|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Surprises of character and strength.
(b) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
(c) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
(d) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
2. How does Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas?
3. How does Conchis get Nicholas to play?
4. Which of the following describes the character of Miftord?
(a) Patient and understanding teacher.
(b) Empathetic but rigid.
(c) Stiffly mannered soldier.
(d) Resigned and lacking life.
5. When did conversation between Nicholas and Conchis become particularly difficult?
(a) When Conchis was asked why he invited Nicholas to his home.
(b) When Nicholas was asked if he had any women in his life.
(c) When Conchis was asked about the events in WWII.
(d) When Nicholas was asked why he had come to Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this story take place?
2. Which of the following characters was the name of the woman Conchis fell in love with?
3. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
4. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
5. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)