|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 and 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Nicholas feels about his experiences at the school so far?
2. What is Conchis' answer to Nicholas when he questions him?
(a) He must not ask questions.
(b) He can leave if he wants.
(c) He must trust Conchis and himself.
(d) He must believe.
3. How does Conchis explain Lily's twin sister?
(a) He says he doesn't know what he is talking about.
(b) He says Nicholas created her.
(c) He says she does not exist.
(d) He says that she has a split personality.
4. What condition does Conchis put on Nicholas' ability to return to the villa?
(a) He must not ask any questions.
(b) He must keep Conchis's stories private.
(c) He must never bring anyone else with him.
(d) He must not miss a weekend.
5. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
(a) Goes to the beach to swim.
(b) Searches for what made the sounds he heard.
(c) Waits for Conchis in the garden.
(d) Tries to engage Maria in conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
2. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
3. What does Lily allow Nicholas to do before she leaves him?
4. Nicholas' favorite spot on the island is also one that is which of the following?
5. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)