|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 60, 61 and 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term banteringly as used in the following sentence: Nicholas and Alison speak banteringly of their love for each other.
2. What does Nicholas first think that Conchis may be concealing?
(a) An unstable relative.
(b) A daughter, wife or mistress.
(c) Nazi war criminals.
(d) The true story of his time in Germany.
3. Why did Conchis join the British army?
(a) Because the woman he loved had also joined.
(b) To overcome his addictions.
(c) To get over the loss of Lily.
(d) To exorcise his sexual nature.
4. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
(b) He tells him he was hallucinating.
(c) He tells him to be patient.
(d) He tells him it was Lily.
5. Where do Nicholas and Alison take refuge for the night?
(a) Abandoned hut.
(b) At the bottom of the mountain.
(d) In a tent under the stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman who Nicholas believes to be Lily do when he approaches?
2. What does Nicholas say began after he returned to his life at school?
3. Which of the following characters is the protagonist of this novel?
4. How does the conversation between Nicholas and Lily on the beach end?
5. What country does Conchis go to after he leaves England?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)