|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 52, 53 and 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conchis' answer to Nicholas when he questions him?
(a) He can leave if he wants.
(b) He must believe.
(c) He must not ask questions.
(d) He must trust Conchis and himself.
2. Which of the following best describes Nicholas' emotionality?
3. Who is the visitor?
4. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
(b) He tells him it was Lily.
(c) He tells him he was hallucinating.
(d) He tells him to be patient.
5. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
(a) Wounded in action.
(b) Duplicitous means.
(c) Honorably discharged.
(d) Leaving the war without permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
2. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
3. What conclusion does Nicholas come to about Conchis in this section of the novel?
4. Why does Conchis take a break while telling Nicholas his life story?
5. What does Nicholas do instead of visiting the villa?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)