|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcia take Jenna when they leave the Heap house?
(a) To another family.
(b) To the Wizard's Tower.
(c) To the next kingdom.
(d) To the forest.
2. How does the Hunter leave Sally?
(a) Hiding and afraid.
(b) Locked in her burning cafe.
(c) In a horse-drawn wagon.
3. What does the Hunter's apprentice believe he is witnessing the beginning of?
(a) His Master's defeat.
(b) A long boat ride.
(c) His rise to power.
(d) His Master's return.
4. What process must each member of the household go through so that Shield Bugs recognize them and are willing to protect them?
(a) Catching the bugs.
(b) Imprinting the bugs.
(c) Injecting the bugs.
(d) Creating the spell.
5. Who restrains the Boy until they can safely elude the Hunter?
6. What task does Marcia ask Boy 412 to help her with?
(a) Collecting bugs to make Shield Bugs.
(b) Collecting herbs for other spells.
(c) Scouting for signs of the Hunter.
(d) Collecting salad greens for dinner.
7. What does Jenna see when she opens her gift?
(a) A rock.
(b) A dress.
(c) A doll.
(d) A pair of shoes.
8. What does Aunt Zelda look for when the storm is high?
(d) Her brother Theo, a storm petrel.
9. Where are they when they come to a halt down the rubbish chute?
(a) The Heap residence.
(b) The water's edge.
(c) The forest entrance.
(d) The Riverside Amenity Rubbish Dump.
10. What hobby does DomDaniel's apprentice enjoy?
(a) Drying flowers.
(c) Collecting rocks.
(d) Collecting ants.
11. What does Morwenna tell Silas has come out of the Castle?
12. What does Morwenna think happened to Simon?
(a) He has gone home.
(b) He is lost and wandering the Forest.
(c) He was taken to the Castle.
(d) His was killed by monsters unleashed from the Castle.
13. How will the Heaps travel?
(a) On foot.
(b) They won't.
(c) By sailboat.
(d) By horse-drawn carriage.
14. Where does Jenna wake up the next morning?
(a) In the Keeper's Cottage on Draggen Island.
(b) In the canoe.
(c) At home with Silas and Sarah.
(d) In the Wizard's Tower.
15. Who are most people in awe of?
(a) The ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
(b) The Supreme Custodian.
(c) The Gatekeeper.
(d) The Necromancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alther return to the castle?
2. Where does Galen live?
3. Who helps Silas find his way back?
4. What worries Boy 412 about Marcia's response?
5. Who is in charge of the Muriel?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)