|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Deputy Hunter who taught Boy 412 how to check for signs of disturbance?
2. Who finds out about Simon's plans and interferes with them?
(a) The Supreme Custodian.
(b) The Message Rat.
(c) The bartender.
(d) The Gatekeeper.
3. What does Alther tell Silas after he escapes from the ladies' washroom where the Supreme Custodian was holding him?
(a) That Marcia is losing hope.
(b) That Simon is at the Tavern.
(c) That Sally is at the Tavern.
(d) That Sarah is at the Tavern.
4. What operation is the Supreme Custodian planning against Silas?
(a) Operation Heap In Deep.
(b) Operation Deep Sleep Heap.
(c) Operation Compost Heap.
(d) Operation Garbage Heap.
5. What happens to the apprentice as they watch the spell of Septimus' birth unfold?
(a) He hides in the marsh.
(b) He breaks the spell.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He is taken by the Python.
6. How does Marcia decide to return to the Castle?
(a) She asks Stanley to take her as he had Silas.
(b) She is returning using the Midnight Minutes.
(c) She asks Boy 412 to take her.
(d) She decides to send a duplicate of herself to be safe.
7. What does the apprentice begin by telling DomDaniel?
(a) That he lost the Princess.
(b) That the Hunter is gone.
(c) That the Hunter is a clown.
(d) That he captured the Princess.
8. Who do they see on the beach?
9. Where do Jenna and Nicko find Stanley?
(a) In the potion cabinet.
(b) With the Boggart.
(c) At Mad Jack's house.
(d) In the swamp.
10. What is the main goal of Simon's return to the Castle?
(a) To confront the Supreme Custodian.
(b) To marry Lucy Gringe.
(c) To slip in and out unnoticed.
(d) To see his best friend.
11. Whose child actually became DomDaniel's apprentice?
(b) Sarah Heap's.
(c) The Queen's.
(d) The midwife's.
12. What does a ghost woman tell Silas?
(a) That Simon is in grave danger.
(b) That Simon left Sarah intentionally.
(c) That Simon has not been seen.
(d) That Simon is still in the Forest.
13. What does Aunt Zelda reveal with her spell to see the truth of Septimus' life?
(a) That he was not stillborn.
(b) That he was poisoned.
(c) That he was buried outside the castle walls.
(d) That he was taken by DomDaniel.
14. Why did Simon slip away from Sarah and the others?
(a) To retrieve a charm and a staff.
(b) To see his best friend, Pittacus Gringe.
(c) To see his girlfriend, Lucy Gringe.
(d) To go back home to get things he needs.
15. How does the message refer to Marcia?
(a) As the Ordinary Wizard.
(b) As the Wizard once ExtraOrdinary.
(c) As the less-than ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
(d) As the ex-ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the dragon boat sad to be returning to Zelda's house?
2. What does closer inspection of the boat reveal?
3. Who shows up at the former Heap residence, and why is he there?
4. What new occupation do they give him?
5. What do they decide to do with the Hunter to keep him from pursuing them further?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)