|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does closer inspection of the boat reveal?
(a) That it is magically propelled.
(b) It is made of magic materials.
(c) That it is not seaworthy.
(d) That it once was alive and turned into a boat.
2. Where is the Message Rat to deliver a message to?
(b) Aunt Zelda.
3. Where is Simon being held?
(a) The Tower.
(b) At this time, no one knows.
(c) The Castle Keep.
(d) The dungeon.
4. What do Zelda and the children see coming toward the cottage?
(a) The Vengeance.
(d) A storm.
5. What is the main goal of Simon's return to the Castle?
(a) To confront the Supreme Custodian.
(b) To slip in and out unnoticed.
(c) To see his best friend.
(d) To marry Lucy Gringe.
6. What has Boy 412 been taught is the most important part of ambush?
(a) Speed is everything.
(b) Be ready or die.
(c) Haste is waste.
(d) Stillness is all.
7. What does Jenna get a reaction from in the cave?
(a) A rope.
(b) A hieroglyph.
(c) A rock.
(d) A snake.
8. What do they all fear at first?
(a) The thickness of the ice.
(b) Getting lost.
(c) The height of the hill.
(d) The python.
9. What does Silas disguise himself as when he goes back into the castle?
(a) As a worker.
(b) As a cleaner.
(c) As a mechanic.
(d) As a baker.
10. What do they decide to do with the Hunter to keep him from pursuing them further?
(a) They decide to erase his memory.
(b) They send him to a far-off land.
(c) They shoot him.
(d) They use a spell on him that makes him fearful of everyone.
11. What does Alther tell Silas after he escapes from the ladies' washroom where the Supreme Custodian was holding him?
(a) That Marcia is losing hope.
(b) That Simon is at the Tavern.
(c) That Sarah is at the Tavern.
(d) That Sally is at the Tavern.
12. What happened to Aunt Zelda's chicken coop after DomDaniel's storm washed it away?
(a) It picked up DomDaniel's two swimmers, who turned it into a growing enterprise.
(b) They floated to the Wendron Witches' forest.
(c) They were absorbed into the mud.
(d) They were taken to another county by the water.
13. Where does Zelda tell the children to hide?
(a) In the chicken coop.
(b) Out in the marsh.
(c) Up in the attic bedrooms.
(d) Through the potions cupboard and into the cave.
14. Why was Marcia so sure that the Boy in the cottage was not the apprentice?
(a) She recognized it in his eyes.
(b) She had found the apprentice's body earlier.
(c) She could see the evil energy.
(d) She could feel his darke magyk.
15. What does Aunt Zelda reveal with her spell to see the truth of Septimus' life?
(a) That he was not stillborn.
(b) That he was buried outside the castle walls.
(c) That he was taken by DomDaniel.
(d) That he was poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Hunter later knocks on the door, what does he want?
2. Who shows up at the former Heap residence, and why is he there?
3. What does Marcia ask Boy 412?
4. How does the message refer to Marcia?
5. What is the former midwife, Agnes Meredith, searching for?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)