|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas continue to search for in the bathroom and around the house?
(a) Signs of femininity.
(b) Journals or other indications of past memories.
(c) Hidden passageways.
(d) More pieces of art.
2. Which of the following is an inaccurate characterization of Nicholas Urfe?
(a) User of women.
(b) Published Poet.
(c) Disinterested Teacher.
(d) Self-involved child.
3. In what language are the words "the waiting room" when Nicholas stumbles across the sign?
4. Where does Conchis take Nicholas on a tour?
5. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
(a) A wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of the school at which Nicholas finds a job?
2. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
3. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
4. Why did Conchis join the British army?
5. How does Nicholas react to the smoke he sees coming from the chimney of a house?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)