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way for Silas to escape, according to Marcia?
(a) Down the laundry tube.
(b) Through the basement.
(c) Over the rooftops.
(d) Down the rubbish chute.
2. Where does Sally take them after Silas explains?
(a) To a roadside inn.
(b) To her house.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To a traveler's cabin.
3. What happens to break Marcia's concentration?
(a) She steps in cold water.
(b) The sail boat almost tips.
(c) She is splashed with cold water.
(d) Maxie licks her hand.
4. What surprises Boy 412 when he makes a list to ease his turmoil?
(a) He fears their rejection.
(b) It is unbalanced.
(c) He wants to go back to the Young Army.
(d) There are more good things than bad things.
5. Why does Boy 412 think he had such an easy time with a disappearing spell when he tries it for the first time?
(a) He believes they are all trying to trick him.
(b) He believes it is the ring he found.
(c) He believes Jenna helped him.
(d) He believes Marcia enchanted him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the young soldier alert the Hunter to their location?
2. Why does Alther return to the castle?
3. What does Morwenna tell Silas has come into the hub of the Castle?
4. What does Boggart warn them about?
5. Who is the first to notice the Hunter's boat returning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sally help them after Silas explains what is going on? Where will they go and how?
2. What does Alther discover when he leaves Silas and the canoes and goes to Marcia's apartment in the Wizard's Tower?
3. Who usually gets Boy 412 out of bed and how?
4. What happened to Zelda's brother, Theo, and where is he now?
5. How does the Hunter discover the direction taken and the mode of transportation used by Silas, Marcia and the others?
6. What do Marcia and Jenna find when they get back to the Wizard's Tower? Why has this happened?
7. Why does Marcia object when the first of the sentries arrive at the Wizard Tower? What does she suspect the real reason for their presence is?
8. When did Silas first meet Morwenna Mould, and what circumstances placed her in his debt?
9. What happens to the sentry Marcia finds outside the Wizard's Tower? What is he afraid of?
10. What did Alther learn from DomDaniel and become so adept at that he taught Marcia, who now uses it against DomDaniel?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)