|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 and 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
(a) When he was wounded in battle.
(b) When he posed as a corpse.
(c) When he watched his friends die.
(d) When he returned safely from the battles.
2. What was the name of the idealistic group of physicians Conchis joined?
(a) Society to Help Others.
(b) Society Against War.
(c) Society to Provide Relief.
(d) Society for Reason.
3. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Studying for teaching exams.
(c) Visiting bars.
(d) Going out to brothels.
4. What has changed in Nicholas' room?
(a) New clothing.
(b) New art work.
(c) New reading material.
(d) New bed.
5. What does Conchis tell Nicholas he will be conducting the following evening?
(a) Musical performance.
(b) Art show.
(d) Poetry reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conchis ask Nicholas to believe in?
2. When did conversation between Nicholas and Conchis become particularly difficult?
3. Which of the following characters was Nicholas' predecessor at the school?
4. How does the conversation between Nicholas and Lily on the beach end?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Nicholas feels about his experiences at the school so far?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)