|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boys does Silas tell Morwenna he has?
(a) Seven in total, but one died.
(b) Six in total, but one died.
(c) Five in total, but one died.
(d) Eight in total, but one died.
2. What does Aunt Zelda look for when the storm is high?
(d) Her brother Theo, a storm petrel.
3. Why was Boggart sent?
(a) He wasn't. He just lives in the river.
(b) To capsize their boats.
(c) To show them the way to Aunt Zelda's cottage.
(d) To recruit for the Darke side.
4. How does Marcia know who is at her door?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) She looks through a peephole.
(c) She calls out, "Hello."
(d) She uses a Translucent Spell.
5. Who sent a message to Silas?
6. Where does the ring lead him?
(a) Aunt Zelda's potion cabinet.
(b) The Quake Ooze.
(c) The canoes.
(d) Aunt Zelda's cottage.
7. Who are most people in awe of?
(a) The ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
(b) The Supreme Custodian.
(c) The Gatekeeper.
(d) The Necromancer.
8. Who is the only person with whom Boy 412 has ever shared secrets?
(a) Boy 409.
(b) Boy 411.
(c) Boy 410.
(d) Girl 312.
9. What worries Boy 412 about Marcia's response?
(a) He is afraid to lose the good life he has found.
(b) He believes he's done something wrong.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He fears her wrath.
10. What does Morwenna tell Silas has come into the hub of the Castle?
(a) A colony of Evil.
(b) A terrible Darkenesse.
(c) A mechanical Demolisher.
(d) A wonderful Lightening.
11. Where does Sally take them after Silas explains?
(a) To a traveler's cabin.
(b) To a roadside inn.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To her house.
12. What does the sentry think is going on?
(a) He has been kidnapped.
(b) He will be punished.
(c) He is dreaming.
(d) He is being tested by the Young Army.
13. Who is Petroc Trelawney?
(a) Jenna's pet rock.
(b) Jenna's teacher.
(c) Silas's cousin.
(d) Marcia's brother.
14. What does Morwenna think happened to Simon?
(a) He is lost and wandering the Forest.
(b) His was killed by monsters unleashed from the Castle.
(c) He was taken to the Castle.
(d) He has gone home.
15. How old is the sentry that Marcia sees on her way to the Heap house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Jenna believe it is all true?
2. What else does the ring do aside from leading Boy 412?
3. Who is Boggart?
4. What does Jenna see when she opens her gift?
5. Where does Jenna wake up the next morning?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)