|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
(a) Wounded in action.
(b) Honorably discharged.
(c) Duplicitous means.
(d) Leaving the war without permission.
2. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
(a) Searches for what made the sounds he heard.
(b) Tries to engage Maria in conversation.
(c) Waits for Conchis in the garden.
(d) Goes to the beach to swim.
3. With whom does Conchis take refuge after he leaves England?
(b) Greek uncle.
(c) Army buddy.
4. In what language are the words "the waiting room" when Nicholas stumbles across the sign?
5. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
(a) Sit and talk about their life stories.
(b) Take a tour of Conchis' home.
(c) Explore the beach together.
(d) Have lunch in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas apologizes?
2. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
3. What conclusion does Nicholas come to about Conchis in this section of the novel?
4. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
5. How does Conchis get Nicholas to play?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)