|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby does DomDaniel's apprentice enjoy?
(b) Collecting ants.
(c) Drying flowers.
(d) Collecting rocks.
2. Where is the sentry who stood outside the Tower?
(b) Covered in snow on the ground in a heap.
(c) Standing at the back entrance.
(d) On a breakfast break.
3. Who does Silas see coming out as he arrives home?
(a) His wife.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The undertaker.
(d) The midwife.
4. What does Morwenna think happened to Simon?
(a) He has gone home.
(b) He is lost and wandering the Forest.
(c) His was killed by monsters unleashed from the Castle.
(d) He was taken to the Castle.
5. Where does Marcia take Jenna when they leave the Heap house?
(a) To the next kingdom.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To the Wizard's Tower.
(d) To another family.
6. What does Marcia do when she sees the Hunter coming?
(b) Hides the boat.
(c) Takes the others into the trees to hide.
(d) Mutters the word 'Dive.'
7. What does Sally give Silas before he leaves Galen's?
(a) A hat to help hide his identity.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) Marcia's KeepSafe charm.
(d) A warm coat.
8. What helps Jenna believe it is all true?
(a) The fact that no one calls her Jenna anymore.
(b) The way her family now treats her.
(c) The place that she wakes up in.
(d) The small crown on her head.
9. How old is the sentry that Marcia sees on her way to the Heap house?
10. What is Silas Heap taking home as the story opens?
11. Who was the apprentice to Alther Mello?
(a) Sally Mullins.
(b) The Necromancer.
(c) Marcia Overstrand.
(d) The Supreme Custodian.
12. How does the young soldier alert the Hunter to their location?
(a) He coughs.
(b) He calls out.
(c) He thumps the side of the boat.
(d) He throws the food basket overboard.
13. Who is Jenna?
(a) The Queen's sister.
(b) The Princess.
(c) The Queen's niece.
(d) The King's mother.
14. What does Jenna see when she opens her gift?
(a) A rock.
(b) A dress.
(c) A doll.
(d) A pair of shoes.
15. Who reveals the direction Silas and his group left in and their mode of transportation?
(a) The busboy in the kitchen.
(b) The dishwasher.
(d) The Hunter dressed in a Hanseatic League tunic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boy find on the sandy bottom of the cave he is in?
2. How old is Septimus?
3. Who is Silas taking this home for?
4. How does the Hunter leave Sally?
5. Why doesn't the assassin see Marcia and Jenna escape?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)