|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done to try to stop them?
(a) A disappearing spell is used.
(b) The ladder is removed.
(c) Marcia's life is threatened.
(d) A storm spell is used against them.
2. What does Aunt Zelda do to the Hunter to contain him temporarily?
(a) She tells the python to guard him.
(b) She freezes him.
(c) She locks him in the basement.
(d) She puts him in a fire circle.
3. When the Hunter later knocks on the door, what does he want?
(a) Nothing.. he never knocks.
4. What does DomDaniel think when he sees the dragon boat?
(a) He thinks he is being scouted.
(b) He thinks nothing can harm him.
(c) He thinks it is a projection.
(d) He thinks it belongs to traders.
5. What new occupation do they give him?
(a) Circus clown.
(b) Truck driver.
(c) Saloon keeper.
(d) Rubbish man's apprentice.
6. Why are the castle Guards unable to find Silas after Gringe tells them he is in the castle?
(a) He has already left the castle.
(b) He has Sally to help him hide.
(c) He is protected by Marcia's KeepSafe.
(d) He is good at hiding.
7. What do they decide to do with the Hunter to keep him from pursuing them further?
(a) They send him to a far-off land.
(b) They use a spell on him that makes him fearful of everyone.
(c) They shoot him.
(d) They decide to erase his memory.
8. Where does Marcia get taken after the guards grab her outside the Castle?
(a) To the Wizard's Tower.
(b) To the Castle's Chamber of Shadows.
(c) To the Castle Keep.
(d) To the bottom of Dungeon Number One.
9. What does Aunt Zelda reveal with her spell to see the truth of Septimus' life?
(a) That he was taken by DomDaniel.
(b) That he was poisoned.
(c) That he was buried outside the castle walls.
(d) That he was not stillborn.
10. What happens to the apprentice as they watch the spell of Septimus' birth unfold?
(a) He hides in the marsh.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He is taken by the Python.
(d) He breaks the spell.
11. Who senses the presence of Jenna and Boy 412 on the Vengeance?
(d) The apprentice.
12. Who does the boat instinctively obey?
(a) Boy 412.
(d) Aunt Zelda.
13. How do Sarah and Silas get to Aunt Zelda's?
(a) They paddle there in an old canoe.
(b) They come on the Vengeance.
(c) They come with Alther on his boat, the Molly.
(d) They are brought by the dragon boat.
14. What has Boy 412 been taught is the most important part of ambush?
(a) Stillness is all.
(b) Speed is everything.
(c) Haste is waste.
(d) Be ready or die.
15. How does the message refer to Marcia?
(a) As the Ordinary Wizard.
(b) As the less-than ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
(c) As the ex-ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
(d) As the Wizard once ExtraOrdinary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jenna and Nicko find in the marsh?
2. What does Nicko not know, forcing him to remain behind in the boat?
3. Who follows the apprentice to stop him from revealing their location?
4. What operation is the Supreme Custodian planning against Silas?
5. What does Boy 412 give Marcia before she is taken away?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)