|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an inaccurate characterization of Nicholas Urfe?
(a) User of women.
(b) Disinterested Teacher.
(c) Published Poet.
(d) Self-involved child.
2. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
(a) When he posed as a corpse.
(b) When he returned safely from the battles.
(c) When he was wounded in battle.
(d) When he watched his friends die.
3. How does Nicholas feel after he asks Conchis the same question that Conchis had previously asked Nicholas who agrees and the two part ways?
(a) An indescribable new sensation.
(b) A realistic and reassuring relief.
(c) A strong desire to harm himself.
(d) An indescribable pain.
4. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
(a) He would be expelled from the island.
(b) He would have to leave the villa.
(c) He would die.
(d) He would have to tell Conchis his secrets.
5. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
(b) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
(c) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
(d) Surprises of character and strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
2. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
3. What does Nicholas continue to hear that it appears Conchis does not hear?
4. How many English speaking teachers are there at Nicholas' school?
5. Which of the following characters was the name of the woman Conchis fell in love with?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)