|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 60, 61 and 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the conversation between Nicholas and Lily on the beach end?
(a) With Nicholas falling asleep.
(b) With a handshake.
(c) With Lily crying and leaving.
(d) With a kiss on the cheek.
2. What does the message from Conchis tell Nicholas?
(a) That Conchis was called away.
(b) That Conchis wants him to leave the villa.
(c) That Nicholas has received a telegram.
(d) That Nicholas should meet Conchis immediately.
3. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) How to seduce Julie.
(b) When he can return to the villa safely.
(c) Revenge on Conchis.
(d) How to help Julie and June escape.
4. What was Nicholas reluctant to speak or think about?
(c) His Students.
5. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) Eternal mother goddess.
(b) Alison's life.
(c) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
(d) The love between a man and a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nicholas go after he leaves the school on the morning of his return?
2. Why doesn't Nicholas reveal his feelings to the female visitor?
3. When were the huts at the top of Parnassus abandoned?
4. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
5. How does Nicholas feel after he asks Conchis the same question that Conchis had previously asked Nicholas who agrees and the two part ways?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)