|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
(a) Woman in white.
(b) Maria gathering flowers.
(c) Conchis talking to a woman.
(d) Two people in an embrace.
2. What does Nicholas think Conchis might be?
(c) Divine being.
3. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
(a) Surprisingly rigid.
(b) Wild and seductive.
(d) Indicative of Nicholas's new lifestyle.
4. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
(a) Honorably discharged.
(b) Leaving the war without permission.
(c) Duplicitous means.
(d) Wounded in action.
5. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
(b) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
(c) Surprises of character and strength.
(d) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
2. What does Nicholas continue to hear that it appears Conchis does not hear?
3. Why did Conchis join the British army?
4. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
5. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)