|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 60, 61 and 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas interpret the figure in all black wearing a mask that looks like the head of a jackal?
(a) Representation of yet another Greek god.
(b) Representation of his fantasies.
(c) Representation of Demetriades.
(d) Representation of the Egyptian god Anubis.
2. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
(a) Tries to engage Maria in conversation.
(b) Goes to the beach to swim.
(c) Searches for what made the sounds he heard.
(d) Waits for Conchis in the garden.
3. What causes Nicholas to flee in a fearful panic after his nap?
(a) Hearing noises of a woman walking.
(b) Seeing a man who looks like Foulkes and a young girl.
(c) Listening to Conchis's war stories.
(d) Smelling the smells of a rotting corpse.
4. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) Conchis is angry with him.
(b) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
(c) Lily has left the villa.
(d) He has been returned to the school.
5. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Resigned to his masque being over.
(b) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
(c) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
(d) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how the bedroom Nicholas is using is furnished?
2. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
3. Which of the following characters do the villagers claim never to have seen?
4. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
5. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)