|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at the former Heap residence, and why is he there?
(a) An assassin seeking the Princess.
(b) A Wizard seeking Silas.
(c) A Guard seeking the Heaps.
(d) A removal man cleaning out the Heap house.
2. How does DomDaniel respond when he hears the whole story?
(a) He kills the apprentice.
(b) He sends Marcia back to her cell.
(c) He locks the apprentice up with Marcia.
(d) He throws the apprentice overboard.
3. What does DomDaniel think when he sees the dragon boat?
(a) He thinks nothing can harm him.
(b) He thinks he is being scouted.
(c) He thinks it is a projection.
(d) He thinks it belongs to traders.
4. What problem had Zelda not informed Marcia about?
(a) The rat hadn't told the whole truth.
(b) She planned to go with her.
(c) Timepieces notoriously run out of time at the Keeper's Cottage.
(d) The message could not have come from Silas.
5. Where do Jenna and Nicko find Stanley?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) At Mad Jack's house.
(c) In the potion cabinet.
(d) With the Boggart.
6. What do Jenna and Nicko find in the marsh?
(a) A young girl.
(b) Another boy.
(c) Another dragon.
(d) A strange boat.
7. Who senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412 on the Vengeance?
(d) The apprentice.
8. What shape is the boat that appears to Jenna?
(a) A snake.
(b) A whale.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A magog.
9. Who does Stanley finally reveal his message is for?
(a) Aunt Zelda.
(b) Silas Heap.
(c) Marcia Overstrand.
(d) Jenna Heap.
10. What does Boy 412 finally agree to do?
(a) Become Marcia's apprentice.
(b) Choose a real name for himself.
(c) Stay with Aunt Zelda.
(d) Return to the Castle.
11. What does Jenna get a reaction from in the cave?
(a) A hieroglyph.
(b) A rope.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rock.
12. What is done to try to stop them?
(a) A disappearing spell is used.
(b) Marcia's life is threatened.
(c) The ladder is removed.
(d) A storm spell is used against them.
13. Who do they see on the beach?
14. What does the apprentice begin by telling DomDaniel?
(a) That the Hunter is a clown.
(b) That he captured the Princess.
(c) That the Hunter is gone.
(d) That he lost the Princess.
15. Why did Simon slip away from Sarah and the others?
(a) To retrieve a charm and a staff.
(b) To see his best friend, Pittacus Gringe.
(c) To go back home to get things he needs.
(d) To see his girlfriend, Lucy Gringe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcia get taken after the guards grab her outside the Castle?
2. What do Nicko, Boy 412, and Jenna do to amuse themselves?
3. How many witches are there at the MidWinter feast?
4. Where does Zelda tell the children to hide?
5. What did the Deputy Hunter drill into Boy 412 over and over again?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)