|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 and 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
(a) Something he needed to be talked into.
(b) His life's greatest desire.
(c) The only option for a future he had open to him.
(d) Taking an almost obsessive hold over him.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of the school at which Nicholas finds a job?
(a) It is a college.
(b) It is an all girl's school.
(c) It is a private school.
(d) It is located in Italy.
3. What does Nicholas say began after he returned to his life at school?
(c) Physical deterioration.
(d) Spiritual visits.
4. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
(a) Tries to engage Maria in conversation.
(b) Waits for Conchis in the garden.
(c) Searches for what made the sounds he heard.
(d) Goes to the beach to swim.
5. What does the message from Conchis tell Nicholas?
(a) That Nicholas should meet Conchis immediately.
(b) That Nicholas has received a telegram.
(c) That Conchis wants him to leave the villa.
(d) That Conchis was called away.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of this section, where is Nicholas headed?
2. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
3. What does Lily allow Nicholas to do before she leaves him?
4. Which of the following characters is the protagonist of this novel?
5. Where does Nicholas go after he leaves the school on the morning of his return?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)