|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will the Heaps travel?
(a) They won't.
(b) By sailboat.
(c) On foot.
(d) By horse-drawn carriage.
2. Why does Boy 412 think he had such an easy time with a disappearing spell when he tries it for the first time?
(a) He believes Marcia enchanted him.
(b) He believes Jenna helped him.
(c) He believes it is the ring he found.
(d) He believes they are all trying to trick him.
3. What does Boy find on the sandy bottom of the cave he is in?
(a) An amulet.
(b) A ring.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A message.
4. What does Marcia suggest the Heaps do?
(a) Wait for her at the tavern.
(b) Beg for forgiveness from the Supreme Custodian.
(c) Move to another kingdom.
(d) Take their sons and hide in the forest.
5. What does Marcia do when the Hunter catches up to them?
(a) She hides in the keel.
(b) She creates a storm of biblical proportions.
(c) She creates a fog in fifty-three seconds.
(d) She makes their boat and everyone in it disappear.
6. What does Jenna see when she opens her gift?
(a) A dress.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A rock.
(d) A doll.
7. What surprises Boy 412 when he makes a list to ease his turmoil?
(a) There are more good things than bad things.
(b) It is unbalanced.
(c) He fears their rejection.
(d) He wants to go back to the Young Army.
8. What does Aunt Zelda look for when the storm is high?
(a) Her brother Theo, a storm petrel.
9. What does Sally tell Sarah about the Queen?
(a) She's been killed.
(b) She's had twins.
(c) She's left the castle.
(d) She is gravely ill.
10. What worries Boy 412 about Marcia's response?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is afraid to lose the good life he has found.
(c) He believes he's done something wrong.
(d) He fears her wrath.
11. What does the sentry think is going on?
(a) He is dreaming.
(b) He has been kidnapped.
(c) He is being tested by the Young Army.
(d) He will be punished.
12. Why does Marcia drag Jenna upstairs when the Message Rat shows up?
(a) It might not be a Chartered Confidential Rat.
(b) It might be a charmed Rat.
(c) It might not be a Message Rat.
(d) It might be a spell caster.
13. What is Marcia's amulet the symbol of or for?
(a) To ward off demons.
(b) To tell the future.
(c) To protect the wearer.
(d) The source of power of the ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
14. What is Hunter sure that Sally can provide him with?
(c) Food for his group.
15. What conclusion has Sally come to about Jenna?
(a) That she is not a wizard.
(b) That she is the Princess.
(c) That Silas is not her father.
(d) That she is spoiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcia take Jenna when they leave the Heap house?
2. What does Marcia ask Boy 412 when they are on their walk in the morning?
3. Where does Sally take them after Silas explains?
4. What does Sally think when she sees Silas and Marcia together?
5. Who is Jenna?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)