|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchis insist in regard to Nicholas?
(a) He shares his life story with Conchis.
(b) He never interrupts when Conchis is talking.
(c) He asks no questions.
(d) He does not touch Conchis in anyway.
2. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
(a) Exploring his bedroom.
(b) Walking on the beach.
(c) Looking around the music room.
(d) Searching for the owner of the glove.
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the bedroom Nicholas is using is furnished?
4. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
(a) Visiting bars.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Studying for teaching exams.
(d) Going out to brothels.
5. Which of the following describes the character of Miftord?
(a) Stiffly mannered soldier.
(b) Patient and understanding teacher.
(c) Empathetic but rigid.
(d) Resigned and lacking life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas resolve not to do?
2. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
3. What conclusion does Nicholas come to about Conchis in this section of the novel?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Nicholas feels about his experiences at the school so far?
5. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)