|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas?
2. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
(a) Sad but ready for a change.
(d) Like singing.
3. Which of the following best describes how Nicholas views himself as a poet?
(d) Publish worthy.
4. Which of the following describes the character of Miftord?
(a) Empathetic but rigid.
(b) Resigned and lacking life.
(c) Stiffly mannered soldier.
(d) Patient and understanding teacher.
5. Which of the following is an inaccurate characterization of Nicholas Urfe?
(a) Self-involved child.
(b) Published Poet.
(c) User of women.
(d) Disinterested Teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the protagonist of this novel?
2. What sort of people does Conchis hint that Nicholas is?
3. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
4. Where does this story take place?
5. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)