|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
(a) Women who help out on campus.
(b) Waiting room.
(d) Classroom in the basement.
2. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
(a) Indicative of Nicholas's new lifestyle.
(c) Wild and seductive.
(d) Surprisingly rigid.
3. Where does this story take place?
4. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
(a) Sit and talk about their life stories.
(b) Have lunch in the garden.
(c) Take a tour of Conchis' home.
(d) Explore the beach together.
5. What does Nicholas find in one of the library books in his bedroom?
(a) Books about art.
(b) Pictures of various members of the village.
(c) A pictorial documentation of the female breast.
(d) The life history of Conchis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the protagonist of this novel?
2. What does Nicholas continue to hear that it appears Conchis does not hear?
3. What captivates Nicholas immediately upon his arrival in Greece?
4. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
5. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)