|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters do the villagers claim never to have seen?
2. What did Nicholas ask Conchis if he would agree to?
(a) To keep their conversation superficial.
(b) To ask no questions.
(c) To provide him with no women.
(d) To allow him to move to the villa.
3. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
(a) Duplicitous means.
(b) Wounded in action.
(c) Honorably discharged.
(d) Leaving the war without permission.
4. What does Nicholas do instead of visiting the villa?
(a) Runs in the opposite direction.
(b) Hides and spies on the villa.
(c) Continues on his adventure.
(d) Returns to school.
5. How does Nicholas feel after he asks Conchis the same question that Conchis had previously asked Nicholas who agrees and the two part ways?
(a) An indescribable pain.
(b) An indescribable new sensation.
(c) A strong desire to harm himself.
(d) A realistic and reassuring relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Nicholas views himself as a poet?
2. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
3. In what language are the words "the waiting room" when Nicholas stumbles across the sign?
4. What does Nicholas realize he wants in regard to Alison?
5. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)