|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Conchis join the British army?
(a) To overcome his addictions.
(b) To exorcise his sexual nature.
(c) To get over the loss of Lily.
(d) Because the woman he loved had also joined.
2. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
(c) Genital Warts.
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of the school at which Nicholas finds a job?
(a) It is a private school.
(b) It is located in Italy.
(c) It is an all girl's school.
(d) It is a college.
4. How does Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas?
5. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
(b) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
(c) Surprises of character and strength.
(d) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
2. Which of the following describes the character of Miftord?
3. What kind of habitation does Nicholas notice near the villa?
4. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
5. What country does Conchis go to after he leaves England?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)