|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sally try to do?
(a) Convince Silas to go home to his wife.
(b) Talk them into coming to the cafe where she can talk to them.
(c) Find Sarah to tell her what is going on.
(d) Shame Marcia into stopping their affair.
2. What does Sally think when she sees Silas and Marcia together?
(a) That they are on a quest.
(b) That Sarah is in trouble.
(c) That they are running away together.
(d) That they are looking for someone.
3. What does Silas assure Sarah that does not come to pass?
(a) He will be careful.
(b) He will confront the Supreme Custodian.
(c) He will be back soon with Simon.
(d) He will do whatever it takes to find Simon.
4. Who are most people in awe of?
(a) The Necromancer.
(b) The Gatekeeper.
(c) The Supreme Custodian.
(d) The ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
5. How does the young soldier alert the Hunter to their location?
(a) He throws the food basket overboard.
(b) He coughs.
(c) He thumps the side of the boat.
(d) He calls out.
6. What does Boggart warn them about?
(a) The fact that the Darke is stronger and will prevail.
(b) The folly of trying to run or hide.
(c) The magical aspects of Draggen Island.
(d) The approach of the Hunter.
7. What is Silas Heap taking home as the story opens?
8. Who follows the Hunter as he searches for the Princess?
(a) Alther Mello.
(b) The Supreme Custodian.
(c) The young sentry.
(d) DomDaniel's apprentice.
9. Who tells her that her behavior is unprofessional?
(c) Boy 412.
10. Why was Boggart sent?
(a) To recruit for the Darke side.
(b) He wasn't. He just lives in the river.
(c) To capsize their boats.
(d) To show them the way to Aunt Zelda's cottage.
11. Who was the apprentice to Alther Mello?
(a) Marcia Overstrand.
(b) The Supreme Custodian.
(c) Sally Mullins.
(d) The Necromancer.
12. What process must each member of the household go through so that Shield Bugs recognize them and are willing to protect them?
(a) Injecting the bugs.
(b) Catching the bugs.
(c) Creating the spell.
(d) Imprinting the bugs.
13. Why does Boy 412 think he had such an easy time with a disappearing spell when he tries it for the first time?
(a) He believes Jenna helped him.
(b) He believes Marcia enchanted him.
(c) He believes they are all trying to trick him.
(d) He believes it is the ring he found.
14. Who is Silas taking this home for?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son, Septimus.
15. Where does Jenna wake up the next morning?
(a) In the canoe.
(b) In the Wizard's Tower.
(c) In the Keeper's Cottage on Draggen Island.
(d) At home with Silas and Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys does Silas tell Morwenna he has?
2. How does Marcia know who is at her door?
3. What is Marcia's amulet the symbol of or for?
4. What does Marcia do when she sees the Hunter coming?
5. Who is Petroc Trelawney?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)