|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 and 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Conchis say the young woman who will be joining him and Nicholas should be treated?
(a) As though she cannot hear.
(b) As though she is well known to them.
(c) As though she cannot talk.
(d) As though she is an amnesiac.
2. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
(a) Going out to brothels.
(b) Visiting bars.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Studying for teaching exams.
3. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him he was hallucinating.
(b) He tells him it was Lily.
(c) He tells him to be patient.
(d) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
4. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
(a) His parents.
(b) A wife.
(c) A job.
(d) A teacher.
5. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
(a) Woman in white.
(b) Two people in an embrace.
(c) Conchis talking to a woman.
(d) Maria gathering flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the protagonist of this novel?
2. In what language are the words "the waiting room" when Nicholas stumbles across the sign?
3. What captivates Nicholas immediately upon his arrival in Greece?
4. What does Nicholas do instead of visiting the villa?
5. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)