|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Nicholas' emotionality?
2. How does Conchis get Nicholas to play?
3. What does Nicholas do when he returns to his room instead of preparing to sleep?
(a) Heads down to the beach to walk.
(b) Searches the house for more women's garments.
(c) Looks at books from the small library.
(d) Stands by his window and waits.
4. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
(b) Surprises of character and strength.
(c) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
(d) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
5. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
(b) Sad but ready for a change.
(d) Like singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conchis show Nicholas at the end of this section?
2. Why doesn't Conchis eat breakfast with Nicholas?
3. What happens to Lily a few days after Conchis leaves?
4. What does the woman who Nicholas believes to be Lily do when he approaches?
5. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)