|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Simon slip away from Sarah and the others?
(a) To see his girlfriend, Lucy Gringe.
(b) To go back home to get things he needs.
(c) To see his best friend, Pittacus Gringe.
(d) To retrieve a charm and a staff.
2. Who shows up at the former Heap residence, and why is he there?
(a) A removal man cleaning out the Heap house.
(b) An assassin seeking the Princess.
(c) A Guard seeking the Heaps.
(d) A Wizard seeking Silas.
3. Who summons Stanley the Message Rat?
(a) Sarah Heap.
(b) Sally Mullins.
(c) The Rat Office.
(d) The Supreme Custodian.
4. What happens to the giant python when the Big Thaw comes?
(a) He is too skinny to lift himself out.
(b) He gets stuck in a circle and can't undo himself.
(c) He is stuck in the mud.
(d) He is too tired to find food.
5. Who does the boat instinctively obey?
(a) Boy 412.
(b) Aunt Zelda.
6. What changes are made before Stanley leaves?
(a) He is asked to deliver a parcel as well.
(b) His status is upgraded to Priority Rat.
(c) His status is questioned.
(d) His status as Confidential Rat is removed.
7. How does the apprentice escape again?
(a) With help from a Magog.
(b) Through the cat door.
(c) Through the potion cabinet.
(d) Through the window.
8. Where do Jenna and Nicko find Stanley?
(a) At Mad Jack's house.
(b) With the Boggart.
(c) In the potion cabinet.
(d) In the swamp.
9. What happens when Boy 412 grabs the tiller?
(a) It melds with his hand and becomes part of him.
(b) The wings unfold, and it speeds towards the wall.
(c) It changes into a snake.
(d) It breaks off in his hand.
10. How does DomDaniel respond when he hears the whole story?
(a) He throws the apprentice overboard.
(b) He sends Marcia back to her cell.
(c) He kills the apprentice.
(d) He locks the apprentice up with Marcia.
11. What does Silas do with Alther's helpful suggestion?
(a) Moves the Magyk books upstairs to hide them.
(b) Changes into a guard's uniform.
(c) Becomes a cat so he can roam unmolested.
(d) Hides from the removal man.
12. What does Boy 412 finally agree to do?
(a) Return to the Castle.
(b) Stay with Aunt Zelda.
(c) Choose a real name for himself.
(d) Become Marcia's apprentice.
13. What does the dragon boat agree to do?
(a) Take the to rescue Silas.
(b) Take them to see Sarah.
(c) Take them to the Castle.
(d) Attack the Vengeance.
14. Where does Alther take Silas?
(a) To see the Supreme Custodian.
(b) To the Hole in the Wall Tavern.
(c) To the often-empty guard's quarters.
(d) To the Wizard's Tower.
15. What has Boy 412 been taught is the most important part of ambush?
(a) Stillness is all.
(b) Be ready or die.
(c) Haste is waste.
(d) Speed is everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does closer inspection of the boat reveal?
2. What do Jenna and Nicko find in the marsh?
3. What happened to DomDaniel's apprentice?
4. What operation is the Supreme Custodian planning against Silas?
5. What is done to try to stop them?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)