|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
(b) Wild and seductive.
(c) Surprisingly rigid.
(d) Indicative of Nicholas's new lifestyle.
2. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
(a) Walking on the beach.
(b) Searching for the owner of the glove.
(c) Exploring his bedroom.
(d) Looking around the music room.
3. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
(a) Going out to brothels.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Visiting bars.
(d) Studying for teaching exams.
4. How does Nicholas feel after he asks Conchis the same question that Conchis had previously asked Nicholas who agrees and the two part ways?
(a) A strong desire to harm himself.
(b) A realistic and reassuring relief.
(c) An indescribable pain.
(d) An indescribable new sensation.
5. What does Nicholas smell as he is getting ready for bed?
(a) Ammunition smell.
(b) Woman's perfume smell.
(c) Flowers from the garden smell.
(d) Rotting corpse smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas first think that Conchis may be concealing?
2. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
3. Which of the following describes the character of Miftord?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of the school at which Nicholas finds a job?
5. How does Nicholas react to the smoke he sees coming from the chimney of a house?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)