|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Conchis take a break while telling Nicholas his life story?
(a) To regain his composure.
(b) To catch Nicholas off guard.
(c) To get some brandy.
(d) To check on the dessert.
2. What does Conchis ask Nicholas to believe in?
(a) What Conchis tells him.
(b) What the women tells him.
(c) What he experiences.
(d) What he has read and seen.
3. Which of the following terms best describes Maria as she brings breakfast to Nicholas?
4. In what language are the words "the waiting room" when Nicholas stumbles across the sign?
5. What did Nicholas find in Conchis' home that he found astonishing?
(a) A large group of women.
(b) Mirrors everywhere.
(c) Original works of art.
(d) Nude models.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
2. How does Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas?
3. What does Nicholas find when he returns to school?
4. Why doesn't Conchis eat breakfast with Nicholas?
5. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)