|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
(a) Visiting bars.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Going out to brothels.
(d) Studying for teaching exams.
2. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
(a) He would be expelled from the island.
(b) He would die.
(c) He would have to tell Conchis his secrets.
(d) He would have to leave the villa.
3. Nicholas' favorite spot on the island is also one that is which of the following?
(a) Well populated.
(b) Forest dense.
(d) On the beach.
4. Which of the following is a priapus?
(a) Woman's glove.
(b) Central character in a Shakespeare play.
(c) Representation of an ancient fertility god.
(d) Nazi war crimes.
5. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
(a) Looking around the music room.
(b) Walking on the beach.
(c) Searching for the owner of the glove.
(d) Exploring his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
2. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Nicholas feels about his experiences at the school so far?
4. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
5. What does Nicholas do instead of visiting the villa?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)