|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Silas find his way back?
(a) The Message Rat.
(d) The Boggart.
2. Where does Silas go?
(a) To see the Supreme Custodian.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To see Alther.
(d) To the pub.
3. Who is the only person with whom Boy 412 has ever shared secrets?
(a) Boy 411.
(b) Girl 312.
(c) Boy 410.
(d) Boy 409.
4. What is Silas Heap taking home as the story opens?
5. Who follows the Hunter as he searches for the Princess?
(a) DomDaniel's apprentice.
(b) The Supreme Custodian.
(c) The young sentry.
(d) Alther Mello.
6. Where is the sentry who stood outside the Tower?
(a) Standing at the back entrance.
(c) On a breakfast break.
(d) Covered in snow on the ground in a heap.
7. What else does the ring do aside from leading Boy 412?
(a) It gives him light.
(b) It shrinks to fit his finger.
(c) It glows.
(d) It disappears.
8. What does Sally think when she sees Silas and Marcia together?
(a) That Sarah is in trouble.
(b) That they are running away together.
(c) That they are on a quest.
(d) That they are looking for someone.
9. What worries Boy 412 about Marcia's response?
(a) He is afraid to lose the good life he has found.
(b) He believes he's done something wrong.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He fears her wrath.
10. How old is the sentry that Marcia sees on her way to the Heap house?
11. What does Silas discover on the way home?
(a) An axe.
(b) A coat.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A baby.
12. Who reports that the Princess has been found?
(a) The gatekeeper.
(b) The priest.
(c) An assassin.
(d) The dungeon master.
13. Where does Galen live?
(a) In a ground burrow.
(b) In a cottage in the swamp.
(c) In the Castle.
(d) In a treehouse in the forest.
14. What kind of spell does she admit she has no time to create?
(a) A "Darkness" spell.
(b) An "Element Control" spell.
(c) A "Time Stopping" spell.
(d) A "Transportation" spell.
15. Who is the first to notice the Hunter's boat returning?
(c) Boy 412.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the Heaps travel?
2. How does the Hunter leave Sally?
3. What does Boggart warn them about?
4. How many boys does Silas tell Morwenna he has?
5. What kind of dog do the Heaps have?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)