|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcia ask Boy 412?
(a) If he remembers his family.
(b) If he wants to be returned to the Young Army.
(c) If he knows what his name is.
(d) If he will be her apprentice - again.
2. Who is Hotep-Ra?
(a) The first ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
(b) A Prince from another land.
(c) An ancient boat builder.
(d) An architect of ancient Egypt.
3. Who follows the apprentice to stop him from revealing their location?
(a) Nicko and Jenna.
(b) Boy 412 and Zelda.
(c) Jenna and Zelda.
(d) Jenna, Nicko, and Boy 412.
4. What has Boy 412 been taught is the most important part of ambush?
(a) Stillness is all.
(b) Be ready or die.
(c) Haste is waste.
(d) Speed is everything.
5. How does DomDaniel respond when he hears the whole story?
(a) He kills the apprentice.
(b) He sends Marcia back to her cell.
(c) He throws the apprentice overboard.
(d) He locks the apprentice up with Marcia.
6. What is the strangest thing that happens as Boy 412 and Jenna flee from the Hunter?
(a) Boy 412 speaks.
(b) The Hunter leaves Nicko alone.
(c) The Shield Bugs are all killed.
(d) Jenna falls into a cavern.
7. Who did Jenna's Shield Bug take a disliking to after it floated into port?
(a) A new circus buffoon.
(b) The Jailer.
(c) The Matron.
(d) The Gatekeeper.
8. Who does DomDaniel have on his ship?
9. What does Alther tell Silas after he escapes from the ladies' washroom where the Supreme Custodian was holding him?
(a) That Simon is at the Tavern.
(b) That Sarah is at the Tavern.
(c) That Marcia is losing hope.
(d) That Sally is at the Tavern.
10. What do they all fear at first?
(a) The height of the hill.
(b) The thickness of the ice.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) The python.
11. What does closer inspection of the boat reveal?
(a) It is made of magic materials.
(b) That it is magically propelled.
(c) That it once was alive and turned into a boat.
(d) That it is not seaworthy.
12. What color are Witches' eyes?
(a) Bright and piercing blue.
(b) Brown with flecks of gold.
(c) Green with flecks of gold.
(d) Deep and bright green.
13. What does Nicko not know, forcing him to remain behind in the boat?
(a) The climbing spell.
(b) The changeling spell.
(c) The invisibility spell Marcia taught them.
(d) The defensive spell.
14. Where does Alther take Silas?
(a) To the often-empty guard's quarters.
(b) To see the Supreme Custodian.
(c) To the Hole in the Wall Tavern.
(d) To the Wizard's Tower.
15. Allowed one gift from Marcia for his apprenticeship, what does Boy 412 choose?
(a) He wants a new cape.
(b) He wants to have a book of spells to study.
(c) He wants to know who he is.
(d) He want to have a new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who realizes that the Boy is actually DomDaniel in apprentice form?
2. How does Aunt Zelda deal with the Hunter?
3. What do Zelda and the children see coming toward the cottage?
4. What operation is the Supreme Custodian planning against Silas?
5. What happened to DomDaniel's apprentice?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)