|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do instead of visiting the villa?
(a) Returns to school.
(b) Runs in the opposite direction.
(c) Hides and spies on the villa.
(d) Continues on his adventure.
2. How many English speaking teachers are there at Nicholas' school?
3. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
(a) Wild and seductive.
(b) Indicative of Nicholas's new lifestyle.
(c) Surprisingly rigid.
4. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
(a) A teacher.
(b) His parents.
(c) A wife.
(d) A job.
5. How does Nicholas react to the smoke he sees coming from the chimney of a house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas tell the gatekeeper when he returns his gun?
2. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
3. What does Nicholas realize he wants in regard to Alison?
4. In what language are the words "the waiting room" when Nicholas stumbles across the sign?
5. Which of the following best describes Nicholas' emotionality?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)