Chapters 1 through 5
• Silas Heap heads home after visiting Galen, the Physik Woman, to get herbs for Septimus.
• He can see the castle and senses something nearby, investigates, and finds a baby in a blanket.
• He reaches the Gatekeeper just in time to cross the drawbridge before it is raised for the night.
• He gives Gringe a silver penny; she complains that Marcia Overstrand was more generous.
• Gringe claims this is largely because she is now the ExtraOrdinary Wizard, surprising Silas.
• Before Silas reaches his door, Marcia steps out of the shadows in a purple mist.
• She insists that Silas keep the baby he found a secret from everyone
• He gets home just in time to see the Matron Midwife come out with the bundle that was Septimus
• Sarah tells him about Septimus, and wordlessly, Silas hands her the small baby girl
• The baby is named Jenna by...
This section contains 4,171 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)