|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 and 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
(a) Indicative of Nicholas's new lifestyle.
(b) Surprisingly rigid.
(d) Wild and seductive.
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Nicholas feels about his experiences at the school so far?
3. What did Nicholas ask Conchis if he would agree to?
(a) To ask no questions.
(b) To keep their conversation superficial.
(c) To provide him with no women.
(d) To allow him to move to the villa.
4. What was the name of the idealistic group of physicians Conchis joined?
(a) Society for Reason.
(b) Society Against War.
(c) Society to Help Others.
(d) Society to Provide Relief.
5. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
(a) Explore the beach together.
(b) Take a tour of Conchis' home.
(c) Sit and talk about their life stories.
(d) Have lunch in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Conchis put on Nicholas' ability to return to the villa?
2. Which of the following characters is the protagonist of this novel?
3. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
4. Which of the following is an inaccurate characterization of Nicholas Urfe?
5. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)