|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas feel after he asks Conchis the same question that Conchis had previously asked Nicholas who agrees and the two part ways?
(a) A realistic and reassuring relief.
(b) An indescribable pain.
(c) An indescribable new sensation.
(d) A strong desire to harm himself.
2. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
(a) Studying for teaching exams.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Visiting bars.
(d) Going out to brothels.
3. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
(a) Taking an almost obsessive hold over him.
(b) Something he needed to be talked into.
(c) The only option for a future he had open to him.
(d) His life's greatest desire.
4. Which of the following describes the character of Miftord?
(a) Empathetic but rigid.
(b) Stiffly mannered soldier.
(c) Resigned and lacking life.
(d) Patient and understanding teacher.
5. Which of the following best describes how Nicholas views himself as a poet?
(a) Publish worthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Nicholas feels about his experiences at the school so far?
2. Which of the following characters owns the villa?
3. Which of the following characters was the name of the woman Conchis fell in love with?
4. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
5. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)