|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas?
2. Which of the following describes the character of Miftord?
(a) Patient and understanding teacher.
(b) Stiffly mannered soldier.
(c) Empathetic but rigid.
(d) Resigned and lacking life.
3. Which of the following characters was Nicholas' predecessor at the school?
4. What does Conchis insist in regard to Nicholas?
(a) He does not touch Conchis in anyway.
(b) He shares his life story with Conchis.
(c) He never interrupts when Conchis is talking.
(d) He asks no questions.
5. Which of the following is an inaccurate characterization of Nicholas Urfe?
(a) Self-involved child.
(b) Published Poet.
(c) User of women.
(d) Disinterested Teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many English speaking teachers are there at Nicholas' school?
2. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
3. What kind of habitation does Nicholas notice near the villa?
4. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
5. What captivates Nicholas immediately upon his arrival in Greece?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)