|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 52, 53 and 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(a) Julie and June.
(b) Leverrier and Mitford.
(c) Theatrical masques.
2. Which of the following is a priapus?
(a) Representation of an ancient fertility god.
(b) Woman's glove.
(c) Central character in a Shakespeare play.
(d) Nazi war crimes.
3. What did Conchis study when he was in Argentina?
4. Why doesn't Nicholas reveal his feelings to the female visitor?
(a) He is too afraid of Conchis's reaction.
(b) He is too surprised to see her.
(c) He is too awkward and shy.
(d) He is too careful and polite.
5. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
(a) When he was wounded in battle.
(b) When he returned safely from the battles.
(c) When he posed as a corpse.
(d) When he watched his friends die.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
2. How does Nicholas react to the smoke he sees coming from the chimney of a house?
3. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
4. Why does Conchis take a break while telling Nicholas his life story?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Nicholas feels about his experiences at the school so far?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)