|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 73, 74, 75, 76 and 77.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
(a) He will never see Julie again.
(b) Conchis will be gone.
(c) The villa will be destroyed.
(d) He will be sent away from Greece.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of the school at which Nicholas finds a job?
(a) It is an all girl's school.
(b) It is a college.
(c) It is a private school.
(d) It is located in Italy.
3. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
(a) Talking to Leverrier.
(b) Searching for Conchis.
(c) Plotting his revenge.
(d) Finding Alison.
4. Which of the following best describes Nicholas' emotionality?
5. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
(a) Taking an almost obsessive hold over him.
(b) The only option for a future he had open to him.
(c) His life's greatest desire.
(d) Something he needed to be talked into.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term banteringly as used in the following sentence: Nicholas and Alison speak banteringly of their love for each other.
2. Why doesn't Nicholas reveal his feelings to the female visitor?
3. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
4. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
5. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)